• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brexit 'divorce bill' could go up to €100bn

tuxfool

Banned
Looks like the 350 million on the side of that bus was a tad of an understatement.

The more I see this process the more I'm glad we voted out.

They're now just looking to scare the shit of the remain voter base before the election.

It's clear now that federalism is the motive looking at how tightly woven the net is.

What is it with brexiters coming into threads spluttering nonsense based on easily verifiable misinformation?

RenditMan

Banned
I mean, your answer is directly in your quote, above the image you quoted.

Frustrating, isn't it?

Everyone who has immigration controls is racist? How do you feel about the immigration controls for non EU nationals?

I assume you protest these vigorously?

Famassu

That's how i see it, i can't see it as anything else, like i have friends from alot of backgrounds vote leave. 99.9% of them i wouldn't call racist. BTW i have never seen that poster before.
There are many forms of racism and racists rarely want to admit they are racists. Just because they aren't patrolling the streets with neonazis doesn't mean they don't harbor some racist ideas.

What numbers?

The 60bn, the 100bn. Different outlets are analysing what the Brexit bill could entail with different methods. The EU has avoided to officially name any numbers.

The 100bn bill includes loans the UK is loaning to other countries for example, which they will receive back.

And this isn't me telling you this first, it's in this thread already. So maybe read the thread a bit next time.

Everyone who has immigration controls is racist? How do you feel about the immigration controls for non EU nationals?

You can call it what you like (maybe racist is a bit strong, xenophobia, fear or just plain ignorance might be better), but it is what it is.

???

If you use nazi looking propaganda to make your point, then yes, that person advocating immigration control is racist. If you do it in a regular way, no.

Also this. I'd add that you should be able to adequately explain why that is your stance on this.

Looks like the 350 million on the side of that bus was a tad of an understatement.

The more I see this process the more I'm glad we voted out.

They're now just looking to scare the shit of the remain voter base before the election.

It's clear now that federalism is the motive looking at how tightly woven the net is.
How is that 350 million coming along, NHS saved yet? Oh wait...

And the irony of blaming the EU of scare tactics, with the whole the EU is going to take over nonsense afterwards.

If you use nazi looking propaganda to make your point, then yes, that person advocating immigration control is racist. If you do it in a regular way, no.

RenditMan

Banned
How is that 350 million coming along, NHS saved yet? Oh wait...

And the irony of blaming the EU of scare tactics, with the whole the EU is going to take over nonsense afterwards.

Nothing nazi about the picture that was posted.

What's your position on immigration controls for non EU nationals?

Nothing nazi about the picture that was posted.

ClJeYxoVYAE24oL.jpg

Uh-huh.

Most major news sources are reporting it, citing EU sources.

That's not how citing works. That's not how any of this works.

EU officials say: "Yeah, we also gotta take these things into account to calculate the bill"

*British newspaper calculates with their own methodology based on that statement*

British newspaper: "EU said we gotta pay 100bn, those wankers!"

Some poster on NeoGAF: "Where is the EU pulling these numbers from?!"

I swear to god I'm hearing the aneurysm being formed in my head.

Joni

I think there is, and like a previous poster said "a distribution problem". With this and our poor previous and present politician's i'm not sure how anybody expected a different outcome.

Good reason to vote these people out of power and surrender sovereignty to the EU.

Compared to France and Germany we are definitely overcrowded.

And you are not compared to Belgium and the netherlands that still manage to avoid the argument. And like the UK both those countries have regions that are less populated.

And what? Are you implying everyone who voted leave did so because of that picture?

Just a minute ago you said there wasn't anything nazi about that picture.

Moving those goalposts a bit quick aren't we

And just so you know: NO, I do not. It's clear to me however that the Leave campaign was pretty racist and had pretty big influence over Leave voters.

This constant "BUT DO YOU THINK EVERYONE-" is gettin pretty old pretty fast.

And what? Are you implying everyone who voted leave did so because of that picture?

No of course not they did it for the guaranteed prosperity of Britain.

Any day now its going to start raining cash. Any day now.

Its not the picture it's what the picture symbolises. Yes symbols, yes? "Oh a bunch of gypsies looking for work, no thanks"

RenditMan

Banned
That's not how citing works. That's not how any of this works.

EU officials say: "Yeah, we also gotta take these things into account to calculate the bill"

*British newspaper calculates with their own methodology based on that statement*

British newspaper: "EU said we gotta pay 100bn, those wankers!"

Some poster on NeoGAF: "Where is the EU pulling these numbers from?!"

I swear to god I'm hearing the aneurysm being formed in my head.

EU officials have already imposed guidelines and discussed figures of 50-60 billion, they since released new guidelines with additional considerations.

Do you think they expected those to be simply ignored or do you think they expected them to be fully scrutinised?

RenditMan

Banned
No of course not they did it for the guaranteed prosperity of Britain.

Any day now its going to start raining cash. Any day now.

Its not the picture it's what the picture symbolises. Yes symbols, yes? "Oh a bunch of gypsies looking for work, no thanks"

Maybe they just felt that controlling immigration is a better option for the country?

Radical thinking I know.

EU officials have already imposed guidelines and discussed figures of 50-60 billion, they since released new guidelines with additional considerations.

Do you think they expected those to be simply ignored or do you think they expected them to be fully scrutinised?

I mean if you can't differentiate between the EU making an official statement about the bill and a few EU officials and PMs of EU countries telling what they personally estimate the bill will be, I don't know what to tell you.

Sou Da

Maybe they just felt that controlling immigration is a better option for the country?

Radical thinking I know.

Just gonna keep ignoring the fact that you were dead wrong about the nazi imagery huh? Gotta get those replies.

GamingKaiju

It's kinda funny if Labor went all out on remaining in the EU they could use this slogan

"Save the country billions by voting Labor"

"The Tories are going to cost the UK billions leaving the EU"

"Instead of putting £350 million a week in the NHS why not put in billions by staying in the EU"

Bobnob

What do you mean "Could be white people ?" the photo is clearly not of white people.
What do you think i mean ? The picture depicts people coming to the UK in droves, doesn't matter if their white/black or Asian, to me it would mean the same if the were all white. Thats without seeing the write up and the nazi pic, like many others won't have.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Can you link to the said EU guidelines?

What do you think i mean ? The picture depicts people coming to the UK in droves, doesn't matter if their white/black or Asian, to me it would mean the same if the were all white. Thats without seeing the write up and the nazi pic, like many others won't have.

Those are not people coming to the UK. WTF!

RenditMan

Banned
I mean if you can't differentiate between the EU making an official statement about the bill from a few EU officials and PMs of EU countries telling what they estimate the bill will be, I don't know what to tell you.

The EU lead negotiator has plenty to say.

Personally I'd prefer everyone stfu until the talks start in earnest.

Everyone sticking their oar in shows exactly how much a complete clusterfuck and dis jointed the EU can be.

PJV3

I thought it was the Hungarian border.

The EU lead negotiator has plenty to say.

Personally I'd prefer everyone stfu until the talks start in earnest.

Everyone sticking their oar in shows exactly how much a complete clusterfuck and dis jointed the EU can be.

Ahahahahahahahaha

Wait a second

Ahahahahahahahahahaha

I dunno, but did you take a look at British politicians in the last months?

kmag

You do realise you're trying to play chess with a pigeon don't you, guys. No matter what clever move you make, he'll just shit on the board, knock over your pieces and go back to his nest feeling happy about himself.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
What are you trying to deny the existence of?

Yes. There is no officially communicated bill from EU. What exists are some calculations that EU did and redid and tries to discuss with UK. And May refused.

The rest is speculation and the British press and politicians in elections mode.

You blamed EU for a calculation that the Independent guesstimated and you went in a rant based on it. Obviously you didn't read anything in detail. Asked about sources you're just lamely deflecting. And here we are. I think that here we also stop with this.

Because I won't continue discussing on things without a proper source.

Famassu

When it comes to politics there's very few right or wrong answers, hence why politics exist.

One mans bullshit is another mans revelation.
Yeeeah, no. There are statements that are (more) factual and ones that are pure BS and the Brexiters spread pure lies. Not juts things people can disagree with, straight out LIES.

Top Bottom