• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buying a 4K TV for PS4K thread!

Madness

Fyi, just contacted Samsung. They said they would be happy to price match and refund the differencr but I needed to be logged into my account, be showing the product price as well as the date and time somehow. So I did a print screen with my mouse on the account part showing my name and as logged in, the price of $1079.99 which is probably firesale price, and the windows date and time. I even used red bubbles to circle to show Samsung. I advise you to do the same.

Seriously, in almost 18 years of following tech bargains,$1079.99 for the 65" KS8000 is unheard of. This is almost Samsung flagship and one of the best tvs outside of maybe a handful that cost hundreds to thousands more.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Uh770v I think is this one? http://uk.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/uh7700

How much? If it's super cheap it might be an option, but would need to compare with sets like samsung ks7000 or Sony xd800d

60" Samsung ks7000 £1300 in the uk
I'm in Sweden and our prices for TVs are fucking ridiculous anyway, but HDR1000 one is 1200 USD and the HDR10 one (5 inch bigger) is like 1100 USD. The original non-campaign price for the HDR1000 is 2100 USD. So it's marginally cheaper now, which is why I'm wondering which one of exactly these two you would choose :/

Attrition

Fyi, just contacted Samsung. They said they would be happy to price match and refund the differencr but I needed to be logged into my account, be showing the product price as well as the date and time somehow. So I did a print screen with my mouse on the account part showing my name and as logged in, the price of $1079.99 which is probably firesale price, and the windows date and time. I even used red bubbles to circle to show Samsung. I advise you to do the same.

Seriously, in almost 18 years of following tech bargains,$1079.99 for the 65" KS8000 is unheard of. This is almost Samsung flagship and one of the best tvs outside of maybe a handful that cost hundreds to thousands more.

Thanks, I sent off an updated email to the ecomm10 address including what you said, was easy with snipping tool.

I agree completely. I was thrilled to get the 65 for $1279. Find out less than a week later it has dropped $200. Unbelievable. Hope the refund is a smooth process and that my TV arrives in excellent condition on Tuesday.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm in Sweden and our prices for TVs are fucking ridiculous anyway, but HDR1000 one is 1200 USD and the HDR10 one (5 inch bigger) is like 1100 USD. The original non-campaign price for the HDR1000 is 2100 USD. So it's marginally cheaper now, which is why I'm wondering which one of exactly these two you would choose :/

Going from this overview http://www.flatpanelshd.com/article.php?subaction=showfull&id=1459247590 it sounds like the 77 is a couple of notches better than the other one. But it is the entry level Dolby vision and local dimming sounds limited. But out of the two that would be the one I'd go for.

No other brands or models in that price range?

I got my $100 price difference from Best Buy today on my KS8500. I'm pretty jealous of KS8000 owners getting a $200 cut.

ZOONAMI

Just for shits tried a custom 120hz resolution on the HDMI 1 port on my Hisense 55H8C, working flawlessly, passed UFO test.

Awesome.

Gonna run PC 120hz, Xbox one S HDR and PS4 HDR on the HDR inputs. HDMI 2 is the ARC. Perfect.

Waterdrop

Is the diference from the LG B6 oled vs KS8000 staggering? is it worth the extra money for the OLED.

I am hearing average things about the ks8000 recently

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Is the diference from the LG B6 oled vs KS8000 staggering? is it worth the extra money for the OLED.

I mean that depends. You would be paying 2x more than KS8000.

But yeah LG B6 OLED is definitely superior. Which it should be since you paying twice the money lol

KS8000 is the best bang for the buck atm when it comes to 4K and HDR.

IronRinn

Is the Samsung EPP deal dead? I see it when I sign in but when I click on it it says either no longer valid or that I have to be an employee.

Geneijin

If you value picture quality above all else, yes. YMMV on input lag.

Price difference may also sway you way one or another too. I only bit on a C6P because there was a recent sale for $1500 on the 55".

spannicus

Its dead on my end. I was a referral, and the Samsung store now says it's for employees only.
Did you make a samsung account through the perks at work store. Try that and hope that it links your account. Do this before trying to purchase anything. Hope it works for you. This is how i did it.

aparisi2274

I know this thread is more about the TV, but have any of you been hooking your new 4k HDR sets into receivers? I am planning on getting the 49" Sony 4k HDR set soon, and the eventual PS4 Pro, and am looking to find out if either of these receivers will pass through the 4k and HDR signals to the TV...

Onkyo TX-SR353 5.1-Channel A/V Receiver

front_large.jpg

back_large.jpg

SR353-2016-hdmi-hdcp.jpg

All HDMI terminals support the latest TV displays with four inputs handling HDCP 2.2 copy protection, HDR (High Dynamic Range), with BT.2020 support, and 4:4:4 color space encoded in content from movie studios, broadcasters, and streaming services for next-generation UltraHD.

OR.....

Sony 7.2 Channel Home Theater AV Receiver

cdd841429ea8cbe58a36d52faa2b8f2a

d635ab721408a227d43002b656baf53c

Experience the complete sound and vision experience with 4K/60p video support, including HDR for expanded dynamic range and HDCP 2.2 compatibility. Immerse yourself in 4K content distributed via satellite, Internet and UHD Blu-ray Discs, together with surround sound. SongPal enables intuitive operation from your smartphone. Wirelessly enjoy music thanks to NFC and Bluetooth®.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone can recommend a really good 5.1 receiver I'd appreciate that as well, since I am most likely not going to take advantage of the extra channels on the 7/2 receivers.

DBT85

I know this thread is more about the TV, but have any of you been hooking your new 4k HDR sets into receivers? I am planning on getting the 49" Sony 4k HDR set soon, and the eventual PS4 Pro, and am looking to find out if either of these receivers will pass through the 4k and HDR signals to the TV...

Onkyo TX-SR353 5.1-Channel A/V Receiver

front_large.jpg

back_large.jpg

SR353-2016-hdmi-hdcp.jpg

OR.....

Sony 7.2 Channel Home Theater AV Receiver

cdd841429ea8cbe58a36d52faa2b8f2a

d635ab721408a227d43002b656baf53c

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone can recommend a really good 5.1 receiver I'd appreciate that as well, since I am most likely not going to take advantage of the extra channels on the 7/2 receivers.

Both of those will pass 4k HDR.

I have bought a Pioneer VSX-831 to deal with it.

Sadly the Sony 770 and 1070 which are available in the rest of the world are not yet available in the UK. Like you can get them on Amazon for 25% more than they should be but that's about it.

Baffling to me that they've had 4k HDR screens on the market for this long, have launched a 4k hdr console and don't have a RX on the market here for it.

All I have to say guys in regards to setting up your Pro w/ a 4k TV, is to triple check your settings on both devices.

Regarding the Sony X800D:

So other than people telling those to use HDMI 2 or 3 for 4k w/HDR (HDMI 1 doesn't even do 4k @ 60, which would be a problem for games like Titanfall 2 or CoD Infinite Warfare).

When you set your Sony 800D in the setttings -> input -> enchance HDMI ports. It didn't work the first time. The PS4 still had the 2160p RGB setting greyed out. The 2160p YUV
setting was there, but that only does HDR up to 2k, not HDR up to 4k.

I had to try to toggle it on and off again in the TV's settings, then the PS4 showed both 2160p settings (YUV and RGB) available. From there of course, you put it on auto. And on auto, it seems the PS4 Pro wants RGB, you know that by checking the video output information. (which is super helpful and I'm glad Sony put it in there for the Pro).

TLDR:
1) I had to know to set my Pro HDMI input to certain HDMI inputs on the TV. Not all HDMI inputs on a TV have the same feature set.

2) I had to double check the current resolution by going to the settings menu on PS4, sound and screen. Noticed one of the resolutions was greyed out.

3) Then I had go back into the TV's settings, inputs, and turn on enhanced HDMI.

4) The setting was still greyed out on PS4.

5) Turned enchanced HDMI off, then back on again.

6) And then now the 2160p RGB setting was available.

...fucks sakes.

Quonny

please let the ks8000 come in one piece tomorrow

Lady Gaia

I know this thread is more about the TV, but have any of you been hooking your new 4k HDR sets into receivers?

I have a stop-gap solution using optical audio from the Pro to my non-4K non-HDR receiver with an HDMI cable direct from the console to the Samsung KS8000 (I really like the breakout box design of the television for this purpose; it's great to have a single cable running behind the television even with multiple HDMI connections.) The Harmony remote automatically configures inputs so it's not a pain to use in practice.

... but I miss having some of the conveniences of running everything through the receiver, so I'll definitely update before long. The line I'm looking at is the Yamaha Aventage series, the RX-A1060 in particular:

In the same price range as the Onkyo you cited Yamaha's offering is the RX-V381:

IronRinn

If you had already signed up it is still going. New perksatwork referrals are dead.
Yeah, I had signed up back on the 5th. Wonder what the issue is.

Edit: Ah, I figured it out. Was logging into the referral site. Logging into Samsung's site give me the deal.

Mindman

Did you make a samsung account through the perks at work store. Try that and hope that it links your account. Do this before trying to purchase anything. Hope it works for you. This is how i did it.

I can't even get to the Samsung store anymore through Perks at Work. Says it's for employees only.

I know this is a "TV" thread but I'm looking for a new gaming monitor for my PS4 Pro and my pc. Looking for something in the 27-32" range with amazing input times. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I can't do fps games on 40-50 inch monster tvs.

Gritesh

This is me right now too man.

Attrition

I know this is a "TV" thread but I'm looking for a new gaming monitor for my PS4 Pro and my pc. Looking for something in the 27-32" range with amazing input times. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I can't do fps games on 40-50 inch monster tvs.

There are do many different monitors in various price ranges it is hard to recommend.

You need to decide which LCD panel type you want. IPS has the best colors. VA has the best contrast. You need to figure out what means more to you. Check displaylag.com, filter by monitors. Anything marketed as "gaming" monitor is going to have low input lag.

Feeling the same way about my LG B6. Hope all is well tomorrow.

tootie923

I have a stop-gap solution using optical audio from the Pro to my non-4K non-HDR receiver with an HDMI cable direct from the console to the Samsung KS8000 (I really like the breakout box design of the television for this purpose; it's great to have a single cable running behind the television even with multiple HDMI connections.) The Harmony remote automatically configures inputs so it's not a pain to use in practice.

... but I miss having some of the conveniences of running everything through the receiver, so I'll definitely update before long. The line I'm looking at is the Yamaha Aventage series, the RX-A1060 in particular:

In the same price range as the Onkyo you cited Yamaha's offering is the RX-V381:

I got the Yamaha RX-V581 and it's pretty solid with decent menus and good support, and I'd imagine the V381 is pretty good, only major differences being Atmos and DTS:X. I tend to distrust Onkyo these days as I got burned by my TX-SR606's HDMI ports dying a few years ago.

DBT85

Got back from work this morning and had a rearrange in the living room ready for tomorrows arrival. TV used to be in the far corner and sofas were different so setting up 5.1 was just a pain. No such problems now!

Will see how we get on with it and if happy I'll nail the 55XD93 to the wall and see about a smaller unit for the Pro and Sky, and shift my huge HTPC case and the RX to up the side of the sofa out of the way.

For context, this tv is a 47" and in the second photo my head is 8.5ft or 2.6m away.
EDIt: also just found out that Sony include a wall bracket for the TV. A nice surprise!

adversarial

Newegg has their Black Friday list up.

Definitely thinking about pulling the trigger on LG Electronics 49UH6030 49-Inch 4K Ultra HD when I get paid.

Bestbuy has their black friday sale on the KS8000 55' in for $999,99. Is that good?

It all depends on your budget. The 65 inch model is $1500 and I'm debating on whether to cave in and get it or not. I truly want the KS9000 65 inch model but at $2200 it's out of my price range. If it was to drop to $1500-1700 I'd bite right away.

Jake2by4

It all depends on your budget. The 65 inch model is $1500 and I'm debating on whether to cave in and get it or not. I truly want the KS9000 65 inch model but at $2200 it's out of my price range. If it was to drop to $1500-1700 I'd bite right away.

Whats the difference between the 8000 and 9000?

Khatoz

I ordered the 65" for $1279 on the 8th but just saw the lower price. I called Samsung today to get the price difference refund. The rep had me email her a picture of the price listed on their website and she said i'll get the refund within 3-5 days. I'm ecstatic to get this high end tv under $1100. :)

Hey man.

After speaking with the samsung rep did you get an email notification about the refund or did she just gave you your case number?

And was the case number 10 digits?

Madness

This is me right now too man.

How do you think I feel. Mine came, but no way for me to verify if it works and it has been a few days. The relative I had my 65" shipped to is very clueless so I don trust him to open and view if it works. Just sucks, but once all is said and done, $1079.99 for the 65" KS8000 is ridiculous. Will never see this kind of pricing again.

DBT85

Woo. I put the free CT390 soundbar and sub on amazon to sell and it went fast. That's £160 back on my TV purchase.

How do you think I feel. Mine came, but no way for me to verify if it works and it has been a few days. The relative I had my 65" shipped to is very clueless so I don trust him to open and view if it works. Just sucks, but once all is said and done, $1079.99 for the 65" KS8000 is ridiculous. Will never see this kind of pricing again.

One might call it madness haha

Quonny

Got my KS8000 delivered by AGS, set it up, and...

I'm pissed.

Pissed I didn't get the 65 inch because this thing is awesome! No dead pixels, no cracks, perfect. Man this thing is pretty.

ViciousDS

Banned
WAIT.

The KS8000 is already on sale on the best buy website for $999

WTF

It said it was a black friday deal

GO GO GO

you save $2 on black friday as opposed to getting it now lol

I'm going for it

Top Bottom