• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered Multiplayer Gameplay

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Any info what we'll see, when we click that link?

A YouTube video of length 0:01 and titled Let's Do This!, showcasing the SAS announcer's match-opening exhortation transcribed as "Let's do this" in the video game Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Have they confirmed what game modes will be included? I really want to play old school free for all but I doubt they'll include it

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
What exactly was the difference between old school and normal COD4 modes ? I will admit that in all my years of playing COD4 I never played old school.

EDIT - Just read about it, sounds awesome!

Parablank

no medals might be the best news I've seen coming out of this guy

so happy right now after like 3(?) cod games with medals

frontovik

Banned
ActiBlizz would be shooting themselves in the foot if they required IW in order to play MWR. That being said, I'm still confident that they will release it separately within next year.

JackEtc

The "must have disc inserted" thing concerns me...I was gonna buy the $80 disc version with my 20% prime discount, but I really don't want to have to put the disc in everyitme I wanna play COD4, so maybe I'll go with digital.....��������

Did they fix the M40 ACOG situation?

Yea its no longer one shot kill 100 percent anymore.

Is this 100% confirmed?

biteren

i do hope there is a stand alone version at some point. im liking what im seeing and look forward of reliving my PS3 days of playing MW while watching YouTubePoop.

Daffy Duck

Woohoo! Do the medals earned in MWR earn any XP? If disabled I imagine we won't get any of the XP if true.

The medals are just an identifier for the XP earned, i would think you still get the associated XP for doing said item and will actually earn a medal for the associated action they just won't pop up like they do in say BO3 for example.

black070

dont know if this has been posted already, not really surprising.

http://charlieintel.com/2016/10/01/new-legal-wording-cod-site-suggests-iw-disc-might-required-play-mwr/

MWR might require IW disc to play

EDIT: not really news, but more confirming what we already know maybe

Not wholly surprising - we'd be seeing a whole load of MWR codes/IW copies being flogged online otherwise from consumers only looking for one or the other, this ensures consumers purchase and keep both.

rubes7844

Banned

Daffy Duck

How is that possible if I just redeemed a code for the single player?

That code is just for the early access version, come release day that version stops working and you have to install the full game via the code in the box/email if you buy digitally.

Vic_Viper

That code is just for the early access version, come release day that version stops working and you have to install the full game via the code in the box/email if you buy digitally.

I was just wondering about that. Like what's stopping ppl from just cancelling their pre order. But I guess that explains it. Either way I'm still picking mine up. But didn't Acti say they would release it separately down the road?

HiiiLife

I was just wondering about that. Like what's stopping ppl from just cancelling their pre order. But I guess that explains it. Either way I'm still picking mine up. But didn't Acti say they would release it separately down the road?

They never downright confirmed a standalone release.

Wait did some of you actually believe they wouldn't tie it to IW? Its Activision. I still don't believe there are no MT in MWR until I play it.

Also this.

jmizzal

Not wholly surprising - we'd be seeing a whole load of MWR codes/IW copies being flogged online otherwise from consumers only looking for one or the other, this ensures consumers purchase and keep both.

Then they should sell it apart like all other remasters

On PC: discontinued Punkbuster support, too many fake servers (they appear as full but they redirect you on empty servers mostly)

Protip: Never use auto-search in server browser.
Click here, choose your location and your other preferences, click GO.
Copy server IP, go to the in-game server browser,click Favorites -> Add Server IP, paste server IP. And join server.

Randam

Protip: Never use auto-search in server browser.
Click here, choose your location and your other preferences, click GO.
Copy server IP, go to the in-game server browser,click Favorites -> Add Server IP, paste server IP. And join server.
This is why I don't like the old cod games on pc.

Groundwar with 18 players was to much sometimes already.
But 24 or even 50 and 64 players.
Clusterfuck deluxe.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I really wish we would get some details on the PC version. I'm not really expecting much (not really because of Raven but because of what they're allowed to do) but I'd at least like to get a look at it.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Still no info on if it'll support split screen online multiplayer

Top Bottom