• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered Multiplayer Gameplay

nillah

Banned
Why are people so excited by this when COD 4 still exists? Like is it really that big of a deal? The graphics have been upgraded ok sure but the gameplay is identical.

People are saying how bad they have wanted this for so long yet you can still play cod 4...only this one has less maps than the original lol.
Hacks bro. 4/5 games are unplayable due to hacked lobbies, where your character is flying, automatic 10th prestige.,, at least on PS3. Plus it would be nice just to have a goat game on next gen hardware. Hope they release a physical stand only copy of COD4MWRM

Why are people so excited by this when COD 4 still exists? Like is it really that big of a deal? The graphics have been upgraded ok sure but the gameplay is identical.

People are saying how bad they have wanted this for so long yet you can still play cod 4...only this one has less maps than the original lol.

10 maps in November, the extra 6 come in December. People are excited because COD4 currently on 360 is riddled with issues and hackers. This way People will get a sharper game and new support to go along with it.

Bishop89

Playerbase is dead jim

Portugeezer

Gold Member
Fair enough, I used to play COD4 on PC but I can sort of understand why console only players would maybe want an updated version especially if they sold their old hardware, I didn't think of it like that, makes sense.

Plus less hackers is always a good thing, are the extra maps coming for free or as DLC?

Hacks and whether you think it's a big deal or not, it will have updated graphics, and will also work on new consoles. No one likes taking out their old hardware even if they like a game.

Yes, the rest of the maps will be free DLC.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Used in original modes, whatever that means.

I'm going to assume for other modes like Kill Confirmed which wouldn't have had any VOs recorded for it for COD4.

If someone could complain on twitter to ask for the PC version to have a server browser/server files as well that would be very much appreciated ;)

An option is fine as well.

Absolutely, I'm all for player choice :)

Hacks and whether you think it's a big deal or not, it will have updated graphics, and will also work on new consoles. No one likes taking out their old hardware even if they like a game.

Yes, the rest of the maps will be free DLC.

Only thing we don't know about are the Variety Map Pack DLC maps. The original 16 are confirmed but not the dlc maps. I hope they do make the cut eventually though, I really want Broadcast back.

Bolivar687

Banned
Amazing that they're keeping the original VOs.

So I took advantage of the Gamestop trade in promotion this weekend and decided to preorder the legacy edition. I expect after I trade in the Infinite Warfare disc, it will be cheaper than it otherwise would be if I bought a code off eBay or waited for the standalone release.

When I was finishing up at the register, this kid (couldn't have been older than 14) asked me if I actually wanted IW or if I was just buying it for MWR. When I laughed and told him the latter, he related that it seems like everyone is doing that. I'm definitely still holding to the prediction that MWR will have a larger player base than IW, at most a month after launch, if not immediately.

im_dany

On PS3: lot of hackers

On PC: discontinued Punkbuster support, too many fake servers (they appear as full but they redirect you on empty servers mostly)

On X360: a few hackers, plus less european players means more lag

I think if there's a multiplayer game that deserves to be revived with a remaster, that is COD4. Next should be (a working) Halo 2 and BFBC2.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

On PC: discontinued Punkbuster support, too many fake servers (they appear as full but they redirect you on empty servers mostly)

I think if there's a multiplayer game that deserves to be revived with a remaster, that is COD4. Next should be (a working) Halo 2 and BFBC2.

Not really an issue IMO, it's still very very easy to find servers on the PC version.

DevilDog

I never have issues finding servers on PC. Every since it's release it has retained a decent playerbase.

Hip Hop

Man, I totally did not want the original gun sounds in game.

I hope they add more thump/bass/punch into them at least, because they are atrocious as is.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I know but it's annoying having to use a web browser (looking at you BF3) or a mod to have a clean server browser.

I guess I've been lucky tbh, never had to do anything as the servers I've picked have always had folks playing and not been redirects etc.

Man, I totally did not want the original gun sounds in game.

I hope they add more thump/bass/punch into them at least, because they are atrocious as is.

I don't think they are literally putting the old gun sounds back, probably just giving them more bass/ooomph. I hope.

Gorillaz

Only for original modes? What does that even mean? New voices for new modes? .... Why? Keep them all the same, old voices.

Probably has to do with how much the VA's want for them to come back for the new stuff.

We are definitely getting new modes tho. They keep mentioning it. They are at least doing Christmas Crash so that's cool since it never launched on console back in the day. I can see Hardpoint or kill confirm being patched in. Updating the old with some new.

Gorillaz

Keep in mind the Marines announcer was just an IW employee who now works for Respawn. Not sure if some of the others might have been staff as well.

Griggs? I actually remember seeing the VA waaay back. Thought he was just cool with them didn't know he was actually a IW/Respawn guy.

I can see that be the case then for the VA stuff. Might be a mix of loyalty as well.

viHuGi

Banned
This game just sounds better and better...

Now all we need is scorestreaks for less campers and grenades to be nerfed since they were OP.

Bring the game already!

Moozo

Is it me or does the gameplay look 1.5~2x as fast as the original? Check de "Backlot without commentary" video (https://youtu.be/eDfuhOEylHs) from the OP. The player runs so fast. And he isn't running any speed perks.
I think the sensitivity being on high is just heightening the effect.

There's a comparison video somewhere of the first officially released gameplay replicated by someone in the original game and they act everything out at the same speed.

nillah

Banned
Seriously this was in a COD4 PS3 lobby, my ID turned blue, all guns were unlocked and the enemies were total bullet sponges...

Daffy Duck

Excellent news, at this point in time I think ATVI should just let Raven make a CoD game, they are listening to all the constructive feedback and bossing it.

Top Bottom