• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered Multiplayer Gameplay

They would end up pissing more people off by fixing things. I personally like what they're doing with it.

They should fix things that are obviously broken. If any recent COD game shipped with these issues they'd be patched quickly. But they're leaving them in COD4 because it was never fixed in 2007? That doesn't make any sense to me.

I personally don't care about the new announcers, but the fact that they're fixing things that aren't broken while ignoring obviously broken things is frustrating.

Metfanant

Really? The fact that they haven't fixed this or other major issues (like certain guns appearing on the radar, even while silenced) is a huge oversight in my opinion.

I don't mind killstreakscounting towards your next killstreak after a respawn...but thinks like basic game mechanics such as silenced guns showing up on radar, should probably be fixed

ShutterMunster

I don't mind killstreakscounting towards your next killstreak after a respawn...but thinks like basic game mechanics such as silenced guns showing up on radar, should probably be fixed

Absolutely. You could argue the kill streak thing was by design. The other stuff is just glitches. Didn't they fix the M40 ACOG situation?

Ame

According to Drift0r they took care of that. Once you get a helicopter and respawn, it won't get you more killstreaks like it use to.

Mullah88

why are ppl worried about endless killstreaks? i remember shooting down the choppers as soon as they arrived. cant wait for this to come out, hardcore all day everyday!

HiiiLife

why are ppl worried about endless killstreaks? i remember shooting down the choppers as soon as they arrived. cant wait for this to come out, hardcore all day everyday!

I guess we're the minority. Picking the RPG Sonic Boom class made quick work of helicopters.

And that's with the RPG trajectory curving all over.
And people wanted to add stingers to this game? The fuck? Lol.

Also I could've SWORE I saw the endless choppers glitch is still a thing. But Driftor says otherwise so who knows. Maybe I'm going crazy.

E92 M3

Kinda crazy, the regular edition of IW isn't even in the top 100 on Amazon. Everyone wants MWR. Activision knew what they were doing.

MMaRsu

Banned
If we arent getting the original VA i dont think ill pick this up till its 20$ or something

Fake ass va

Kinda crazy, the regular edition of IW isn't even in the top 100 on Amazon. Everyone wants MWR. Activision knew what they were doing.
It sorta justifies me buying only Infinite Warfare this holiday and still feeling like I got my money's worth... just barely. I mean I want IW but Modern Warfare Remastered for $20 more?! How can I not say no :D

Also helps I'm broke and two games for $80 is better than one for $60 :(

zsynqx

Really? Drift0r said in one of his videos that it's not in there.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NhXit-Re7wo

At 3:30

Ahh cool, awesome if true. Drift0r said in an earlier video that it was still in so he must've made a mistake then.

More good news

Raven will be updating the obituary icons for headshots and melee kills to match the orginal theme. #MWRemastered
https://twitter.com/wendellwobble/status/775764028799025152

I know this won't matter to most people but I'm glad they are changing it back. Hated the Advance Warfare icons.

count me in the camp that isn't interested unless they remove some of the perks (stopping power, juggernaut, martyrdom, 3x frags, double tap)

playing the same unbalanced game I still own that still has people playing isn't worth $80 to me

not to mention not fixing the glitches lol

players who haven't played in years are in for a rude awakening when they realize COD 4 isn't the holy grail they thought it was

count me in the camp that isn't interested unless they remove some of the perks (stopping power, juggernaut, martyrdom, 3x frags, double tap)

playing the same unbalanced game I still own that still has people playing isn't worth $80 to me

players who haven't played in years are in for a rude awakening when they realize COD 4 isn't the holy grail they thought it was

Sure, and let's take UAV Jammer out too while we're at it, since that's the only perk 2 people would pick with SP and Jugg out if the game.

The only balance changes I could make in good conscience would be nerfing 3x Frag to 2x Frag and adding in Flak Jacket somewhere in the perk list. SP and Jugg cancel each other and keep UAV Jammer in check, and Martyrdom/Last Stand are rarely effective against good players (while also depriving you of Dead Silence, which is pretty fuckin' important).

Game is fine enough as is, and most of the stuff mentioned wouldn't even be on my hit list if I was given free reign to change things up.

Thinking about it, I kinda hope they do variant versions of the maps since they likely wont do DLC(Winter Crash, Winter Overgrown, Etc)

They needed new lines I think,
Griggs = Works at Respawn so not available,
Gaz = an actor, isn't going to get flown to LA for just a new line or two, probably expensive due to all the repeats.
The OPFOR and Russian voice shouldn't be much of a problem though, at worst just get someone from other COD's to replace them if you have to.
Hell 50cent is supposedly broke get him to replace Griggs, people thought he was Griggs in MW2 anyway. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_080bxq_UQ

Also don't like that they gave Marines the ghillie suit, doesn't really fit any of the Marine's maps.

I'd be up for some MW2 and BlOps maps as dlc. Maybe a few packs - 15 maps total a best of collection from other CoD games where decent maps are often hampered by the gameplay being worse than MW1.

Old voice actors are better. Unsure why they replaced them unless the mixing was such that the old ones couldn't be brought forward properly.

I think I'd like some changes too

My worry is that by asking, they add bullshit like Infinite sprint and Bling instead of Flak jacket and reducing stopping power effectiveness (to maybe like 100% bullet penetration instead of extra damage)

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Looking good. Nostalgia overload.

Really looking forward to seeing what this looks like on the pro. Just hoping to see 4K and HDR support (which is pretty much confirmed)

Anything on top of that will be icing on the cake. Infinite Warfares extra effects for instance would be fantastic.

HiiiLife

Quoting for when I find the game still fun & #1.

Sure, and let's take UAV Jammer out too while we're at it, since that's the only perk 2 people would pick with SP and Jugg out if the game.

The only balance changes I could make in good conscience would be nerfing 3x Frag to 2x Frag and adding in Flak Jacket somewhere in the perk list. SP and Jugg cancel each other and keep UAV Jammer in check, and Martyrdom/Last Stand are rarely effective against good players (while also depriving you of Dead Silence, which is pretty fuckin' important).

Game is fine enough as is, and most of the stuff mentioned wouldn't even be on my hit list if I was given free reign to change things up.

I think the most ideal thing would be removing juggernaut in place of flak jacket, and either reducing stopping power to 20%, or removing bullet penetration reduction

I recall cod4 maps having a lot of good penetration spots

Cake Boss

Banned

Yeah no, still playing COD4 on PC now and its still the best COD game ever made.

Daffy Duck

What with the changes since COD XP it's sounding good (no pun intended) what does have a little apprehensive though is this talk I keep hearing of them adding things in December that they cannot talk about...

This being Activision and all makes me worried the greed will get the better of them and they will screw this up somehow with supply drops/some other aggressive MCT grab.

etta

my hard graphic balls
http://charlieintel.com/2016/09/15/...r-have-been-updated-to-better-match-original/

Gun sounds are changing, also the headshot and melee symbols are going back to the originals. Raven seems to be really good at listening to feeback.

Great news!
I wasn't bothered by them but this is really nice to see, Raven listening to and implementing feedback. If they keep their word for solid post-launch support, which seems so at the moment, this game will be incredible for years and years to come.

deadlast

I more excited for this game than any other. I am going to pre-order. But I'm not sure if I should go legacy digital or digital deluxe. GAF help me decide.

HiiiLife

What with the changes since COD XP it's sounding good (no pun intended) what does have a little apprehensive though is this talk I keep hearing of them adding things in December that they cannot talk about...

This being Activision and all makes me worried the greed will get the better of them and they will screw this up somehow with supply drops/some other aggressive MCT grab.

You know it's gonna happen.

Top Bottom