• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts online multiplayer discussion thread

kilongs

Unlocking definitely sucks right now. I have yet to unlock a sniper, shotgun, lmg, and so far only have 1 ar, 1smg, and 1 marksmen. Level 11. I wish the first gun unlocks for each category were just available immediately so you could just play around with them and figure out what works best.

And can someone tell me what the point of the canister bomb is? Based on the description I thought it was going to be like the gas grenade in BLOPS. But instead its like an explosive that you can BARELY through and takes a long time to release...

From what I've seen, its not meant to be thrown very far as its a large explosive. When you fully charge it, it will detonate like 9 times over a decent amount of area/space.

Toa TAK

Banned
I thought I'd be a blonde woman forever until I realizd you can customize :p

I ended up making an avatar of my wife. Its fun headshotting people with an asian woman :p There's a few outfits to mix and match, sadly no pink to troll others like I did in Halo. But you have to unlock the uniforms. I'd say its decent, at least in terms of COD or BF where you're stuck with the same 4 models by class.
Oh man, I hated seeing people like you. Usually meant getting my ass kicked. :p

Asian woman, huh? Looks like I'm not limited to being a white guy or a black guy for once.

Off the top of my head:
-Helmet
-Body (Uniform)
-Camo

Aside from gender, each of those customizations have a long list of available options to choose from.

Edit: oh yeah, and like Chojin said, you have to unlock a lot of the available options in each category.
This is good, really good for COD.

Come on the 22nd.

RedAssedApe

Banned
In my experience I found that instead of unlocking weapons and attatchments, its better to unlock squad mates and experiment from there. It's only 3 squad points to unlock another squad mate initially, at least its 3 for the first thre squad members, from there you can pick a class that has certain weaponis unlocked already. It seems you always have the first AR and SMG unlocked but you can start off with a new class with weapons. This allows you to experiment more. Its spreading it around a bit but its a lot easier to unlock a dude with 1 set of weapons than to spend 3 times the amount to unlock one weapon for your "main".

Since rank only unlocks perks it kind of evens it out on the overall scheme of things.

Oh and in the long run its better for the squad mode because you'll have a more diversified squad when other squads come battle your pokemons when you're offline.

Thanks for the tip. Did not realize it worked like this.

From what I've seen, its not meant to be thrown very far as its a large explosive. When you fully charge it, it will detonate like 9 times over a decent amount of area/space.

You can charge it? smh. Is that in the description? I just thought it was just like cooking a grenade lol. I guess its like shorter range C4 that auto-detonates over a larger area? Interesting. Not sure how useful it would be in TDM.

I miss UAVs. I feel like I never have any idea where the other team is...until, of course, they're shooting me in the back. I keep getting SAT Coms but they seem to do nothing.

Plus one of the ways I made myself useful was shooting down any and everything in the sky. Now I'm less useful :-/

RedAssedApe

Banned
I miss UAVs. I feel like I never have any idea where the other team is...until, of course, they're shooting me in the back. I keep getting SAT Coms but they seem to do nothing.

Plus one of the ways I made myself useful was shooting down any and everything in the sky. Now I'm less useful :-/

If you're playing with a team, you should coordinate so that you all place your sat-coms at once as you can stack them to get the old UAV effect. TBH I find the dead silence and footsteps perks to be way more useful anyways. if you don't see a blue arrow teammate around you and you hear footsteps then you KNOW for sure an enemy is lurking around.

Yeah, playing by yourself, SAT Coms are almost useless. Sucks that they took UAVs out. Was fun to shoot them down, too.

Where can I change my emblem and player card. Picked both for my first char last night but can't find where to chanfe it now. Or are they permanent on ecery squad member?

Customize Character->Patch & Background

Got a question, how much variety is there in the character customization.

8 Male heads, each with a camo variant
6~ Female heads, each with a camo variant
2~Clan reward heads each

about 25 headgears
and at least 20+ uniforms.(2 extra from clan rewards)

Player emblems are also added to characters as patches.

Also pretty crazy but each head has its own voice(black head sounds like a black guy, asian girl has an appropriate voice, etc).

In my experience I found that instead of unlocking weapons and attatchments, its better to unlock squad mates and experiment from there. It's only 3 squad points to unlock another squad mate initially, at least its 3 for the first thre squad members, from there you can pick a class that has certain weaponis unlocked already. It seems you always have the first AR and SMG unlocked but you can start off with a new class with weapons. This allows you to experiment more. Its spreading it around a bit but its a lot easier to unlock a dude with 1 set of weapons than to spend 3 times the amount to unlock one weapon for your "main".

Since rank only unlocks perks it kind of evens it out on the overall scheme of things.

Oh and in the long run its better for the squad mode because you'll have a more diversified squad when other squads come battle your pokemons when you're offline.

I don't understand. When you unlock a new squad person, do they start off with the same three loadouts that your first person does? or you get one AR, one SMG, and then something new?

--

kilongs said:

The cannister explosive detonates 9 times? Are you confusing it with the 9-Bang tactical?

--

Waylon Drums said:

I used to always be the guy on my team with the lock-on rockets. I still look to the sky when I hear "Enemy Sat Com". Ha.

I like the new Sat Coms so far though. What I do is that I wait to hear that there's a friendly Sat Com put down before I put mine down. That guarantees us a classic UAV sweep, instead of the Tier 1 Sat Com effect.

kilongs

Thanks for the tip. Did not realize it worked like this.

You can charge it? smh. Is that in the description? I just thought it was just like cooking a grenade lol. I guess its like shorter range C4 that auto-detonates over a larger area? Interesting. Not sure how useful it would be in TDM.

Oops, sorry I think I confused the cannister bomb and the 9-bang grenade.

Chojin

That's the trade off for me, I loved being a flyswatter. I like contributing to the team. I tend to play support a lot because a lot of the assault streaks don't erally seem to add much to the kill count. Survivability is much more useful. I really wish scorestreaking became the defacto at least for support streaks because I like to contribute more than a K/D.

Ammo streak can seem kind of bleh sometimes, but once in a while you'll get some decent weapons for your bros. Though the chaingun seems to be useless, the accuracy is for shit and since the lethality of bullets are already high as it is you just become a sitting duck when using it. I'll probably switch to vests but I don't see them working all to great at least compared to Blops 2.

I'm not really sure what to think of the new streaks, I like how its not Call of Airstikes anymore, but there's nothing that really grabs at me as being super useful. Oracle I wish highlighted even when not around a wall, but I guess that could get confusing too, it just seems disorienting and I need more practice with it. I'll definitely have to play around with the killstreaks a lot more.

Bigger maps means running around gunning everyone down ala BLops2 doesn't always work best. Its still fast but its a tad bit slower and event hough things like Leaning seem useless, its something to try out. I'm going to try to do more leaning and covering fire this time, I'll probably get shot to shit but I feel like we got a bunch of toys to play with but we're so used to previous incarnations that we get frustrated that they "took our toys" away instead of realizing there's new toys to enjoy :)

I don't understand. When you unlock a new squad person, do they start off with the same three loadouts that your first person does? or you get one AR, one SMG, and then something new?

When you pick a class for the newly unlocked squad member it comes with a set of weapons for that class. For example if you pick the spec ops you get a honey badger unlocked. If you pick Sniper you get a the MR-23 unlocked. Each class has a set of weapons you can unlock. I've only unlocked spec ops and sniper so maybe the SMG and AR are different in the loadouts than the other. I'll try unlocking another today when I get home from work.

Like even your equipment changes. I got concussion and frag with spec ops, but with sniper I got prox mines and IED unnockd. The perks seemed to be the same perks unlocked as those are ranked based.

ha

RedAssedApe

Banned
Running around the map as the maniac is fun. Although you die pretty quickly. I thought I was like a juggernaut. Ran toward a guy from all the way across the map and just got killed with a few head shots lol

When you pick a class for the newly unlocked squad member it comes with a set of weapons for that class. For example if you pick the spec ops you get a honey badger unlocked. If you pick Sniper you get a the MR-23 unlocked. Each class has a set of weapons you can unlock. I've only unlocked spec ops and sniper so maybe the SMG and AR are different in the loadouts than the other. I'll try unlocking another today when I get home from work.

Like even your equipment changes. I got concussion and frag with spec ops, but with sniper I got prox mines and IED unnockd. The perks seemed to be the same perks unlocked as those are ranked based.

Ah. Interesting. Yeah, it seems like a balance between doing that and trying to unlock everything for a "main" player.

Man.... I just wish everything cost 1 point only. That'd make this bearable.

Ok so I decided to start running and gunning with SMGs,
doing so much better that way.

I have gotten the Heli Sniper every single match, god I love that thing.

Running around the map as the maniac is fun. Although you die pretty quickly. I thought I was like a juggernaut. Ran toward a guy from all the way across the map and just got killed with a few head shots lol

A dog killed me in 1 hit.

Toa TAK

Banned
Customize Character->Patch & Background

8 Male heads, each with a camo variant
6~ Female heads, each with a camo variant
2~Clan reward heads each

about 25 headgears
and at least 20+ uniforms.(2 extra from clan rewards)

Player emblems are also added to characters as patches.

Also pretty crazy but each head has its own voice(black head sounds like a black guy, asian girl has an appropriate voice, etc).
Haha, that's pretty sweet. Loving the attention to detail there.

Headgears include helmets, right?

Enordash

It seems that the most effective way to get squad points quickly is to focus on the challenges. You get bonus points for completing multiples within the time frame.

I'm thinking about running something like this for crazy MW2 style shenanigans:

SMG - Silencer - Steady Aim - Ready Up - Sleight of Hand - On The Go - Marathon - Dead Silence

Haha, that's pretty sweet. Loving the attention to detail there.

Headgears include helmets, right?

hats, helmets and headsets.

the MW2 Ghost is counted as a head, same for the season pass character I think.

there is also some missing headgear that was there in previews(generic skull mask, etc)

Sorry, I apologize. I jumped to a conclusion and assumed you were doing something else. That's my bad.

Adding to that.. I wonder if they should've let you dive for a few seconds and shoot those that swim by... that would've added a different dynamic.
No worries!

The flood map, I could've sworn the water rises gradually. Need to play it again. I think I died in the water and it was a suicide! Kind of stupid.

Love Squads - it's the best bot mode ever.

Blitz is my favorite new mode. It does feel like a sport.

Maps are big but I think it will take a few weeks before I really know how I feel about them. Should allow for more varied play styles.

I love the mantling and sliding- running around is a lot more fluid. Haven't used contextual lean yet.

Loving the game other than it being pretty low rez on PS3. Looking forward to the PS4 upgrade next week.

Parablank

Main things I hate right now:

- PC optimization is shit, but hopefully they'll fix it up soon
- The players have too little health or the guns deal too much damage
- Dogs are OP and have more health than humans???

Other than that things are pretty great. Map design is probably the best we've had since BO1, and now we can actually use assault rifles. All the weapons are amazing and none of them feel under or overpowered. The animations in this game are most definitely the best in the series. Squads is really fun to see all your little soldiers kill the other team

Certainly not the worst CoD by far (but maybe this is just the honeymoon period hahaha)

RedAssedApe

Banned
yeah dogs seem to warp onto you. if the dog is running toward you straight on they should have some kind of mechanic in there where you can knife counter or something like in campaign cod4.

Chojin

Ah. Interesting. Yeah, it seems like a balance between doing that and trying to unlock everything for a "main" player.

Man.... I just wish everything cost 1 point only. That'd make this bearable.

It can be frustrating at first if you're used to previous systems, take Blops2, where they had the token system. And I will admit it seems to be a Time Sink, take Operations for example. You get 5 ops to complete and two weeks till they rotate or you can spend a squad point to "reroll" your ops to finish, but in my experience it seems to balance out as you're not longer locked out due to rank. Lke in Blops3 if you wanted the Br-23 or whatever, the burst fire pistol you had to be certain level regardless of all the unlock tokens you had in your pool. Now you can unlock whatever gun or mod you want regardless of your ranking.

Basically it looks like they're trying to dial back the whole mess/innovation that was COD4. In previous shooters you had your loadouts and you went with it. COD4 made it a game within a game to get you on that hamster wheel and unlock what you wanted. Each iteration of that built upon the ranking system. It made for lopsided games especially if one weapon was more OP than the other. Activision loves their money, so they arent' ever going to go back to a free loadout system, you gotta earn your fun, but at least this time you don't have to be say rank 34 to get that exact gun you wanted. Ranks are more meaningless this time aside from being able to rub it in other people's faces.

Though one criticism I do have is and I think it goes along with your gripes is that at least one weapon of each class should be unlocked and ready to go from the start. Technically that is the case with the squad system, but you stll need to earn squad points to unlock more squad members to in turn unlock those weapons. The trade off is I really want to remove that goddamn scope off my semi auto marksman, I can do so much earlier than have to "level" up my weapon to be able to earn the right to do so.

Squad points aren't really THAT hard to accumulate though, its not like getting one token per rank up. You get squad points from ranking up, but you also get them for completing field ops (much easier to do in squad mode) as well as diversifying your squad and not just concentrating on one "main" character. Remember, ranks don't mean as much aside from complementary perk unlocks, but again those can be unlocked with squad points as well.

As a total side bar I think there's been a lot of confusion and negative assumptions on the way the system works, but as a whole I like it because it ties into so many modes of play. Its like going from EQ to WoW. You don't have to be a hardcore 40 man raider to unlock your fun like you did in EQ, you can stil play at your leisure and enjoy enough content. It's pretty much the very first thing that Ghosts asks you when you enter multiplayer that we all ignored because "GOTTA RANK UP AND GET DEM KILLS". It says right there "yes or no" maybe you should check out the squad system first. The game is encouraging you to explore it.

Don't forget while if while you are offline you can be "challenged" by some other squad and earn xp and squad points that way as well. You can make it go faster by challenging your friends squads directly too.

Ambient80

I'm sort of confused about satcom. Is it basically a UAV on the ground? I swear even with two or three of them out I barely see a radar ping the entire time. Am I dumb and just using it wrong?

Also I really hope they launch dedicated servers soon. I haven't had lag too badly yet, but it was one of the main reasons I decided to get Ghosts. BO2 was awful with lag and changing hosts, and as much sd I enjoy the game play I didn't want to support the lack of dedis again.

Moofers

Is there a GAF clan? I made a clan of my own on PS3, but surprisingly half my friends went with BF4 so our roster is pretty thin. Thinking about joining the GAF clan if there is one.

It can be frustrating at first if you're used to previous systems, take Blops2, where they had the token system. And I will admit it seems to be a Time Sink, take Operations for example. You get 5 ops to complete and two weeks till they rotate or you can spend a squad point to "reroll" your ops to finish, but in my experience it seems to balance out as you're not longer locked out due to rank. Lke in Blops3 if you wanted the Br-23 or whatever, the burst fire pistol you had to be certain level regardless of all the unlock tokens you had in your pool. Now you can unlock whatever gun or mod you want regardless of your ranking.

Basically it looks like they're trying to dial back the whole mess/innovation that was COD4. In previous shooters you had your loadouts and you went with it. COD4 made it a game within a game to get you on that hamster wheel and unlock what you wanted. Each iteration of that built upon the ranking system. It made for lopsided games especially if one weapon was more OP than the other. Activision loves their money, so they arent' ever going to go back to a free loadout system, you gotta earn your fun, but at least this time you don't have to be say rank 34 to get that exact gun you wanted. Ranks are more meaningless this time aside from being able to rub it in other people's faces.

Though one criticism I do have is and I think it goes along with your gripes is that at least one weapon of each class should be unlocked and ready to go from the start. Technically that is the case with the squad system, but you stll need to earn squad points to unlock more squad members to in turn unlock those weapons. The trade off is I really want to remove that goddamn scope off my semi auto marksman, I can do so much earlier than have to "level" up my weapon to be able to earn the right to do so.

Squad points aren't really THAT hard to accumulate though, its not like getting one token per rank up. You get squad points from ranking up, but you also get them for completing field ops (much easier to do in squad mode) as well as diversifying your squad and not just concentrating on one "main" character. Remember, ranks don't mean as much aside from complementary perk unlocks, but again those can be unlocked with squad points as well.

As a total side bar I think there's been a lot of confusion and negative assumptions on the way the system works, but as a whole I like it because it ties into so many modes of play. Its like going from EQ to WoW. You don't have to be a hardcore 40 man raider to unlock your fun like you did in EQ, you can stil play at your leisure and enjoy enough content. It's pretty much the very first thing that Ghosts asks you when you enter multiplayer that we all ignored because "GOTTA RANK UP AND GET DEM KILLS". It says right there "yes or no" maybe you should check out the squad system first. The game is encouraging you to explore it.

Don't forget while if while you are offline you can be "challenged" by some other squad and earn xp and squad points that way as well. You can make it go faster by challenging your friends squads directly too.

Personally, I don't like being forced into playing a way I wouldn't want to. As much as I loved Black Ops 1, the Pro Perk requirements were obnoxious. I hate Capture the Flag, but had to play it to get certain Pro Perks to use in other game modes.

Similarly, if I don't want to play squads or I don't want to do arbitrary objectives, I just don't believe it's good game design to force me to do those things just so I can put a scope on my LMG. I mean, I get that they want people to play this stuff that they bothered to create and jump through hoops, but if it's not fun, I'm not going to do it.

You're right that one "advantage" over previous systems is that you can do things before you would've been able to because rank doesn't matter. But it's only an advantage because of the restrictions of previous systems. There's no reason you can't have a quick accumulation of points and the ability to unlock stuff at any rank you want.

I know you say that squad points aren't that hard to get, but I feel they are. I don't believe it's fun or exciting to put hours and hours into a game only to be locked out of tons of content that's just sitting there. I have four hours clocked and I have four guns to play with. It gets worse if I want to use them well with attachments.

Honestly, it feels like they're just prepping the next step: to charge real money to get around their harsh arbitrary restrictions.

Does Search and Destroy ever unlock at higher levels? Search and Rescue is alright, but I've been playing S&D only since COD 4. I know you can play it in private, but why is it not already a public playlist?

Does Search and Destroy ever unlock at higher levels? Search and Rescue is alright, but I've been playing S&D only since COD 4. I know you can play it in private, but why is it not already a public playlist?

There is no Search & Destroy. (Which is ridiculous because it's the only fun game-mode)

Chojin

Personally, I don't like being forced into playing a way I wouldn't want to. As much as I loved Black Ops 1, the Pro Perk requirements were obnoxious. I hate Capture the Flag, but had to play it to get certain Pro Perks to use in other game modes.

Similarly, if I don't want to play squads or I don't want to do arbitrary objectives, I just don't believe it's good game design to force me to do those things just so I can put a scope on my LMG. I mean, I get that they want people to play this stuff that they bothered to create and jump through hoops, but if it's not fun, I'm not going to do it.

You're right that one "advantage" over previous systems is that you can do things before you would've been able to because rank doesn't matter. But it's only an advantage because of the restrictions of previous systems. There's no reason you can't have a quick accumulation of points and the ability to unlock stuff at any rank you want.

I know you say that squad points aren't that hard to get, but I feel they are. I don't believe it's fun or exciting to put hours and hours into a game only to be locked out of tons of content that's just sitting there. I have four hours clocked and I have four guns to play with. It gets worse if I want to use them well with attachments.

Honestly, it feels like they're just prepping the next step: to charge real money to get around their harsh arbitrary restrictions.

Well the good thing is there's no more pro perks, at least I can't see. The only ops unlocks you get are for clothing items and the ghillie suit. And yeah I can see Activision using this as a means test to say "Hey what are people willing to put up with before we start charging for this stuff in game" but I think that would totally be the last dying gasp of COD and even though people are pooping on the sales, we're nowhere near where it was with plastic skate boards and tony hawk.

Try out the squad system, you can even make all your dudes look the same and name them to the same name :p Use the initial 3 points to unlock the gun you want rather than spending 7 to 9 points and you'll have enough to get the attatchments. Perks on the other hand, you'll have to hamster wheel for it or get more points.

If you're really resistant squad mode you don't really have to actively participate in it. You can just look at your squad reports and see if you got a few more squad points. The better you rank up your "main" the better the odds your squad will get a winning record thus more xp. Its yet another time sync, but can't possibly be any longer than going from rank 1 to 50 (or whatever the cap is in this one). Then again I don't tend to max out and prestige within the first week of COD releases :p

Also don't we have Double Xp right now from buying or preordering the game? Don't forget to put your code in :p

Also to add to what you were saying about having to do arbitrary things, its pretty much the same thing as previous games. You had to rack x amount of kills to unlock x y and z, it was just tied to rank. They're never going to get rid of the time sink, however at least this time I can skip over red dot and go holo if I want instead of having to kill yet another x amount of dudes.

I think its a feeling of perception, which IS very important. It may take the same amount of time, but it "feels" longer because of the way the point system is designated. And even that perception can make or break an experience regardless of the illusion on a whole :) I think we just see it in different lights is all.

The thing is, in the end, we'll have what we want unlocked and we'll be fine with it. Also, I'm not high enough level yet, but its possible that you get more squad points as you level up. I'm not sure if its just one point per rank, because 50 points to rank 50 would be paltry. Its possible you get more as you go, I mean for crying out loud to unlock the last squad member you need 400 points.

Also, come to think of it, speaking of killing x amount of dudes. this is the first COD I played where I'm not exclusively killing BROWN DUDES all the time or being the Brown dude getting killed all the time because of the character customizations. I REALLY, REALLY like that.

TRios Zen

Feels a little less weighty to me maybe - not sure how to describe it. The few guns I have used feel and sound good, but the knife is missing something...it just doesn't feel right.

Not currently a fan of the unlock system and gaining levels does seem pretty slow. But I'm willing to give that more time before I write it off. Still frustrated by the discrepancy in kill-cam versus what I'm seeing, but hope that is somewhat mitigated by upcoming dedis.

All in all it's a mixed bag of fun and wait-and-see for me.

Toa TAK

Banned
hats, helmets and headsets.

the MW2 Ghost is counted as a head, same for the season pass character I think.

there is also some missing headgear that was there in previews(generic skull mask, etc)

I'm personally okay with no skull mask. Those things looks cheesy on anyone who isn't Ghost in this series.

Chojin

How does squads work when you are offline? Do you just log back in and get a AAR or something?

I'm not sure 100 percent because I played the game literally all day yesterday, but I've been offline since midnight and I'll be home from work in 45 minutes, I'll check my squad report and see what is in there.

I'm assuming, based on how I played against other squads is that while you're offline your squad can be matched up with another person playing against your squad, he's one live person with 5 other bots fighting your six bots. Your loadouts and perks are how you have your squads. You get xp and squad points based on the results. I don't know if you get points for losing or winning.

I think with the app you can have a bit more "offline control" but I don't have an ios device and yeah...

+Larger maps, lots of breathing room.
+Sliding is cool.
+LEANING!!!!!
+worked on the first day
+lag comp seems to work better

-15 second round start timer on some mode, wtf.

I know its early for most, but does anybody know what happens when you prestige? like what carries over and what resets? I liked mw3s system being able to unlock a perk or weapon forever.

Chojin

I know its early for most, but does anybody know what happens when you prestige? like what carries over and what resets? I liked mw3s system being able to unlock a perk or weapon forever.

Squads replaces the prestige mode. Once you rank up your character to max, you can unlock another character and max them out. Or you can unlock a character early or middle or late as you want and max them out as well. I think for maxing out a level you get an icon or something, but thats really it. Though i suppose there may be a prestige token like unlock where if you max out a character you can "forever unlock" soemthing of your choice for the rest of your squad. I haven't looked too much into it.

Toa TAK

Banned
Squads replaces the prestige mode. Once you rank up your character to max, you can unlock another character and max them out. Or you can unlock a character early or middle or late as you want and max them out as well. I think for maxing out a level you get an icon or something, but thats really it. Though i suppose there may be a prestige token like unlock where if you max out a character you can "forever unlock" soemthing of your choice for the rest of your squad. I haven't looked too much into it.

I think I might actually prefer that over Prestige. You're not really losing anything, but gaining another character? Sounds good.

Chojin

I think I might actually prefer that over Prestige. You're not really losing anything, but gaining another character? Sounds good.

Exactly, you'll always have your OG character to screw around with while you level up your other ones. Its not like before when you had that insane uphill to quickly rank up again just to back where you were before. :p Now you can feel how Altaholics in WoW feel ;D Though less twinking I guess.

Edit, come to think about it, I could still twink by using my "mains" squad points on my twinks as well. WOO HOO!

In my case as a self admitted Altaholic, I'll probably take forever to max out my "main" because I'll be playing and dicking around with so many squad members. Overall we'll be lower "level" as an average, but I might have the leg up on other squad players if they stick to one high main and a bunch of rank 1 locked Noob Saibots.

Edit Edit: doing some reading instead of work (I got fifteen minutes!) I'm seeing on some non filtered sites that you can prestige once per squad member. So if you really want that uphill climb back to max level you are able to. I would assume then you get a permanent prestige unlock in addition, but I'm not holding my breath.

Toa TAK

Banned
Exactly, you'll always have your OG character to screw around with while you level up your other ones. Its not like before when you had that insane uphill to quickly rank up again just to back where you were before. :p Now you can feel how Altaholics in WoW feel ;D Though less twinking I guess.

In my case as a self admitted Altaholic, I'll probably take forever to max out my "main" because I'll be playing and dicking around with so many squad members. Overall we'll be lower "level" as an average, but I might have the leg up on other squad players if they stick to one high main and a bunch of rank 1 locked Noob Saibots.

That's what I was thinking. I'd rather have a diverse group instead of only one powerhouse soldier.

I can feel multiplayer's addiction already.

I'm personally okay with no skull mask. Those things looks cheesy on anyone who isn't Ghost in this series.
Well they have Ghost's and "Team Leader", and the 1st Clan head you get is a red and black skull balaclava.

Previews showed a generic skull mask, Kojak's mask and Hesh's skull face paint
figured they would be from completing the campaign but they weren't.

Ensoul

This has been my experience online today.

Walk around, walk around, walk around, walk around, walk around, walk around, walk around, walk around, walk around, run, run,run,run,run,run,run,run, walk around walk around walk around walk around.

Nice! After walking around for 2 minutes I finally see an enemy! I'm just going to aim down my sites pull the trigger. BAM BAM.

WTF? I died? Yup, I was shot in the back, again. After walking around for 2 minutes and not seeing a soul I somehow I was shot in the back for the 5th this this match when I am ready to light someone up.

cresto

Considering how blah the game looks, it boggles my mind how they can't support an addition 6 plays on the map and retain the holy grail that has somehow become 60 FPS (why is this such a big deal?)

Rizsparky

Walk around, walk around, walk around, walk around, walk around, walk around, walk around, walk around, walk around, run, run,run,run,run,run,run,run, walk around walk around walk around walk around.

Nice! After walking around for 2 minutes I finally see an enemy! I'm just going to aim down my sites pull the trigger. BAM BAM.

WTF? I died? Yup, I was shot in the back, again. After walking around for 2 minutes and not seeing a soul I somehow I was shot in the back for the 5th this this match when I am ready to light someone up.

Sounds like you need to watch your back a bit more, i usually stick to walls as much as I can to stop getting shot from behind.

Moofers

The lag is starting to get pretty frustrating for me. I can't even play a game of Squad Assault without getting lag. Its nuts! Its practically an offline game mode for crying out loud.

Extinction is fun but is nearly unplayable with the lag I'm getting. I really want to get into it, but the stuttering and slideshows is driving me up the damn wall.

Is there anything I can do on my end for a better experience? I don't really have this issue with other games. Well, Halo 4 but that's another story. My NAT type is "moderate" and I'm playing on PS3. Are these just server related issues?

Hoodbury

In any Cod, if I find myself walking around for too long I turn around and go the other way, the spawns probably have flipped.

Ensoul

In any Cod, if I find myself walking around for too long I turn around and go the other way, the spawns probably have flipped.

I cannot quite figure out the spans yet. Seems like people keep getting spawned behind me. I try to stay along the edge of the maps. You go in the center its just open season on you.

Fantasmo

I'm really not sure what's up with American PC players. And I don't just mean the US I mean the entirety of America (North/South whatever). They only play 6v6 and always have, whereas the best that these games have to offer is in 9v9. It always has been the best except maybe BO2 since the maps were small.

But now especially, playing 6v6 doesn't make any sense at all. In fact I'd go so far as to say it shouldn't be in the game.

So why then, does America have zero Ground War games for the third year straight? Anytime I get into a game, which is extremely rare once again, it's European players which means major lag.

Baffling.

I might just sell my PC and go PS4. CoD is my favorite go-to game so there's almost no point in keeping a PC really.

Top Bottom