• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts online multiplayer discussion thread

RedAssedApe

Banned
is there a faq online that outlines stuff in multiplayer?

i had no idea the briefcase challenge thing was for care packages. i thought it was for extra xp so i never tried to do them lol

btw for you 360/PS3 players, 9v9 is awesome. Although I think 8v8 would hit the sweet spot.

screw you lol...but yeah these maps really seemed designed for larger teams :\

Radec

Well posts in this thread seems much better than those from the OT. lol

Anyway, i thought this game has dedicated server? My friend told me he experienced host migration earlier.

Im still not convinced in buying this game though, until they bring back ground war.
Thats my favorite mode and what keeps me playing CoDs. :/

Moofers

Bumped for the new page and because its driving me nuts:

The lag is starting to get pretty frustrating for me. I can't even play a game of Squad Assault without getting lag. Its nuts! Its practically an offline game mode for crying out loud.

Extinction is fun but is nearly unplayable with the lag I'm getting. I really want to get into it, but the stuttering and slideshows is driving me up the damn wall.

Is there anything I can do on my end for a better experience? I don't really have this issue with other games. Well, Halo 4 but that's another story. My NAT type is "moderate" and I'm playing on PS3. Are these just server related issues?

ALSO

Is there a GAF clan? I have one that I made but not all of my friends ended up getting Ghosts, so our roster is pretty thin. I'd love to join a GAF clan, or invite some of you into mine.

Hoodbury

Bumped for the new page and because its driving me nuts:

The lag is starting to get pretty frustrating for me. I can't even play a game of Squad Assault without getting lag. Its nuts! Its practically an offline game mode for crying out loud.

Extinction is fun but is nearly unplayable with the lag I'm getting. I really want to get into it, but the stuttering and slideshows is driving me up the damn wall.

Is there anything I can do on my end for a better experience? I don't really have this issue with other games. Well, Halo 4 but that's another story. My NAT type is "moderate" and I'm playing on PS3. Are these just server related issues?

ALSO

Is there a GAF clan? I have one that I made but not all of my friends ended up getting Ghosts, so our roster is pretty thin. I'd love to join a GAF clan, or invite some of you into mine.
Are you sure you're describing lag and not framerate drops? I don't get how you could have lag in offline squad mode. I got some framerate drops on a couple maps in multiplayer but nothing too bad. I haven't had any lag yet though. I play on Wii-U though.

If you really think it's online lag, when's the last time you checked your router for a firmware update? Or reset the cache on it by unplugging it for a few minutes?

Have you done portforwarding for CoD?

mf.luder

This is personal preference but I love small maps. To me, the maps in Ghosts seem to be primarily large. Stonehenge, or whatever it's called, is a nightmare. I can't snipe worth shit so I rely on my up close fire bang bang.

It just seems that every time I kill someone, I get killed right after (HC KC).

SpecDotSign

Unconfirmed Member
Overall though, what are your guys' opinion on multilayer this time around? I loved Blops 2 multiplayer, despite the horrible lag compensation, and from what I've played of Ghosts it's not bad so far.

Fucking lag. I wish I was playing the game that I keep seeing on the fucking killcam because that one looks like fun. The one I'm playing has bullets that apparently don't count.

/whine

Fantasmo

So who on PC wants to party up?
I can add some of you, but I'm looking for people who actually want to play as a team, and if you have, use the open voice chat.

Anyone else want an actual team?

Hc is pretty good when you play as a team. Also I think I've played every map except free fall. Only one I don't like is the robot factory one. Game is confusing but it's pretty good. Better than mw3 for sure.

Moofers

Are you sure you're describing lag and not framerate drops? I don't get how you could have lag in offline squad mode. I got some framerate drops on a couple maps in multiplayer but nothing too bad. I haven't had any lag yet though. I play on Wii-U though.

If you really think it's online lag, when's the last time you checked your router for a firmware update? Or reset the cache on it by unplugging it for a few minutes?

Have you done portforwarding for CoD?
Haven't done any of that and I don't know what portforwarding is. And squad assault is still an online mode. I said it's practically offline since it's just you vs AI, but I know it has to hold a connection to the cod servers because it wants to upload all your squads stats post game.

Are squad members just like, new prestige-type guys? Level 1, etc. It seems confusing.

Honestly, im so confused in this game its not even funny. I lost patience within 5 minutes of trying to set up a class and just jumped into a game without setting anything. Game is definitely a step back from BO2, even visually. Lack of polish too. Maps so far are meh. Really not impressed and im one of those who enjoy them every year.

Magik

Overall though, what are your guys' opinion on multilayer this time around? I loved Blops 2 multiplayer, despite the horrible lag compensation, and from what I've played of Ghosts it's not bad so far.

Its a mixed bag at the moment.

On one had, the lack of Air Support in the air and random shit is great as it forces a lot more gun on gun gameplay which is great. On the other hand, the map design is really poor as they are really big and very plain and generic looking. Not to mention how bland the color palette is.

I'm on the PS3 and the visual quality this time around is very poor. MW2 looks better in comparison.

Calibur

I keep seeing streams of the PS4 which looks quite sharp, are there any good streams for PS3 version, do the graphics look less blurry than MW3 and BlackOps on the PS3??

Revson

Damn, these maps are awful. The base gameplay feels great, but I just can't get over how bad the maps and spawns are.

I keep seeing streams of the PS4 which looks quite sharp, are there any good streams for PS3 version, do the graphics look less blurry than MW3 and BlackOps on the PS3??

Well, Its blurry on 360. Seems like a new end of generation effect theyre adding. Even BF4 has it.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Damn, these maps are awful. The base gameplay feels great, but I just can't get over how bad the maps and spawns are.

I think the majority of the maps are quite good. I can agree about the spawns though.

vilmer_

The game is currently listing 271280 players online for the PS3 version. Anyone have any PC/360 numbers for comparison sake?

I tried reading through this thread but I'm at work... Anyone know what triggers the map events? I was in the space station map and everything blew up and the map became filled with smoke. It was awesome.

(thank god for this thread BTW)

legacyzero

Banned
This game could be great for the multiplayer if they would just fix the damn thing!

-Add FOV slider
-Fix the hitching/stuttering (it's worse on some maps

blinkz

I cant even walk 2 feet forward without glitching 6 feet to my right, meanwhile the opponents seem to be playing on the equivalent to a LAN connection. Last night was fine for me minus a few slight hiccups but tonight after 3 games I'm ready to shut it all down.

Gorillaz

Mechanics and gunplay feel good its just everything else that's lacking. I agree with rhe notion that there budget is heavily limited compared to treyarch because it feels very lack luster even compared to MW3 and it seems like they tried to make it up through the squad stuff

...so. How do I set up my squads mode so others can challenge when I'm offline?

Also, I finished a game and it said "max squad XP earned" and none of my other soldiers show any XP gain. ...why?

Anyways. Kill times need to be fixed. SATCOMS should be buffed.

Maps are great.

Are we doing a GAF clan again? I have it set up. PM me your GT/PSN if you want in.

ShogunX

Anybody who has come directly from BLOPS2 enjoying this game? Three of my friends have already gone back to BLOPS 2 just because of the lack of any S+D and how much slower the game is.

Pretty sad to see a COD game in this state.

Sojgat

In terms of the MP, Ghosts is probably my favourite COD ever:

- Focus is on gunplay and not overpowered killstreaks.

- No one weapon seems really OP (yet).

- Maps are almost all great (and larger than usual).

- Knife has been nerfed by the new sticky animation. Now it's only used as a last resort weapon and there aren't a bunch of people running around just stabbing instead of shooting.

- New Sat Com system is great in how it encourages teammates working and sticking together.

- The lean is actually useful on smaller maps and in confined spaces.

- sliding looks cool...

It sucks that some modes have been removed, but I've been exclusively playing TDM and Domination, and having a great time. I loved Blops 2, however I've never enjoyed COD more than I have in the last few days.

Am I alone on this?

In terms of the MP, Ghosts is probably my favourite COD ever:

- Focus is on gunplay and not overpowered killstreaks.

- No one weapon seems really OP (yet).

- Maps are almost all great (and larger than usual).

- Knife has been nerfed by the new sticky animation. Now it's only used as a last resort weapon and there aren't a bunch of people running around just stabbing instead of shooting.

- New Sat Com system is great in how it encourages teamates working and sticking together.

- The lean is actually useful on smaller maps and in confined spaces.

- sliding looks cool...

It sucks that some modes have been removed, but I've been exclusively playing TDM and Domination, and having a great time. I loved Blops 2, however I've never enjoyed COD more than I have in the last few days.

Am I alone on this?
Haven't tried it yet (waiting on PS4) but all that stuff sounds pretty awesome.

Kacar

Does anyone else think that the dogs are kinda stupid?

Would of made more sense if the dog jumled on top of you but your teamates had a chance to save you.

Not die instantly to a flying paw fist.

Does anyone else think that the dogs are kinda stupid?

Would of made more sense if the dog jumled on top of you but your teamates had a chance to save you.

Not die instantly to a flying paw fist.

They take a shiteload of bullets to kill, too. I was shooting one in the face as it came up to kill me and it didn't even slow down.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
In either my first or second match I got a KEM Strike for completing a field order. I forget which map it was, but it was completely different after the strike.

Apologies if this has been answered, but so I need to buy more squad members to play the squad stuff?

For example, if I bought another squad member, would that join me in Safegaurd?

Also, I'm not sure if you guys have to deal with this on the other consoles, but quickscoping is effective as ever when you put an ACOG sight on a Sniper Rifle with the wiimote.

Top Bottom