• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III | Review Thread

Predict The Final Opencritic/MetaCritic Scores for MWIII

• 30-39%

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • 40-49%

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • 50-59%

Votes: 25 11.3%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 57 25.8%
  • 70-79%

Votes: 67 30.3%
  • 80-89%

Votes: 34 15.4%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 95-99%

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

//DEVIL//

I think it depends on gun/attachments because it doesn’t happen all the time for me, either that, or it’s bug
I know right ? sometimes I die as soon as I respawn because the gun is loading. not sure why 90% of the time I get the animation, sometimes I don't.

kurashu

Neo Member
I noticed that if you hold fire before spawning you spawn shooting and avoid the cocking animation. The downside you spawn shooting and reveal yourself...

baphomet

Has anyone else seen a giant skeleton/skull in the background of shipment?

I assumed it was something to do with the Christmas thing going on, but I haven't seen it except the one time.

Calverz

Gold Member
Yea. It’s there all the time no? I think it’s just to go with this whole zombie Christmas theme of the map.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Have they still not fixed the priceless/interstellar camo challenge for the stormender??
No but Ybarra THINKS it coming tomorrow along with Season 1 Reloaded stuff, he claims the new camo for the event is fire, not sure if he meant that literally or not :)

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Can you ask him what's happening with War mode? Has it been abandoned?
I will see if he can find out

A group of us will likely be watching the College Football Title game Monday if schedules align so wont talk to him until then.

Side note it seems he has something interesting to share and sadly I have no idea what it is atm or if its something I can even repeat

splattered

I didn't even know season reload 01 was coming tomorrow... 3 more maps? Sweet!

*Oh, read that wrong... 3 remade versions of current maps?

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I dont think season 1 reloaded is tomorrow. It would be getting heavy marketing on social media channels. Its just the end of the xmas events, start of new one and these 3 remade maps.
I just assumed it was Reloaded when he said new event tomorrow, guess its just that Vortex event

NickFire

I stopped buying battle pass early with MW2 and don't remember what reloaded means in a season. Will it expand the available battle pass rewards? I've been done with this season's pass for a while now.

Calverz

Gold Member
I stopped buying battle pass early with MW2 and don't remember what reloaded means in a season. Will it expand the available battle pass rewards? I've been done with this season's pass for a while now.
No. Generally it adds new maps, new guns and new events. Battle pass remains untouched.

twilo99

I think I'm finally getting the hang of the maps and unlike most of 2019, these maps actually allow for different set ups.. like I don't think there was a single map in 2019 that I felt like I needed a sniper, but here, there are at least a few.

These my current guns that I use for MP, the RAM7 is great fun and its one of the few guns that can be used with iron sights on m/k since you can actually see what you are shooting at.

Next, I need a shotgun but I'm not sure which one.. probably the Lockwood 680.

Those overpressured rounds on the basb are great against quick scope players because of the flinch

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I think I'm finally getting the hang of the maps and unlike most of 2019, these maps actually allow for different set ups.. like I don't think there was a single map in 2019 that I felt like I needed a sniper, but here, there are at least a few.

These my current guns that I use for MP, the RAM7 is great fun and its one of the few guns that can be used with iron sights on m/k since you can actually see what you are shooting at.

Next, I need a shotgun but I'm not sure which one.. probably the Lockwood 680.

Those overpressured rounds on the basb are great against quick scope players because of the flinch
Love the BAS and WSP as well with zero recoil builds

Best sniper for me is the Longbow with all fast ads build

My favorite shottie for Shipment anyhow is the Riveter with and with the incendiary shells just to piss people off

twilo99

Love the BAS and WSP as well with zero recoil builds

Best sniper for me is the Longbow with all fast ads build

My favorite shottie for Shipment anyhow is the Riveter with and with the incendiary shells just to piss people off

solid does of toxicity :messenger_beaming:

share longbow build please

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

bru8RCl.jpg

twilo99

alright HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 that thing looks crazy I will give it a go.. I've seen some of the quick builds but that looks different lol

Got to say despite some of the usual COD flaws, I think this is the best edition in ages. Warzone is in decent shape too.

Still playing daily.

ye I knew it was good after just a few games during the beta .. like you say, it needs some work, but very good overall

I really like Greece.. so many different routes to take considering how small it is

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
alright HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 that thing looks crazy I will give it a go.. I've seen some of the quick builds but that looks different lol

ye I knew it was good after just a few games during the beta .. like you say, it needs some work, but very good overall

I really like Greece.. so many different routes to take considering how small it is
Don't sleep on the LMGs especially for Shipment (though its leaving tomorrow) they can be lazer beams and throw a lot of lead down range fast

NickFire

Got to say despite some of the usual COD flaws, I think this is the best edition in ages. Warzone is in decent shape too.

Still playing daily.
Yup. Criticism for price is warranted since it is light on new stuff for people already into MW2. But cost aside this is a really good multiplayer game. And runs really smooth.

clarky

Gold Member
What happened to them re-intregrating the MWII maps? I know they had that play list for a brief while but thought they were going into regular hoppers. Apart from shipment they are all MIA for me.

twilo99

And runs really smooth.

I can’t figure out what they’ve done but I’m getting better frames in Warzone compared to the previous two maps with the same PC .. I think they lowered fidelity across the board, textures, etc. just so we can get better performance.

Multiplayer performance is also very good.

twilo99

This has to be a bug because sometimes you can see parts of the player model sticking out but I couldn’t really see anything here.. crazy

This is good to know..

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
I can’t figure out what they’ve done but I’m getting better frames in Warzone compared to the previous two maps with the same PC .. I think they lowered fidelity across the board, textures, etc. just so we can get better performance.

Multiplayer performance is also very good.
They fixed quite a few issues when the integrated Warzone (on PC at least). I was getting packet burst to the point of it being unplayable on the 4090 & 3070ti laptops, but they completely cleared that up thank god.

It runs completely stutter free now across all modes and plays really nice bar the (very)odd crash here and there.

TrebleShot

Game on PC is broken for Dualsense /Gyro players,
Latest steam update had some controller integration changes and it completely broke the gyro to joystick implementation.

Its now super stuttery and almost impossible to use, ADS jerks around when making fine adjustments.
Not sure what they did but I only really play with gyro on ADS so its actually better on PS5.

Real shame and doesn't seem to be any fixes.

//DEVIL//

Would love if you guys can share your fav builds for guns here. I do not play as much these days. So I am not dedicating lots of time on trail and error builds. would be great if you guys can share some some

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Would love if you guys can share your fav builds for guns here. I do not play as much these days. So I am not dedicating lots of time on trail and error builds. would be great if you guys can share some some
Those builds twilo99 twilo99 shared are a great starting point and just depends on what type of build you like.

I build most of mine out as pure laser beams with no recoil because I have actually been enjoying hardcore lately

Where is shipment?....why do they keep removing this map smh; guess I'm just playing zombies till shipment comes back.
I don't understand either why they keep removing Shipment playlist unless its because they know most people will just keep grinding that and not play much in shitty maps like Meat

Side note I think Meat has the worst spawn system off all the maps, can't tell how many times enemies have spawned directly behind me like this

twilo99

I build most of mine out as pure laser beams with no recoil because I have actually been enjoying hardcore lately

I've been enjoying your longbow build in HC quite a bit. Try these two, they work well on some of the maps I think

Is the katt the only "one shot" sniper in multiplayer without need a headshot?

//DEVIL// //DEVIL//

The ones I currently have are on the previous page but if you need something for Warzone I use these two with a swarm as secondary

I think I lot of people use the MTZ interceptor but I haven't used it

twilo99

If you don't have time to figure out meta guns, I really like this here, and the guy who build it seems like a chill dude so I support his work. The comparison tool is very good and its free

splattered

Those builds twilo99 twilo99 shared are a great starting point and just depends on what type of build you like.

I don't understand either why they keep removing Shipment playlist unless its because they know most people will just keep grinding that and not play much in shitty maps like Meat

Side note I think Meat has the worst spawn system off all the maps, can't tell how many times enemies have spawned directly behind me like this

Yeah reminds me of Shipment or Rust with the spawning right behind or beside you haha

On a side note, what is everyone using for their router?

I have a Netgear XR500 that is 5 years old now and i think i'm starting to have issues with it.

splattered

If you don't have time to figure out meta guns, I really like this here, and the guy who build it seems like a chill dude so I support his work. The comparison tool is very good and its free

That looks like a really cool tool/site... thanks for posting that.

I see you can build stuff out but does it already have suggested "meta" loadouts to try?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Yeah reminds me of Shipment or Rust with the spawning right behind or beside you haha

On a side note, what is everyone using for their router?

I have a Netgear XR500 that is 5 years old now and i think i'm starting to have issues with it.
Using a Asus Rog Rapture GTAXE16000 as my main router

//DEVIL//

this is what I want. no recoil and pure laser beams for hardcore as well. i do not play any other mode.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
this is what I want. no recoil and pure laser beams for hardcore as well. i do not play any other mode.
MCW not sure on my build not near my PS5 to check but with the detailed specs just pick everything to reduce recoil

The 3 shot burst rifle is actually my go to on HC

Side note the event is bugged, actually need 1.2 million XP for the silly camo

calistan

Gold Member
I just got kicked for inactivity - that's a first in CoD for me!

It was a hardcore FFA game, hadn't been going very long and I was still defending the room where I first spawned. Got four kills, somebody figured out where I was and started shooting rockets, so I moved to cover the door while waiting for him but then I was booted out. I was third in the leaderboard at that point.

If they expect people to keep running around in hardcore FFA on large maps, I think I'll have to take that mode off my playlist.

Top Bottom