• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

So my Mad Catz T2 arrived from NCIX...QUICKLY!

Props to NCIX for shipping this big boy to my door for less then $12.

More props for packaging. It already had the shipping box that the retail box ships in. They placed it in another box on top of that.

Got a chance to play it last night with some DOA and REALLY like the feel of it. Can't get over how big this thing is. Again, my last fight stick was for my SNES. So things...things have changed.

DJ_Lae

Helpful guy at Best Buy discounted the PS4 controller I had reserved in-store as they somehow ran out of white ones.

So $39.99 for a blue one. Wasn't my first choice of colour but hey, now my daughter can play Rocket League with me.

N° 2048

So my Mad Catz T2 arrived from NCIX...QUICKLY!

Props to NCIX for shipping this big boy to my door for less then $12.

More props for packaging. It already had the shipping box that the retail box ships in. They placed it in another box on top of that.

Got a chance to play it last night with some DOA and REALLY like the feel of it. Can't get over how big this thing is. Again, my last fight stick was for my SNES. So things...things have changed.

Yo, NCIX has some of the fastest/and well packaged shipping ever.

Magnus

Where do I buy functional lightning cables for use with iPhones and iPads for cheap? So afraid of buying the $5-10 ones online because half of them don't work - Apple devices block that shit and issue a warning saying that they require official cables.

I really don't wanna dump $40 on this (need two cables)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Where do I buy functional lightning cables for use with iPhones and iPads for cheap? So afraid of buying the $5-10 ones online because half of them don't work - Apple devices block that shit and issue a warning saying that they require official cables.

IME just buy the official cables because theres only a few dollars difference up or down from other brands. I've bought some off of Amazon for $5-10 that said that they were licensed that in fact were not. Now I have a bunch of useless "licensed" lightning cables sitting around post-hardware lockout. This was like a year ago though, maybe there are some cheap options now, but it seems like Apple kind of screwed over that entire market.

Magnus

IME just buy the official cables because theres only a few dollars difference up or down from other brands. I've bought some off of Amazon for $5-10 that said that they were licensed that in fact were not. Now I have a bunch of useless "licensed" lightning cables sitting around post-hardware lockout. This was like a year ago though, maybe there are some cheap options now, but it seems like Apple kind of screwed over that entire market.

I just bought two nexttech cables from the source. They're supposedly licensed and fine. $10 each.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Go to a hotel and tell them you lost your cable and ask to see if they have one in the lost & found.

Sober

You can probably get $10 worth of enjoyment out of it if you're interested in it. It does have some redeeming features. But don't force yourself to finish it if you don't want to.
It's a good open world game. That's about it. I'm playing it right now and it doesn't have anything really outstanding other than the 'open world' component.

Ventara

The Wii Fit U that I ordered came in today. Box is pretty big. Surprised I was only charged $7 for shipping. Anyways, I'm not really sure why I bought this. I don't think I'll ever use it. I suppose I can take the board out and stand on it for a bit.

The Wii Fit U that I ordered came in today. Box is pretty big. Surprised I was only charged $7 for shipping. Anyways, I'm not really sure why I bought this. I don't think I'll ever use it. I suppose I can take the board out and stand on it for a bit.

Mine came today as well. I'll most likely try it out tomorrow

semiconscious

Gold Member
You can probably get $10 worth of enjoyment out of it if you're interested in it. It does have some redeeming features. But don't force yourself to finish it if you don't want to.

It's a good open world game. That's about it. I'm playing it right now and it doesn't have anything really outstanding other than the 'open world' component.

i like these answers - undramatic, & accurate :) ...

Hey i want dark souls 2 for 20 bucks. So i just go to best buy and show them the online sale link?

It may also potentially be a YMMV sort of thing when you show them. Depending on the staffer, they might check the online stock or near by locations stock. I've had them do that to me at BB at least twice.

Haines

Banned
It may also potentially be a YMMV sort of thing when you show them. Depending on the staffer, they might check the online stock or near by locations stock. I've had them do that to me at BB at least twice.

Have a relative that manages a bestbuy. Maybe he can help make sure it passes through if hes on shift this weekend. Suppose i could just check my local source as well

Shows one in a town nearby maybe ill give them a call tmrw

FrsDvl

Just out of curiosity, has anyone had Rare Replay ship yet from Amazon? I was wondering if they got any better yet after the long line of shipping complaints from them. Mine just shipped from BestBuy, but all my other e3 orders are with Amazon, minus rock band.

Ok never mind, post above me answered that, lol.

KarmaCow

So the Amazon shipping dates for games not out shouldn't be trusted right? EOU2 says it will take more than a week to ship which would suck because there is free DLC in the first week.

Ondore

Was there something funky with Legend of Kay Anniversary for Wii U? I bought it at E3 and it was set to ship with Prime, but it shipped today (?) by Canada Post Express (??).

shezbot

Was there something funky with Legend of Kay Anniversary for Wii U? I bought it at E3 and it was set to ship with Prime, but it shipped today (?) by Canada Post Express (??).

It was delayed a few times, and Amazon had it as "Temporarily Unavailable" for the last month or so. Magically it came in stock the other day, and mine shipped today too (for arrival Tuesday).

kinger

The one near me has 1 of both in stock. I wonder if it's worth it to walk all the way there and show up at opening. I feel like I'm going to get screwed for sure.

You can call first and check that they have it, and have them hold it for you.

I'm not much a phone guy (am currently rocking the OG Samsung Galaxy S and the OG RAZR before that) but the new Moto X has gotten my interest. Does anyone know how getting an unlocked one would work? Do phone companies put up pages for online orders? I tried checking Amazon but every phone I find currently out or otherwise seems to be sold by not-Amazon.

You can check the company's website, they usually list cell companies that carry it (these are locked to the carrier, so you'd need to get it unlocked) or see if they directly sell it. Electronics companies like best buy or staples also sell cell phones, they usually say if it's unlocked. Is the one you're talking about recently released? (I'm not familiar with the motos) I'm not sure how long after release they usually put up unlocked ones though.

BTails

My Rare Replay shipped from BestBuy today/last night (e3 preorder). Of course, I'm in Germany right now, back on Tuesday, then out of the country for another few days. Basically, it figures that a game would ship early when I have no chance to play it right away :/

jholmes

I also bought this during E3 and unlike you guys I didn't get a ship notification yet. Sadness.

Luigi87

*following an order from Amazon Japan via tracking*

... looks like it is going to be hit by customs... Why does this keep happening lately >_<

zroid

Banned
ah Indigo is finally letting us both earn and spend Plum reward points online. i almost never shopped at indigo in stores so the program was largely useless aside from the 5% discount.

oh, and you don't need to be a member to get the 5% discount anymore, it will be baked into the price of items going forward

Top Bottom