• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Luigi87

ah Indigo is finally letting us both earn and spend Plum reward points online. i almost never shopped at indigo in stores so the program was largely useless aside from the 5% discount.

oh, and you don't need to be a member to get the 5% discount anymore, it will be baked into the price of items going forward

Wait... we earn points off Plum cards?
*looks at points history*

10-14-2014
Expired Points : -1,949

*twitch*

There is one copy of Dark Souls 2 left and its at Yonge & Eglinton. Now debating if I should go after work since its only 10 minutes away.

FrsDvl

ah Indigo is finally letting us both earn and spend Plum reward points online. i almost never shopped at indigo in stores so the program was largely useless aside from the 5% discount.

oh, and you don't need to be a member to get the 5% discount anymore, it will be baked into the price of items going forward

Oh great. Now my girlfriend is going to order even more books online. She just went on a 100$ free book shop cause of plum points. Maybe I just won't tell her.

There is one copy of Dark Souls 2 left and its at Yonge & Eglinton. Now debating if I should go after work since its only 10 minutes away.

Are you closer to a best buy? If it's still in stock there or at Yorkdale you can try and price match. Worked for me.

Edit: Also, I think the stock totals for The Source only change overnight so you may want to give them a call. The good thing about that is you should be able to try and price match with Best Buy throughout the day as long as they don't call the store. YMMV of course.

Yasumi

Banned
Picked up Watch Dogs and a copy of Tearaway for a friend. If I play WD like I'm playing as the Laughing Man from Ghost in the Shell, I might squeeze some enjoyment out of it.

Are you closer to a best buy? If it's still in stock there or at Yorkdale you can try and price match. Worked for me.

Edit: Also, I think the stock totals for The Source only change overnight so you may want to give them a call. The good thing about that is you should be able to try and price match with Best Buy throughout the day as long as they don't call the store. YMMV of course.

I live in the area so I might as well go check. I'm planning on hitting up Game Mania later anyway so I'll just drop by on the way to the station

ohlawd

How do this "load to your card" works? Simply load the offer and then I'll just need to show my card and it will automatically add to my card?

to be honest, I haven't tried this load card stuff yet lol

yeah I think it really is that easy. load the offer on your card and show 'em at the time of transaction.

So I got Dark Souls 2 from the Source at Yonge & Eglinton. The disc was loose inside the case for some reason, but it works fine.

Was too tired to go to BB so I just settled for it at $19.99, still a good deal.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
She has like 300 books and hasn't even read half of them! And she loves collecting plum points. She'll spend my video game money :(

Support your local libraries. Both of you, they have books and video games.

Sora_N

How do this "load to your card" works? Simply load the offer and then I'll just need to show my card and it will automatically add to my card?

to be honest, I haven't tried this load card stuff yet lol

yeah I think it really is that easy. load the offer on your card and show 'em at the time of transaction.

Once you load the coupon its automatic. I guess they upgraded their system when they started the loading stuff.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Any Nexus 5 users with Koodo ever have to send it for repair while under warranty? Mine is having issues with the power button and I can get it repaired, but I need my phone for work so I'd rather they just replace it. Would that be possible?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Any Nexus 5 users with Koodo ever have to send it for repair while under warranty? Mine is having issues with the power button and I can get it repaired, but I need my phone for work so I'd rather they just replace it. Would that be possible?

Is it under warranty? Google provides a 1 year warranty, contact them. They mailed me a new phone (refurbished but w/e) and I just sent my old one back in the box they sent.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Is it under warranty? Google provides a 1 year warranty, contact them. They mailed me a new phone (refurbished but w/e) and I just sent my old one back in the box they sent.
Yeah it's under warranty, but they told me that since it was bought from Koodo, I have to go through them. I was calling the Koodo at STC to ask if I could just get a replacement, but those fuckers won't answer the phone :(

Posted this in the gaming laptop thread but figured here would be a good place to ask as well.

Looking for the best gaming laptop $1200 Canadian dollars (tax in) can by. The $1200 price is if I can buy it at Wal Mart since I have $200 in points, otherwise any other store my budget is $1000. (tax in)

Thanks.

terrible

Banned
Prime 2 day shipping. Signed up for the trial during E3.

Let's hope Metal Gear gets here Friday instead of Tuesday now as well. :D

If it was regular free shipping I would've died from shock lol. That's still pretty awesome though. I have mine on two day shipping as well but I wasn't as lucky as you.

You might have a shot at getting Metal Gear early too.

Sakura

Man what is the deal with game prices now
I know the dollar is shit, but on Amazon FFXV is 69.99, MGSV is 74.99 and Fallout 4 is 79.99
Are publishers just setting whatever they feel is appropriate or is there some kind of reasoning to this?

Lexxism

Yeah, they are pretty much setting it up whatever they want. Games should be 79.99 with the current rate yet you can still see 69.99 or even 64.99.

I borrowed Splatoon from the library, but took it back without playing it. The disc was covered in fingerprints and was dirty. I don't want to put that filth into my console.

I expected that, but a friend has an extra download code he's offered me so I'll likely just get that off him.

I borrowed Splatoon from the library, but took it back without playing it. The disc was covered in fingerprints and was dirty. I don't want to put that filth into my console.

I expected that, but a friend has an extra download code he's offered me so I'll likely just get that off him.

...discs can be wiped clean...

poodpick

Oh my God. If I get MGSV on friday instead of tuesday I'll be singing amazon's praises for years

Managed to snag $5 Infamous from the canada computers location on college in TO too :).

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
One day our technology shall be advanced enough that we'll be able to wipe our discs clean from finger prints. Hold tight bud.

...discs can be wiped clean...

One day our technology shall be advanced enough that we'll be able to wipe our discs clean from finger prints. Hold tight bud.

Har har

If I didn't have any other choice, I would've kept it and played it, but I decided against it.

I've tried the whole cleaning dirty used discs before with mixed results. Alcohol wipes just move the dust around sometimes, and they're never perfectly clean so it bugs me.

koopas

Har har

If I didn't have any other choice, I would've kept it and played it, but I decided against it.

I've tried the whole cleaning dirty used discs before with mixed results. Alcohol wipes just move the dust around sometimes, and they're never perfectly clean so it bugs me.

OCDChewie lol

Get Swiffer dusters, those are AMAZING for getting rid of dust and fingerprints from glossy consoles and whatnot.

81QTee84l1L.jpg

Mimosa97

They're very efficient but pricey as fuck.

I've stopped buying swiffer products because I spent too much money on that kind of stuff. I haven't found a cheap replacement yet.

big_z

holy shit I never thought of this. does taking out games cost anything extra or do you need a special card or just the basic trac library card? how long can you keep games out for?

Ondore

Best Buy's doing their Power Hours again tonight starting at 5pm and going through 10am Tuesday. "Take 10% off all preorder video games" - should we send this to Amazon now, or wait until it's live?

jholmes

Best Buy's doing their Power Hours again tonight starting at 5pm and going through 10am Tuesday. "Take 10% off all preorder video games" - should we send this to Amazon now, or wait until it's live?

The first thing I did was check if either Best Buy or Amazon had Shovel Knight for Wii U up.

Nope. Guys, it's not a theoretical game, it's already been announced.

BadWolf

Wait, we might get another discount on top of the previous additional discount we got on the E3 preorder deal from Amazon?

Wait, we might get another discount on top of the previous additional discount we got on the E3 preorder deal from Amazon?

Possibly. During the last 10% off sale Best Buy had, Amazon matched the discount in two ways. There was a general 10% off code you could use on most pre-orders, but then a few individual games also saw their list price drop by 10%. The latter is what triggers the automatic price adjustment. So the hope would be that this time, Amazon drops the list price on a different set of games (or all of them!). Otherwise you wouldn't see any change from the last 10% off sale.

Any games that already got their list price cut by 10% will likely not see any further price adjustments here, unless the MSRP of those games also magically dropped since then.

Ledhead

Possibly. During the last 10% off sale Best Buy had, Amazon matched the discount in two ways. There was a general 10% off code you could use on most pre-orders, but then a few individual games also saw their list price drop by 10%. The latter is what triggers the automatic price adjustment. So the hope would be that this time, Amazon drops the list price on a different set of games (or all of them!). Otherwise you wouldn't see any change from the last 10% off sale.

Any games that already got their list price cut by 10% will likely not see any further price adjustments here, unless the MSRP of those games also magically dropped since then.

Would be awesome to get a price cut on top of the E3 deal. Amazon really is my savior

HarryKS

holy shit I never thought of this. does taking out games cost anything extra or do you need a special card or just the basic trac library card? how long can you keep games out for?

It's free.

Just don't spread the word too much. They don't keep many copies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
On top of the 30% ? Not gonna happen.
It already has for many games. For example, Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection was originally $75 but during the last 10% off sale they dropped the price to $67.50 and now I'm getting 30% off of that lower price.

Top Bottom