• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

terrible

Banned
Get Swiffer dusters, those are AMAZING for getting rid of dust and fingerprints from glossy consoles and whatnot.

That's what I've been using to dust my PS4 and I fairly recently noticed that the glossy part is scratched to hell now. I haven't touched the glossy part with anything else so it has to be from that. I definitely wouldn't recommend that for use on a PS4.

Mimosa97

It already has for many games. For example, Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection was originally $75 but during the last 10% off sale they dropped the price to $67.50 and now I'm getting 30% off of that lower price.

Yeah but Amazon won't price match the 10% off pre-orders from BB on top of the 30% you've already got. You benefit from their own lower price ever though.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yeah but Amazon won't price match the 10% off pre-orders from BB on top of the 30% you've already got. You benefit from their own lower price ever though.
But they regularly have the same sale as BB. The last 10% off sale was because BB was having their own 10% off sale. People have reason to hope that this BB 10% sale translates into their Amazon E3 orders going even cheaper because it has in the recent past.

Nicodemic

Ok, here's my suggestion for the new thread title. If one gaffer gets a laugh, it'll be a win:

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 6: Dollar Per Game Rising: Revexchange

If by "price match" you mean someone contacting an Amazon rep to get their own individual order price-matched, you are correct. But Amazon, as a company, has matched Best Buy promotions in the past, adjusting pre-order prices for everyone. That kind of price match can and has happened in the past, as recently as Canada Day.

Technically, you're still correct, as this would be a case of Amazon giving you their lowest listed price. It just so happens that the lowest listed price was in response to a Best Buy sale.

Get Swiffer dusters, those are AMAZING for getting rid of dust and fingerprints from glossy consoles and whatnot.

Thanks for the recommendation. I use those already, though :). Usually the thin white duster cloths, though.

I dust my stuff about once a month or so, but I think I'll do it again soon even though it's only been about two weeks.

what harm would putting a grubby disc into your console do?

Perhaps nothing, but I wouldn't want the dust, dirt or crud coming loose while the disc is spinning and getting inside the system.

It's gross/a potential hazard.

holy shit I never thought of this. does taking out games cost anything extra or do you need a special card or just the basic trac library card? how long can you keep games out for?

It's all free, but some libraries don't get them. Some also have very limited budgets.

Weird. Only the smaller of the two nearby libraries has MGS V ordered, and they skipped Batman thinking it wasn't big enough and was too mature.

zroid

Banned
Almost all my pre-orders have already gotten 10% discounts lol

the only one which hasn't is Project Mirai DX... and I'm probably going to cancel that one

zroid

Banned
noooooooooo

lemme guess. it's because Mario Maker comes out on the 11th :(

lol nah

honestly it's just because I already have Project Diva f and I'm not that into these games anyways so one is probably enough.... Mirai is pretty damn cute though

ohlawd

gotta go back to the store then to get my two bucks back lol. I bought the damn game yesterday. I played two hours of it and it's okay so far.

FrsDvl

Aw man, why does it have to be herritage day tomorrow. My Rare Replay is in the city, and its going to sit there till Tuesday :(

ohlawd

bums me out too that there's a holiday tomorrow :(

wouldn't you spend more on gas/transportation to accomplish that?

it's fine. takes a minute to drive back to Best Buy. I gotta go to SDM anyway and that's also pretty close. I'll buy some food there and maybe drop by the bakery too

Ehh, you would get more satisfaction out of an ice cream cone but thanks for the heads up.
TYep1.gif

Where can I preorder MGS5 collector's edition? It seems it's out of stock everywhere.
You might be out of luck unless Walmart.ca still has their preorder link still active.

Someone else might know of a website or place that still let's you preorder it, so here's hoping for the best!

Mimosa97

But they regularly have the same sale as BB. The last 10% off sale was because BB was having their own 10% off sale. People have reason to hope that this BB 10% sale translates into their Amazon E3 orders going even cheaper because it has in the recent past.

If by "price match" you mean someone contacting an Amazon rep to get their own individual order price-matched, you are correct. But Amazon, as a company, has matched Best Buy promotions in the past, adjusting pre-order prices for everyone. That kind of price match can and has happened in the past, as recently as Canada Day.

Technically, you're still correct, as this would be a case of Amazon giving you their lowest listed price. It just so happens that the lowest listed price was in response to a Best Buy sale.

Yep you're right.

Damn Amazon really is our last hope lol

I haven't done a thorough check or anything, but it looks like Amazon's reduced at least one game that they didn't drop the price on during Canada Day: Fallout 4 PC is down to $71.99 from $79.99.

Sora_N

Amazon is indeed matching the Best Buy promo, using the coupon code VGAUGUST10. So far, though, I've only noticed a few list price discounts--Fallout 4 is $71.99, Uncharted Collection is $67.49, Uncharted 4 is $71.99, Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer is $40.49.

Oh, and for those who like that sort of thing, the Collector's Edition of Tales of Zestiria is eligible for the 10% coupon. You're welcome.

Thanks I preorded Tales CE, might/probably will cancel though lol.

Top Bottom