• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

NEW DEAL

fCmLHIJ.png

http://www.saveland.ca/ToysRUs/flyer/14056/170276/#top-flyer

I just bought Zelda. Fuck everything.

khaaan

New Deal-ish

Best Buy, In store only, this Friday.
20% off PS4 and Xbone games if you buy two or more at > $49.99.

Not horrible I think, if there was something you missed during the E3 sales then it's a good a chance as any but I wouldn't be surprised if there was equivalent or better stuff in the coming weeks. I'm still holding out on a good Wii U games deal.

Ventara

Would anyone price match the deal? Or not because it's "3 for $30?"

It would be great if Amazin would PM this so that I wouldn't have to go hunting.

New Deal-ish

Best Buy, In store only, this Friday.
20% off PS4 and Xbone games if you buy two or more at > $49.99.

Not horrible I think, if there was something you missed during the E3 sales then it's a good a chance as any but I wouldn't be surprised if there was equivalent or better stuff in the coming weeks. I'm still holding out on a good Wii U games deal.

I want to get Smash, Bayonetta, Hyrule Warriors and Toad, so there better be a deal soon.

isny

napkin dispenser
I want to get Smash, Bayonetta, Hyrule Warriors and Toad, so there better be a deal soon.

If Ventara or Cisce doesn't take Hyrule Warriors off my hands I'll shoot you a message. I also have a copy of Smash WiiUthat I was going to probably return. I paid $50 for it from BB and would sell it at cost.

If Ventara or Cisce doesn't take Hyrule Warriors off my hands I'll shoot you a message. I also have a copy of Smash WiiUthat I was going to probably return. I paid $50 for it from BB and would sell it at cost.

I will actually buy Smash for $50 from you and pass away Hyrule Warriors.

not even kidding

krae_man

Okay so my mail carrier is fucking up now.

I haven't recieved Pokemon Omega Ruby, Evil Within, or Kingdom Hearts 2.5.

Phoned Best Bestbuy about Pokemon, told I had to wait a week. Phoned back a week later placed the lost shipment complaint. Call a week later "It wasn't done right, we need to do it again".

Evil Within, phone Walmart. On hold for an hour. guy who answers pretends he can't hear me so he can hang up and improve his AHT/work through the waiting calls. Phone back, wait another 45 minutes, next person refunds my order. Tells me to place another one online and give her the new order number and adjusts the price to the Black Friday price for me -$3 for my troubles.

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 I have to wait until Monday before I can call about that.

In between these, The Crew, Persona Q and Captain Toad all arrived. Oh and Captain Toad? My price didn't get adjusted correctly. I phoned and said "I was told your preorder system would automatically give me 30% of the new MSRP and if by some freak glitch it doesn't just phone and we'll give it to you. So I don't get it and phone back and the supervisor reads the notes(which say just that) and claims they are gibberish and refuses to give me the discount. I ask for a further escalation and I'm told to email. WTF?

BTails

Anyone here in Canuck-GAF interested in an Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - Xbox One Digital Code? I just bought the bundle today, but already have Ass Creed 4.

Want to give back to you lovely gentlemen/women (Despite all the shipping talk!), and am offering it for what I think is a reasonable and cheap price: $10 CAD through Paypal (Buyer pays fees).

I have a whopping 2 positive feedback in the B/S/T thread (Both for purchasing goods), but I swear on the Calgary Flames phenomenal win/loss record this year that I'm legit!

Firestorm

Okay so my mail carrier is fucking up now.

I haven't recieved Pokemon Omega Ruby, Evil Within, or Kingdom Hearts 2.5.

Phoned Best Bestbuy about Pokemon, told I had to wait a week. Phoned back a week later placed the lost shipment complaint. Call a week later "It wasn't done right, we need to do it again".

Evil Within, phone Walmart. On hold for an hour. guy who answers pretends he can't hear me so he can hang up and improve his AHT/work through the waiting calls. Phone back, wait another 45 minutes, next person refunds my order. Tells me to place another one online and give her the new order number and adjusts the price to the Black Friday price for me -$3 for my troubles.

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 I have to wait until Monday before I can call about that.

In between these, The Crew, Persona Q and Captain Toad all arrived. Oh and Captain Toad? My price didn't get adjusted correctly. I phoned and said "I was told your preorder system would automatically give me 30% of the new MSRP and if by some freak glitch it doesn't just phone and we'll give it to you. So I don't get it and phone back and the supervisor reads the notes(which say just that) and claims they are gibberish and refuses to give me the discount. I ask for a further escalation and I'm told to email. WTF?
Take to their forums or social media.

Anyone see this deal?

NEW (Possible) DEAL

The Last of Us Remastered - Digital Version for $20 USD

http://gamedealdaily.com/playstation-4/the-last-of-us-remastered-full-game-download/

According to this Reddit post, the website is legit, works in Canada, and sends out download codes quickly:

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2ovsaz/little_big_planet_3_digital_code_3649/

I am unsure of whether to get it or not. $20 ($23 Canadian) seems like a great deal, but Shoppers had it for the same price a couple weeks ago, and it was the disc version.It may also go on sale for this price during the PSN sales, or Boxing Day.

i-Jest

Anyone see this deal?

NEW (Possible) DEAL

http://gamedealdaily.com/playstation-4/the-last-of-us-remastered-full-game-download/

According to this Reddit post, the website is legit, works in Canada, and sends out download codes quickly:

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2ovsaz/little_big_planet_3_digital_code_3649/

I am unsure of whether to get it or not. $20 ($23 Canadian) seems like a great deal, but Shoppers had it for the same price a couple weeks ago, and it was the disc version.It may also go on sale for this price during the PSN sales, or Boxing Day.

This is news to me and what are you guys pressing for the highlight icon?

Zing

Banned
Canuck GAF. Whats you experience with YesAsia.com shipping? Would I have to deal with UPS?

EDIT:

If anyone's interested Walmart has GC Controllers back in stock again for $29 http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/nintendo-gamecube-controller-super-smash-bros-edition/6000189453484?utm_source=Linkshare&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_content=10&utm_campaign=AKGBlS8SPlM&siteID=AKGBlS8SPlM-gt1hX_v48k.uXnl4B_EswA&wmlspartner=AKGBlS8SPlM
I doubt it. My order for two of these hasn't moved since the last time they were "in stock".

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone see this deal?

NEW (Possible) DEAL

Jesus Christ, I wish I sold my digital code that came with my PS4 when I had the chance, the price on the digital just plummeted after the whole Amazon error.

FWIW I'll sell anyone my digital code for $20 CDN flat. I just need to get rid of this thing >.<

Zing

Banned
EB stores all had them in stock today. Went to a couple of locations and they had all three in stock.
I just noticed that the website listed them as releasing yesterday. Wish I had known. It should be ok for morning pickup, as the website shows them in stock at my local store as of right now. I'll head over there in the morning.

Canuck GAF. Whats you experience with YesAsia.com shipping? Would I have to deal with UPS?

I've bought a bunch of CDs and a few PSP games from YesAsia. Their free shipping arrives via Canada Post and I've never been dinged for customs charges or tax. Note, though, that free shipping can take a couple of weeks to arrive here, and that December is usually pretty bad because of holiday volume--I remember pre-ordering a CD with an early December release date and it didn't get to me until mid January.

Depending on what you're ordering, you might be able to find it for cheaper from places like CDJapan or Play-Asia even after shipping is factored in, but you may have already done the comparison shopping. If you do happen to go with CDJapan (and probably Play-Asia, though I've never bought anything from there), try to use the cheaper shipping options, as those seem to fly under the radar more easily. I stick to normal air mail (not registered) for CDJapan and my stuff usually gets here within two weeks of the ship date.

zroid

Banned
I hate Toys R Us for this amiibo deal. I only wanted Zelda but now I have no choice but to get three. I just don't know which...

Link I guess for the Hyrule Warriors weapon... and... Mario? I dunno.

i-Jest

I've bought a bunch of CDs and a few PSP games from YesAsia. Their free shipping arrives via Canada Post and I've never been dinged for customs charges or tax. Note, though, that free shipping can take a couple of weeks to arrive here, and that December is usually pretty bad because of holiday volume--I remember pre-ordering a CD with an early December release date and it didn't get to me until mid January.

Depending on what you're ordering, you might be able to find it for cheaper from places like CDJapan or Play-Asia even after shipping is factored in, but you may have already done the comparison shopping. If you do happen to go with CDJapan (and probably Play-Asia, though I've never bought anything from there), try to use the cheaper shipping options, as those seem to fly under the radar more easily. I stick to normal air mail (not registered) for CDJapan and my stuff usually gets here within two weeks of the ship date.

Can orders be cancelled online within a specific time?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
There is no button for it. I had to quote someone's post to figure it out xD. Just use the tags [/highlight with the last ].
Pfft, I have a button for it.

Extra Three Buttons (I prefer this one even though it was replaced by Quick Quote, Reply, and Edit)
t23EmYI.png

Quick Quote, Reply, and Edit
nHRLHH1.png

There are a lot of NeoGAF-centric scripts to add stuff. PM the OP in the following thread if the links don't work any more.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378490

EDIT: I never updated Quick Quote, Reply, and Edit until now and I think I'll finally retire Extra Three Buttons.

ivQCj8i.png

I hate Toys R Us for this amiibo deal. I only wanted Zelda but now I have no choice but to get three. I just don't know which...

Link I guess for the Hyrule Warriors weapon... and... Mario? I dunno.

Do you have any amiibo figures already? If not, Kirby and Yoshi may be worth looking into. They both unlock stuff in MK8, and they each have a compatible game coming out next year. Mario is also a safe choice, because he is in MK8, MP10, maybe Mario Maker, and possibly Captain Toad. Well, for Mario Maker, anybody could be in xD

Pfft, I have a button for it.

Extra Three Buttons (I prefer this one even though it was replaced by Quick Quote, Reply, and Edit)
t23EmYI.png

Quick Quote, Reply, and Edit
nHRLHH1.png

There are a lot of NeoGAF-centric scripts to add stuff. PM the OP in the following thread if the links don't work any more.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378490

EDIT: I never updated Quick Quote, Reply, and Edit until now and I think I'll finally retire Extra Three Buttons.

ivQCj8i.png

Links don't work. Seems like too much work just for highlight and strikethrough. I will stick to my non-fancy buttons :p

zroid

Banned
Do you have any amiibo figures already? If not, Kirby and Yoshi may be worth looking into. They both unlock stuff in MK8, and they each have a compatible game coming out next year. Mario is also a safe choice, because he is in MK8, MP10, maybe Mario Maker, and possibly Captain Toad. Well, for Mario Maker, anybody could be in xD

Just Samus right now...

I'm not too fussed about the MK8 costumes, I don't really race with Miis much (and I like the Varia Suit costume the most anyway)

I'm thinking about Kirby, Yoshi, and Fox because of their upcoming 2015 games, but I'm not sure. Mario does seem like a safe bet, will probably be useful for many games down the road.

http://userscripts-mirror.org/scripts/show/98693

YouTube Me Again is well worth it because you never have to leave a thread to watch a YouTube video.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432152

Oh, thanks! They took no time to install. I likely won't use the extra buttons much, but this YouTube thing makes it just like mobile GAF.

Just Samus right now...

I'm not too fussed about the MK8 costumes, I don't really race with Miis much (and I like the Varia Suit costume the most anyway)

I'm thinking about Kirby, Yoshi, and Fox because of their upcoming 2015 games, but I'm not sure. Mario does seem like a safe bet, will probably be useful for many games down the road.

Kirby, Yoshi, Fox, and Link are likely going to be the most used. I don't see why Nintendo couldn't make all their games compatible with amiibo somehow, so Star Fox may allow Fox and Falco.

Sora_N

Thanks for this, pre-ordered!

Now I just need Rosalina, Lucario and Shulk...

I wouldn't worry about Lucario, TRU stocks a crapload.

Shulk you should worry, who knows how badly EB will handle him.

I don't know anything about Target exclusives in Canada.

chrono01

I wouldn't worry about Lucario, TRU stocks a crapload.

Shulk you should worry, who knows how badly EB will handle him.

I don't know anything about Target exclusives in Canada.
Yeah, Shulk is the one I'm most worried about. Here's hoping EBGames confirms something soon. :/

I pre-ordered one order with one Meta Knight and another with two, but I'll be cancelling one of them. I don't really need more than one but, considering shipping is $5 for ordering one but free for ordering two, I might opt for the latter and simply gift it to a friend or something. It's only an extra ~$10.

I'll see.

Thanks again for posting this.

Sora_N

Yeah, Shulk is the one I'm most worried about. Here's hoping EBGames confirms something soon. :/

I pre-ordered one order with one Meta Knight and another with two, but I'll be cancelling one of them. I don't really need more than one but, considering shipping is $5 for ordering one but free for ordering two, I might opt for the latter and simply gift it to a friend or something. It's only an extra ~$10.

I'll see.

Thanks again for posting this.

No problem, I ordered 3 so I can choose paints, might keep extra for repaint.

Ondore

NEW DEAL (YMMV)

Atlantic Superstore's flyer has the PS4 Last of Us Bundle for $439 + $25 PC gift card. No tax through Saturday.

MesH

Amazon.ca has a buy 2 games get 20 percent off deal on right now.

So I picked up Destiny and Forza Horizon 2 for 83 bucks.

espher

Thanks for the heads-up on Meta Knight.

Was going to take a trip tonight for Wave 2 dudes... might buy those I can see and then check TRU tomorrow/Saturday for that deal and return the ones I buy tonight.

Top Bottom