• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Seik

Banned
NEW DEAL

fCmLHIJ.png

http://www.saveland.ca/ToysRUs/flyer/14056/170276/#top-flyer

Will go there tomorrow during lunch break for sure, hope there will still be some interesting ones left. D:

Zing

Banned
I'd rather spend a few extra dollars than wait outside of TRU tomorrow morning only to be disappointed. I bougth Zelda, Diddy, and Mac from EB today.

As expected, they did match the BB deal. Here's the list of games if anyone interested

edit: If anyone interested, you can now get Driveclub for 39.99 but you need to add another game though

Thanks for the list, I want Drive Club for 40 but have honestly 0 interest in any other game in that list, too bad Wii U games are not included :(

espher

I'm going to try to get Wave 2 today from wherever, and then take a look at TRU. If I see it there, I'll just return the ones I get today.

Future Shop denied my in store pickup request for Fox and then called me to tell me that they found one after the fact.

That's so nice of them.

Does Toys R Us have Wave 2 in store today?

UberTag

Yeah, Shulk is the one I'm most worried about. Here's hoping EBGames confirms something soon. :/
I'm not into the whole Amiibo hype - but as someone whose eventual Wii U purchase has been cemented around a Xenoblade Chronicles X purchase, I'm half-entertaining the idea of grabbing him in the event that they incorporate some Amiibo connectivity with that game.

Mimosa97

Where can i get a cheap desktop computer ?

I don't need anything fancy, i only intend to use it to watch movies on my new TV and stream french TV channels with my VPN.

Do you guys know of any better Xbox One with Kinect Deals??? The best ive seen so far is the Toy R Us.
Buy the 499$ Xbox One and get 50$ Toys R Us Gift Card. And i think this deal was for finishing TODAY!!! but man my husband would kill me if i'd come home with that thing...
Anywhere else selling it lower? Yes i want the kinect bundle...

Bluenoser

I just wanted to give a shout out to @GameDealsCanada - awesome up to the date source for deals. Got me my $40 DS4 at the Source.... I would have never thought to go there if not for them.

But other than that, yeah... Canadians get the shaft with these $70 retail AND $70 digital games. Booo.

Just got the TRU flyer in the mail, I'll buy some figures at BestBuy today then try my hand at price-protecting tomorrow. If not, I'll just return them and go to TRU.

jholmes

iOS idiots: I just went to Starbucks, and I was impressed to see the free app of the week is VVVVVV. I can't imagine trying to play that game on a touchscreen, but people seem to love fumbling through tough platformers on touchscreens anyway. This game is brilliant so if you haven't played it, try to pop into a Starbucks in the next few days to get it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Are boxing day sales on pre-built computers a thing? My cousin is looking for one for boxing day, and I'm not sure where to check or if sales happen.

khaaan

I don't need anything fancy, i only intend to use it to watch movies on my new TV and stream french TV channels with my VPN.

Alternative to building, you could look at the GAF PC thread and note all the parts listed under the budget build. Head to a PC Parts store like Canada Computers/Tiger Direct/NCIX and you can pay them (it's not much I believe) to do the building for you. I'm not too familiar with the extent that graphics cards get used but if you're just watching things I think you could drop the graphics card and get a nicer processor.

Define cheap - you can get an Alienware Alpha for $549, which is inexpensive for what it can do.

EDIT: Noticed it bumped the price up to 629.99 for the base model on Dell's website. But I'm sure it'll go down again.

I'll ask here. Anyone in Toronto interested in a brand-new unopened Xbox 360 E model for $150? :)

I bought it for $92 before tax during Black Friday but went and got the 500GB model instead for $200 and got a free retail game (Forza Horizon 2) with it, so I have no need for it.

I can just refund the 4GB model, but maybe someone would want it and it'd be a bit of profit since with tax it'd be around $105.

Is that okay?

Edit: I'm open to different offers like trades. :)

oneran

Building one is probably your cheapest option (there are alot of resources on gaf and the web if you need help), but if you feel more comfortable with a built machine you have a few options

Factorydirect.ca - They have wide variety of refurbished systems but their return policy isn't great!

future shop/bestbuy - Their websites have a few refurbished systems under the deals tab.

tigerdirect / canada computers - Their websites have a few refurbished systems as well as barebone kits. They basically give you all the parts and you put it together, if your close to one of their physical stores I believe you can also pay them to assemble it. (not sure how much that is and you typically need to add a windows license to the cost)

Hope that helps and happy hunting!

Is it the new TRU flyer or the same old one for Dec 5-11?

No it's the new one for Dec 12-18.

Interesting experience I had today at Bestbuy:
The new amiibo weren't on the shelf so an employee looked it up with me in their database. They received about 14-16 Zeldas, but only 2 of both Diddy and Little Mac. He got them both for me from the back, but they're system wouldn't let me buy Little Mac until tomorrow, and apparently Diddy Kong was recalled and had to be sent back.

Sora_N

Amazon doesn't pricematch? Bummer. Has someone done it before?

EDIT: Nvm, I guess I never tried before but they don't pricematch. I'm just hoping Amazon matches TRU's deal automatically and I can email to adjust my entire order of Amiibos lol.

MarkusRJR

Are there any good deals on a microwave? Our family's current one started flickering and emitting a gross plastic smell when used. My brother seems to think it's fine, but it's clearly not.

Top Bottom