• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Sora_N

Seeing BestBuy already sell out of those Meta Knight Amiibo pre-orders? Yeah, the thirst is real. O_O

From their forum:

BBYJuby said:
Over 500 flew off (online and in store) shelves in less than 12 hours but there will be some more stock up tomorrow!

Stores will receive limited stock for launch and pre-orders will only be available online. These are going super quick so keep checking back to ensure you get your hands on them!

I only fear for when/if EB Games puts up Shulk preorders.

i-Jest

DEALISH???

Bought 2 PSN cards at Target yesterday. It was a buy 1 get one 20% off thing. Did Black Republican mention this?

Best Buy has Xbox One Assasins Creed Bundle listed for 500$
Comes with Kinect
Dance central Spotlight
Minecraft
and a Bluray copy of Guardians of the Galaxy.
Starting tomorow

As expected, they did match the BB deal. Here's the list of games if anyone interested

edit: If anyone interested, you can now get Driveclub for 39.99 but you need to add another game though
i might use this deal to pre-order Witcher 3 and Uncharted 4. 20% off makes this a little easier, and no charge until game ships makes this easier to handle.

Cheers

Lexxism

i might use this deal to pre-order Witcher 3 and Uncharted 4. 20% off makes this a little easier, and no charge until game ships makes this easier to handle.

Cheers

Ah, yeah. That's a pretty good way to get the DC for $40 and just cancel the game after they shipped or got the game.

Thanks for the list, I want Drive Club for 40 but have honestly 0 interest in any other game in that list, too bad Wii U games are not included :(

Firestorm

Are boxing day sales on pre-built computers a thing? My cousin is looking for one for boxing day, and I'm not sure where to check or if sales happen.
NCIX will put together the computer, ship it (or free in store pickup), and warranty it for a year. It used to cost $50 (or $41 in some bundles). Usually a better bet as you can pick quality components and you can price match as many individual parts as you want.

Lizardus

NCIX will put together the computer, ship it (or free in store pickup), and warranty it for a year. It used to cost $50 (or $41 in some bundles). Usually a better bet as you can pick quality components and you can price match as many individual parts as you want.

Yep, this is how I received mine and they all came in nice and secure packages with all the boxes for the components.

If Ventara or Cisce doesn't take Hyrule Warriors off my hands I'll shoot you a message. I also have a copy of Smash WiiUthat I was going to probably return. I paid $50 for it from BB and would sell it at cost.

If Ventara or Cisce don't take Smash from you, I would love to get it

espher

Local Future Shop and Target agreed to Price Match the TRU deal... tomorrow...

Neither had any of the Wave 1 dudes I don't have except for Mario. Neither had Wave 2 stock.

Hoping to score DK/DK/Mario/Samus/Zelda/Mac tomorrow. :3

Not video game related, but has anyone ever ordered anything from the bays website? Is so, how's their shipping?

You have to pay for it if it's under $100, and it's pretty average. No complaints from me, but it's nothing to really write home about either. Like any other store, use it if you can't stomach their incompetent employees.

DJ_Lae

I did this years back when I felt lazy and it was great. They build and check the entire setup before shipping it out to you with all of the original boxes.

Firestorm

I did this years back when I felt lazy and it was great. They build and check the entire setup before shipping it out to you with all of the original boxes.
Yeah this is how I did my PC in 2008 that I'm still using. Only thing that ever died was my power supply because I went with a crappier brand. I think my RAM might have conked out at some point too but it's still goin' strong otherwise and everything comes with its own warranty on top of the 1 year at NCIX. Ordered the same way for my dad, uncle, and cousin as well.

Not sure if it has changed but I outlined the process in 2009 here: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ncix-custom-built-computers-1000-700-gaming-computers-760568/

Yeah this is how I did my PC in 2008 that I'm still using. Only thing that ever died was my power supply because I went with a crappier brand. I think my RAM might have conked out at some point too but it's still goin' strong otherwise and everything comes with its own warranty on top of the 1 year at NCIX. Ordered the same way for my dad, uncle, and cousin as well.

Not sure if it has changed but I outlined the process in 2009 here: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ncix-custom-built-computers-1000-700-gaming-computers-760568/

I did this with my 2-year-old desktop. Settled on a budget, priced out components on PC Part Picker, and waited for a sale (I believe I waited for the graphics card to drop to a certain price before pulling the trigger). I didn't price-match but it would've only been a minor difference. Used NCIX newsletter points for free shipping and got it delivered to my door in a massive box.

Just remember to mail in your rebates if you have any; I think I missed one by a day or two.

I've been patient all week. If Playstation Canada doesn't announce something about these 20th Anniversary PS4s tomorrow, I'll be super annoyed.

Get the Drive Club + Uncharted 4. There's a chance the U4 will be out by the end of 2015 or delayed to 2016. Also, they also have pre-order price guarantee + 20% on top off it. Not a bad price for U4.

I wouldn't pay for uncharted until it gets shipped right?

I highly recommend this as well.

krae_man

Where did you order those games? Did you get a refund?

Pokemon Omega Ruby from Best Buy: Not yet. They fucked up submitting the lost package claim so I need to wait another week.

Evil Within from Walmart: Yes, new game is in the mail now minus a $3 credit for my troubles

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 from Best Buy: Bestbuy shipped it 4 days late and I still have to wait 3 buisness days to file a claim.

Lexxism

AmiAmi question: So combining order is bad? I guess there's a chance of getting hit with import fees if I combine two orders rather than shipping it separately?

Pokemon Omega Ruby from Best Buy: Not yet. They fucked up submitting the lost package claim so I need to wait another week.

Evil Within from Walmart: Yes, new game is in the mail now minus a $3 credit for my troubles

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 from Best Buy: Bestbuy shipped it 4 days late and I still have to wait 3 buisness days to file a claim.

Ah, this got me worried when Canada Post lost my package for the first time. Not surprised with Walmart since they also gave me a refund without hassle but I know it's not going to be easy with BB.

Luigi87

AmiAmi question: So combining order is bad? I guess there's a chance of getting hit with import fees if I combine two orders rather than shipping it separately?

Combining orders is encouraged. You pay less shipping that way.
Just ship either EMS or SAL (unregistered). First one is trackable and fast, second one... gonna be VERY slow this time of year. Do not go SAL (registered). That is more expensive, and I have heard that one specifically causing people to get hit with customs fees.

Luigi87

lol, righty-o
Well for sake of topicality, Target is only putting out series 2 (first half) amiibos tomorrow for those looking.

Stage On

lol, righty-o
Well for sake of topicality, Target is only putting out series 2 (first half) amiibos tomorrow for those looking.

I wish the second half was still available for preorder from a Canadian Retailer other then Amazon. I'm going to be super busy with work in the later half of the month and probably won't be able to flalf about getting up super early to try and get to a physical store first thing in the morning.

It'd be nice to be able to order wave 3 from someone other then Amazon as well. I don't really want to order online but nobody is taking preorders in store :(

Sealtest

i hope not Rosalina is one of the 5 I want and I hate dealing with target.. Would be so much easier if they actually had a website to order from.

i-Jest

Has anyone tried pre ordering anything from EB? Ive tried and 2 locations said they're not taking pre orders for these amiibos

From a store? Never. Don't know whichs ones you want but I think your best bet is online. Depending on the Amiibo you might have to import.

Top Bottom