• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming "Deals" and Discussion Thread 6: Sorry, We Can't Afford a New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jzbluz

Hey guys, I'm ordering sometime from Best Buy, but my credit card will expire soon, so I'm thinking of using Paypal.

Does that work the same way as credit cards? As in, they'll charge you for each item as it ships, and you can just return in-store with the online receipt. How does the refund work anyways? Do you need to use the card linked to your Paypal for the refund, or is it automatic without the use of a card? There are no Paypal fees for something like this, right?

They charge you as things ship, and if you need to return something, they automatically send the refund to your PayPal account.

Kiro

Ottawa weather is terrible, I've been stuck in a bus for an hour with at least another hour to go. Any other Canucks here in the same situation?

On topic: what's the best video game deal you've ever received?

F4r0_Atak

Yes but half the games are not shipping to Quebec -.-

I hope Pokken Tournament and Valkyria Chronicles are not part of those games.

Ottawa weather is terrible, I've been stuck in a bus for an hour with at least another hour to go. Any other Canucks here in the same situation?

30% off on a 59.99$ Street Fighter V during Amazon's E3 promotion...

kevin1025

Banned

I was supposed to see Deadpool but the bus never showed up! The roads are a wreck in the west end.

Renewed

It's either between those Best Buy clearance deals a few months back (where I got Project Mirai DX first print for $22 and Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold first print wasn't charged somehow) and XenobladeX for $15 thanks to amazon.

Kiro

I was supposed to see Deadpool but the bus never showed up! The roads are a wreck in the west end.

I'm in the east end and I need to get to the west end. You have now broken my spirit lol.

It's either between those Best Buy clearance deals a few months back (where I got Project Mirai DX first print for $22 and Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold first print wasn't charged somehow) and XenobladeX for $15 thanks to amazon.

Ya XCX was mine too. Or legacy of the void collectors edition day 1 I got 50 percent off on Amazon.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Yes but half the games are not shipping to Quebec -.-

It's getting absolutely ridiculous. Has anyone contacted them about it? Do they know we're giving our business to Amazon instead because of this? Do they care? (probably not)

I lived in Ottawa 7 years. Now I live in Vancouver and no longer have winter problems.

Renewed

Oh wow they really did exclude Collector's Editions from the deal. I cancelled my Bravely Second CE and then added it to my cart but alas no discount. w/e

Oh wow they really did exclude Collector's Editions from the deal. I cancelled my Bravely Second CE and then added it to my cart but alas no discount. w/e

There was a fairly brief moment when a few CEs were added to the list. I actually got Grand Kingdom and Senran Kagura both discounted due to that. I didn't notice them disappear until after the CSR made the change, which also caused me to miss out on Nights of Azure. At least I grabbed it on Bestbuy...

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
TMNT is $40-50 in the US, just like Transformers was, but it's full-on $80 here?! God daaaaamn...

CRA5H

BBY still has the glitch where you need to order in multiples of 2 to get the 20% off the odd numbered item. Baby steps..

Sora_N

I got 2 games for free last year due to some weird fuck ups.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
CAD current value my dear Tina... :p

But 50 USD is 69 CAD! I suppose they'll adjust the price as we get closer to release, but then Best Buy will refuse to apply the 20% on top of the difference.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'm thinking of cancelling my SFV preorder with Amazon and just buying directly off PSN for $5 more. It'll always be there digitally and I won't have to put up with Amazons pathetic shipping system.

How the hell is the game sold out when I preordered almost a year ago? Supply and demand, how does it work?

CRA5H

I'm thinking of cancelling my SFV preorder with Amazon and just buying directly off PSN for $5 more. It'll always be there digitally and I won't have to put up with Amazons pathetic shipping system.

How the hell is the game sold out when I preordered almost a year ago? Supply and demand, how does it work?
I feel like doing the exact same thing.. Plus going digital has changed my gaming experience, especially when I use Remote Play very often.

Sora_N

It's $50 on PSN?

Renewed

BBY still has the glitch where you need to order in multiples of 2 to get the 20% off the odd numbered item. Baby steps..

Oh that explains it. Thanks for the heads up, went and remade the Bravely Second CE and Pokken order and now the discount worked on Bravely Second. That's so silly...

F4r0_Atak

I was originally tempted to get TMNT (PS4), the new Legend of Zelda (Wii U, especially at 69.99) and Pokken Tournament...

any PS Plus 1 year discounts anywhere?

Well... it's not a huge discount, but on Amazon (and Costco I think) they are about 47$.

Oh that explains it. Thanks for the heads up, went and remade the Bravely Second CE and Pokken order and now the discount worked on Bravely Second. That's so silly...

What was your original order?

Renewed

What was your original order?

My original order was Twilight Princess (dunno why I'd want it, I own it on Wii. Would ask my brother if he's interested then I could ask CS to cancel it), Pokken Tournament (not a fan of that price point tbh, 20% off makes it almost bearable), and Bravely Second CE. The discount didn't apply to BS:CE at first so I thought it meant they actually made it so CEs wouldn't get discounts.

any PS Plus 1 year discounts anywhere?

Costco @ 46$ in store if you have access to that iirc.

Costco.ca has it for 46.99$

My original order was Twilight Princess (dunno why I'd want it, I own it on Wii. Would ask my brother if he's interested then I could ask CS to cancel it), Pokken Tournament (not a fan of that price point tbh, 20% off makes it almost bearable), and Bravely Second CE. The discount didn't apply to BS:CE at first so I thought it meant they actually made it so CEs wouldn't get discounts.

Are you cancelling an order with the Bravely Second CE which is sold out and rebuying when there is 1 copy (yours) available?

That seems like a good way to lose the CE order :\

Renewed

Are you cancelling an order with the Bravely Second CE which is sold out and rebuying when there is 1 copy (yours) available?

That seems like a good way to lose the CE order :\

It really is. I like living on the edge.

4506a8b9f1.png

FluxWaveZ

It's $50 on PSN?

Yeah... just realized that it's $69.99 here. Dunno why I thought it was $59.99. Can't believe that I can't get my copy shipped when I pre-ordered so long ago. This isn't the first time I've had shipping problems with Amazon Canada, too; makes me want to avoid dealing with them for this stuff.

So now I either wait or cancel it and pay $70 for SFV. Ugh.

BadWolf

Yeah... just realized that it's $69.99 here. Dunno why I thought it was $59.99. Can't believe that I can't get my copy shipped when I pre-ordered so long ago. This isn't the first time I've had shipping problems with Amazon Canada, too; makes me want to avoid dealing with them for this stuff.

So now I either wait or cancel it and pay $70 for SFV. Ugh.

There was a pricing error this morning and it was for $59.99 CAD then on PSN.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
It's $50 on PSN?

I fucked up the calculation. Its $47.50 after 13% tax so a $12.50 difference. Still not that bad.

Edit: nvm looks like PSN price got jacked back up to $70

ohlawd

I'd do this to get a discount for my BS CE, but I'm scared someone will take my copy when I'm in the middle of canceling and reordering :(

Renewed

I'd do this to get a discount for my BS CE, but I'm scared someone will take my copy when I'm in the middle of canceling and reordering :(

After I cancelled, it took me over 5 minutes to see the copy show up (I was F5ing for anxiety). It wasn't until I went through the process and got my confirmation email that I got a cancellation email for the old order.

Joeku

Worked at Blockbuster leading up to its death and in (I wanna say) 2007, or at least a couple years after the 360 had been out, I found an Xbox bundle with Project Gotham buried in the back room, unopened. Checked the price in the system: $5.

Bought that shit right up and a bunch of $2-$5 Xbox games from EB I'd figure I'd get to someday. Still haven't opened it. Figuring I should or at least look into if I have a safe model when I hear about the weird battery thing that is going on with some of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom