• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming "Deals" and Discussion Thread 6: Sorry, We Can't Afford a New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha I've had success getting things by asking multiple CSR's in the past too. But I actually really do think they have changed a policy in this case to prevent what people were doing to exploit the discounts. I challenge anyone to successfully combine two orders :)

no challenges! lol

last thing we need is someone posting their amazing deal which will cause the floodgates to open, with everyone trying to get the same deal (i include myself in this of course lol)

Picked up Nights of Azure since I really wanted it. Ended up choosing Return to Popolocrois as the 2nd game... dunno if I'll like it but, but eh, whatever. Sucks that Best Buy doesn't have Senran Kagura EV listed yet (will they at all? none of the previous games are there either).

Smo21

Oh wow, just saw the new date for my Street Fighter from Amazon. Monday, February 29. A two week delay, even with Amazon Prime?

I was getting the 23 and was about to cancel too. Called and the guy I talked to lied and said my bank wouldn't let the payment through and never sent a follow up email like he promised. Called back and Got them upgrade all my amazon e3 orders to priority and wave the shipping fee. Still not great but I'm getting it Friday instead.

Sora_N

They aren't supposed to add it to existing orders or special editions?

I heard BB employees refused to do it before.

Interesting. I tried to combine two Amazon orders and two CSR's told me it's absolutely not possible anymore. Apparently as of Jan. 2016 it changed. Weren't people combining orders to get discounts to stack? Bet this change is in response to that.

That explains why they refused to do anything for me no matter what I said.

zroid

Banned
anyone know if it's possible to apply gift cards to existing Indigo pre-orders? will customer service do it if you ask?

best buy should allow you to use your reward zone certificates on on-line purchases. i can't believe i have to go to a store in order to apply them to an item i bought through the internet.

Fularu

Banned
best buy should allow you to use your reward zone certificates on on-line purchases. i can't believe i have to go to a store in order to apply them to an item i bought through the internet.

Best Buy should get out of the Stoneage

For a tech oriented company, they're awfull at it.

Also stop screwing over Québec residents, we're allowed to purchase english only products ffs.

FrsDvl

Balls, was hoping to pre order World of Warcraft legion for myself and my girlfriend. Amazon doesn't have it. BestBuy does, but my credit card expires in 2016, so I can't use it there cause of their stupid December 31st placeholder date.

explodet

Got my updated Street Fighter V date - Friday the 26th. Ugh. Disappointed.
I was willing to wait until Friday to play, but not THAT Friday!

Fularu

Banned
Balls, was hoping to pre order World of Warcraft legion for myself and my girlfriend. Amazon doesn't have it. BestBuy does, but my credit card expires in 2016, so I can't use it there cause of their stupid December 31st placeholder date.

Use Paypal?

I was getting the 23 and was about to cancel too. Called and the guy I talked to lied and said my bank wouldn't let the payment through and never sent a follow up email like he promised. Called back and Got them upgrade all my amazon e3 orders to priority and wave the shipping fee. Still not great but I'm getting it Friday instead.

That is better than what I just got. The CSR kept saying it was a supplier issue for not giving them enough copies due to high demand. They asked if a $5 credit was acceptable, and I said no, because they give me that for a day delay, but now this is an estimated two week delay. They issued it anyways... After some more talking, they said to contact them when the item ships and they will issue a refund of 10% of the cost. So they are either going to refund 10% of my price (should be less than $3 because of 60% discount), or 10% of the retail price. Either way, it will be an $8-12 credit, but I still get a two week delay.

Has Amazon gotten rid of the option to get a transcript emailed? That past few times I haven't noticed it at the start where you input the details, and they never asked at the end, too. Also, what is the point of selecting an item before you chat with them? They always ask me for the order # and name of the item, anyways.

Sora_N

I canceled SFV. Lost my hype on it after Amazon didn't ship and hearing no SP stuff I wanted.

I'll wait for PSN sale. I think I'd rather have digital anyways. June update ftw.

Fularu

Banned
People complaining about amazon shipping is getting super tiring.

You got a great deal with the knowledge it could be late. If you're so hellbent on getting stuff day one, pay for priority or same day delivery, it's just 3$ per game.

Sora_N

People complaining about amazon shipping is getting super tiring.

You got a great deal with the knowledge it could be late. If you're so hellbent on getting stuff day one, pay for priority or same day delivery, it's just 3$ per game.

My order was priority already but they didn't have the stock?

I'm not mad or anything. Gave me an excuse to not buy it. Picking up the n3ds this month so I'm over budget anyways.

Fularu

Banned
My order was priority already but they didn't have the stock?

I'm not mad or anything. Gave me an excuse to not buy it. Picking up the n3ds this month so I'm over budget anyways.

I wasn't talking to you (or anyone) in particular. If your order had priority, you have every right to complain to them but sometimes (I worked retail, I know it happens, a lot) their suppliers won't have enough stock in time, especially since there was some prety bad weather lately and there's not much one can do about it (the problem with SFV isn't specific to amazon.ca, Amazon.com has it too).

Sora_N

I get what you mean though. I already know Amazon messes up shipping a lot when I ordered. This time it's just weird that they had supply issues when they had so many preorders. Maybe Capcom didn't expect the demand and undersupplied too lop

I never got a game on release day but I remember getting the second wave of Amiibos on release day from Amazon in early 2015.

CRA5H

The BBY glitch of multiples of 2 orders only getting the discount is now fixed. You can now check out with odd numbered game orders (excluding 1 of course)

CRA5H

I get what you mean though. I already know Amazon messes up shipping a lot when I ordered. This time it's just weird that they had supply issues when they had so many preorders. Maybe Capcom didn't expect the demand and undersupplied too lop

I never got a game on release day but I remember getting the second wave of Amiibos on release day from Amazon in early 2015.
This. I know a lot of us ordered back in June 2015 during the E3 sale so for them not to give us priority on a first come first serve basis and know for 9 months how much stock they will need to fulfil preorders, I cannot see how Amazon did not expect to have a shortage on stock. All fingers are now pointed at the distributor for not providing enough copies then.

BadWolf

Guess I can confirm that PS+ codes don't expire.

Activated a 12 month subscription yesterday (for SFV) which I had stashed from a sale in 2013, activated with zero issues.

Oneself

(Team amazon normally, team savings now...)
But amazon.ca is a bit of a mess as I couldn't pre-order Dirt Rally even though there's a page up for it (same with Alekhine's Gun and Sebastien Loeb Evo). So I had to go with BB against my will.

Clive

So Amazon is only offering select PS4 titles for 20% off? No X1, no handhelds, no nothing else?

It has to be a mistake. Hope it won't be like this during E3 because Best Buy is not an option in Quebec for many titles.

So Amazon is only offering select PS4 titles for 20% off? No X1, no handhelds, no nothing else?

It has to be a mistake. Hope it won't be like this during E3 because Best Buy is not an option in Quebec for many titles.

In my case it's for all the titles I would be interested in...

Amazon really dropped the ball on this one...

It really looks like they didn't finish setting up the promo and said fuck it that's fine.

killroy87

I really can't wait for the dollar to get better, so actual deals can come back, so the conversation in this thread can stop revolving around Amazon escapades.

There seems to have become an overarching thread with everyone here (myself included sometimes) wanting to have their cake and eat it too. We like to prey on price mistakes, deal loopholes, and even uninformed customer service reps to get the lowest prices possible, when whine like children when we have to wait a few days for our games to arrive.

I totally understand why that's annoying, and probably shouldn't happen, but people don't like to face the reality that an alternate universe of Amazon having a glitch free system would probably mean, along with more consistent shipping speeds, would also mean a lot of the pricing fuck ups that we've come to love would go away.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Got my stick today, and like the RB guitar it looks like they just got pallets of prepacked MadCatz boxes and just slapped their own shipping label on them.

Also, word of warning, but the box is humongous so if you miss the package and have to go pick it up yourself...

Got my stick today, and like the RB guitar it looks like they just got pallets of prepacked MadCatz boxes and just slapped their own shipping label on them.

Also, word of warning, but the box is humongous so if you miss the package and have to go pick it up yourself...

I can back that up. When I got my TE2 last year I was incredibly impressed with how well it was packaged.

Luigi87

My Amazon.ca order of Fire Emblem SE is preparing to ship.

No charge for me for that or my stick.

Of course I'm already prepared to not be getting either this week. I'll be focusing on other stuff, etc., lol

Already played through (and beat) Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion each for the first time this week! Fantastic games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom