• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming "Deals" and Discussion Thread 6: Sorry, We Can't Afford a New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After I cancelled, it took me over 5 minutes to see the copy show up (I was F5ing for anxiety). It wasn't until I went through the process and got my confirmation email that I got a cancellation email for the old order.

FIVE MINUTES!! That's 5$ of savings per anxiety minutes!

Anyone having issues on Bestbuy with getting Night of Azure (PS4) to get the 20% off? It says it has the deal but it isn't working.. guess I'll just wait a bit

Edit: It works if you have 2 copies of the same game in, but not one. hahah

Anyone having issues on Bestbuy with getting Night of Azure (PS4) to get the 20% off? It says it has the deal but it isn't working.. guess I'll just wait a bit

Edit: It works if you have 2 copies of the same game in, but not one. hahah

Including Nights of Azure, do you have an odd number of games in your order? Apparently the BB deal only applies in pairs, i.e. if you have three games, the 20% off only applies to one pair.

Yeah... just realized that it's $69.99 here. Dunno why I thought it was $59.99. Can't believe that I can't get my copy shipped when I pre-ordered so long ago. This isn't the first time I've had shipping problems with Amazon Canada, too; makes me want to avoid dealing with them for this stuff.

So now I either wait or cancel it and pay $70 for SFV. Ugh.

Wow. It was $59.99 this morning. A few gaf members (myself included) was able to contact Sony and get a $10 credit back. It must have truly been a pricing error and they fixed it up quite quick.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I love Amazon. I tried cancelling KH2.8 that was part of a previous x% off deal that had already shipped the other game. The website gives me a notification that I can't because the second game already shipped and that I should contact a CSR. I grab my phone and cancel KH2.8 without a problem on their app. :lol

ovii

still waiting for shipment notification for my fightstick.

Also, major regret for not picking up that SFV pre-order last night. Watching streams of the Chun-Li skin isn't helping.

I need some advice CanadaGAF. I don't know if I should purchase the Fallout 4 season pass or not. It's $40 right now, so theoretically it will increase to at least $65 on March 1. I like Fallout 4, but I haven't felt compelled to play it recently. Plus I've only played it for 44 hours. Is there enough content in the game to last me a while longer, or should I splurge and pick up the pass before the price increases?

ohlawd

After I cancelled, it took me over 5 minutes to see the copy show up (I was F5ing for anxiety). It wasn't until I went through the process and got my confirmation email that I got a cancellation email for the old order.
nope

I don't have the balls to do this lol

Just cancelled an order for Nintendo 3DS Pokemon 20th Anniversary Edition on ebgames. Not sure how long it'll take to go back into stock but if anyone wants to start f5ing.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I called Best Buy and had no problem having a 20% discount applied to my Fire Emblem and Bravely Second special edition pre-orders.

Thanks for the info. Sent them an e-mail, but now I'm sure they'll manage to somehow cancel my order instead of applying the discount.

Renewed

CSR seems to be a YMMV case. I remember the last time I called, it was to have a 30% off deal applied to my XenobladeX SE (which I ended up returning anyways) and they said it was an exception. Don't go doing what I did there with reordering too. It's a gamble for sure and for the brave.

FrsDvl

I recommend using Memory Express or NCIX to price match everything then having them build it for $50 if you don't wanna spend the time to do it yourself.

Thanks, I'll probably go to memory express then. I can probably put it together myself, but rather pay 50 incase I do mess it up.

Sora_N

I called Best Buy and had no problem having a 20% discount applied to my Fire Emblem and Bravely Second special edition pre-orders.

Jesus Christ. I wish I had time to do this but itst unlikely that I could call by the time it's out.

They aren't supposed to do that though. You got lucky.

Strongly considering cancelling my $60 minus 30% Street Fighter V preorder from Amazon while I still can and using a $20 BB certificate in the morning. This 10 day delay is kinda nuts.

kevin1025

Banned
Called amazon asking if I could add the 20% discount on pre-orders I already made, they said no :/.

Yeah, I contacted them earlier about games that are for pre-order but not on the list (Lego Star Wars and Valkyria Chronicles), and they said if it wasn't on the list, it didn't count toward the promotion. They seem stingy on this deal this time.

Ondore

Note: Best Buy had the Sega 3D Classics Collection at $44.99 earlier, but it's now showing $39.99 before the 20%. Might want to reorder that.

So Amazon are sending the pre-order code for SFV after they charge you? Meaning no DLC code for days if they delay shipping? Would really like to trade my Bison for a Cammy while people have not redeemed their codes... :/

Rbk_3

Question does any one know re: the koodo $48 5gb sask/man plan, can you sign up for this on the tab?

My friend wants to do the 5s $15 a month tab. So can he follow the steps, which would add $15 to his plan making it $63 a month, then in 24 months the $15 will come off and he will only pay the $48?

Interesting. I tried to combine two Amazon orders and two CSR's told me it's absolutely not possible anymore. Apparently as of Jan. 2016 it changed. Weren't people combining orders to get discounts to stack? Bet this change is in response to that.

Interesting. I tried to combine two Amazon orders and two CSR's told me it's absolutely not possible anymore. Apparently as of Jan. 2016 it changed. Weren't people combining orders to get discounts to stack? Bet this change is in response to that.

The Fularu rule is now in effect.

i'm kidding! haha

but seriously, ask a 3rd CSR

The Fularu rule is now in effect.

i'm kidding! haha

but seriously, ask a 3rd CSR

Haha I've had success getting things by asking multiple CSR's in the past too. But I actually really do think they have changed a policy in this case to prevent what people were doing to exploit the discounts. I challenge anyone to successfully combine two orders :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom