• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming "Deals" and Discussion Thread 6: Sorry, We Can't Afford a New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the earlier replies guys. EBgames offered $50 for my slim 120gb PS3, which I guess goes up to $60 with the PS3 games I'd trade in + that new gamer card thing they have.

Best bet I guess would be to sell it on Kijiji. How much do you guys think I could get for that PS3, + games like TLOU, Skyrim, MGS4, GTA V, Mass Effect 3, and a few older sports games?

Thanks for the earlier replies guys. EBgames offered $50 for my slim 120gb PS3, which I guess goes up to $60 with the PS3 games I'd trade in + that new gamer card thing they have.

Best bet I guess would be to sell it on Kijiji. How much do you guys think I could get for that PS3, + games like TLOU, Skyrim, MGS4, GTA V, Mass Effect 3, and a few older sports games?

More than 60$ probably...120$?

kevin1025

Banned
Amazon really dropped the ball on this one...

It really looks like they didn't finish setting up the promo and said fuck it that's fine.

When I contacted them yesterday that's what it felt like, they said that whatever was on the list is what was included. But for an hour or two when it went live the promo was on every pre-order page, so I guess they just shrugged and left it as is.

khaaan

My Amazon.ca order of Fire Emblem SE is preparing to ship.

Meanwhile my normal pleb edition self will have to wait a bit.

T5mbGwb.png

Smo21

I'll give you $61 :p

But yeah like 120 or around there.

FrsDvl

Is there any word on how much The Division season pass is going to cost here? Trying to figure out if I'm better off pre ordering the gold edition with 20% off, or keep my standard edition with 30% off and buy the season pass seperate. $103 vs $48..

F4r0_Atak

Is there any word on how much The Division season pass is going to cost here? Trying to figure out if I'm better off pre ordering the gold edition with 20% off, or keep my standard edition with 30% off and buy the season pass seperate. $103 vs $48..

Still can't wrap my head around the fact that Collector's Editions, Special Editions, Gold Editions (whatever) doesn't INCLUDE a season pass.

killroy87

PSN currently has it at $49.

I got the Gold Edition at EB last week (the one that comes with the Season Pass) because they had that 40% extra credit deal.

FrsDvl

Still can't wrap my head around the fact that Collector's Editions, Special Editions, Gold Editions (whatever) doesn't INCLUDE a season pass.

The division does, just don't know if it would be cheaper to get gold, or standard + season pass.

PSN currently has it at $49.

I got the Gold Edition at EB last week (the one that comes with the Season Pass) because they had that 40% extra credit deal.

Ok, that's probably what it'll be on Xb1 too then, since it's 39,99 in the US. I guess it's a few dollars cheaper to get it seperate.

Guess this is a deal, Uncharted Drake Collection for around $30, basically $10 each game

http://gamedealdaily.com/playstation-4/uncharted-the-nathan-drake-collection-full-game-download/

Wait. Is that digital? Trusted site?

EDIT: forget the first quesiton.

The division does, just don't know if it would be cheaper to get gold, or standard + season pass.

Ah ok. I have the Gold Edition from amazon with the 30% discount and the Standard Edition on a separate order with the double 30%. Really wish that was the other way around. Not sure if I'll keep either. Loved the beta. But with so many games, and so little time, I could probably hold off for a GOTY edition.

ovii

Longshot but I might as well try. Anyone have a bravely second CE preorder they don't want and going to cancel? Send me a PM.

They also have Xbox One games and some handheld games. There is about 12 pages worth of games (not all of them are eligible for the 20% off promo)...

https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=lp_3234211_pg_2?rh=n:3234211&page=2&ie=UTF8&qid=1455727053

This is the list of eligible games. Xbox One and PC versions of those games do seem to be eligible, but otherwise the original poster was correct: most games are not eligible and there are no handheld titles in the promo. Some titles even have certain SKUs that are not eligible, due to the weird way Amazon groups some games (ex. Overwatch PC is not eligible even though PS4/XB1 are).

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Just placed preorders for Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator and Zero Escape 3. Warm and fuzzy feelings.

Half of Canada Gaf is suddenly "moving"

Won't lie, I totally considered that for a moment before laughing and saying this exact thing. I still have games to play (Still on chapter 2 in Rabi-Ribi since I've just been exploring the map and collecting all the things), so I'm in no rush for the SE to arrive. Hell, if it misses Friday I'll probably be able to get shipping written off or a discount, so part of me wants it to miss.

So I got my copy of Project X Zone 2 but Street Fighter still hasn't shipped, but what's funny is Amazon still claims that Street Fighter will arrive on February 16 by 8 pm lol. My fight stick shipped too so the only thing I'm waiting on that was supposed to come yesterday is Street Fighter. Wish they would at least give me a new estimate on when I'll be getting it, kind of tempted to just cancel it and buy somewhere else.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
this reminds me I got an Amazon.com order of ZE3 with the watch. $55 USD with shipping. about $75 CAD ;_;
Me too, but once I receive the copy from Amazon CA I'm returning it to Amazon US. I really want that watch and it's BS that Canada doesn't get the preorder bonus.

ohlawd

Me too, but once I receive the copy from Amazon CA I'm returning it to Amazon US. I really want that watch and it's BS that Canada doesn't get the preorder bonus.
will that work? if you decide to return, wont .com expect both the game and watch (huehue)

fake edit: oh wait maybe not when it's a pre order bonus

Luigi87

Hm, hopefully the UPC is the same.
I only say this since in Canada the case will have English/French on it, unlike the US which will be just English.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom