• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

farisr

Tbh the HDD sales interest me more than the game sales...
Yeah, definitely interested in a portable one for my XB1S. Kicking myself for going for the 500GB. Especially since I subscribed to EA access. I connected up a 1TB external SSD temporarily when I wanted to play recore, and it ended up being there permanenetly due to needing space and not having any other spare external drive. Want it connected back up to my comp again. Not noticing a big enough difference in load times to keep the ssd connected to the XB1S instead of my PC.

bbd23

still waiting to jump on a PS4 I guess. idk why i expected a bit cheaper.

horizon bundle by next black friday :p

kevin1025

Banned
Since I've basically gone PC only, I hope some of those prices translate over in some way (mainly Battlefield 1 and the COD Legacy pack, since I play the COD games for the campaigns). I might end up picking up Mafia III for $50 at Best Buy, though, I doubt the winter sale will hit that price.

trixx

SO uh should I return my Battlefield 1 (s) console? I got Infinitie warfare and all 4 gears games with it for $450+ tax.

I don't know if I should just get the $299 xbox and get external hard drive.. maybe not I like green

kevin1025

Banned
Ok, two questions:

How is Doom on PS4, with a controller?

Does Titanfall 2 have a healthy PS4 community?

DOOM on PS4 is awesome, it is a ton of fun with a controller. I loved the hell out of that experience. I imagine keyboard and mouse are the optimal time for that game, but I had a blast on controller and it plays great!

zroid

Banned
Costco had it with a $5 eshop card and digital code for Super Mario Bros for $47.99. Probably the most on-sale it'll be for a while, other than Amazon Prime.

man if i'd known that i actually might have got it from Costco :lol

mdubs

Banned
This might be better than the Best Buy deal when the $50 code is factored in
199c86b656.jpg

Damn, that's worse than what I was hoping for from Best Buy :( I don't want a 1TB XB1 S nor do I want NHL 17 so that's a useless bundle to me. Then they made the 500GB bundle $299 which is great, but WTF is up with the color?? And it's just Halo 5 (not even MCC too)? Fuck. I have store credit at Best Buy so I really needed something good from them. Looks like I'll sadly pass on the XB1 S. Would've been my first ever Xbox.

Stage On

Since some fairly recent releases are getting dropped to $50 for Black Friday I'm hoping that Sword Art Online Hollow Realization will be one of them!

I also wonder how cheap the Witcher 3 complete edition will be going for.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Damn, that's worse than what I was hoping for from Best Buy :( I don't want a 1TB XB1 S nor do I want NHL 17 so that's a useless bundle to me. Then they made the 500GB bundle $299 which is great, but WTF is up with the color and it's just Halo 5 (Not even MCC too)?? Fuck. I have store credit at Best Buy so I really needed something good from them. Looks like I'll sadly pass on the XB1 S. Would've been my first ever Xbox.
Maybe Best Buy sells Microsoft Store gift cards?

Maybe Best Buy sells Microsoft Store gift cards?

Maybe, but the store credit was how I was going to justify the console price. I already have a PS4 Pro and I've never had a 2nd console so this would very much be dependent on price to be worth it. $299 for a white 500GB console, Halo 5, and MCC would have gotten it done. My store credit is $50.

Maybe I should be waiting for the Scorpio anyway but I have a feeling that thing will be $500 CAD next fall. So $200 more plus tax and no game is a lot. Not to mention I'm still going to play third party games on PS4/PSN so Xbox would purely be a single player exclusives box for me.

Since some fairly recent releases are getting dropped to $50 for Black Friday I'm hoping that Sword Art Online Hollow Realization will be one of them!

I also wonder how cheap the Witcher 3 complete edition will be going for.

Please, I've been holding out.

daftstar

Kinda disappointed with BestBuy's deals as I was hoping for more recent games in the $40 range. Titanfall 2 is $35 in the US which makes it $45 here but they rounded it off to $50..

It's interesting how Walmart in the US has it cheaper at $27 too. Maybe Walmart here will have better prices on games?

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I need (want) one of those mini pcs or a raspberry pi deal. Any whispers of that?

from BB black friday

Samsung 55" 4K Ultra HD HDR LED Tizen Smart TV - $899.99 (regularly $1299.99)

ok i might jump on this, great for gaming and watching movies right?

UberTag

Pulled the trigger on that Public Mobile deal last night.
It's such a breath of fresh air being back on the Telus network again after a little over a year on Wind.
I can actually make calls from inside my apartment again.

Ok, two questions:

How is Doom on PS4, with a controller?

Does Titanfall 2 have a healthy PS4 community?

I always always buy FPS on xbox1 cuz of controller preference. Doom I ended up on PS4 for reasons I wont get into, but it really did play perfectly fine and was my GOTY!

jet1911

Maybe, but the store credit was how I was going to justify the console price. I already have a PS4 Pro and I've never had a 2nd console so this would very much be dependent on price to be worth it. $299 for a white 500GB console, Halo 5, and MCC would have gotten it done. My store credit is $50.

Maybe I should be waiting for the Scorpio anyway but I have a feeling that thing will be $500 CAD next fall. So $200 more plus tax and no game is a lot. Not to mention I'm still going to play third party games on PS4/PSN so Xbox would purely be a single player exclusives box for me.

You can buy MCC for like 12$ on cdkeys.

Clive

Any word on the actual price on Fallout 4, Dark Souls III and Batman: Arkham Knight? "Save up to $25" could mean a lot of different things. Been waiting for Batman to go sub-$20.

Edit: at Best Buy.

Proc

I am flirting with buying the following:

Already owned on PC:
Skyrim
Battlefield 1
Bioshock

No time to play:
Mafia 3

Would love to buy for campaign but deal not that great when you compare to digital price:
CoD IW legacy.

IkarosReve

Neo Member
Do I'm planning on getting GoW4 for blackfriday. I want to play it on the PC but don't have a Xbox. Does the retail copy come with a code for PC activation, or do you need a Xbox to activate it for your account?

etta

my hard graphic balls
Do I'm planning on getting GoW4 for blackfriday. I want to play it on the PC but don't have a Xbox. Does the retail copy come with a code for PC activation, or do you need a Xbox to activate it for your account?
Cross-buy only works with digital titles, when will people get this?

It can't work with physical because then the disc could be sold while digital PC key be used.

IkarosReve

Neo Member
Cross-buy only works with digital titles, when will people get this?

It can't work with physical because then the disc could be sold while digital PC key be used.

Well that sucks. I thought I heard something about a code being in the box

m23

Well that sucks. I thought I heard something about a code being in the box

The retail version comes with codes for Gears 1- Judgement which are playable on xbone.

I think Gears 4 will be on sale digitally on Xbox store which should give you the PC version as well.

killroy87

People are disappointed with the BB Black Friday ad? I think it's pretty good, actually. Almost every new release (excpet Watch Dogs and Dishonored, unless I'm blind) is discounted to some degree. And some of them, like Skyrim and Skylanders, are on pretty heavy discounts.

I'll be grabbing Skyrim, DOOM, and possibly Skylanders.

N° 2048

More shit deals for us Canadians.

Those games will all be $25/$30 on Kijiji early next year due to the Q1 influx of games.

kevin1025

Banned
People are disappointed with the BB Black Friday ad? I think it's pretty good, actually. Almost every new release (excpet Watch Dogs and Dishonored, unless I'm blind) is discounted to some degree. And some of them, like Skyrim and Skylanders, are on pretty heavy discounts.

I'll be grabbing Skyrim, DOOM, and possibly Skylanders.

Last year it felt like a lot more games hit the $30 mark than the $40-50 one that they do this year. But at the same time, I think that a lot of these games have really good prices if Amazon and Best Buy E3 deals didn't have you covered!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom