• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxism

People are disappointed with the BB Black Friday ad? I think it's pretty good, actually. Almost every new release (excpet Watch Dogs and Dishonored, unless I'm blind) is discounted to some degree. And some of them, like Skyrim and Skylanders, are on pretty heavy discounts.

I'll be grabbing Skyrim, DOOM, and possibly Skylanders.
Too much expectation. That's how the thread was before this flyer/s coming out.

krae_man

The biggest problem with the black friday "deals" are they are basically just regular prices from last year or two

Regardless of how good a deal is, I can't shake that mindset.

Oneself

The biggest problem with the black friday "deals" are they are basically just regular prices from last year or two

Yep, and with the preorder deals we get every E3, it's not worth the wait.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Oh shiieeeeettt, Bell Fibe TV works with an Apple TV now?!?!?
Apparently you can use it instead of a secondary/wireless receiver. God damn it, I don't need more shit taking up HDMI slots.

In a way it kinda makes sense because I have an iPhone and iPad, all my music and digital movies and TV shows are on iTunes, but if I get the Sony TV, that comes with Android TV which I will probably only use for Netflix, or use the Xbox for the 4K Netflix... . Then I have a PlayStation coming in, and my PC will also need to be connected to a 4K/HDR/4:4:4 port. PC is already being used for iTunes stuff making the Apple TV kinda redundant, but it's a slightly worse experience than the Apple TV due to the UI. Fuck.

Anyone here have an Apple TV on top of their PlayStation/Xbox/PC? Do you recommend it? Or does it add too much hassle and redundancy?

Edit: Oh hmmmm, I could plug the Apple TV into the Xbox via HDMI IN, eliminating the need for an HDMI port.

Moltenix

Damn, as a new PS4 owner, I was hoping we would see some deals on older PS4 games (Ratchet, Uncharted, Bloodborne, etc)

Looks like BB deals are mostly just new releases. Hopefully EB pulls through or at least the PSN BF sale.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
People are disappointed with the BB Black Friday ad? I think it's pretty good, actually. Almost every new release (excpet Watch Dogs and Dishonored, unless I'm blind) is discounted to some degree. And some of them, like Skyrim and Skylanders, are on pretty heavy discounts.

I'll be grabbing Skyrim, DOOM, and possibly Skylanders.
Arguably, if the expectation is that there is simply the mere presence of some sort of discount, I would say that those expectations are too low for Black Friday of all things.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Omg I'm gonna need an HDMI port for the Switch as well...
God fucking damnit 4 ports ain't enough.

grumble

Fair, but the world has changed and we need to face up to our dependence on imports and our weak currency. I'd be thrilled if we produced more at home, but electronic production likely won't be here in scale any time soon. The economics just don't work.

Omg I'm gonna need an HDMI port for the Switch as well...
God fucking damnit 4 ports ain't enough.
im gonna need to buy a bigger switch, my two 3-1 switches already full and i have to have my roku stick plugged directly into the tv since the hdcp on the stick doesnt work with my switches

etta

my hard graphic balls
Uh just buy an HDMI switch.

This is the one I own:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B005OZMOKU/
Don't these things add latency and/or degrade the signal?
I don't think my subconscious would let me use this, it would eat away at me that it might degrade the picture just a tiny bit or add extra lag.
im gonna need to buy a bigger switch, my two 3-1 switches already full and i have to have my roku stick plugged directly into the tv since the hdcp on the stick doesnt work with my switches
Yea and there's the situation of HDCP 2.2 as well right? Netflix or iTunes would probably flip.

I don't think my subconscious would let me use this, it would eat away at me that it might degrade the picture just a tiny bit or add extra lag.

i've been using 2 switches and have no issues with degrading picture or lag, just make sure to use high quality hdmi cables for output

SickBoy

Uh just buy an HDMI switch.

This is the one I own:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B005OZMOKU/

I bought this one for my HDMI-limited secondary TV (it's an LG that I otherwise quite like): http://ca.camelcamelcamel.com/HDMI-...-Compatible/product/B00TO9LIRM?context=browse

I got it while it was on one of those price dips. I'm sure it's not the greatest out there, but it's served my needs. Anyway, I guess what I'm suggesting is maybe you should keep an eye on it for it to fall if your need isn't urgent.

antibolo

Banned

My PS3 and PS4 go through both this switch and my home theater amp. There is no noticeable lag, I play Miku games with no lag adjustment.

killroy87

Arguably, if the expectation is that there is simply the mere presence of some sort of discount, I would say that those expectations are too low for Black Friday of all things.

I mean, black Friday deals are still relatively new for us. That's not a thing here, so I don't ever put much expectation on it. It's not like the US really adopts Boxing Day the way we did black Friday.

kevin1025

Banned
I was hoping for Tomb Raider to bomb more, since it's 30 on Steam right now. Oh well, I can wait.

They switched the original release out with the 20th Anniversary edition, so it only went 50% this time since it's still slightly new. You can grab it for a little less on CDKeys, I believe!

sikkinixx

That's a long ass flyer.

Nothing for me. I was tempted by the COD deal so I could play MW but It was the same price (if not a couple bucks cheaper?) with the pre-order Prime discount. Skyrim is a $30 max game since I have already played it. And with FFXV coming (thanks $37 amazon deal) and then Last Guardian I probably shouldn't buy shit until Boxing Day at the earliest.

No Apple Watch deals is super lame, as are the crappy ass video cards deals. Was hoping to use my gift cards for one or the other.

Ryde3

That's a long ass flyer.

Nothing for me. I was tempted by the COD deal so I could play MW but It was the same price (if not a couple bucks cheaper?) with the pre-order Prime discount. Skyrim is a $30 max game since I have already played it. And with FFXV coming (thanks $37 amazon deal) and then Last Guardian I probably shouldn't buy shit until Boxing Day at the earliest.

No Apple Watch deals is super lame, as are the crappy ass video cards deals. Was hoping to use my gift cards for one or the other.

Ya COD intrigues me for COD4 - Prime had it at 93$ I think so this is better.

NBA 2K17 for 40$ is my only must buy atm. I want to double dip on BF1 on PS4, but I will wait for the next price drop.

Did anyone manage to get an Electabuzz promo card from Toys R Us? My local store has boxes of collector's albums, posterz, and even Charmander cards but not Electabuzz's.

kennah

Did anyone manage to get an Electabuzz promo card from Toys R Us? My local store has boxes of collector's albums, posterz, and even Charmander cards but not Electabuzz's.

I got one, but it looked like they didn't have very many at all. Was first in line on Saturday.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They switched the original release out with the 20th Anniversary edition, so it only went 50% this time since it's still slightly new. You can grab it for a little less on CDKeys, I believe!
Is it cheaper to do CDKeys + Season pass than it is to get the new version directly?

Hrm, they don't seem to have the original anymore.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Any phone deals?

Was waiting on black Friday before finally upgrading from my Nexus 5, and the power button is now sticking sometimes.

Where's the best place to buy lots of boxers (I don't care what brand or make, so long as they're comfortable and loose, and not athletic) for a good price? A lot of my underwear is really old and falling apart, and I'm not a huge fan of the newer stuff I've gotten.

Big Chungus

Where's the best place to buy lots of boxers (I don't care what brand or make, so long as they're comfortable and loose, and not athletic) for a good price? A lot of my underwear is really old and falling apart, and I'm not a huge fan of the newer stuff I've gotten.

walmart?

etta

my hard graphic balls
yeah it was the pre-boxing day deal yesterday. 9% off (6 plus 3 w/ promo code). With a 20$ mail in voucher from ASUS.
Oh, so basically $50 off at the most.

Any phone deals?

Was waiting on black Friday before finally upgrading from my Nexus 5, and the power button is now sticking sometimes.
Yea I'm waiting to see what Telus offers as well. Best Buy has a Telus thing for $250 iPhone 7 (down from $400), but they don't say if the 2 year contract needs to be $90/mo or $80/mo is the minimum.
I assume because it's down from $400, it's the $80/mo one.

kevin1025

Banned
Is it cheaper to do CDKeys + Season pass than it is to get the new version directly?

Hrm, they don't seem to have the original anymore.

Ah, the price seemed to fluctuate again. The 20th Anniversary one was $31 a day or two back. I guess the Steam version is the best way to go, especially with card money. I imagine during the summer sale it'll hit $20.

iiicon

Costco and Winners are usually where I buy my socks and underwear.

I honestly haven't been impressed with their selection or prices, but will look again today. I didn't realize they were as expensive (relatively speaking) as they are.

I got socks there, and ended up getting them free because when I went to the cash I asked how much they were and she scanned them to show me the price, then forgot to scan them again to add them to my bill.

I didn't notice until I got home and looked at the bill, and by that point I was 20 minutes away and didn't think it was worth going back. (Well, I posted about it and decided that.)

Costco and Winners are usually where I buy my socks and underwear.

Maybe I'll check Winner's. I don't have a Costco membership, but I guess I could go with my friend or family members someday.

Endy MacK

1500 pieces of classic Lego for $40 at WalMart.

I've been watching these sets for a while in various sizes, and this is the cheapest per piece that I've ever seen. They seem to be going fast, though.

InjnBBv.jpg

No_Style

Too much expectation. That's how the thread was before this flyer/s coming out.

Only newcomers or those poor memories are disappointed. I tried to do my part to temper expectations though :p

Skyrim remastered and Xenoverse 2 are surprises for me.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ah, the price seemed to fluctuate again. The 20th Anniversary one was $31 a day or two back. I guess the Steam version is the best way to go, especially with card money. I imagine during the summer sale it'll hit $20.
I feel bad because I still have my Xbone copy sealed. lol
Maybe I should just wait on it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom