• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

No_Style

These PS4 sales are the same or worse than last year.
So horrible...

Still no PS4 for me in 2017. ;_;

Another example of horrible memory.

Last year, you had the following:

Excluding that fantastic Shoppers Drug Mart offer ending today, you have a PS4 Black Friday offer that has never been lower in Canada at $329.99 and it's a bundle that includes a quality $79.99 title released in 2016. So unless you value remasters and the older revision of the PS4 more, I cannot see how it was better last year.

Edit: I don't mean to come off as an asshole about it, it's just that rose tinted glasses seem to just ruin these threads annually and I'm trying to help calibrate expectations.

Endy MacK

damn wish I had seen this earliler. None at any Walmart's near me and sold out online

I know :(

I drove 30 minutes out of town to get two today. My local Walmart sold out too fast for me.

I would keep checking your local stock through the week, though.

Debating on whether to get the Sun and Moon dualpack or just Sun. I'll probably go with just Sun, though, because I doubt I'll get playing through both versions of the same game with how many are in my backlog already.

That 200 Pokeballs code caught my eye, but then again it's a cheat and they're easy to get in game.

whitehawk

Banned
Debating on whether to get the Sun and Moon dualpack or just Sun. I'll probably go with just Sun, though, because I doubt I'll get playing through both versions of the same game with how many are in my backlog already.

That 200 Pokeballs code caught my eye, but then again it's a cheat and they're easy to get in game.
Don't get both. They are the same game 99.9% of the time. The two versions started as a way to encourage trading and multiplayer, that's it. Nintendo never intended people to buy both.

Haines

Banned
Yeah. Counts with the 500GB Mincraft bundle ($379) or 1TB Gears 4 bundle ($389).

Yup just nabbed it at walmart with a 15x points multipliar on the shoppers card as well.

Now i need to figure out how to transfer xbox data

Also need yo figure out if it makes more sense to sell my used gears or the code

baconcow

Anyone figured out the best xb1 s deal?

Really want to swap out my elite

Unless you get lucky enough to appky 20x, 15k points, and 100 gift card, at SDM, I thimk the Microsoft Store deal is best.

Xbox One S 500GB/1TB/2TB
- $50 MS store credit.
- $60-70 off, depending on the bundle.
- Bundles have games, including Gears of War 4 with Gears 1, 2, 3, and Judgement Xbox 360 bundle or another bundle with Halo 5 with Halo MCC. There are more bundles.
- Plus one other free game from a list. Includes The Division, Gears Remastered, and some others.

Edit: The Shoppers one might be better it is a bundle and not the standalone combo.

Don't get both. They are the same game 99.9% of the time. The two versions started as a way to encourage trading and multiplayer, that's it. Nintendo never intended people to buy both.

Good point

I was considering it, but don't think I will. It makes no sense to do so.

Haines

Banned
Maybe I will throw gears code in with selling my used xbox to up its resale value

Anyone know what a used elite (1tb) and gears 4 code is worth?

I'll try checking some prices on kijiji

farisr

How are the Vizio's from Costco? I have access to a membership.

Does Costco do Black Friday sales?
The 2016 P series is terrific. Unless you consider a ~45ms input lag in HDR unplayable. There is fast non-HDR HDMI port with an input lag of 19ms as well.

I've been gaming on it for a few days now (in HDR) and have had no issues whatsoever. The black levels are terrific due to it being a full array backlit system, as opposed to the more common edge-lit stuff, can't even tell it's on sometimes, when there's a black screen. Has Dolby Vision (which requires hardware, so can't be patched in for other TVs that don't have it already) as well so basically when you have the option, you'll get even better HDR than usual in movies & tv shows.

If you're not super sensitive to input lag, it's a definitely one of the best options available at this time. It won out over the KS8000 for me.

baconcow

Maybe I will throw gears code in with selling my used xbox to up its resale value

Anyone know what a used elite (1tb) and gears 4 code is worth?

I'll try checking some prices on kijiji

On the BST thread, it has been going for $35-40 USD, a few weeks ago. Bets to check there for current pricing.

Moltenix

Anyone spot any good deals on routers (either now or for BF)?

Current one is from like 7 years ago and range and speed starting to feel sketchy. What brands/models should I be looking for these days?

kevin1025

Banned
Returned my copy of Watchdogs 2 that I got for $49, FFXV is out next week and still have TF2 to play, so little time!

Open up Titanfall 2, and you're set for a while. It's all I've played since I got it a couple of days back!

Anyone spot any good deals on routers (either now or for BF)?

Current one is from like 7 years ago and range and speed starting to feel sketchy.

The Best Buy Black Friday flyer had a whole page of routers, if I'm remembering right!

http://www.redflagdeals.com/flyers/best-buy/weekly-black-friday-sale-nov-25-to-dec-01-2016-77426/#

Page 50 of the flyer!

Tapejara

Totally forgot about the Public Mobile deal. Guess I'll just wait and see if they have another promotion soon.

Don't waste that kind of money on Mafia III.

I can put up with some rote gameplay if it's for a well written story, which I hear Mafia III has.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Totally forgot about the Public Mobile deal. Guess I'll just wait and see if they have another promotion soon.

I can put up with some rote gameplay if it's for a well written story, which I hear Mafia III has.
The story goes way downhill after the amazing intro.

Mimosa97

Any good deals on wireless headsets for Black friday ?

I want the bose ones but they're at 450 which is way too expensive for me these days. Don't want to spend more than 200$.

I went with Moon, and got it with some of the credit I had from returning the blue controller and copy of Watch Dogs 2.

Reason being: It takes place at night. I prefer the legendary on the cover of Sun, but they're both psychic which I generally hate so I guess it doesn't matter.

chaosaeon

The 2016 P series is terrific. Unless you consider a ~45ms input lag in HDR unplayable. There is fast non-HDR HDMI port with an input lag of 19ms as well.

I've been gaming on it for a few days now (in HDR) and have had no issues whatsoever. The black levels are terrific due to it being a full array backlit system, as opposed to the more common edge-lit stuff, can't even tell it's on sometimes, when there's a black screen. Has Dolby Vision (which requires hardware, so can't be patched in for other TVs that don't have it already) as well so basically when you have the option, you'll get even better HDR than usual in movies & tv shows.

If you're not super sensitive to input lag, it's a definitely one of the best options available at this time. It won out over the KS8000 for me.

Which model do you have and what did you pay for it ?

farisr

Which model do you have and what did you pay for it ?
I have the 50 inch model, the P50-C1. It was on a sale ($100 off) at the end of last month. Bought it, and will price match if it goes on a better sale on Black Friday. In the end, it cost me $1513 after tax and environmental fee. Costco bumps up the 1 year manufacturer warranty to 2 years automatically at no extra cost. Don't need to be a member for that. No idea what benefits you'd be getting if you were a member though.

I got one, but it looked like they didn't have very many at all. Was first in line on Saturday.

Ah dang it, they probably changed their shipment considering the half dozen boxes still remaining from the Charmander cards. I'll check a different store.

Wtf there were albums too?

I got the card. They had a box of them.

Yep, Volume 2 to compliment the first one. My store had a ton so go back and double check.

The Black Friday N3DS won't be available at all until Friday, right? As in I can't buy it now then take my receipt in for a refund?

I figured.

I went to two Shoppers today (one for the post office to return the Book Depository order to sender and one to look at colouring books) and neither had Watch Dogs 2 or Battlefield. It didn't even look like they stocked 'em.

Maximus.

It sucks the dollar has gone down, but y'all need to let go of old prices. They will only go back to par with the USA if the economy eventually improves. These deals are hard to swallow, but in our economy it's a big discount.

N° 2048

It sucks the dollar has gone down, but y'all need to let go of old prices. They will only go back to par with the USA if the economy eventually improves. These deals are hard to swallow, but in our economy it's a big discount.

That's hilarious.

Xenoflare

Was the price parity back in early 2010s a rarity on it's own? My memory is shit so I can't remember the Canada vs US in game prices throughout history.

I do know that books have that cheeky label that says stuff like $14 in US, $22.50CAD

Lexxism

Improves? Isn't the reason why the $ is falling because US economy is finally recovering? I think having a weak US economy is better for Canada. At least to what I understand

etta

my hard graphic balls
Improves? Isn't the reason why the $ is falling because US economy is finally recovering? I think having a weak US economy is better for Canada. At least to what I understand

If Trump snips NAFTA then we'll be lucky to pay $149.99 CAD for a video game.
Like, 80%+ of our export is to the US. If that collapses, gg.

Maximus.

That's hilarious.

What's hilarious? The idea of the economy improving or prices coming down to what they used to be? Regardless, the point I was making is to let go of the prices we know from the past decade because those prices will not be coming back for probably a long time.

Not too sure to be honest, was just making a point that people are calling the deals this Black Friday as shit because they can't let go of the idea of old prices for games.

If Trump snips NAFTA then we'll be lucky to pay $149.99 CAD for a video game.
Like, 80%+ of our export is to the US. If that collapses, gg.

Yea I am aware of that being a real threat to our economy :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom