• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian PoliGAF - 42nd Parliament: Sunny Ways in Trudeaupia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why on earth would you put Pierre Poilievre as your Finance Critic? That's arguably the most visible critic position outside of leader, and Poilievre is a loathsome jerk who gets more grating and obnoxious the more you see him.

Though I guess if the goal is to make Scheer seem like a non-horrible person, that's one way to do it...

I'm down in Toronto for a few days, and sitting on the train I overheard a couple of sterotypical Conservatives: old, white, and ranting about the government. I ignored them when they were complaining about Toronto City Hall being run by the mafia, but after about five minutes of them bleating on about Khadr and "the homosexuals" (who apparently are linked) and the evils of al-Qaeda in Africa, I couldn't take it anymore. I told them that if they were going to be racist idiots, I'd appreciate if they would keep it down, and then I switched cars.

I don't know how people with racist/Conservative relatives put up with that stuff for extended periods of time. I'd be cutting off contact with family after a day.

CazTGG

I'm down in Toronto for a few days, and sitting on the train I overheard a couple of sterotypical Conservatives: old, white, and ranting about the government. I ignored them when they were complaining about Toronto City Hall being run by the mafia, but after about five minutes of them bleating on about Khadr and "the homosexuals" (who apparently are linked) and the evils of al-Qaeda in Africa, I couldn't take it anymore. I told them that if they were going to be racist idiots, I'd appreciate if they would keep it down, and then I switched cars.

I don't know how people with racist/Conservative relatives put up with that stuff for extended periods of time. I'd be cutting off contact with family after a day.

Honestly, it's like speaking to a brick wall when it comes to nuanced issues like the Khadr settlement, Pride funding or lack thereof to punish BLM TO for speaking up, carding or the process of legalization of marijuana (my father's response to the latter was "well why don't we just make guns legal while we're at it" and was pleased to hear Doug Ford is running because dear ol' Rob was a man of the people, something something told it like it is, something something it's all in the past). Even if you have the facts straight, they'll double down and/or bring up entirely unrelated subjects to shut down the conversation.

the Khadr issue isn't a closed and shut case.

He know wants conditions to be loosened so he can visit his crazy sister.

his sister never ever took back her comments about Al-Quada and the events surrounding her father's and brothers' fate.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...guantanamo-bail-court-sister-travel-1.4269149
Zaynab Khadr, 37, became a notorious figure in Canada after she made comments that appeared to support the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

She grew up in Canada and Pakistan, but now lives in Sudan, after spending time in Turkey, Malaysia, and Egypt. She has been married several times and recently had a fourth child, according to court documents.

She was born in Ottawa but was for some time unable to get a Canadian passport after frequently reporting hers lost.

Omar Khadr wrote that he wants to spend time with her when she visits Canada.
Zaynab Khadr is no angel, she never took back her comments about 9/11 and radicalism.

Omar should not be permitted to contact Zanayb nor wire her Tax Payer money from his *ahem* settlement.

----
a refresher on Zaynab's commentary while being interviewed by our CBC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRMQ7UCRu_c&feature=youtu.be&t=3m19s

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
the Khadr issue isn't a closed and shut case.

He know wants conditions to be loosened so he can visit his crazy sister.

his sister never ever took back her comments about Al-Quada and the events surrounding her father's and brothers' fate.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...guantanamo-bail-court-sister-travel-1.4269149

Zaynab Khadr is no angel, she never took back her comments about 9/11 and radicalism.

Omar should not be permitted to contact Zanayb nor wire her Tax Payer money from his *ahem* settlement.

----
a refresher on Zaynab's commentary while being interviewed by our CBC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRMQ7UCRu_c&feature=youtu.be&t=3m19s

So... He shouldn't be allowed to see his non criminal sister? She doesn't sound like the best, but what - he's gonna go see his sister and suddenly become the hulk?

So... He shouldn't be allowed to see his non criminal sister? She doesn't sound like the best, but what - he's gonna go see his sister and suddenly become the hulk?
She lived with the Khadr family while stationed in Pakistan and Afgnistan while the father was a financier for Al-quada.

As an adult in Pakistan during CBC's interview presented on PBS's Frontline: she was sympathetic to Al-quada!s side during 9/11 and spewed extremist comments. I linked the CBC/ PBS portion of her talking on interview.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
She lived with the Khadr family while stationed in Pakistan and Afgnistan while the father was a financier for Al-quada.

As an adult in Pakistan during CBC's interview presented on PBS's Frontline: she was sympathetic to Al-quada!s side during 9/11 and spewed extremist comments. I linked the CBC/ PBS portion of her talking on interview.

I don't even understand the implication here. She said terrible things in the past, and for all I know she still says and thinks terrible things.

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Is he not allowed to see anyone who has ever said or thinks terrible things? Not even family?

I don't even understand the implication here. She said terrible things in the past, and for all I know she still says and thinks terrible things.

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Is he not allowed to see anyone who has ever said or thinks terrible things? Not even family?
The issue is that he will share his tax payers "winnings" with a radicalized sibling who hasn't reformed nor retracted her on the record comments.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
The issue is that he will share his tax payers "winnings" with a radicalized sibling who hasn't reformed nor retracted her on the record comments.
So he'll share the money, money that is his now, not the government's, with good crazy family. And? Do you want to start a campaign to have him put this money in some smarter investments?

And like... Does he even need to physically be near how family to share his money with them? Couldn't he do that now if he wanted to?

So he'll share the money, money that is his now, not the government's, with good crazy family. And? Do you want to start a campaign to have him put this money in some smarter investments?

And like... Does he even need to physically be near how family to share his money with them? Couldn't he do that now if he wanted to?

and the Conservatives will use it against the Liberals which is a bad thing.

we don't want Conservatives to return

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia

So... We should tell Khadr to not see his sister because the conservatives will win? I don't know what your concern is here. I mean, I do, but you're tying yourself in knots here trying to not sound bad.

orochi91

Conservatives have no leg to stand on, considering the significant role they've played in Omar's mistreatment.

Unless Khadr starts funding or getting involved in extremist activities, there's no point in worrying about Liberal PR optics, especially this far out from the next Federal elections.

-__-

CazTGG

Vote Conservative: Traditional Family Values (Or Else We'll Tear Your Family Apart)!

If the Cons do get back in power, I can guarantee it won't be over Khadr's settlement or who he chooses to see/not see, regardless of how you personally feel about it.

Vote Conservative: Traditional Family Values (Or Else We'll Tear Your Family Apart)!

If the Cons do get back in power, I can guarantee it won't be over Khadr's settlement or who he chooses to see/not see, regardless of how you personally feel about it.

They'll offer tempting tax breaks. That's they get in.

That or Trudeau gets his own boondoggle between now and the next election.

you guys make fun of me, fine.

but tthere is nothing right about his family, sure he got off because he was a minor but if he were 2 years older, we wouldn't be havign this discussion

Sibylus

Banned
If he was the advice-taking sort, my advice to Ahab would have been a cold drink, a half-remembered handy, and a fucking hobby.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Literally dogwhistling. Nice.

His family is apparently quite radical and toxic, this is well documented.

However, I wish people would move on from the settlement. His Charter rights were violated regardless, so there was what amounts to a financial penalty. Time to move on. Talking about him only benefits the Conservatives by the way, as he's incredibly divisive for most Canadians.

gabbo

you guys make fun of me, fine.

but tthere is nothing right about his family, sure he got off because he was a minor but if he were 2 years older, we wouldn't be havign this discussion
But he wasnt then and never will have been, so we aren't.

If the Cons try to play this up, and im sure Scheer will beat this drum mercilessly, see if it works. I don't forsee the Cons suddenly picking up that huge NDP and Liberal disenfranchised bigot/islamaphobe voting block

CazTGG

CazTGG

It's not propaganda?

Don't be coy, you've pulled this JAQoff crap before in this thread and i'm having none of it. Even your post above lacks any sort of subtlety:
Expansion Pack said:
It's really disturbing. As is the media's apparent silence on the matter... Keep it civil, guys. :(

You'll forgive me if I don't have the patience to do this song and dance yet again, let alone give you the benefit of doubt for your intentions when posting that anti-antifa propaganda you linked to when it comes from a YouTube channel that posts videos about "feminazis" and whose "About" page on Facebook claims to want to destroy the media establishment while telling you the facts (I admit that my french isn't as good as it used to be but that's a rough translation.

EDIT:
Antifa are far-left and violent, yes.

Oh, you're back too, huh? Today must be our lucky day!

Moppeh

Banned
Is Antifa pronounced "anti-fa" or "an-tifa"?

I think it is supposed to be the former but the latter rolls off the tongue better and is often said as a result.

—----—----------

You are wasting your time, ExpansionPack. No one here wants to listen to your weird left-wing yet alt-right conspiratory rambling/transparent propagandizing of events.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Don't post videos from openly homophobic and racist YouTube channels. It doesn't matter if you think "the video speaks for itself". Absolutely disgusting.

La Meute are racist ehtno-nationaliste trash,.

the rise of the Far-Right is real and dangerous and some provincial parties (CAQ and PQ) are flirting with them for electoral gain.

ANTIFA serious seriously needs to stop using violence and disavow the Black bloc.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
ANTIFA serious seriously needs to stop using violence and disavow the Black bloc.

Pretty sure they are serious...this is what they're like, this is who they are and they're pretty open about it. They're a violent group on the opposite side of the political spectrum.

CazTGG

Pretty sure they are serious...this is what they're like, this is who they are and they're pretty open about it. They're a violent group on the opposite side of the political spectrum.

taylor-swift-reaction-face-6.gif

Remind me again how M-103 is the devil incarnate again?

EDIT: Wait, what are you guys talking about? What youtube channel? It's a facebook video!

I literally explained this in my second response to you.

But sure, keep JAQing off and see how that works.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Holy SHIT that video. Tons and tons of homophobic garbage, there's even fucking Gamergate shit there.

@ Expansion Pack: if you want to demonize antifas you're gonna have to find a better source, this is beyond tainted. That's assuming you're even posting in good faith, which I don't think anyone here believe (I sure don't).

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Oh please, spare me. His entire premise was that the media was silent on the Antifa violence, when it actually got plenty of coverage.

I'm not even a fan of the antifa. I don't even care much about their use of violence, but I hate how they frequently target the wrong people and how disorganized they are. But posting this one video, in the context that he did, from the source that he did, shows that he is not interested in discussing this issue in good faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom