• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| We Need To Go Cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonno394

Does this one fit your needs? The Special Edition has another ASIN code.

I've contacted Amazon. I see they haven't informed people about the removal of the bonus, but when you go to contact them about this specific item they advise you in a little blue box to order the Bayonetta Special Edition if you want parts 1 and 2 :lol:

Anyone had any luck getting a free upgrade to what we actually pre-ordered?

How great is that book?
It has a lot of info on the newer Zelda games but is really lacking in the older games. For those it reeks of teasing you (I believe there are more than 2 pages of the Link's Awakening storyboard lying around at Nintendo). I guess better to leave you wanting more than to disappoint.

I found the 32 page manga at the end to be a bit of filler (didn't help I tried reading it after Nausicaa*) but I guess it serves as the prequel Skyward Sword didn't need.

I personally paid a lot less (£4.68, got a used--acceptable copy) and have not really looked at the bulk of it (timeline I know but liked the disclaimer basically saying it was correct as print and Nintendo can do whatever they want)

*-The drawing quality of that is of course exceptional while the Hyrule Historia manga is your standard rate quickly made one.

zaphod79

If I buy the digital download version of Destiny through Amazon.com can I play it on my European (primary) account after redeeming and downloading through a US account?

I can confirm this works - purchased via Amazon.com digitally , redeemed on a US account on my PS4 and plays fine on my UK account on the same system

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Book Of Angels Bayonetta 1+2 for 65 EUR (+ postage)

see here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=129345845&postcount=1259

Good deal, but since shipping is €7 that makes it €72 which is "only" €3 less than my
Amazon.fr order shipped, I think I'll stick with that just 'cause google translate is giving me troubles when I go do the checkout and in the end Amazon gives me more confidence I'll def get a copy... which is worth €3 to me.

Very cool offer for germans (free shipping) and austrians (less than €4 shipping) tho, or even people wanting to use PayPal to pay.

Good deal, but since shipping is €7 that makes it €72 which is "only" €3 less than my
Amazon.fr order shipped, I think I'll stick with that just 'cause google translate is giving me troubles when I go do the checkout and in the end Amazon gives me more confidence I'll def get a copy... which is worth €3 to me.

Very cool offer for germans (free shipping) and austrians (less than €4 shipping) tho, or even people wanting to use PayPal to pay.

I expect many cancellations, they are not reliable when it comes to controlling their stock.

windfish

I expect many cancellations, they are not reliable when it comes to controlling their stock.

Well you can't order it anymore, maybe there really was just a certain number for preorderes available. Anyway I better wait a few days before messing with that usk 18 post identity stuff.

jimi_dini

Hmm, I ordered quite a few things from there. Some rare artbooks and also the Mario Kart 8 LE. It's a pain to cancel orders, but none of mine were cancelled by them.

EDIT: I actually just received an email stating that maybe they couldn't fulfill all orders, but they will fulfill them in order.

Well you can't order it anymore

Yep, it's also gone.

Xeno_V

Can anyone tell me what's the best price that I can get at the moment for PIkmin 3? It was cheap a few months ago, but I feel like prices have gone up since then.

jimi_dini

What do you think to it? I'm still reluctant after various people said it wasn't worth picking as the free game over game and wario or the olympics game in the mk8 promotion.

I have just played the first level and also the 2 bonus (free) DLC stages (zelda + yoshi).

Was quite fun, but I haven't formed an opinion yet. They definitely fixed one major issue - before the patch you didn't get any extra lives for collecting rings (which is a problem, especially the extra stages - people say that those are extremely difficult). They added that via patch, so not having enough lives isn't a problem anymore. What I saw was really polished, especially the bonus stages.

NHale

Finally some decent prices for next-gen games at launch:

PES 2015 (PS4 / XB1) - £34.95 with code 2355682

Surprised it launches in November though especially with the demo next week. Weird.

LAM09

Finally some decent prices for next-gen games at launch:

PES 2015 (PS4 / XB1) - £34.95 with code 2355682

Surprised it launches in November though especially with the demo next week. Weird.

Do Gameseek take the money out straight away, or not until they are about to post it?

Edit: The voucher code can't be used anymore.

solarus

UK gaffers I have a wonderful 101 eshop digital download code for the Wii U I'm selling for £15 through PayPal. PM me if interested :)
I was going to get a Wii u this year but I've decided to delay that until next year so its of no use to me.

Are you guys seeing these deals on Shop4world? They're all up on Savvygamer, the ones that have CLOUD5 as a voucher code. Some of the biggest games of the year in between thirty and forty quid. I just got Evil Within PS4 for £35.

Sakujou

Banned
What do you think to it? I'm still reluctant after various people said it wasn't worth picking as the free game over game and wario or the olympics game in the mk8 promotion.

yeah, i got it through the promotion of mk8 and it wasnt worth it. i dont have an internet connection in my dorm, so my stupid wii is asking everytime where the connection is. and that sonic game heavily relies on that. it sucks so much because it tries to constantly connect to the internet and it tells me everytime that it couldnt connect. also you cant play it with the wii u pro controller.

worst purchase and i bought an hdd only for this game :(

sega should give me my lost time back. other than that, the stages and level design are fine but as always gameplay feels awkwardish and not as awesome as a sonic game should feel like (sonic2+3+rush+adventure are the best sonic games ever made)

Yes.

S6Zfxpe.png

Are you guys seeing these deals on Shop4world? They're all up on Savvygamer, the ones that have CLOUD5 as a voucher code. Some of the biggest games of the year in between thirty and forty quid. I just got Evil Within PS4 for £35.

Woah, do you know if that code will work on Smash Bros 3DS?
On their site I can't seem to see what's eligible and don't wanna register for no reason.....

LAM09

Huh, doesn't seem to work for me - 'you must spend over £25 on selected products to apply this voucher'. Did it run out?

Edit: Just to confirm, this is Smash Bros 3DS I'm trying to use it on.

Yeah I can't get it either...
Tried adding over £100 of random stuff in other than Smash that aren't pre-orders and I get the same message :(

Not sure what has happened then. It worked for me and a few other people earlier on.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Cheap Arse Gaffer |OT3| They say we only use a fraction of our wallet's true potential.

Hasney

They prefer that threads don't since it's bad for the forum database or something AFAIK.

Yeah, my old VB based forum had a 100,000 replies topic that made it to 80,000 before slowing everything right the fuck down in there, and that was on a much less populated forum.

Hasney

Destiny £35

http://deals.simplygames.com/p/destiny-xbox-one

Not a good sign, dropping a tenner in price already

It's Simply Games, they try and make everything drop super quick. It was where I got my PS4 FIFA 14 from a week after the console launch for the same price.

If more retailers follow suit, I'll agree that they may have ordered too much stock in.

EDIT: Am laughing that the last-gen versions are more expensive now though.

Hasney

Not so sure. It's a massive game and all these retailers will have large stocks, so maybe we're just reaching the point where we're the bigger titles have a volume of sales allowing prices of £35/£40 around release - as it was with the previous consoles - instead of £45/£50+

Hopefully so, may actually start buying games from the UK again. Hoping some supermarkets go back to doing their FIFA launch deals too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom