• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| We Need To Go Cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

Yeah an upgrade ain't happening. They told me to cancel and order the special edition instead. They will not give you the apecial edition for those £32

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Of course... I'm in the uk. Thanks for the recommendation though!

Why "of course"?
Btw, then I think that base.com had the best price at one point but I dunno if that still applies today

They're still stalling. Customer services reps will say no Bayonetta 1 now because the product description has changed. Special edition is now listed at £47...

I've got my product page screenshot ready .

Same, but keep me/us updated

Yodel just delivered my Destiny at 3:08pm.

Better late than never.

So if you had a pre-order for a long time (2 months for me) you get the game, If you ordered recently you get some headphones and a t-shirt. Yeah seams totally fair.

Zafir

Yodel just delivered my Destiny at 3:08pm.

Better late than never.

So if you had a pre-order for a long time (2 months for me) you get the game, If you ordered recently you get some headphones and a t-shirt. Yeah seams totally fair.

I'm pretty sure some people got it retroactively. The issue for me was they gave fuck all with the Limited Edition. :I

RiggyRob

Is there anywhere that offers Bayonetta 1+2 for the same price as ShopTo (£39.85)?

I've cancelled my Amazon order as I think it's pretty obvious I won't get anywhere with it, and I've just made an account with ShopTo - however, they say that the first two deliveries have to be sent to your billing address whereas I'd like it to be sent to my term-time address instead.

Edit: Fuck, the Hyrule Warriors Limited Edition is sold out too. Shiiiiiiiiiiit.

Powerwing

Hyrule warriors eshop code for 32£ (40€) at game.co.uk is interesting for those who have a premium Wii u 'cause you'll get some money back from Ninty

NateDog

Kirby's Epic Yarn is £9 at Argos. Saw it today in Ireland for €11, very hard to resist at that price even though I've never played a Kirby game before.

Hyrule warriors eshop code for 32£ (40€) at game.co.uk is interesting for those who have a premium Wii u 'cause you'll get some money back from Ninty
I'm not even a fan and I get a better discount (that is a reference to the eShop Zelda fan promotion...). The amount back is 5/6 €5 or 4/6 of £5 (NNP points count as RRP of €50 and £40, restrictively)

As the url needs to be posted.: http://p.nintendo.net

Gloam

If I buy the digital download version of Destiny through Amazon.com can I play it on my European (primary) account after redeeming and downloading through a US account?

jimi_dini

Kirby's Epic Yarn is £9 at Argos. Saw it today in Ireland for €11, very hard to resist at that price even though I've never played a Kirby game before.

Grab it.

People, who say that it's piss-easy have not played it to 100% completion. It's easy to just play through it. But 100% completion is anything but easy.

In what way? The apparent easiness is putting me off

;-)

hardcore_gamers.jpg

Anyway, it's a fun and charming game. There are other reasons to play games than completing them 100%.

Got both of my Destiny copies from Tesco today (normal and special). Ordered the normal last October and Special a few months ago. Also got the headset (which isn't very comfortable) and tee. Special Edition is quite nice :)

jimi_dini

In what way? The apparent easiness is putting me off

To get 100% you have to beat the levels without getting touched once most of the time, includes beating bosses. And then there are also really evil challenges (levels, that you "simply" have to beat - they all have a time limit and it's either getting to the end of a level, collecting lots of beads, finding hidden characters and "killing" enemies and then there are also some, where you have to get a certain character to a certain place - also with a strict timer).

It's sort of like Kirby's Mass Attack for the DS. Easy to play through, hard to master. I have managed to get 100% for Epic Yarn. I'm unable to beat 1 or 2 levels perfectly in Mass Attack.

The game is awesome anyway. It's really fun to play through and it's also fun to play through all those challenges and to master the levels. (I'm waiting for that Yoshi Yarn game on the Wii U, I don't think that I will be able to handle the cuteness)

http://www.square-enix-boutique.com...fantasy-curtain-call-collector-s-edition.html

Random request: Is anyone here in France or Belgium and would be willing to let me order this to you and then ship it to me? Can't find it anywhere else than Square French Boutique and I really want it.

Have you contacted Square and asked them for your options? It's going to be really expensive on shipping alone imo. Shipping to and from France might be cheaper, but this is the situation to and from Belgium:

x Shipping to Belgium from the Square Enix Boutique is €13,60.

x Shipping costs (through BPost, the national courier) are fairly expensive in Belgium. These are the cheapest shipping (NON REGISTERED!) options from Belgium to elsewhere: (the game box seems to be around 500g)

Code:
                  Neighbouring countries           Rest of EU          Rest of Europe/Mediterranean/USA              Rest of World
≤ 350 g 	                  €8.70 	          €8.70              €8.70 	                                €13.05
+350g – 1 kg	                 €13.05 	           €13.05 	       €13.05 	                              €21.75
+1kg – 2 kg 	                €17.40 	                 €26.10 	            €26.10 	                             €43.50

The 2nd cheapest option is signed-for shipping. Which is like almost double the price. E.g. sending a signed-for package of ≤ 350 g to the UK is around €13. But the specifics on that option don't seem to be on the site.

Is it a good deal or ? (I'm not sure I understood ^^)
When you take the voucher into account it is slightly better than best physical price (digital w/UK NNP is ~£28.66) if you already have a hard drive (this part can kill any digital savings easily, the internal space really doesn't have room for many retail games) and have enough NNP points to get the voucher (or will by the end of the year).

I was pointing out it makes a mockery of the eShop special offer of £36 if you own any Zelda game.

Same, but keep me/us updated
A few people managed to get special editions for £32 but most people are being told that by Amazon that they can't do that. It is a problem when you have customer services outsourced and some people being given more power, it leads to things being very inconsistent.

I'm still going to wait for that contact they are supposed to be giving.

I pre-ordered Hyrule Warriors for £29 from GAME with the GamesCome code a while back but, now that the digital version is available, I'm tempted to switch my order to that. Annoyingly, GAME won't let me switch to the digital version and keep my pre-order price. Why couldn't GAME put the digital version up during GamesCom?

chunk3rvd

What's the cheapest place for instant PSN codes? Just went to order a £35 card from the shop whose name shall not be mentioned but they're out of stock on all instant cards :/

Roxas

If I buy the digital download version of Destiny through Amazon.com can I play it on my European (primary) account after redeeming and downloading through a US account?

Not sure about Destiny because it is online only, but i did this with Lego Marvel Heroes and it worked fine.

Hasney

A £35 code (almost €44 ) for €37.92 plus an extra 5% off if you like them on FB. Damn...
Are these UK only? It says UK/EU in the description but I'd like to be sure. How much would this give me on my EU account? Our codes are either €20 or €50.

When you get to checkout, it does say "Only usable in the UK".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom