• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| We Need To Go Cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

DagsJT

Just a heads up that this little guy is now available on the Club Nintendo site for 5000 stars. :)

T2OzB3m.jpg

Finally something worth getting! Thanks!

jimi_dini

Thanks for the quick reply. What is the Day One Edition? Is it like first print? Do you get something special?

A little art booklet is included and a soundtrack (selection on one Audio-CD).
Yes it's first print. But I would contact the seller to make absolutely sure that it's the first print.

Or should I consider importing the USA version? I don't think this game has story DLC like Drakengard 3 so I will not have to register a USA PSN account.

It doesn't. So importing from US would be also an option. There is only costumes DLC and also BGM DLC.

Or should I wait it out longer and maybe the price will fall or even increase?

I'm not sure about it, but it seems Xillia is out of print, which means the price will probably only get worse.

Hasney

Thanks for the quick reply. What is the Day One Edition? Is it like first print? Do you get something special?

I found this on CeX. What are people experience with CeX? £22 is not too bad.

Or should I consider importing the USA version? I don't think this game has story DLC like Drakengard 3 so I will not have to register a USA PSN account. The French version will be weird as I do not speak it even though the actual game is in English. I like to retain the language consistency.

Or should I wait it out longer and maybe the price will fall or even increase?

Thanks for the PayPal thing. I will look into it.

CEX are fine in my experience, but remember, the only sell second hand goods (apart from the rare product that has (S) next to them).

So the Bayonetta 2 confusion (aka Amazon customer services are just people in a call centre reading what the computer says) continues. Earlier they were telling people that all copies were the special edition, now they are saying the special edition won't be stocked at all.

Either way the "includes Bayonetta 1" part of the description has vanished (I have a strange feeling they won't contact customers). I'm going to wait until they add the special edition before taking further action. Part of just feels like being spiteful, letting the order go through then complain about the product upon arrival and return it to them (which I imagine many people will) and contribute to crashing the price of the game.

Yakitorii

Neo Member
Anyone know where I can buy the Glacier White PS4 Dualshock 4 Controller the cheapest that ships to either Germany or The Netherlands? :O

jimi_dini

Either way the "includes Bayonetta 1" part of the description has vanished (I have a strange feeling they won't contact customers).

This could be good and bad news. Good news, because amazon would give in and change to SE in case there weren't that many orders, which means there are probably loads of orders (see that Looney Tunes DVD set). And bad news for the customers of course.

panda-zebra

Slightly worrying reply from Tesco re: Destiny LE still showing as "Ready to dispatch":

tesco said:
I understand from your email that you are concerned about the delivery date of the game you’ve ordered.

I have looked into this for you today and I can confirm that the item will be despatched on or before the release date. The date shown on your order is a estimated delivery date. The reason it is shown so far in advance of the release is because at the time the game was added to the website before the release date was announced.

So might be a day late :/

Addnan

Amazon you have less than 7 hours to price match so I can get it tomorrow. Oh why did I cancel this game about 4 times. Ugh. Now hype getting to me.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Amazon you have less than 7 hours to price match so I can get it tomorrow. Oh why did I cancel this game about 4 times. Ugh. Now hype getting to me.

Never understood this. Play a game because you want to/find it fun, not because everyone else is hyped for it.

blazeuk

Slightly worrying reply from Tesco re: Destiny LE still showing as "Ready to dispatch":

Same with mine, release day delivery is looking more and more unlikely now unless they're being sent out with a faster next day delivery method, I'm just hoping it's not massively late.

Zomba13

Mine has been showing "Ready to dispatch" since at least Friday with an estimation on arrival of fucking Saturday 13th. Fucking bullshit for a preorder if true. Last time I ordered from them I got day of release.

Lucifon

Same boat as you guys. On Twitter they're saying they're all going out today. I have known Tesco despatch emails to arrive after I have the game in my hands, so fingers crossed it should be okay. I hate relying on Royal Mail with 1 day before launch despatch though, it's asking for it to go wrong.

If Tesco don't deliver on time remember to complain, usually they'll give you a fiver back or so.

My personal opinion on delivery (and as someone who uses Tesco because my brother gets me discount) is that in 2014 theres no reason why it shouldn't be at my door on day 1, and if its not then thats ridiculous and its Tesco fault for being lazy with when they dispatch it or cheap on postage. If you check with them - through customer services if you have to, they will say it should arrive day 1.

Not always but very often.

I got it from Tesco when they had a £40 deal a month or so ago.
Amazon price matched it, then raised the price as soon as the Tesco deal ended!

I just hope Tesco deliver. I've heard that their website is slow to update, so maybe they've sent it already...

Ezi0

Not always but very often.

I got it from Tesco when they had a £40 deal a month or so ago.
Amazon price matched it, then raised the price as soon as the Tesco deal ended!

I just hope Tesco deliver. I've heard that their website is slow to update, so maybe they've sent it already...

When I pre ordered The Last of Us last year, Tesco's website still said 'Preparing to Dispatch' on release and I still received the game on release day. It was only the week after where it properly updated. So I'm sure they have sent them all out but due to the sheer number of orders it's slow to update.

it's £21.85 on shoptu but on back order if you don't mind waiting maybe a couple weeks for them to get more stock in and send it out

Do they actually back order? Or am I going to get an e-mail that will automatically cancel the order or will I have to wait forever and hear nothing about it? How long does it take to back order?

If Tesco don't deliver on time remember to complain, usually they'll give you a fiver back or so.

My personal opinion on delivery (and as someone who uses Tesco because my brother gets me discount) is that in 2014 theres no reason why it shouldn't be at my door on day 1, and if its not then thats ridiculous and its Tesco fault for being lazy with when they dispatch it or cheap on postage. If you check with them - through customer services if you have to, they will say it should arrive day 1.

Yeah I got an update call from them as I was curious about how the price promise thing worked with clubcard orders (they just refund the excess points). They also said the dates are off on the order page due to the way their system works and it should arrive day 1 anyway.

Yeah I got an update call from them as I was curious about how the price promise thing worked with clubcard orders (they just refund the excess points). They also said the dates are off on the order page due to the way their system works and it should arrive day 1 anyway.

Well, good luck!

I have quite a lot of orders with them so hopefully I get those day 1 too...

oldmario

Do they actually back order? Or am I going to get an e-mail that will automatically cancel the order or will I have to wait forever and hear nothing about it? How long does it take to back order?

for me i did it with ducktales and i think it was like a week before they got some in, might be worth calling them i'm not sure if they cancel it after a while of not being able to get any if they can't

thenexus6

I was reading on hot deals that Tesco don't update the order status on your account. So game is most probably in transit, but online it still says ready to dispatch. I sure hope it arrives today!

B_Signal

I was reading on hot deals that Tesco don't update the order status on your account. So game is most probably in transit, but online it still says ready to dispatch. I sure hope it arrives today!

it sounds like this has been covered, but I rang Tesco yesterday and was told my order had been shipped but it hadn't been marked as dispatched by the warehouse, so unless they're lying to everyone there must be some truth to it

If it's true Tesco dispatched them, then it's just waiting for the delivery, Royal Mail?

They were here with a my post yesterday after midday, so still a couple hours.

Addnan

Any new word from Amazon on the whole Bayonetta 2 saga? Last thing I got from them.
Hello,

First, I'd like to apologise for any disappointment caused to you in this situation.

I can certainly understand your concern in this regard.

Please be informed that we’re investigating this with the correct department internally. Once we’ve received an update, we’ll update this information on our website.

Should you require any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Any new word from Amazon on the whole Bayonetta 2 saga? Last thing I got from them.
They're still stalling. Customer services reps will say no Bayonetta 1 now because the product description has changed. Special edition is now listed at £47...

I've got my product page screenshot ready and will wait for them to contact (they should let customers know the description has changed and they won't get what they ordered, which at the time was the only Bayonetta 2 SKU they bothered to list...in spite of a special edition being known about for months). If they don't I'll let them deliver then get in touch with (they deserve to lose money due to this, either by giving the special edition or wasting their money having the wrong one delivered and returned).

FryHole

They've updated the product page of the solus edition now with this message

Bayonetta 2 Special Edition (with Bayonetta)
Please note: the Standard Edition of Bayonetta 2 is not provided with a copy of the first Bayonetta game. Please order the Special Edition of the game to receive this extra.

Someone in one the Bayo2 threads said they were told that an email would be going out soon to pre-orderers telling them they wouldn't be getting it, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom