• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

The Master Chief Collection is £4.74 on CDKeys with their Facebook code. I'd prefer a physical version as I've only got a 500GB hard drive, but that price is too tempting to ignore.

kingkaiser

Are you new to this console generation? Every XboxOne and PS4 game needs to be installed to the hdd, no matter if digital or on disc.

I'd hate for any game to fail so bad it hurts the company but I just F5ed all sites to see if Titanfall 2 dropped anywhere yet as those sales are that bad.

Do we expect that the Bloodborne GOTY has a good physical sale this year?

It hit £22 at GAME a while back, which I think was the lowest ever. That deal it over now.

It feels like the type of game that would get a decent reduction around the Black Friday deals that I am sure UK outlets will participate in once again.

Sub £20 would be great and does not feel out of the question.

I'd hate for any game to fail so bad it hurts the company but I just F5ed all sites to see if Titanfall 2 dropped anywhere yet as those sales are that bad.

I already feel as if I'm a Vulture circling this title from overhead, not much of an FPS guy but I'm intrigued enough to feast on its unfortunately ill timed carcass.

Powwa

It'll probably go lower, I got it for £25 at release with a t-shirt. The psn code is cross buy so you get the first game for vita and ps4 as well.

Why do vita games launch at such low prices though

I don't think it will go too much lower than this though. There are a couple games that I can remember started off cheaper than the rest; Aegis of Earth was one and God Eater? What are the others?

Cheapest place to pre-order the new CoD for PS4 please? Either standard or legacy edition.

Thanks.

You have literally zero options for a worthwhile deal on that series ahead of release.

On the day of release Argos sometimes tries to undercut other stores on the price of big releases - they did so with Fifa 16 this year anyway. You however cannot reserve the game until the morning of the day of release.

There is a small chance supermarkets may do something for the game - that will be first seen as an advert the the papers on the night of release. Sometimes those deal are horrible though and force you to buy something else to get the price cut.

If you have the patience to wait until the Black Friday Weekend Amazon UK usually does some big in regards to a price cut for the series. There was a really good £24.99 in either 2015 or 14 just a few weeks after release.

You have literally zero options for a worthwhile deal on that series ahead of release.

On the day of release Argos sometimes tries to undercut other stores on the price of big releases - they did so with Fifa 16 this year anyway. You however cannot reserve the game until the morning of the day of release.

There is a small chance supermarkets may do something for the game - that will be first seen as an advert the the papers on the night of release. Sometimes those deal are horrible though and force you to buy something else to get the price cut.

If you have the patience to wait until the Black Friday Weekend Amazon UK usually does some big in regards to a price cut for the series. There was a really good £24.99 in either 2015 or 14 just a few weeks after release.
Thanks, I may hold out for a deal then.

Moze

Banned
That Attack on Titan game is taking a while to go down :/ I'm starting to think it had a limited print run and probably won't get to the £14.99 price point I want.

Airan

That Attack on Titan game is taking a while to go down :/ I'm starting to think it had a limited print run and probably won't get to the £14.99 price point I want.

Do Koei Tecmo games ever get discounted? Toukiden Kiwami is STILL £50 on Steam. Even God Eater 2 had 50% last week.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Do Koei Tecmo games ever get discounted? Toukiden Kiwami is STILL £50 on Steam. Even God Eater 2 had 50% last week.

Don't know about Steam. But their retail titles usually go down pretty fast, often down to about £15 within half a year. Toukiden Kiwami PS4 has been around €20 for quite a while. Arslan dropped almost immediately and even the pretty new Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII is already at ~£18.

I don't think it will go too much lower than this though. There are a couple games that I can remember started off cheaper than the rest; Aegis of Earth was one and God Eater? What are the others?

Freedom wars, Bandai Namco games(One piece PW3+Burning blood,Tales of hearts, Sword art etc) in general are around 25 at launch with a rrp of 30, with the ps4 games being 40-45 still, same for SE(FFX HD+WoFF) & kids games(muppets etc), it's not even them being watered down versions , they're exactly the same game (some with reduced framerate) . BN vita games go down to £15. God eater 1+2 for £20 is a great price for them , I didn't mean to argue that it wasn't , just that if people had been waiting for a price drop it would drop some more .

Zafir

They do on Steam during the big sales but never massively. Like usually the newer ones are only 10%, slightly older 33% and the rest 50% off.

It's really shit because they're rarely good ports and their console counter parts drop massively in comparison.

Aegis is a PQube game. Those tend to end up under £10 even.

zaphod79

Cheapest place to pre-order the new CoD for PS4 please? Either standard or legacy edition.

Thanks.

33 for a code from CDkeys

http://savygamer.co.uk/2016/10/31/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-ps4-32-99/

And they 'had' a code for MW remastered which is now out of stock - i think Lewie sums this up quite well in his notes

http://savygamer.co.uk/2016/10/31/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-remastered-ps4-32-99/

Note: I’m not quite sure what the situation is here. It would appear that CDkeys.com claim to have standalone codes for Modern Warfare: Remastered, which Activision said wouldn’t be a thing.

I don’t know where these codes come from. CDkeys.com have a pretty excellent track record for customer service, but since (to the best of my knowledge) they aren’t getting these keys directly from Activision, it’s a little hard to gauge the specifics.

Based on my understanding of how Modern Warfare: Remastered will work – If these are codes taken from retail copies of the ‘Legacy Edition’ of Infinite Warfare, they would also require a copy of Infinite Warfare to function. If they are codes taken from digital copies of the ‘Legacy Edition’ of Infinite Warfare, it’s not entirely clear to me if this would be the case. I know that you wouldn’t need to have Infinite Warfare installed, but you might need to have it on your account.

CDkeys.com have a pretty solid track record in my view. If they are saying they will sell you a copy of Modern Warfare: Remastered, I’m inclined to believe them. If it ends up not going as planned, I’m reasonably confident that they’d take care of any customers to ensure you weren’t out of pocket, but it’s entirely possible purchasing this could lead to disappointment or hassle.

I’ve emailed them to get more details, but in the meantime, this could possible be a way to get Modern Warfare: Remastered without having to fork out full price for the Legacy Edition of Infinite Warfare.

Hasney

CDKeys had WWE 2k17 for PC advertised as the console released date too, so while I don't doubt them being on the up and up, they do have flat-out incorrect listings sometimes.

The people that bought WWE got an easy refund.

LewieP

Oh yeah, I need to update that. They replied to my email and confirmed that yes the codes will work standalone, and don't require either a disc or a digital copy of Infinite Warfare to play MW remastered.

Unless they have inaccurate information, I think it should be fairly safe to order.

They also said that they hope to have more stock soon, but don't know when that might happen.

Sakujou

Banned
It'll probably go lower, I got it for £25 at release with a t-shirt. The psn code is cross buy so you get the first game for vita and ps4 as well.

Why do vita games launch at such low prices though

no one buys vita games since
-henkaku
-vita is dead

thanks for letting me know, i was looking for this one for a cheaper price.
is multiplayer still a thing or are all people not playing it anymore? is it crossplay at all or for all systems?

-henkaku
-vita is dead

is multiplayer still a thing or are all people not playing it anymore? is it crossplay at all or for all systems?

This released at the same time as henkaku, vita being dead would mean no localisations/development. Multiplayer is still good(or it was 1-2 weeks ago), it's crossplay on PS4+vita.
I meant why are they releasing games at such a low price point , 3ds games rarely launch at that pp. This was ridiculous, two games for £25 at launch.

This released at the same time as henkaku, vita being dead would mean no localisations/development. Multiplayer is still good(or it was 1-2 weeks ago), it's crossplay on PS4+vita.
I meant why are they releasing games at such a low price point , 3ds games rarely launch at that pp. This was ridiculous, two games for £25 at launch.

That low price point seems to be a UK only thing. So it's probably just UK stores trying to beat the competition.

Powwa

Freedom wars, Bandai Namco games(One piece PW3+Burning blood,Tales of hearts, Sword art etc) in general are around 25 at launch with a rrp of 30, with the ps4 games being 40-45 still, same for SE(FFX HD+WoFF) & kids games(muppets etc), it's not even them being watered down versions , they're exactly the same game (some with reduced framerate) . BN vita games go down to £15. God eater 1+2 for £20 is a great price for them , I didn't mean to argue that it wasn't , just that if people had been waiting for a price drop it would drop some more .

I think it started to happen more often lately then. Tales of Hearts and previous Sword Art Online games were full priced (40 EUR) at launch. I remember PW3 being full priced but received a discount right after the release, but I might be wrong about that one. Most of the kids games on are budget releases so I don't expect those to be full priced releases. You are right about Freedom Wars and there is also Oreshika.

-henkaku
-vita is dead

Yeah, right. It sure is getting a lot of new releases for a dead console.

And we don't have any evidence at the moment to show henkaku's effect on Vita. I was also skeptical at first but it doesn't look like it had a big impact.

Raybunny

Need a pro and you are in france/belgium? Check micromania new offer from7 to 21 November:

63368_gb_news.jpg

Return value:

PS4 : 200€
Xbox One, Wii U (32Go) : 150€
Wii U (8Go) : 130€
PS3 Slim / Ultra Slim (Hors 12Go), Xbox 360 Slim (Hors 4Go) : 80€
PS3 Fat : 60€
Wii, PS3 Ultra Slim 12 Go, Xbox 360 Slim 4Go : 50€
PS3 et Xbox 360 hors service : 40€

SPCTRE

Oh yeah, I need to update that. They replied to my email and confirmed that yes the codes will work standalone, and don't require either a disc or a digital copy of Infinite Warfare to play MW remastered.

Unless they have inaccurate information, I think it should be fairly safe to order.

They also said that they hope to have more stock soon, but don't know when that might happen.
Oh wow, this is sort of fascinating. I would have thought they'd - somehow - prevent the ability to play MW Remastered standalone, even on digital.

Kinan

Need a pro and you are in france/belgium? Check micromania new offer from7 to 21 November:

63368_gb_news.jpg

Return value:

PS4 : 200€
Xbox One, Wii U (32Go) : 150€
Wii U (8Go) : 130€
PS3 Slim / Ultra Slim (Hors 12Go), Xbox 360 Slim (Hors 4Go) : 80€
PS3 Fat : 60€
Wii, PS3 Ultra Slim 12 Go, Xbox 360 Slim 4Go : 50€
PS3 et Xbox 360 hors service : 40€

Damn, we need such an offer in Germany. :p Wonder if I can cross the border to Belgium and take that deal.

Sakujou

Banned
I think it started to happen more often lately then. Tales of Hearts and previous Sword Art Online games were full priced (40 EUR) at launch. I remember PW3 being full priced but received a discount right after the release, but I might be wrong about that one. Most of the kids games on are budget releases so I don't expect those to be full priced releases. You are right about Freedom Wars and there is also Oreshika.

Yeah, right. It sure is getting a lot of new releases for a dead console.

And we don't have any evidence at the moment to show henkaku's effect on Vita. I was also skeptical at first but it doesn't look like it had a big impact.
dont get me wrong about this:
the support for sonys system is stellar. have a look how the wii u gets supported, so yeah.

i bought the vita in the launch week and had a lot of fun, but it was just mind-boggling how fast sony dropped their support for the system.
sonys systems get tons of support, even though the sales dont look that good. for nintendo, it always turns out like the dark ages of n64 or now it got even worse with the wii u.

about the price of vitagames=
i remember that the games for vita were between 50-60€ at launch.

they dropped after half a year, like most of the ps-vita games.

they started after the first bigger waves of vita games to sell games below 40€ in the launch-window.

btw. i just wanted to add that 365games doesnt ship to germany.
iam right now in sweden (usually if iam outside of germany i rarely order something which i have to carry home), but i think its good to add this info, if anybody was wondering.

Raybunny

Need something like this for the UK

Only one I've heard of is Game UK, but I think their deal isn't worth it.

Damn, we need such an offer in Germany. :p Wonder if I can cross the border to Belgium and take that deal.

Indeed it's a great deal. I got one pro pre-ordered with the idea of gifting my actual PS4. With this deal will get a second pro surely and gift it.

Tomodachi

I was wondering, is amazon still the best place to buy US PSN credit? For some reason I can't find the page to purchase digital codes, only physical cards...

oldmario

does stuff going into EA access usually reflect onto retail prices? i know the service isn't on PS4 but i'm looking to get a cheaper copy of Mirror's Edge Catalyst in the uk, everywhere i'm looking is still around £20-25 and i remember about this time i paid maybe £10 for the original when i rebought it

33 for a code from CDkeys

http://savygamer.co.uk/2016/10/31/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-ps4-32-99/

And they 'had' a code for MW remastered which is now out of stock - i think Lewie sums this up quite well in his notes

http://savygamer.co.uk/2016/10/31/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-remastered-ps4-32-99/
Hmmm...this one only has Infinite Warfare. I guess the other is sold out. Good deal but I'm not sure I want to buy my nephews the download because they'll be happy to trade it in within the year as the next one will be on its way.

Thanks!

It hit £22 at GAME a while back, which I think was the lowest ever. That deal it over now.

It feels like the type of game that would get a decent reduction around the Black Friday deals that I am sure UK outlets will participate in once again.

Sub £20 would be great and does not feel out of the question.

Do we expect that the Bloodborne GOTY has a good physical sale this year?

Was £16.99 at Argos earlier this year as I picked it up, obviously doesn't help you now, but shows how low it can get.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/bloodborne-game-year-edition-ps4-16-99-argos-2486246

Top Bottom