• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

mrklaw

MrArseFace
is £30 the cheapest I'm going to find Pokemon Sun/Moon? Amazon have it for £32 pre-order and I get £2 off for being a prime member.

chadskin

I did. My point is that when you speak english in Europe it should be proper english, not american english.

But what do you call someone who's addicted to mathematics? A "math head" or a "maths head"?

See, your argument collapses like a house of cards.
;p

Benedict

England was never big in Europe, you had to go play with colonies instead.
And then complain about when they evolve your language.

Sweden on the other hand.... ;)

TheMoon

Maths. This is a European thread so please use correct English.

Do les mathmatics, por favor.

I did. My point is that when you speak english in Europe it should be proper english, not american english.

There's no proper English. Just the English you decide to employ. I write and speak American English. I don't alter my spellings based on the region the topic is about lol. That's ridiculous.

Do you go to foreigners and say "please stop having an accent, speak proper English with the English accent from the place the person you are addressing is from!" :D

Don't you mean colourful? ��

Sorry!

*grabs chainsaw*

meppi

For people in Belgium looking for a good discount on The King of Fighters 14, this one can't be beat!

PkXONbr.png

http://www.nl.fnac.be/a10036221/THE-KING-OF-FIGHTERS-XIV-STEELBOOK-MIX-PS4-Spel

You have to be a member though to be able to take advantage of this deal, otherwise it's a little more expensive.

Nightmare

Neo Member
I finally received World of Final Fantasy on PS4 which was on sale at SimplyGames for £29.99. It was supposed to be the Day One edition which contains an additional DLC code but instead it's the standard edition. I contacted their customer support, hopefully they'll resolve this by sending me the missing DLC.

The only ones who'll benefit from the trade deal are international companies. Importing stuff from Canada as a normal citizen won't magically become cheaper

I'm sure the increased profits will trickle down at some point though!! That's always how it works right
I finally received World of Final Fantasy on PS4 which was on sale at SimplyGames for £29.99. It was supposed to be the Day One edition which contains an additional DLC code but instead it's the standard edition. I contacted their customer support, hopefully they'll resolve this by sending me the missing DLC.

I heard that happening a few times actually. I find it weird that copies were sold at launch that weren't "day one". Unusual for SE games.

Saphirax

They won't send you the missing DLC. Happened to a bunch of people, me included. The most they'll do is credit you 3 pounds to your account or give you the chance to send the game back for a refund. They don't have any day one editions left.

Hasney

I heard that happening a few times actually. I find it weird that copies were sold at launch that weren't "day one". Unusual for SE games.

Considering that even now you can buy Type-0 with the Day 1 stuff, I guess they wanted to limit stock this time. They've gone too far the other way if pre-orders are affected though.

Got my XV pre-order with Simply Games, so may email them to try and make sure.

EDIT: Oh, it doesn't mention a pre-order. I ordered it back in June, so I should be safe.

Nightmare

Neo Member
Considering that even now you can buy Type-0 with the Day 1 stuff, I guess they wanted to limit stock this time. They've gone too far the other way if pre-orders are affected though.

Got my XV pre-order with Simply Games, so may email them to try and make sure.

EDIT: Oh, it doesn't mention a pre-order. I ordered it back in June, so I should be safe.

I pre-ordered World of Final Fantasy in September. It clearly says Day One edition in the order.

Saphirax

I pre-ordered World of Final Fantasy in September. It clearly says Day One edition in the order.

This is the response I got from Simply Games:
Thank you for your email,

We apologise sincerely that you did not receive the Day One edition of this game. We can confirm that we should have received all Day One stock from our supplier however we now know that some of the stock that was sent to us was standard edition and we have now updated the website to reflect this as we only now have standard edition in stock.

We assure you that this is a very rare occurrence and we apologise again for any disappointment caused.

If you wish to return the game to us for a full refund then you can do so by sending it to the below address with your order ID on the outer packaging:

SG Ltd
PO BOX 151
St Ives
PE27 9BD

Alternatively if you wish to keep the game we can issue you a partial refund of £3 by way of a further apology.

Kindest Regards

SimplyGames Customer Service

From someone on GameFaqs. I preordered the day one edition as well, would love to get that DLC but aside from getting a refund and buying another copy from somewhere else that probably won't be happening :/.

Danj

Does anyone know if there's anywhere (other than cdkeys, which is out of stock) to buy battle.net balance codes online? I'd load funds directly using my debit card but apparently it takes 3 days if you do that, according to the FAQ on Blizzard's site, and I want to buy some Overwatch loot boxes (yeah yeah I know, shouldn't spend money on that stuff, whatever) before the Halloween event is over.

Hasney

Does anyone know if there's anywhere (other than cdkeys, which is out of stock) to buy battle.net balance codes online? I'd load funds directly using my debit card but apparently it takes 3 days if you do that, according to the FAQ on Blizzard's site, and I want to buy some Overwatch loot boxes (yeah yeah I know, shouldn't spend money on that stuff, whatever) before the Halloween event is over.

Don't load funds, just buy the crates directly and it's instant

Just found out GAME are doing ANY five PS4 games and your PS4 traded in for the PS4 Pro @ £175 with a £20 deposit before launch. Doing that shit, what a deal, I have plenty of shite to get rid of game wise I bought around launch, and No Man's wanky Sky too.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just found out GAME are doing ANY five PS4 games and your PS4 traded in for the PS4 Pro @ £175 with a £20 deposit before launch. Doing that shit, what a deal, I have plenty of shite to get rid of game wise I bought around launch, and No Man's wanky Sky too.

Lol. Do they have to be different games? Could get rid of NMS and scrape through CEX for cheap copies of Fifa 15 (£2)

Actually CEX will give me £133 cash for my white PS4 so that would make a pro only £200

EmiPrime

Lol. Do they have to be different games? Could get rid of NMS and scrape through CEX for cheap copies of Fifa 15 (£2)

Actually CEX will give me £133 cash for my white PS4 so that would make a pro only £200

They usually exclude old FIFAs from trade-in deals.

Wvrs

I studied Linguistics at University and every professor I had would call you wrong here. What even is 'proper English?' If you looked at the language as it is in Beowulf you'd see more dissimilarity to our modern English than if you looked at Dutch.

British-English, American-English, Australian-English, Caribbean-English, Indian-English; they're analogous to dialects but on an extreme scale. No one owns a language. In many ways, American-English is closer to what English was at the time of colonial settlement than British-English is today, since it originated prior to the mass standardisation of language with the arrival of the printing press.

ANY 5 games except FIFA 14/15 it says. I'll get rid of NFS from launch, Watch Dogs, Sniper Elite, Advanced Warfare, COD Ghosts, MGS GZ. NMS can get traded separately, apparently it's like £20 trade in!

Z..

The most popular form of the language becomes the de facto version by default. Being born Portuguese has taught me this much. "Portuguese" is now brazilian Portuguese by default, in any international context. I can't do anything about it and neither can you..

The Boat

The most popular form of the language becomes the de facto version by default. Being born Portuguese has taught me this much. "Portuguese" is now brazilian Portuguese by default, in any international context. I can't do anything about it and neither can you..
;_;

ANY 5 games except FIFA 14/15 it says. I'll get rid of NFS from launch, Watch Dogs, Sniper Elite, Advanced Warfare, COD Ghosts, MGS GZ. NMS can get traded separately, apparently it's like £20 trade in!

From how I read the small print on the flyer the game trade in price also comes off the total. So eg if your five games have a trade in value of 25, you will then just pay £150. So may aswell trade in nms. Would just double check in store first obviously in case I'm wrong.

RiggyRob

I studied Linguistics at University and every professor I had would call you wrong here. What even is 'proper English?' If you looked at the language as it is in Beowulf you'd see more dissimilarity to our modern English than if you looked at Dutch.

British-English, American-English, Australian-English, Caribbean-English, Indian-English; they're analogous to dialects but on an extreme scale. No one owns a language. In many ways, American-English is closer to what English was at the time of colonial settlement than British-English is today, since it originated prior to the mass standardisation of language with the arrival of the printing press.

I think everyone should post deals in their native language. We'll see if EdwardTeach is more annoyed by 'improper' English or by languages he can't even read.

Top Bottom