• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chelsea fans prevent black man boarding Paris metro train

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expected for Chelsea fans.

You should see the ones we have on the footy thread. Oh my.

AkpmCMU.pnghttp:

Absolutely appalling, and I personally hold all Chelsea fans responsible by proxy.
in3THsS8y4dx3.png

Beefy

What is also sad is that no one else who isn't racist or just a normal person let him in cause of bystander behaviour where they didn't want to go against this group who might turn violent since football fans could be quite drunk whenever I see them on public transport. Here in UK, they are pretty intimidating people at night, really wish I didn't have to go see movies or other things at night in central London. They always look like they're ready to start shit.

Yeah, I'm perfectly happy generalising drunk football fans at night. Tribalism and group mentality is strong with them that any neutral person is silenced or scared to speak against the group's actions.

I go to football matches and depending on the time it finishes I may go out afterwards. Just because I may end up drunk after a game does not paint me the same as them. In a pub near me many football fans home and away supporters go for a drink after a match. Yes you see some banter but you never see stuff like this. Football as with all things in life will have the minority that end up acting disgustingly.

I fucking hate the generalisations that come out when shit like this happens. Yeah, it's appalling but just because a small group of Chelsea fans acts appallingly does that make their whole fanbase scum? No, it doesn't. Are all football fans pieces of shit because of the actions of some ultras? Nope. Guess what, football is a very, very popular sport, and therefore you get a lot of fans from a lot of different social groups and yeah, occasionally you'll get a group of people who have some disgusting views on the world who will also have a passion for a football club, and use their football club as a platform to express their views but they aren't twats because they like football, they're twats because they already were twats before hand.

Fucking low class hooligans. A disgrace to all upstanding British folk. They should learn how proper racists do things: allow him onto the train, but make him feel uncomfortable the entire ride.
What the fuck, man?

With the upmost respect. A stronger word does little to change the reality of the situation. These men are the tip of the giant iceberg of inequality, injustice and institutional racism.

What ever we call these fools doesn't change the inherent institutional racism and inequality that runs rampant through our organizations and that embeds itself into our cultures.

We need real conversations and real change and a move to focus not just on the yobs on a train but those with real power.

The annoying thing is that actual racists will use incidents like this as evidence for why they aren't racist, as if you have to be burning crosses to have harmful prejudices towards people of a different color.

FootballFan

Hah, that second one was such a great reaction. Oh, banana, thanks for the snack.

Haha yeah. I was so happy with Alves when he did that.

A lot of footballers, fans and celebs started tweeting eating bananas after the incident.

Just a great reaction.

akira28

Are we sure this is racially motivated? Maybe they are just angry?

I think it was a mild spate of shared mental illness. Just had a bad week. We should be more understanding. This happens to everyone at some time or another. They were ok once they got back home, and also decidedly non-racist.

I think the black gentleman should probably go on with his day and stop looking for things to be upset about, like being pushed off of a train. At least the train wasn't moving , you know?

Not surprised its chelshit fans. it is the least classiest club in the world, they also have the worst fans who are not only aniti football but also racist as this vid now proves.

I'm personally not surprised at this video. People forget that not long before Abramovic, Chelsea were best known for their hooligan element and averaging less than 20,000 a season. No matter how many plastics have jumped on the bandwagon since, there still has to be that element in their hardcore fan base.

Cyd0nia

Banned
Kick racism out of football. Kick Chelsea out of the champions league. That'll learn the horrible bastards. It'd turn every right minded fan firmly against pricks like these too.

Kick racism out of football. Kick Chelsea out of the champions league. That'll learn the horrible bastards. It'd turn every right minded fan firmly against pricks like these too.

Hahaha no it won't and fuck off with that shit. If the club is working with the police to find and ban these cunts, the club shouldn't be punished for it.

So many people using this to take digs at Chelsea in general hahaha y so mad? Seriously leave your general football bias against Chelsea out of this, you guys are looking petty and bitter.

kmag

Hardcore Soccer fans are the worst. Nothing good ever comes from them.

And in southamerica it's some kind of drug, people care more about this shit than important changes to working laws and rights...

To be fair, certain small parts of the Chelsea support have long had connections/ties to far right wing groups like Combat 18 etc

It's probably not so much to do with football, as football being the excuse for a bunch of avowed right wing nutters to have a day out.

Orbis

I've been to countless football games at various English clubs and I've never seen or heard anything like this, inside or outside the stadium. Hell there are people from all kinds of racial background attending football games, even at Chelsea. Better still there are and long have there been black players at Chelsea. Didier Drogba is a legend there, my dad has a picture of the guy on his wall.

That's why this incident is so shocking; how can we still have football fans like this is in 2015. I hope they can be identified and given life stadium bans or criminal charges pushed if France has such laws.

Symphonia

Banned
It seems people this days are just rush into into things before getting all the facts, so naturally im gonna go with false flag by some other cuntier team like Liverpool or maybe the black people illuminati.
Every team has racist supporters, it's a well-known fact. Racism isn't something that is exclusive to Chelsea or Liverpool. You see it, to some degree, in every team in every league. Narrowing it down to a 'cuntier' team like Liverpool is ridiculous. Maybe you need to get all the facts before making such ignorant claims.

Obviously these people are just sightly angry; if that guy just didn't act the way he acted none of this wouldn't be happening. I mean he had to have done something unmoral to cause that reaction. I swear people just need to stop race baiting and wait to see the facts; its dividing us.
I can't believe what I'm reading. The guys on the train point-blank said they're racist and they like it. The reason - the one and only reason - they didn't let the guy on was because he was black. Are you blind? Ignorant? Stupid? Or maybe all three?

Chichikov

Every team has racist supporters, it's a well-known fact. Racism isn't something that is exclusive to Chelsea or Liverpool. You see it, to some degree, in every team in every league. Narrowing it down to a 'cuntier' team like Liverpool is ridiculous. Maybe you need to get all the facts before making such ignorant claims.
It's true that practically all teams has racist supporters, but not all teams has a firm with such troubled racist past as the headhunters.
That is of course not to say that all or even most of Chelsea fans are racist, they are not, but there is a reason why racist cunts tend to gravitate toward such teams.

King_Moc

Banned
I've been to countless football games at various English clubs and I've never seen or heard anything like this, inside or outside the stadium. Hell there are people from all kinds of racial background attending football games, even at Chelsea. Better still there are and long have there been black players at Chelsea. Didier Drogba is a legend there, my dad has a picture of the guy on his wall.

That's why this incident is so shocking; how can we still have football fans like this is in 2015. I hope they can be identified and given life stadium bans or criminal charges pushed if France has such laws.

I agree. I've been going to matches, both home and away, even since the late 80's and the only thing I can recall that scans as racism is Arsenal's "dirty fucking yid" chant.

The reason this is shocking is precisely because it doesn't really happen much nowadays. Not in the UK, anyway.

Symphonia

Banned
It's true that practically all teams has racist supporters, but not all teams has a firm with such troubled racist past as the headhunters. That is of course not to say that all or even most of Chelsea fans are racist, they are not, but there is a reason why racist cunts tend to gravitate toward such teams.
Oh, trust me, I know certain teams - and Chelsea in particular - have a murky past where racism is concerned. I've seen all the 'football hooliganism' films, which are actually more like documentaries, and I know of people who have had run ins with Chelsea mobs. But to say racism is exclusive to one teams fans and not another is just plain ignorant. The same applies to American football fans.

Chichikov

I agree. I've been going to matches, both home and away, even since the late 80's and the only thing I can recall that scans as racism is Arsenal's "dirty fucking yid" chant.

The reason this is shocking is precisely because it doesn't really happen much nowadays. Not in the UK, anyway.
You were going to games since the 80s and you don't remember John Barnes getting monkey chants and bananas thrown at him?
He wasn't the only one who got that by the way, just probably the highest profile player to get the treatment.
Oh, trust me, I know certain teams - and Chelsea in particular - have a murky past where racism is concerned. I've seen all the 'football hooliganism' films, which are actually more like documentaries, and I know of people who have had run ins with Chelsea mobs. But to say racism is exclusive to one teams fans and not another is just plain ignorant. The same applies to American football fans.
American football is a different beast I think.
In football (soccer) there are clubs with strong anti-racist traditions and clubs with racist traditions.

Edit: I don't know which movies are you talking about, but most of the hooligan movies I've seen are a bit bullshit.

T-Rex.

Banned

United used to have a "I'd rather be a paki than a scouse(r)" chant back in like the 70s or 80s. My Dad used to hear it whenever he went down. I don't think it's that bad nowadays but you do see/hear the odd moron at the game making monkey gestures or saying things like "black cunt". It is quite rare though.

King_Moc

Banned
You were going to games since the 80s and you don't remember John Barnes getting monkey chants and bananas thrown at him?
He wasn't the only one who got that by the way, just probably the highest profile player to get the treatment.
American football is a different beast I think.
In football (soccer) there are clubs with strong anti-racist traditions and clubs with racist traditions.

Edit: I don't know which movies are you talking about, but most of the hooligan movies I've seen are a bit bullshit.

I'm aware that happened, but I wasn't going to anyway Liverpool games when I was 5. My first one there was 1991, and I didn't notice anything. Then again, I was 9 years old, so who knows.

Symphonia

Banned
American football is a different beast I think. In football (soccer) there are clubs with strong anti-racist traditions and clubs with racist traditions.
So you're telling me there's no racist American football fans out there? C'mon, man, you seem intelligent. You can't seriously be denying that racism doesn't exist in the NFL fanbase? Or even the NHL? And even the NBA? Racism isn't exclusive to football, just like how it isn't exclusive to one single team. It's a worldwide issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom