• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chelsea fans prevent black man boarding Paris metro train

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porcile

I went to a Chelsea match once and they were singing racist songs about killing Muslims in one of the nearby pubs, very close to Stamford Bridge. Not like three or four people, but like, the entire pub.

Izuna

Banned
My SO BFF years ago, when learning English, was taught in her language school how trash Chelsea fans were. She had an assignment where she had to speak Cockney and say rude words to speak like a Chelsea fan -- then learn to make fun of them.

At that time I time I was unimpressed, but if this news had happened before I'd back up her school.

I think these guys did it because they were in France. English people when travelling "come out" as to how awful they really are. They know they wouldn't get away with shit in London. It is a shame that they felt safe to act like this so close to home however.

Burai

shitonmychest57
Ahh yes. "look they did it too!" argument.

Liverpool fans can also mention:

- Chelsea fans booed Rio Ferdinand for defending his brother against a racist(John Terry - Chelsea captain).
- Chelsea fans sing "You know what you are" to Anton Ferdinand.

But that would be dumb because what is being discussed is these racist Chelsea supporters on the train. You should be focusing more on ridiculing them, and less on talking about Liverpool. I don't even get why you are picking out on Liverpool. What does that even have to do with anything.

I don't see any posts from Liverpool fans saying their club hasn't had its own issues with racism. So I just don't get where you are coming from.

Exactly. It's fucking bullshit every time this shit comes up that the fans automatically rally around the club instead of trying to force this shit out and away from their team.

The "decent" Liverpool fans should have been chanting for Suarez to go. "Decent" Chelsea fans should have been chanting for Terry to go. They should have been outside their clubs with placards telling the owners "These people don't belong at our club". But they didn't. They just sat there with their heads in the sand hoping it would all blow over so those pieces of shit could continue to ply their trade wearing their colours because their skills are worth far more than human decency.

If the world at large thought that 99% of the fans were actively trying to remove racism from their club, they wouldn't get tarred with the same brush as the 1%. Chelsea fans should be falling over themselves to identify and out these people, not trying to spread the muck around to other clubs.

I went to a Chelsea match once and they were singing racist songs about killing Muslims in one of the nearby pubs, very close to Stamford Bridge. Not like three or four people, but like, the entire pub.

I'm a Chelsea fan of Muslim background (though I'm an Atheist) and have been going to Chelsea matches since the 90s, in total probably around 100 matches and have never ever heard anti-Muslim songs at home or away.

Anti-Semitic chanting is rife though.

My SO BFF years ago, when learning English, was taught in her language school how trash Chelsea fans were. She had an assignment where she had to speak Cockney and say rude words to speak like a Chelsea fan -- then learn to make fun of them..

In this some kind of stupid joke? She clearly learned English at a shitty school.

Exactly. It's fucking bullshit every time this shit comes up that the fans automatically rally around the club instead of trying to force this shit out and away from their team.

The "decent" Liverpool fans should have been chanting for Suarez to go. "Decent" Chelsea fans should have been chanting for Terry to go. They should have been outside their clubs with placards telling the owners "These people don't belong at our club". But they didn't. They just sat there with their heads in the sand hoping it would all blow over so those pieces of shit could continue to ply their trade wearing their colours because their skills are worth far more than human decency.

If the world at large thought that 99% of the fans were actively trying to remove racism from their club, they wouldn't get tarred with the same brush as the 1%. Chelsea fans should be falling over themselves to identify and out these people, not trying to spread the muck around to other clubs.

so much truth in this post

Izuna

Banned
In this some kind of stupid joke? She clearly learned English at a shitty school.

Super expensive, very posh school, with one teacher who wasn't a Chelsea fan. To be honest with you, football overturns all kinds of sense when people support their team, it's a normal thing. Football is sers bnzz, which is what I told her haha.

Super expensive, very posh school, with one teacher who wasn't a Chelsea fan. To be honest with you, football overturns all kinds of sense when people support their team, it's a normal thing. Football is sers bnzz, which is what I told her haha.

Indeed, which is why I reacted so strongly in my previous post :3

My SO BFF years ago, when learning English, was taught in her language school how trash Chelsea fans were. She had an assignment where she had to speak Cockney and say rude words to speak like a Chelsea fan -- then learn to make fun of them.

Hahaha, what?

Edit:

This should have been on the curriculum

Izuna

Banned
Hahaha, what?

Edit:

This should have been on the curriculum

I will ask her if she e homework paper lol. I found out because she wanted me to do the reading with her. It was so fucked, and considering I lived in Chelsea at the time (her school in Kensington) there was no way I was sayng that stuff out loud in Starbucks.

ittoryu

Yep, agreed.

Which they've done. Literally every Chelsea reaction I've seen has been that the club should ban these people and there are tons of Chelsea fans on Twitter giving one of the culprits grief.

Wow !! it's still surprising how people can still be asshole in 2015.

There will always be arseholes. All about reducing their numbers :p

Starting by punishing them for their assholery, which seems to be happening in this case thankfully. Hope the video is good enough to catch a few of them at least. Unfortunately merely being on the video won't be enough I think, need to be seen singing it. The fat guy who pushes him off is fucked though, which is a small comfort.

Of all of the clubs in the country, I'm least surprised that something like this would involve Chelsea fans.

They take pride in the 'geezer' mentality, and a section of the fanbase has been linked to Combat 18 for years. They have been involved in more racism controversies in recent years than any other British club.

I dare say anyone wanting to find the idiots on that train wouldn't go far wrong starting their search in the lower tier of the Matthew Harding stand on Saturday afternoon.

TrueBlue

Ugh.

This pisses me off, particularly as I'm a Chelsea fan myself.

I understand that a contingent of Chelsea fans have a reputation for this - and rightly so. There was a large hooligan element in the fanbase, and they were involved in incidents of violence and racism quite frequently. Hell, my old man was once a Chelsea Headhunter in his youth. Of course, with football hooliganism generally dying out as the years have progressed, the frequency of these incidents has decreased.

That's why it's so disappointing and infuriating to see stuff like this. In 2015 no less.

Over the last couple of decades - where we have probably seen our greatest period of success and have thus been treated to greater exposure and prestige - our fanbase has grown and has become more multicultural, as seen in this thread. I've been to Stamford Bridge a few times and I've seen it for myself.

They are just as passionate about the club as I am. And let me tell you, I love Chelsea.

These people are dinosaurs. Relics with an outdated mindset that need to be phased out from the club and the game in general.

I mean, what to these guys think when they actually watch Chelsea play? Our starting XI yesterday had two black players, with four on the bench. That's not even counting players like Mikel and some of the younger players who make up the first team.

Do they sling racist insults at them while they;re trying to win football matches? How about when Drogba scored that penalty to win us the Champions League?

It just boggles the mind.

It also leads to generalisations. As discussed at length in this topic, the actions of the few influence one's opinion of the many, and every club has a cunt contingent of fans.. Of course the vast majority of Chelsea fans are not racist fools,but actions like this do not help the perception, particularly when you consider that football is already an exceedingly tribal sport.Things like this just add fuel to and already burning fire.

I shouldn't be labelled or suspected as being racist - or hell, even associated with these people - simply because I wear a Chelsea shirt and support the same club. Nor should anyone wearing a Liverpool shirt for that matter, or any other football fan of any other club.

Furthermore, if I call out racism, the fact that I support a certain football club shouldn't be used as as a detriment to my argument. This goes both ways.

But it will, and that is the impact that these people will have. I'm proud of Chelsea for promising swift punishment, because the sooner these people are phased out from the game, the better.

God, I haven't rambled like this in a while. I just love my club, and I hate it being dragged through the dirt. Particularly after the John Terry debacle. I don't mind being hated for football reasons, but when it's due to wider issues such as racism, I just can't help but me extremely saddened and angry at it all.

At that time I time I was unimpressed, but if this news had happened before I'd back up her school.

I think these guys did it because they were in France. English people when travelling "come out" as to how awful they really are. They know they wouldn't get away with shit in London. It is a shame that they felt safe to act like this so close to home however.

Amazing.

and by amazing I mean really fucking stupid.

I will ask her if she e homework paper lol. I found out because she wanted me to do the reading with her. It was so fucked, and considering I lived in Chelsea at the time (her school in Kensington) there was no way I was sayng that stuff out loud in Starbucks.

Please do! I'd love to see that assignment.

I'm embarrassed these cunts are from my country, sadly I see this type of asshole regularly, out getting pissed on the weekend.

JDSN

Banned
I dont think anybody is saying that all Chelsea fans in existence are bigots, just a shitload of them, and going #NotallChelsea fans is gonna help change this perception.

leadbelly

Banned
Chelsea fans are more likely to just believe Terry's excuse, than defend racism I'd have thought. Same with Liverpool and Suarez. Even John Barnes defended him.

Well, some people can only see things in black and white terms. As far as I remember, Anton Ferdinand said something about his wife, and John Terry called him a black cunt.

Personally, the way I look at it, he certainly said something racist, but I just think he said the first thing that came into his mind to get back at him. A fat person says something to insult someone, what is the first thing that enters a person's mind? Fat cunt!

I don't condone what John Terry said, but I don't think he is a racist.

JDSN

Banned
Well, some people can only see things in black and white terms. As far as I remember, Anton Ferdinand said something about his wife, and John Terry called him a black cunt.

Personally, the way I look at it, he certainly said something racist, but I just think he said the first thing that came into his mind to get back at him. A fat person says something to insult someone, what is the first thing that enters a person's mind? Fat cunt!

It was only a matter of time, I suppose. It says a lot about you if this is the way you think.

Polari

John Terry is a racist and a piece of shit. Have you ever called anyone that in anger? I certainly haven't.

If that was the first thing that came to his mind, it's seriously worrying and probably suggests a deep rooted racism which can be even more dangerous than the kind we're seeing in this video.

I mean I have no idea what went through his head but if you think that it just came mind, he said it, whoops, let's move on...no, I can't have that.

leadbelly

Banned
It was only a matter of time, I suppose.

What's only a matter of time?

I don't look at human nature so simplistically that's all. People say stupid things in the heat of the moment. People act like they don't know this for some reason. Sometimes people say what they know will offend that person to simply to get back at them.

I'm not condoning or justifying his actions, I am simply taking human nature into account. Ashley Cole defending him in court and Paul Ince claiming he isn't a racist also had an influence on my view of that incident.

John Terry is a racist and a piece of shit. Have you ever called anyone that in anger? I certainly haven't.

Yes. Although admittedly I was 11-13, I called a black classmate a black bastard for making bullying comments to me. When I was like 5/6 I called a brown (Sikh) classmate a "poo face" because he annoyed me and I distinctly remember I said the words with racial intent. Both were heat of the moment things and don't define me as a person. Also I was just a kid not knowing the connotation of such comments.

Not saying that's the case with Terry, perhaps he is a closest racist, but if he was prone to this sort of behaviour surely it would have been caught in the hundreds of other matches he's played where big brother is always watching.

Izuna

Banned
Please do! I'd love to see that assignment.

=(

She only has recent homework. Would have been a good laugh.

Apparently it had indicators like:

"Annoying Chelsea Supporter: oight mate!"

Yes. Although admittedly I was 11-13, I called a black classmate a black bastard for making bullying comments to me. When I was like 5/6 I called a brown (Sikh) classmate a "poo face" because he annoyed me and I distinctly remember I said the words with racial intent. Both were heat of the moment things and don't define me as a person. Also I was just a kid not knowing the connotation of such comments.

Not saying that's the case with Terry, perhaps he is a closest racist, but if he was prone to this sort of behaviour surely it would have been caught in the hundreds of other matches he's played where big brother is always watching.

#UnnecessaryConfessions

A kid from my Primary School, maybe 9-10 called his friend a black bastard. We were all there and it was really a mistake, that once he said black, he has nothing else to say other than the normal insult we would use. The black kid complained and the kid got sent home with a note. The black kid was okay, but between him, the school and the white kid, they all decided that even though it was a mistake and he didn't "mean it", it should be taken seriously.

EDIT: Wait, I call everyone a poo face.

You cannot be serious.

First thing that came into his head, calls him a black cunt, he's not a racist?

Sure.

Sure.

caramac

Hmmm yeah, Chelsea fans.

Image is from several years ago.

Nazi-salute.jpg

leadbelly

Banned
You cannot be serious.

First thing that came into his head, calls him a black cunt, he's not a racist?

Sure.

Sure.

Something he knew would offend him. I see the concept that someone could ever say something racist but not really be racist is incredibly confusing to many people, so lets move on.

I don't believe John Terry is a racist, but I don't know that obviously. It was simply reading what actually happened in the incident, finding out Ashley Cole was defending him in court, and Paul Ince was defending him. They know him better than I do. I came to the conclusion it was probably something said in the heat of the moment.

Pretty much what Paul Ince was saying.
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...ot-a-racist-former-england-international-paul

Slayven

Something he knew would offend him. I see the concept that someone could ever say something racist but not really be racist is incredibly confusing to many people, so lets move on.

I don't believe John Terry is a racist, but I don't know that obviously. It was simply reading what actually happened in the incident, finding out Ashley Cole was defending him in court, and Paul Ince was defending him. They know him better than I do. I came to the conclusion it was probably something said in the heat of the moment.

Pretty much what Paul Ince was saying.
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...ot-a-racist-former-england-international-paul

Everytime.....if you say racist shit that makes you a racist.

FootballFan

How can it not be racist to call someone a "black cunt" - that shouldn't be the first thing that comes to anyone's head. Shouldn't be the 30th thing to come to someone's head either.

Lol, this is exactly what I was saying earlier. People should not be defending this behaviour and making excuses.

Unbelievable.

leadbelly

Banned
Everytime.....if you say racist shit that makes you a racist.

So he is a racist for the rest of his life now. One incident makes you a racist. It has nothing to do with your actual beliefs, it is about what you might have said once. Okay :p

Lets move on from this.

Slayven

How can it not be racist to call someone a "black cunt" - that shouldn't be the first thing that comes to anyone's head. Shouldn't be the 30th thing to come to someone's head either.

Lol, this is exactly what I was saying earlier. People should not be defending this behaviour and making excuses.

Unbelievable.

Exactly isn't "cunt" a big enough insult without the modifier?

So he is a racist for the rest of his life now. One incident makes you a racist. It has nothing to do with you actual beliefs, it is about what you might have said once. Okay :p

Lets move on from this.

Is he racist for the rest of his life? I don't know, people change. But him saying racist shit off the cuff gives a good insight to where his mind goes.

there is something tribal, clansman and caveman aged when it comes to sports team fanaticism.

take a sane man who has a regular job but then shove him into a mob of his favorite sports team that he woships then all gets warped back to -9000 years of devolution

that primal cave man instinct overtakes any modern common sense.

I fanned the Philadelphia Flyers for being a fan of Ron Hextall while growing up, but then saw Philly fans up close in person when I want to see an Eagles game; a father and son from Indiana wearing Colts hats and shirt wear jeered and cursed at whenever the father would express any happiness when the Colts scored... it was really vile that some Eagles fans had no self control on their cussing and yelling in the presence of a child towards him and his father... like WTF

leadbelly

Banned
Is he racist for the rest of his life? I don't know, people change. But him saying racist shit off the cuff gives a good insight to where his mind goes.

Not according to a lot of people on here. John Terry is a racist. 10 years from now I suspect the same people will say the same thing.

Or, it doesn't. Either could be true. He got extremely angry and said it because he knew it would offend him. Unless responses in humans are completely robotic, I don't see how this is out of the realms of possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom