• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Choose your side GAF: Puppy or Kitty

Status
Not open for further replies.

StayDead

Just remember a kitten grows into a cat, who goes outside on their own, does their business and then covers it up never to be seen again.

A dog... well I hope you enjoy picking up poo for the rest of your life, because they don't clean up after themselves.

I've only ever had cats, but I'm not going to lie dogs are cool too, but for the purpose of this thread no dog will ever come close to a cat in supremacy

If you can live with the smell of cat piss in your household, then go for it. Every single cat owners home smells like it, no matter how much they clean it (or try to convince you or themselves that it doesn't) - every time you have a visitor they will make that face, but you'll be used to wallowing in the smell.

Get a puppy.

Fink

If you can live with the smell of cat piss in your household, then go for it. Every single cat owners home smells like it, no matter how much they clean it (or try to convince you or themselves that it doesn't) - every time you have a visitor they will make that face, but you'll be used to wallowing in the smell.

Get a puppy.

Dogs themselves smell bad if you don't bathe them frequently.

I hate choosing one over the other, but I'm really much more of a cat person.

puppies 4 life

3yY2qdu.jpg

SGTQvrn.gif

Kitty.

Dogs are filthy.

Nod. Taking care of my parents puppies for a weekend when they were out of town, never again. Kitties just go to the litter box, dogs were pooping and peeing everywhere...talking baby shit here.

Get a puppy.

I would never say there isn't a smell, but it isn't throughout the entire house. We have two litter boxes in our back bathroom (cleaned every day), no clue how you could smell that in the living room/gameroom (office). You must have the nose of a bloodhound.

Friends/family who have dogs typically come home to a surprise on the floor. Happens when you leave a dogs inside for 8-9 hours while you are at work.

Aiustis

Puppy
Pros
-never been afraid I'd accidentally step on it
-cuddly cute

Cons
-Going on walks
-accidents on the floor
-chewing up shit
-bath time

Kitty Pros
-fucking adorable
-easy potty training

Cons
-Always underfoot and very small
-hiding in places they shouldn't

I think I take kitties. Just one though.

Some people say, "I love kittens, but then they grow up to be cats." It's something that bugs me. Sure, I understand it in some ways, but adult cats are also great. In fact, I've had more joy in my life come from having adult cats than kittens.

Dogs are ugly, loud, dirty and needy, and cats are beautiful, clean and independent. I can barely enter a dog owner's house with retching.

Miles X

Kittens, easy. Not sure why people are talking about kitties clawing them when picking them up? Dogs are boney and nowhere near as soft and fluffy to cuddle.

tumblr_lqhg16R2Cv1qzdtfao1_500.jpg

We've been feeding stray cats that come to our front porch for years now, and two have remained constant. Unfortunately quite a few have gone missing, but they haven't been affectionate or non-timid enough to get homes for.

Over that time, we've seen some kittens and two appeared just recently. I was able to capture both (all black, fluffy, with just a bit of white on their chests) and bring them in, but they were only about 6 weeks at first and needed their mom. Also, the owner of this house hates cats, so we're lucky we're able to have them at all and I was forced to put them out.

I feel bad and want to keep one (unfortunately, only one is around anymore), but I doubt we'll be able to. I've brought it in a couple of times, and it's been good/affectionate then, but has also hidden under a bed for a while spurring worry it'd go to the washroom there.

I guess I'll need to try to get a home for it since I can't keep it. It's upwards of -30 out there sometimes, and we've just got a crate with a towel and some hay between the door and the wall for them to sleep in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom