• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD Ghost on Wii U official, ported by Treyarch, 5 other Activision titles too

hatchx

Banned
Thanks for the replies. I don't have much experience with the wiimote outside of Metroid. For campaign or whatever Im sure its fine. But anything outside casual play just seems impossible.

I really need to try Cod with a wiimote I guess.

I see a lot of people who are deadly online with wiimote controls.

N2NOther

Banned
Yes, I am.

The systems are more powerful, but maybe not that much but I dont believe we will be seeing anything that is a giant leap forward in terms of graphics.

Maybe better ai and other things, but I really think that people are overestimating the PS4 and especially the Xbone.

I dont see how the Xbone will work that well with 3 OS's and all of the tv crap.
Sorry but I've seen PS4 games like inFAMOUS Second Son in action and its leaps and bounds better looking that anything on the Wii U. The Wii U is only slightly more powerful than current gen consoles. Anyone who has seen the new consoles in action, in person, can see how much better the games look. And this is only the first generation of games. They'll look significantly better in a couple of years. "Giant leap" the way things went from PS2 to PS3? Maybe not but the difference is and will continue to be significant. Saying anything else is just delusional and reeks of justification and excuses. No offense meant, just how I see it.

Sorry but I've seen PS4 games like inFAMOUS Second Son in action and its leaps and bounds better looking that anything on the Wii U. The Wii U is only slightly more powerful than current gen consoles. Anyone who has seen the new consoles in action, in person, can see how much better the games look. And this is only the first generation of games. They'll look significantly better in a couple of years. "Giant leap" the way things went from PS2 to PS3? Maybe not but the difference is and will continue to be significant. Saying anything else is just delusional and reeks of justification and excuses. No offense meant, just how I see it.

its also only the first generation of gamers for wii u, they could just as easily look significantly better in a couple of years

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Um, I wouldn't count on it. (It'd be nice to be wrong though)
Recent CODs have come out for Nintendo consoles, but GTA hasn't really been on there I believe...

except like ChinaTown Wars for the DS.

Chinatown Wars is the most underappreciated game on the DS. It was damn good and sold like butt :/

interesting

hopefully it sells I do not like COD my first COD was the last one I got for my Wii U launch so not sure but if I liked FPS I would support this version

Arkam

All I know is that unless I pull the trigger in a XB1/PS4 this fall I think I will probably be picking this up on the WiiU.

While I think the community will lack the depth (and skill) for XBL, I think the off screen play will make up for it.

Lol at the implication that dual analog is better than non-borked wiimote.
Utterly laughable.

At any rate, I'm hoping this is like a day 2 for me. I don't really mind the playerbase being small. Didn't mind it on BO2, and I highly doubt it would be smaller on Ghosts.

Right now nothing on PS4/XB1 is really jaw dropping, so I am not convinced yet on them. I will play the waiting game, because I think we will get major advancements in the PC space, oculus rift, plus beefier cards, so I will probably have my Nintendo games and some 3rd party games because of Off Tv, plus the highest end graphics on the PC and get a PS4 when it is cheaper, since I plan on staying offline on the PS4.

Free online FTW on Wii U and PC!!!

CoD Ghosts has a high probability of being a good port on the Wii U, plus I have BO2 and loved it.

Really hope Nintendo stays free online, because I am not planning to pay for something that has always been free, that is a big deal to me and if not I will stay PC only. That is my deal breaker with PS4, the $400 tag is disguised with the online fee

Have you "seen it" or seen it. (Have you actually seen gameplay or a video big difference)

Also, Wii U is clearly much stronger then current gen systems, look up the shinen interview in particular.

I understand that is how you see it, we will see what happens after it launches and down the road in a few years.

I am not saying the PS4 games will look bad, I just feel that people have put it on a pedestal and that is always going to lead to disappointment.

PS4 is clearly stronger than the Wii U and Xbone, I just feel that in particular the xbone is going to be disappointing with quality compared to the PS4 and possibly the wii u.
I dont see how a system can run 3 OS's concurrently and still run games that well.

popeutlal

Lol at the implication that dual analog is better than non-borked wiimote.
Utterly laughable.

At any rate, I'm hoping this is like a day 2 for me. I don't really mind the playerbase being small. Didn't mind it on BO2, and I highly doubt it would be smaller on Ghosts.
I found in my experience playing Black Ops 2 on Wii U...every single person using the Wiimote is terrible, they're easy pickings and always at the bottom on the leader board.

KoopaTheCasual

its also only the first generation of gamers for wii u, they could just as easily look significantly better in a couple of years

and what, PS4 and XB1 titles won't? This is a ridiculous argument. The WiiU (if it attempts to go for photorealistic titles like the PS4 and XB1 are going for) is always going to looks noticeably graphically inferior to the PS4/XB1 counterparts. Nintendo flourishes through its titles with exceptional art direction and style, like Wonderful 101. Nintendo's strength is not their graphical fidelity, but user experience, library diversity (hopefully for the WiiU in the future), and general creativity.

Stop trying to argue that it will somehow 'manage' to be as graphically capable as either the PS4 or XB1, it's not going to happen, on paper or reality. It has never been a goal for Nintendo since the dawn of the Wii, so you shouldn't expect it to magically materialize.

and what, PS4 and XB1 titles won't? This is a ridiculous argument. The WiiU (if it attempts to go for photorealistic titles like the PS4 and XB1 are going for) is always going to looks noticeably graphically inferior to the PS4/XB1 counterparts. Nintendo flourishes through its titles with exceptional art direction and style, like Wonderful 101. Nintendo's strength is not their graphical fidelity, but user experience, library diversity (hopefully for the WiiU in the future), and general creativity.

Stop trying to argue that it will somehow 'manage' to be as graphically capable as either the PS4 or XB1, it's not going to happen, on paper or reality. It has never been a goal for Nintendo since the dawn of the Wii, so you shouldn't expect it to magically materialize.

Its not Wii vs PS360 again, many can live with that graphical fidelity including myself, better if the game is fun.

And thinking about getting my graphics fix on the PC, I have a gut feeling the PS4/XB1 expectations will fall flat, hope not, as I intend to pick up a PS4 in 2 years.

I was a graphics whore, but now I am more interested in the games being fun and introducing new ideas, if the game happens to be a looker, well great, it is an added bonus but not the main draw.

Its not Wii vs PS360 again, many can live with that graphical fidelity, better if the game is fun.

And thinking about getting my graphics fix on the PC, I have a gut feeling the PS4/XB1 expectations will fall flat, hope not, as I intend to pick up a PS4 in 2 years.

I have the same feelings, anyways I have a really good laptop that can play new games and a wii u.

answering the bolded primarily, did I ever say that? no I was just mentioning to someone who said that ps4/bone will look better over time that wii u games will too

yes theres a gap in powah and grafficks, a noticeable one even, just that its much less of a gap than one would traditaionally associate with a generation

The graphics arguments are sillier each generation.

Especially silly now because none of the systems are real slouches.

I could see hating on the Wii for visuals but systems have come far enough that while this or that system may have technically better aesthetics than some other one, none of this makes any system visually obsolete.

It's all about the games and really always has been.

I'd rather play Black Ops 2 than the new Killzone.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
PS4 is clearly stronger than the Wii U and Xbone, I just feel that in particular the xbone is going to be disappointing with quality compared to the PS4 and possibly the wii u.
I dont see how a system can run 3 OS's concurrently and still run games that well.

Just FYI, it's not actually 3 OSes on the Xbone. There is the games OS, the Windows 8 related one, and then a hypervisor. The hypervisor essentially manages the two "OSes" (think of virtual machines if you're familiar with that), and will probably be able to turn the majority of the system's resources towards the games while some other background tasks are idling on the "other" OS.

Whether or not the PS4 truly proves to be more powerful than the XBone truly remains to be seen. The fact is, despite the 360 having a theoretically lower FLOPS count than the PS3, it was just a lot easier to get more done on the 360. The PS3 had weird bottlenecks and so forth. In a couple years, we'll find out how powerful each console truly is (PS4/XB1/WiiU), and then know what their strengths and weaknesses are.

Just FYI, it's not actually 3 OSes on the Xbone. There is the games OS, the Windows 8 related one, and then a hypervisor. The hypervisor essentially manages the two "OSes" (think of virtual machines if you're familiar with that), and will probably be able to turn the majority of the system's resources towards the games while some other background tasks are idling on the "other" OS.

Whether or not the PS4 truly proves to be more powerful than the XBone truly remains to be seen. The fact is, despite the 360 having a theoretically lower FLOPS count than the PS3, it was just a lot easier to get more done on the 360. The PS3 had weird bottlenecks and so forth. In a couple years, we'll find out how powerful each console truly is (PS4/XB1/WiiU), and then know what their strengths and weaknesses are.

Thx for the clarification, I still think the Xbone is a bad idea though, but we will know soon enough.

Hope it gets a nice little population this time. I enjoyed Blops 2 the most on the Wii U after I got used to the tablet controls. Been a CoD gamer on the 360 since CoD2 but I did enjoy playing on the Wii U more this time around. There's something nice about having all the options instantly available without having to pause the game. I realize it's a tiny little thing they did but it hooked me.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I don't think he said that unless I missed his post. He said the difference graphically between WiiU and PS4bone won't be as noticeable as Wii vs. PS360. Only time will tell

EDarkness

It's time for Wii U owners(myself included) to step up and support the release. I have a 360, PC and Wii U. I will buy the Wii U version to show support for third parties!

Seriously you Nintendo owners, you people need to support these releases(obviously based on it being a credible port) or you'll only be playing first party Nintendo games on the system in the next year or so.

Wii U owners got a bum deal last time and will probably get a bum deal this time. They got me by the balls because I enjoy playing FPS games with the remote and there aren't many options on that front. However, considering that Wii U guys never even got the Nuke Town map, why would any serious CoD player pick up the Wii U version. So many Wii U CoD players were understandably pissed off that they didn't get any DLC.

So players are supposed to pick up the Wii U version out of the kindness of their hearts? All of the other stuff (off-TV, remote use, and local co-op) are nice, but at the end of the day, the game didn't get supported where it counted. Miiverse was flooded daily by people asking for more support, same with the Treyarch forums. You can bet that if the Wii U version comes off the same as Black Ops 2, then expect the same result.

The_Lump

Banned
rK3hfTs.gif

Ha, was just looking to reply with that same gif :)

The Fuck indeed. As many have mentioned, you don't have to be a 'fanboy' to be underwhelmed by PS4 or XBones potential launch lineup. It's not to everyone's tastes.

For me, personally, WiiUs lineup in the same period is pretty darn sweet.

(On the subject, Q3 & 4 for WiiU will be amazing. I've never ever planned on buying so many games for one platform in a 6 month period - and 5 of them are exclusives. COD Ghost has just joined the list though :D)

BD1

Banned
You want to make a shit load of money on this version, Activision? Cut a deal with Nintendo for an exclusive "Hyrule Ruins" DLC Map. You can literally build a map with the ruins of a Medival looking castle town and slap a few TriForce logos on some of the buildings.

spoken like a true nintendo fan. It's not like PS4/X1 wont get any more games after launch or for the next 6 years.

The fuck?

Hahahaha, wait. You're serious?

He better not be.

This is some bullshit and you know it.

Well, it's up to the player, actually. I'm way better with the Wii controller than the 360 controller when it comes to FPS games.
I agree with his statement. It feels pretty good to play
with the Wiimote.

hatchx

Banned
You want to make a shit load of money on this version, Activision? Cut a deal with Nintendo for an exclusive "Hyrule Ruins" DLC Map. You can literally build a map with the ruins of a Medival looking castle town and slap a few TriForce logos on some of the buildings.

I thought about this once, how cool it would be for one or two Nintendo themed maps. I think it'd really help the game sell on the console.

I'd love a Mushroom Kingdom wastelands.

guek

Banned

They'd have to be willing to bring DLC to the platform to begin with -_-;

EDarkness

That is wrong. IW was much better, but even after their mishap they still rock the socks of Treyarch. At least IW can get the PS3 version running as good as the 360 version unlike Treyarch.

I've always hated Infinity Ward CoD games. They just weren't fun for me. My favorite CoD games were always Treyarch games. Black Ops, Call of Duty 3, and World at War. I'm willing to give this one a shot since the head guys left. I'm hoping for the best.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
I found in my experience playing Black Ops 2 on Wii U...every single person using the Wiimote is terrible, they're easy pickings and always at the bottom on the leader board.

I use the wiimote and I consistently was top or near top of the leaderboard. So satisfying hunting down snipers with my semi-auto Assault rifle. And that is without aim assist.

Did they ever fix them properly? I gave up and sold it because it was just frustrating to have it so broken.

Yes, in fact for a few days it was so broken that they had to hotfix by disabling aim-assist for the wiimote.

StevieP

Banned
Thanks for the replies. I don't have much experience with the wiimote outside of Metroid. For campaign or whatever Im sure its fine. But anything outside casual play just seems impossible.

I really need to try Cod with a wiimote I guess.

Wiimote IR is much, much, much more accurate than dual analog (even with its cheating auto aim algorithms) as long as the settings are right. An IR player is almost as accurate as a mouse and will smoke a dual analog user because the control is that much more precise.

Top Bottom