• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Five Thread: Gondo, But Not Forgotten

Also, I don't know if you realize, but Clemson has a bad reputation for performing in the spotlight.

Brian Kelly is like 2-5 against the AP top 12 while at ND, but I can understand that we're the ones to bet against. Either way, I don't really care. Just thought it was a pretty large swing.

andycapps

Yeah, I've been trying to figure this out. Not the "How", as that's obvious (rhymes with Truman Growth Hormone). I'm trying to figure out what role he's playing. No way he can play that WR role that some thought he was. Or will he...

CA51cHLWoAAnaAJ.jpg

Here he is next to Derrick Henry and Ronnie Clark

Oh, he's from IMG. Someone should really do a study on IMG and how that whole thing works. It's basically minor leagues for colleges, but it's also a highschool. I know UGA is recruiting Isaac Nauta from there (TE) for next year. Tons of top prospects coming out of there because a lot of the top recruits are transferring there around their junior year to get the extra exposure that comes with flying out for each game to play the best teams in each state.

AFAIK, IMG is a private, for-profit highschool. And it's very expensive. I believe the athletes coming there get financial assistance in some way, but the whole thing seems really weird. Their facilities are ridiculous.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Yeah, I've been trying to figure this out. Not the "How", as that's obvious (rhymes with Truman Growth Hormone). I'm trying to figure out what role he's playing. No way he can play that WR role that some thought he was. Or will he...

CA51cHLWoAAnaAJ.jpg

Here he is next to Derrick Henry and Ronnie Clark

I'm sorry, but didn't you mean to write "Deer Antler Spray" there?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Oh, he's from IMG. Someone should really do a study on IMG and how that whole thing works. It's basically minor leagues for colleges, but it's also a highschool. I know UGA is recruiting Isaac Nauta from there (TE) for next year. Tons of top prospects coming out of there because a lot of the top recruits are transferring there around their junior year to get the extra exposure that comes with flying out for each game to play the best teams in each state.
He screwed himself academically by going there as they didn't make sure he completed all of the proper coursework. That's why he's only a true freshman this year despite being a 2014 signee.

andycapps

He screwed himself academically by going there as they didn't make sure he completed all of the proper coursework. That's why he's only a true freshman this year despite being a 2014 signee.

Right, the academic side of things there seems really strange. The whole school is driven by sports and seems to be the kids only focus. I guess it's giving them good prep for college when they ain't coming to play school anyway.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm sorry, but didn't you mean to write "Deer Antler Spray" there?

Only if by Deer Antler Spray, you mean, the entire Deer is pureed into his veins, causing him to increase his mass to be equal to one part human being, one part deer.

He actually looks a bit bigger than Henry...

You guys remember that one time Tennessee was up 27-14 with 4 mins left in the game and lost 28-27. That was a good day.

On that note: was a post from a Gator fan who has lived in Knoxville for 21 years who says he has never seen them like this. That loss just crushed their souls. Perhaps that's why I feel so energetic this week. Their misery is my life source.

Lonestar

You guys remember that one time Tennessee was up 27-14 with 4 mins left in the game and lost 28-27. That was a good day.

On that note: was a post from a Gator fan who has lived in Knoxville for 21 years who says he has never seen them like this. That loss just crushed their souls. Perhaps that's why I feel so energetic this week. Their misery is my life source.

I was in Tennessee the weekend of the Alabama/Tennessee game where Terrence Cody blocked 2 Field Goals to win it, back in 2009. Those were some good tears.

cashman

Banned
That's the last straw with me. Time for Texas to leave the conference and go independent or join another conference. Anything is better than this shit conference of incompetence

I don't know what you were expecting. Officials are never held accountable for things they do during the game. The officiating definitely cost us the win but there was still plenty of positive development in the game.

KodaRuss

It was. Texas deserves this.. They weren't the only ones who caused the fubar with the BIG XII, but they deserve the lion's share of the blame.

I think Texas would definitely take the blame, they were looking out for their own interests. Which is what Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri and A&M did as well. I think any school would have jumped at the chance to start their own network.

The current state of the Big 12 is really depressing because it was a strong conference before the departures. They just needed to renegotiate the TV deal earlier and Dan Bebee just kind of sat on his hands while this whole thing was going down.

Texas did go to A&M early in the process about starting a network for the state to cover both teams and possibly more colleges (TT, Baylor, TCU etc.) and they turned them down so Texas did not pursue that if they couldn't get the other big university in Texas onboard.

I think Texas would definitely take the blame, they were looking out for their own interests. Which is what Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri and A&M did as well. I think any school would have jumped at the chance to start their own network.

The current state of the Big 12 is really depressing because it was a strong conference before the departures. They just needed to renegotiate the TV deal earlier and Dan Bebee just kind of sat on his hands while this whole thing was going down.

Texas did go to A&M early in the process about starting a network for the state to cover both teams and possibly more colleges (TT, Baylor, TCU etc.) and they turned them down so Texas did not pursue that if they couldn't get the other big university in Texas onboard.

I know why Texas did it. I understand their reasons. But it doesn't mean that they weren't selfish and shitty because they were. Texas ran roughshod over the conference for years (they made and had the most money in the conference) and people got tired of the bullshit and trying to keep them happy.

Texas deserves the lion's share of the blame. But the others weren't completely blameless.

Lonestar

So, Georgia, what's going on here???

Georgia wide receiver Isaiah McKenzie was accused of making “terroristic threats or acts” to a female complainant at Chili’s on Alps Road on Sept. 28 at about 10:40 p.m. according to an Athens-Clarke County Police Report obtained by The Red & Black.

---

The report lists as witnesses safety Dominick Sanders, wide receiver Terry Godwin, linebacker D’Andre Walker and safety Jarvis Wilson.

Ganhyun

andycapps

Was just coming here to post this. If there turns out to be anything to this, McKenzie will be off the team and Auburn will be on the phone ASAP.

Losing him would definitely hurt as he's been a great kick and punt returner. Though I do get annoyed at how predictable he is in dancing around when he catches the ball and backtracking, rather than running north and south. Problem I have with backtracking and dancing around is that by the time you've faked out the player you were one on one with, 5 others have arrived and are tackling you for a loss.

Isaiah Mckenzie reportedly told the female that "he was going to call some friends and they were going to come out and he was going to kill her.”

Context would be nice. It all depends how he said it. If he said it with a serious tone then he should be in trouble. But what if he said "I'll kill you" in Achmed the terrorists voice by Jeff Dunham? I've said that to people before

andycapps

Looks like the police didn't find anything in their initial investigation. Guess we'll see what happens. This isn't Tallahassee.

According to an Athens-Clarke County police incident report, McKenzie is accused of “making terroristic threats” to a female complainant at the Chili’s restaurant on Alps Road at 10:28 p.m. Monday night. A woman named Maya Labat claims McKenzie told her “he was going to call some friends and they were going to come out and he was going to kill her,” according to the report.

However, officers interviewed witnesses at the scene, saw no reason to arrest McKenzie and no charges were filed. The incident remains under investigation, police said.

I'm still alive. All you fuckers probably forgot about me since I didn't have time to find out where you were hiding these threads.

Gators still shitty. Reminds me of our fraudulent 11-2 season under Muschamp. Thrill of victory over Tennessee is worth what I assume will be a vicious pantsing this weekend. Still, halfway to 8-4!

Quake1028

Not sure if anyone else will find this interesting, but here is a look at the current Top 15 2016 recruiting classes, around 4 months from signing day. This is a composite ranking averaging 24/7, ESPN, Rivals and Scout.

l7STdFK.png

I'm still alive. All you fuckers probably forgot about me since I didn't have time to find out where you were hiding these threads.

Gators still shitty. Reminds me of our fraudulent 11-2 season under Muschamp. Thrill of victory over Tennessee is worth what I assume will be a vicious pantsing this weekend. Still, halfway to 8-4!

Wait, who are you again?

welcome back

There was nothing fraudulent about that season. We beat every team the same way: amazing defense, a solid run game, and few penalties and turnovers.

it was just destined for a game like UL because our drives took forever and we didn't score a lot because we couldn't/didn't pass. I think just about everyone said, "If we happen to play against someone and go down a few scores, we're fucked." And we were.

Kacar

Baylor v. Texas Tech - O/U Pick: 95

Thursday
Miami (-6.5) v. Cincinnati COVER

Saturday
Houston (-7.5) v. Tulsa COVER
Texas v. TCU (-13.5) COVER
Kansas v. Iowa State (-7.5) COVER
OSUn (-20.5) v. Indiana COVER
UNC v. Ga Tech (-9.5) COVER
Air Force v. Navy (-5.5) NO COVER
Alabama v. UGA (-3.5) NO COVER
WSU v. Cal (-13.5) COVER
Notre Dame (-3.5) v. Clemson NO COVER

Baylor v. Texas Tech - O/U Pick: 84

Thursday

Saturday
Houston (-7.5) v. Tulsa COVER
OSUn (-20.5) v. Indiana NO COVER
Air Force v. Navy (-5.5) COVER
Alabama v. UGA (-3.5) NO COVER
WSU v. Cal (-13.5) COVER

ag-my001

From this week's "Spurrier" article:

EDSBS said:
No, I didn't see the ref behind the grassy knoll, Texas.

You're literally saying it was a false flag operation, Texas.

Tennessee allowed so many fourth down conversions I thought Billy Graham was running the defense

El_Chino

Not sure if anyone else will find this interesting, but here is a look at the current Top 15 2016 recruiting classes, around 4 months from signing day. This is a composite ranking averaging 24/7, ESPN, Rivals and Scout.

l7STdFK.png

I'll wait unitl after the season before I put too much thought into the recruiting, curious to see the flips. Here's hoping Florida cracks the top 10 again.

Baylor v. Texas Tech - 102

Thursday
Miami (-6.5) v. Cincinnati NO Cover

Saturday
Houston (-7.5) v. Tulsa Cover
Texas v. TCU (-13.5) Cover
Kansas v. Iowa State (-7.5) Cover
OSUn (-20.5) v. Indiana No Cover
UNC v. Ga Tech (-9.5) Cover
Air Force v. Navy (-5.5) Cover
Alabama v. UGA (-3.5) Cover
WSU v. Cal (-13.5) Cover
Notre Dame (-3.5) v. Clemson Cover

Sotha_Sil

That was no fraudulent team. You got pantsed by Louisville in the Sugar, but you made it through one of the hardest regular season schedules of all time with an 11-1 record.

xeris

Baylor v. Texas Tech - O/U Pick: 76

Thursday

Saturday
Houston (-7.5) v. Tulsa NO COVER
tOSU (-20.5) v. Indiana NO COVER
Air Force v. Navy (-5.5) NO COVER
Alabama v. UGA (-3.5) COVER
WSU v. Cal (-13.5) COVER

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

Saw that posted the other day, was wondering why ESPN decided to post a video from 2011.

Some would call this guy the low point of Tech football and it's hard to argue. What that video DOESN'T show is that it was the start of the 4th quarter, in a game we were losing 63-6 to Oklahoma State, in the first losing season Tech had endured in 19 years.

I've seen the light. Kyle Flood is the greatest head coach of all time.

It's not his fault his players are out due to a robbery ring.

It's not his fault that the University can't grasp how concerned he is over the welfare of his players that he would go to extreme measures to ensure they get good grades.

It's not his fault that his team is losing football games. It's his depleted roster, and the poor coaching by the coaches on the staff. The only reason he has that staff is because the school is too cheap to give him the resources to hire better coaches.

See - Kyle Flood is great.

Top Bottom