• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Five Thread: Gondo, But Not Forgotten

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Here's something I've noticed. Alabama is playing @ Georgia in back to back occurrences (2008 and 2015). Why must Georgia always be the one to cause fuckups in the schedule (remembering the last few DSOR's being at repeat venues). Game should be at Tuscaloosa this year.

Mark Richt has lost control of the calendar.

andycapps

Here's something I've noticed. Alabama is playing @ Georgia in back to back occurrences (2008 and 2015). Why must Georgia always be the one to cause fuckups in the schedule (remembering the last few DSOR's being at repeat venues). Game should be at Tuscaloosa this year.

Mark Richt has lost control of the calendar.

UGA had to play Auburn in 2012 and 2013 at Auburn. I'm assuming that was because of conference realignment. I'm sure it'll all work out when UGA plays at Bryant-Denny what, 6 years from now?

Saw that posted the other day, was wondering why ESPN decided to post a video from 2011.

Some would call this guy the low point of Tech football and it's hard to argue. What that video DOESN'T show is that it was the start of the 4th quarter, in a game we were losing 63-6 to Oklahoma State, in the first losing season Tech had endured in 19 years.

That's why I like the .gif version better where it flashes the score near the end of the .gif while he's dancing. I wish I could find it

Baylor v. Texas Tech - O/U Pick: 43

Thursday
Miami (-6.5) v. Cincinnati NO COVER

Saturday
Houston (-7.5) v. Tulsa COVER
Texas v. TCU (-13.5) COVER
Kansas v. Iowa State (-7.5) COVER
OSUn (-20.5) v. Indiana COVER
UNC v. Ga Tech (-9.5) NO COVER
Air Force v. Navy (-5.5) COVER
Alabama v. UGA (-3.5) NO COVER
WSU v. Cal (-13.5) NO COVER
Notre Dame (-3.5) v. Clemson NO COVER

Baylor v. Texas Tech - O/U Pick: 105

Thursday
Miami (-6.5) v. Cincinnati NO COVER

Saturday
Texas v. TCU (-13.5) COVER LOL
Kansas v. Iowa State (-7.5) NO COVER
Air Force v. Navy (-5.5) NO COVER
WSU v. Cal (-13.5) COVER
Notre Dame (-3.5) v. Clemson COVER

cdyhybrid

NY Times: Court Strikes Down Payments to College Athletes

The N.C.A.A. may restrict colleges from compensating athletes beyond the cost of attendance, a three-judge panel of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit ruled on Wednesday in an apparent victory for the college sports establishment as it fights back efforts to expand athletes’ rights.

As college football — and, to a lesser extent, men’s basketball — have generated millions of dollars in revenue through TV broadcast deals and merchandise sales, some athletes have lobbied for greater financial compensation. The appeals court bluntly said that limiting compensation to the cost of attendance was legally sufficient.

Lonestar

Trying to understand this part:
CQKFZvrUwAAMvtN.png

Does that read like the NCAA could return to partnering up to make NCAA Football Games again?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
CQKFZvrUwAAMvtN.png

Does that read like the NCAA could return to partnering up to make NCAA Football Games again?

They stopped voluntarily. The court is simply saying that they could theoretically change their mind at some point in the future and resume allowing video games to be made.

NCAA said they have no plans to ever do so.

Edit: Reading through Reddit and people are misreading the hell out of this excerpt.

cdyhybrid

They stopped voluntarily. The court is simply saying that they could theoretically change their mind at some point in the future and resume allowing video games to be made.

NCAA said they have no plans to ever do so.

Edit: Reading through Reddit and people are misreading the hell out of this excerpt.

We need a big city lawya to break this down for us.

I feel like so many of these upset predictions are one analyst trying to outdo another analyst's outlandish predictions.

I think it's just trying to promote a game on TV that nobody in their right mind would bother watching without the possibility (lol) of an upset.

Nialrot

Time for the Knights to snag their first win of the season against the Green Wave Saturday!

However, free beer is intriguing with maybe a regime change at the end of the year to go along with it.

Lonestar

Joe Kines still Lives, and he wants his internet like he wants his trout. Inside.

Baylor v. Texas Tech - O/U Pick: 85

Thursday
Miami (-6.5) v. Cincinnati COVER

Saturday
Houston (-7.5) v. Tulsa NO COVER
Texas v. TCU (-13.5) COVER
Kansas v. Iowa State (-7.5) COVER
OSUn (-20.5) v. Indiana NO COVER
UNC v. Ga Tech (-9.5) COVER
WSU v. Cal (-13.5) COVER
Notre Dame (-3.5) v. Clemson NO COVER

Hrm, maybe it's just for Pac-12 conference games then.

ACC doesn't care, I know that much. I just went through the schedules. Louisville and Clemson met on Thursday in week 3, both played a game week 2. North Carolina and Pitt meet on Thursday in week 9 and both have week 8 games. Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech catch a break, though. They have byes in week 10 prior to a Thursday game in week 11.

AntoneM

CQKFZvrUwAAMvtN.png

The NCAA argued that the court cannot find that the plaintiffs suffered a loss.injury based on lost videogame revenue since the NCAA isn't and doesn't plan to be invloved in any more games. The court disagreed and pointed out that due to their profitability it is entirely possible the NCAA will be involved in videogames some time in the future.

Basically telling the NCAA that if they get involved in videogames again the court will probably rule in favor of the athletes.

That's my take anyway.

Neither would Duke losing to BC or SMU beating ECU.

Speaking of which, we are trying to guess if the Duke/BC game is going to be postponed, moved, or fuck it, let em all drown.

Yeah, one of the projections for the storm would mean a monsoon for the Clemson/ND game. I really hope a game of this magnitude isn't fucked up by mother nature.

cashman

Banned
Predict the total number of points scored! (Tiebreaker ONLY) NOTICE! THE FORMAT OF THE BONUS PICK HAS CHANGED FOR THIS WEEK!
Baylor v. Texas Tech - O/U Pick: 108

Thursday
Miami (-6.5) v. Cincinnati COVER

Saturday
Texas v. TCU (-13.5) NO COVER
Kansas v. Iowa State (-7.5) NO COVER
Alabama v. UGA (-3.5) COVER
WSU v. Cal (-13.5) COVER