• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Five Thread: Gondo, But Not Forgotten

Dsyndrome

Baylor v. Texas Tech - O/U Pick: 75

Thursday
Miami (-6.5) v. Cincinnati: COVER

Saturday
Houston (-7.5) v. Tulsa: NO COVER
Texas v. TCU (-13.5): NO COVER
Kansas v. Iowa State (-7.5): COVER
OSUn (-20.5) v. Indiana: NO COVER
UNC v. Ga Tech (-9.5): COVER
Air Force v. Navy (-5.5): COVER
Alabama v. UGA (-3.5): NO COVER
WSU v. Cal (-13.5): COVER
Notre Dame (-3.5) v. Clemson: COVER

Baylor v. Texas Tech - O/U Pick: 88

Thursday
Miami (-6.5) v. Cincinnati: No COVER

Saturday
Houston (-7.5) v. Tulsa: NO COVER
Texas v. TCU (-13.5): COVER
Kansas v. Iowa State (-7.5): no COVER
OSUn (-20.5) v. Indiana: COVER
UNC v. Ga Tech (-9.5): COVER
Air Force v. Navy (-5.5): COVER
Alabama v. UGA (-3.5): NO COVER
WSU v. Cal (-13.5): COVER
Notre Dame (-3.5) v. Clemson: No COVER

andycapps

WHAT DO I DO.

Maty Mauk is suspended for the game, but honestly, that's probably an upgrade for Missouri. Both teams are awful. This could be a 5-2 game.

Baylor v. Texas Tech - O/U Pick: 110

Thursday
Miami (-6.5) v. Cincinnati COVER

Saturday
Houston (-7.5) v. Tulsa COVER
Texas v. TCU (-13.5) COVER
Kansas v. Iowa State (-7.5) NO COVER
OSUn (-20.5) v. Indiana NO COVER
UNC v. Ga Tech (-9.5) COVER
Air Force v. Navy (-5.5) COVER
Alabama v. UGA (-3.5) COVER
WSU v. Cal (-13.5) NO COVER
Notre Dame (-3.5) v. Clemson NO COVER

Maty Mauk is suspended for the game, but honestly, that's probably an upgrade for Missouri. Both teams are awful. This could be a 5-2 game.

b3esvencqaafwdn.jpg

ryseing

Baylor v. Texas Tech - O/U Pick: 90

Thursday
Miami (-6.5) v. Cincinnati - COVER

Saturday
Houston (-7.5) v. Tulsa- NO COVER
Texas v. TCU (-13.5)- COVER
Kansas v. Iowa State (-7.5)- COVER
OSUn (-20.5) v. Indiana- NO COVER
UNC v. Ga Tech (-9.5)- NO COVER
Air Force v. Navy (-5.5)- COVER
Alabama v. UGA (-3.5)- COVER
WSU v. Cal (-13.5)- COVER
Notre Dame (-3.5) v. Clemson- NO COVER

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Baylor v. Texas Tech - O/U Pick: 105

Thursday

Saturday
Houston (-7.5) v. Tulsa NO COVER
Texas v. TCU (-13.5) COVER
Kansas v. Iowa State (-7.5) COVER
UNC v. Ga Tech (-9.5) NO COVER
WSU v. Cal (-13.5) COVER

Baylor v. Texas Tech - O/U Pick: 105

Thursday
Miami (-6.5) v. Cincinnati NO COVER

Saturday
Texas v. TCU (-13.5) NO COVER
Air Force v. Navy (-5.5) NO COVER

Predict the total number of points scored! (Tiebreaker ONLY) NOTICE! THE FORMAT OF THE BONUS PICK HAS CHANGED FOR THIS WEEK!
Baylor v. Texas Tech - O/U Pick: 95

Thursday
Miami (-6.5) v. Cincinnati No Cover

Saturday
Houston (-7.5) v. Tulsa Cover
Texas v. TCU (-13.5) Cover
Kansas v. Iowa State (-7.5) Cover
OSUn (-20.5) v. Indiana Cover
UNC v. Ga Tech (-9.5) Cover
Air Force v. Navy (-5.5) Cover
Alabama v. UGA (-3.5) No Cover
WSU v. Cal (-13.5) Cover
Notre Dame (-3.5) v. Clemson No Cover

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
The best possible outcome is a 0-0 tie after regulation and then somehow one of the teams forcing a safety. Getting a safety when the offense starts on the opponents 25 yd line would be the best ending ever.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Too bad the game is in Missouri and not South Carolina. We could have been rooting for the game to be a 0-0 tie up to the point that it gets rained out by the hurricane.

Westonian

Baylor v. Texas Tech - O/U Pick: 82

Thursday
Miami (-6.5) v. Cincinnati - Cover

Saturday
Houston (-7.5) v. Tulsa - No Cover
Texas v. TCU (-13.5) - No Cover
Kansas v. Iowa State (-7.5) - Cover
OSUn (-20.5) v. Indiana - Cover
UNC v. Ga Tech (-9.5) - No Cover
Air Force v. Navy (-5.5) - No Cover
Alabama v. UGA (-3.5) - Cover
WSU v. Cal (-13.5) - Cover
Notre Dame (-3.5) v. Clemson - Cover

cashman

Banned
The over under part on pickems really doesnt' make sense to me. Am I saying that Baylor and Tech will score over 108 or under 108?

Just put a thousand on it with the typical Whose Line caveat that the points don't matter. After the last game, mre will arbitrarily declare a winner to read the credits.

ag-my001

Baylor v. Texas Tech - O/U Pick: 82

Thursday
Miami (-6.5) v. Cincinnati NO COVER

Saturday
Alabama v. UGA (-3.5) NO COVER

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
The over under part on pickems really doesnt' make sense to me. Am I saying that Baylor and Tech will score over 108 or under 108?

The examples in the OP clear it up pretty well:

Michigan State vs. Western Michigan - O/U - 56 points | This pick is for MSU and WMU to score a combined 56 points.

Basically, just ignore the "O/U" part and pay attention to the "Predict the total number of points scored" part.

andycapps

Looking forward to the rainy storms that will plaque eastern games this week.

UGA vs Bama will be interesting. Then again, it was raining last week and the field looked completely fine at the end. The grounds people do a great job there. Obviously QB's and WR's will be negatively impacted.

Pretty cool article on Jeremy Pruitt's rise from walk-on at Bama, coaching with Rush Propst at Hoover HS, working at Bama, then FSU, then UGA.

This is an interesting comment from Propst about UGA prior to Pruitt. And there seems to be some merit to it. Many in the media have noticed a change in the program since he came, especially from some in the media that used to cover Bama.

"They were a little bit more country club and lackadaisical, in my opinion, at Georgia before Jeremy's arrival," Propst said. "I know they had some successful teams, but the last several years, the weight room wasn't very tough, practice wasn't very tough. Jeremy has a way to make things tough and make kids enjoy playing for him. He makes no bones about it."

Another reason not to venture out of the CFB thread, you learn fellows posters positions and thoughts on other topics and think of them differently now.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
UGA vs Bama will be interesting. Then again, it was raining last week and the field looked completely fine at the end. The grounds people do a great job there. Obviously QB's and WR's will be negatively impacted.

Pretty cool article on Jeremy Pruitt's rise from walk-on at Bama, coaching with Rush Propst at Hoover HS, working at Bama, then FSU, then UGA.

This is an interesting comment from Propst about UGA prior to Pruitt. And there seems to be some merit to it. Many in the media have noticed a change in the program since he came, especially from some in the media that used to cover Bama.

Keep hyping him up Georgia fans/media. Get him that head job even earlier than he would have gotten otherwise.

Draxal - I'm pretty disappointed in your lack of faith in Kyle Flood. You are not a true Rutgers fan. In fact, you are on the bandwagon.

Kyle Flood needs your support more than ever now, and you are turning your back on our great coach. This is because you do not understand greatness. By not sticking by Kyle Flood you are encouraging the mediocrity of Rutgers to prosper. It is your negative thoughts that are impacting recruits. Repent.

Another reason not to venture out of the CFB thread, you learn fellows posters positions and thoughts on other topics and think of them differently now.

For me, it's just a nice reminder that while people might have differing thoughts on stuff, they're still usually good people. I disagree with my family on pretty much everything politically but I still love them. I think if you take with the right mindset it's a good way to just accept that there are a wide variety of opinions but you can still be friends.

As far as I know CFB-GAF doesn't have any climate change deniers, anti-vaxxers, or 9/11 truthers or whatever, so I'm not too bothered by anybody's opinions otherwise.

Draxal

Draxal - I'm pretty disappointed in your lack of faith in Kyle Flood. You are not a true Rutgers fan. In fact, you are on the bandwagon.

Kyle Flood needs your support more than ever now, and you are turning your back on our great coach. This is because you do not understand greatness. By not sticking by Kyle Flood you are encouraging the mediocrity of Rutgers to prosper. It is your negative thoughts that are impacting recruits. Repent.

RutgersAl has turned against Flood now, our boards are great now.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Sounds like something that will play into Bama's favor, since Bama's offense is not going to have much success in the passing game regardless.

Still think UGA wins though. Close, low scoring first half if Bama doesn't make a lot of mistakes, then UGA gets a couple scores up in the second half.

At the very least, I feel like there is a greater opportunity to win this game than against Ole Miss, but I thought that game was going to be a much bigger disaster than it was.

Draxal

For me, it's just a nice reminder that while people might have differing thoughts on stuff, they're still usually good people. I disagree with my family on pretty much everything politically but I still love them. I think if you take with the right mindset it's a good way to just accept that there are a wide variety of opinions but you can still be friends.

As far as I know CFB-GAF doesn't have any climate change deniers, anti-vaxxers, or 9/11 truthers or whatever, so I'm not too bothered by anybody's opinions otherwise.

Holy, shit i just read your post on 999 and VLR .... truer words never have been spoken, 999's twist was the best ever and that whole game was a masterpiece compared to vlr.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Baylor v. Texas Tech - O/U Pick: 87

Thursday

Saturday
Kansas v. Iowa State (-7.5) NO COVER
UNC v. Ga Tech (-9.5) NO COVER
Air Force v. Navy (-5.5) NO COVER