• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2015 Week Five Thread: Gondo, But Not Forgotten

I hate that there's so much hype for the Ole Miss game. Gators have barely squeezed by Kentucky and Tennessee...
And now I've seen so many posts jacking up the prices for the Ole Miss game...

We're gonna get pantsed most likely.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Someone else needs to do the threads and the pick 'em for a while if you guys give a shit. I'm sick of comments like this just skating on by.

Later, guys.

No need to leave CFB-GAF for that, just don't wander outside of our safe confines.

I still visit other threads but I don't think I've posted anywhere else since around 2013.

Also can someone find me the gif of the UF flag girl doing a chant with her head while eating food?

8d4Sdmd.gif

Limedust

The ONLY reason I visit GAF anymore is for the CFB threads. The rest of the forum is an intellectual dump where debate is no longer fairly monitored.

bachikarn

I hate that there's so much hype for the Ole Miss game. Gators have barely squeezed by Kentucky and Tennessee...

Doubted we get pantsed. It's going to be a low scoring defensive battle. Ole Miss doesn't have much of a run game and their OL isn't very good.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Also, make sure you attempt to have less than 5 turnovers.

Watch out for their trick play, the Triple Lindy. It hits for massive damage.

Look guys, let's get back to discussing football.

I'm excited for the game against Michigan State next week. Looking forward to the game plan that Kyle Flood is cooking up. I'm confident that we're going to upset them. #2 ranked teams tend to fall at High Point Solutions Stadium.

El_Chino

Much stranger things have happened.

The more exciting game to watch would be Notre Dame vs Clemson.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Who knew that black was an alternate shade of scarlet and gray.

Looks like Texas Tech's uniforms. That said, I've seen much worse alts.

Everybody has uniforms that look like Texas Tech's uniforms these days, because black is one of our primary colors and we've been wearing black-black-black uniforms for at least a decade and a half. At some point everybody else realized it looked cool and started wearing them even though black is an official color for very few schools (we did the same thing with our all grays in recent years, of course). Really annoying to see schools like Baylor roll out in what are basically our uniforms outside of a few highlights being green instead of red.

One thing I like about the black-red-black uniforms we wore against TCU is that they not only look pretty good but they're a combination that few if any other schools wear. Would be nice to wear those more often and have a more established unique look.

Doubted we get pantsed. It's going to be a low scoring defensive battle. Ole Miss doesn't have much of a run game and their OL isn't very good.

Depends most heavily on two things: whether we remember how to tackle and whether offense has some semblance of sustaining drives.

The best weapon against this Miss offense, other than our defense, is keeping them off the field.

If we just keep going 3 and out, 3 and out, it'll get ugly.

I'm really looking for UF to have a good, first drive. Don't even care if it ends in points. If it can chew up a few minutes and it looks like we can move the ball against OM, that'll be a good sign. If we go 3 and out our first drive and look incompetent, I think we'll have an idea of how that game will end.

Limedust

Do I want to know what happened now?

For me... nothing specific. In reading any of the OT threads, though, it's quite clear that a civilized discussion without being mobbed isn't possible. I no longer care to share my opinion about anything... buy CFB.

Draxal

Look guys, let's get back to discussing football.

I'm excited for the game against Michigan State next week. Looking forward to the game plan that Kyle Flood is cooking up. I'm confident that we're going to upset them. #2 ranked teams tend to fall at High Point Solutions Stadium.

We got brand new helmets for head coach Norries Willson.

CQU-hTVUsAIGrSU.jpg

Downhome

I live just minutes down the road from Clemson. I can't wait for this game, it's going to be amazing. They are going forward with it even though we have winds of up to 40mph and up to 10-20 inches of rain predicted. It's going to be an epic mess, and will be a ton of fun to watch. Some people are selling their tickets at huge discounts, and I've even seen some people offering them for free because they don't want to go and sit in the rain. If I wasn't so sure I'd get my normal "fall" sinus infection then I'd absolutely jump on it to go. I was going to go before but people were selling tickets for hundreds, into the thousands, of dollars before this weather news broke.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
“We’re tired of the Big 12 trophies,” Baylor defensive end Jamal Palmer said. “We want to get on the national championship scene.”
“The first year it was just winning the Big 12 championship,” Drango said. “Then it was winning it again to prove it wasn’t a fluke. Now it’s a standard we have.”

Baylor is 2-6 in bowl games since 1993 and only last year managed to surpass Kansas in Big 12 conference game wins. Note that out of those 6 bowl games in the last 22 seasons, 5 of them were the last 5 seasons.

Just a stone's throw from a streak of 14 straight years with a losing record and they apparently think conference championships are passe.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
“We’re tired of the Big 12 trophies,” Baylor defensive end Jamal Palmer said. “We want to get on the national championship scene.”
“The first year it was just winning the Big 12 championship,” Drango said. “Then it was winning it again to prove it wasn’t a fluke. Now it’s a standard we have.”

Baylor is 2-6 in bowl games since 1993 and only last year managed to surpass Kansas in Big 12 conference game wins. Note that out of those 6 bowl games in the last 22 seasons, 5 of them were the last 5 seasons.

Just a stone's throw from a streak of 14 straight years with a losing record and they apparently think conference championships are passe.

Baylor fans are going to drop off faster than Duck fans the moment they start losing.

I live just minutes down the road from Clemson. I can't wait for this game, it's going to be amazing. They are going forward with it even though we have winds of up to 40mph and up to 10-20 inches of rain predicted. It's going to be an epic mess, and will be a ton of fun to watch. Some people are selling their tickets at huge discounts, and I've even seen some people offering them for free because they don't want to go and sit in the rain. If I wasn't so sure I'd get my normal "fall" sinus infection then I'd absolutely jump on it to go. I was going to go before but people were selling tickets for hundreds, into the thousands, of dollars before this weather news broke.
Yeah, I would have made the trip up if the tickets weren't already skyrocketing into ridiculous price ranges. I settled with Georgia Tech tickets next week and other games beyond. It will be a glorious mess though.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
These dumb turnovers are killing them. Mangum needs to learn to throw it away sometimes or quit trying to force every single pass. Kid is lights out when he is on, but he makes some spotty calls sometimes.

Some folks near the top of the Yahoo leaderboard haven't made picks yet. This BYU game is one you've already missed. Don't miss others!

Edit: Missing picks from these folks, not including the people that haven't played after the first week.

Frustrated_Grunt's P Good Pick
Jhriad's Picks
GoldenEye 007 (#6 overall!)
Texas Seminole Exes (#5 overall!)
Haloid1177 (#3 overall!)

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Texas was really close to being unblemished until they wore those hideous alternates for the OU game a couple years ago.

Nothing beats Nebraska's Red Rising unis from last year's Illinois game:

001.jpg

Apparently Nebraska is just some Sun Belt conference team or is a member of the XFL. WTF. I don't pretend our unis are as classic as Penn St, Notre Dame, USC, or Michigan, but they are still pretty iconic and that garbage doesn't have a place on the field.

I am undecided whether this year's red letters on black jersey and pants is better or worse, but once again, we may as well be Texas Tech at this point. Our colors are not red and black, they are scarlet and cream...

Top Bottom