• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Four - Off-Season Thread - tOSU wins it all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Kelly is a bit of a shit stain.
He circled the wagons so fast that he forgot to see if anybody was inside.

http://www.uhnd.com/football/2016-season/brian-kellys-defense-defensive-staff-offensive-31961/

I'm sure he will moderately be taken to task by the local media but his defense of the defensive coaching staff has been delusional.

For the record I'm not really bothered by coaches calling out players as a whole especially about turnovers. Tackling problems are a bit tougher to blame entirely on the players.

35 points should have been enough to beat Duke.

I was actually in a house filled with Longhorns for the game last week. I was rooting for them. Between UT, Tech and Baylor I'd rather UT do well.

Houston being that high was an eye opener though

squicken

After all the QB drama and coordinator change I figured this A&M team would suck. I'm still not sure how good they are and I do not trust Knight, but they are at least looking really good so far. A lot of NFL talent on that team

Aggie insult about the Longhorns. Tea sippers, them queeny ultight rich boys from Austin!

yeah I never thought it was much of an insult. Texas isn't very good and is in another conference. Ags need to let it go

ag-my001

After all the QB drama and coordinator change I figured this A&M team would suck. I'm still not sure how good they are and I do not trust Knight, but they are looking really good. A lot of NFL talent on that team

yeah I never thought it was much of an insult. Texas isn't very good and is in another conference. Ags need to let it go

We still don't have a full picture of what all the locker room issues were (do we?), but we are definitely outperforming expectations no matter who our QB would have been this year.

As for Texas, a few years off is good, but that game needs to be played again.

Domers lost and bruins got ruined?

Well, misery loves company I guess

Oh my

Oregon lost to Colorado too? Lol wow

I watched the LSU loss on the plane. Thought they were going to get away with that bullshit luck again, lol

squicken

We still don't have a full picture of what all the locker room issues were (do we?),.

Well they parted ways with Spatival, who got into a cursing match with Kyler Murray. Allen had said he was misled at the start of the season about playing time. So I think Spatival must have been a problem. Hard to blame the QBs when it was 3 of them that went and transferred

ag-my001

Allen has had some excellent throws. If not for those two goal line stops, this would have been a very different game. Give the kid credit, not his fault he's playing for Bielema.

Domers lost and bruins got ruined?

Well, misery loves company I guess

Oh my

Oregon lost to Colorado too? Lol wow

I watched the LSU loss on the plane. Thought they were going to get away with that bullshit luck again, lol
This was not a good week to be a ND/Houston pro sports fan. I need a hug.

ag-my001

Huh, SVP just did a shout out to Every Day Should Be Saturday.

That's cool.

Next week for the Decided Schematic Advantage, right?

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I wouldn't hate Texas so much if the media didnt cream themselves over tu winning a game.

Case in point, ranking them 11 and claiming they are back after 1 game.

As it turns out Texas still sucks and their big win was against a garbage ND team. But hey, ESPN really likes the narrative that helps the failure known as the Longhorn Network.

I never want to play TU again and I hope they cause espn to go down with them.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I wouldn't hate Texas so much if the media didnt cream themselves over tu winning a game.

Case in point, ranking them 11 and claiming they are back after 1 game.

As it turns out Texas still sucks and their big win was against a garbage ND team. But hey, ESPN really likes the narrative that helps the failure known as the Longhorn Network.

I never want to play TU again and I hope they cause espn to go down with them.

I do love your dedication in not calling them UT. I agree about your assessment of the team, though. They are average at best and never deserved that 11 ranking. They are the precise reason this year why preseason and early season rankings should be abolished from the game. They beat Notre Dame, who then gets beat again, and again, and so on.

Beating a scrub who can't even beat other scrub teams doesn't deserve a ranking.

I do love your dedication in not calling them UT. I agree about your assessment of the team, though. They are average at best and never deserved that 11 ranking. They are the precise reason this year why preseason and early season rankings should be abolished from the game. They beat Notre Dame, who then gets beat again, and again, and so on.

Beating a scrub who can't even beat other scrub teams doesn't deserve a ranking.
This happens every year though. It's not like this is the year that finally proved that preseason rankings are stupid.

Sure, in retrospect it sounds funny, but the fumble out of the end zone the first possession, the fumble on the goal line, 15-yard penalties, etc. It felt like Iowa State all over again for a while. In reality, we outclassed Northwestern in all phases of the game, but the score did not reflect it. As I said before, 556 yards, only 24 points.
Honestly, nothing like that Iowa State game will probably happen again in our lifetimes.

But I'm willing to give a team this benefit of a doubt until they prove me wrong. There is clearly a different energy and poise around this squad compared to last year's accident prone group

cashman

Banned
Our DB's are probably the worst crop of DB's we have had in many years. They don't make plays/interception.

DBs should be the most talented position group on the team, but they're held back by the two upperclassment safety's who just aren't athletic/fast enough to keep up with these air raid teams. I'd like to see Brandon Jones get some run in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom