• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Four - Off-Season Thread - tOSU wins it all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multiple drives into the zona 30 and no points, D shut down Arizona after the 1st, but then forgot how to play defense in the last 5 minutes. Washington needs to clean up things and quick. The trees come to Montlake on Friday

What kind of moron could ever vote for Georgia to be ranked? Every single season the most overrated team in the country. They nearly lost AT HOME to 53 point underdog Nicholls State, one of the worst teams in the FCS and literally one of the worst college football teams in the entire country then get crushed by Ole Miss to finally prove how bad they are. And some dipshits continue to give them votes?

What kind of moron could ever vote for Georgia to be ranked? Every single season the most overrated team in the country. They nearly lost AT HOME to 53 point underdog Nicholls State, one of the worst teams in the FCS and literally one of the worst college football teams in the entire country then get crushed by Ole Miss to finally prove how bad they are. And some dipshits continue to give them votes?

Because sec

andycapps

More hot takes.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Ap top 25 out, too

1. Alabama (LW: 1)
2. Ohio State (2)
3. Louisville (3)
4. Michigan (4)
5. Clemson (5)
6. Houston (6)
7. Stanford (7)
8. Wisconsin (11)
9. Texas A&M (10)
10. Wisconsin (9)
11. Tennessee (14)
12. Florida State (13)
13. Baylor (16)
14. Miami (15)
15. Nebraska (20)
16. Ole Miss (23)
17. Michigan State (8)
18. Utah (24)
19. San Diego State (22)
20. Arkansas (17)
21. TCU (NR)
22. Texas (21)
23. Florida (19)
24. Boise State (NR)
25. Georgia (12)

Nebraska 15 in both polls. I will take it :)

Ap top 25 out, too

2. Ohio State (2)
3. Louisville (3)
4. Michigan (4)
5. Clemson (5)
6. Houston (6)
7. Stanford (7)
8. Wisconsin (11)
9. Texas A&M (10)
10. Wisconsin (9)
11. Tennessee (14)
12. Florida State (13)
13. Baylor (16)
14. Miami (15)
15. Nebraska (20)
16. Ole Miss (23)
17. Michigan State (8)
18. Utah (24)
19. San Diego State (22)
20. Arkansas (17)
21. TCU (NR)
22. Texas (21)
23. Florida (19)
24. Boise State (NR)
25. Georgia (12)

Wisco's so good it was ranked twice, one for its offence and one for its defence.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Stugotz that you?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Ap top 25 out, too

2. Ohio State (2)
3. Louisville (3)
4. Michigan (4)
5. Clemson (5)
6. Houston (6)
7. Stanford (7)
8. Wisconsin (11)
9. Texas A&M (10)
10. Wisconsin (9)
11. Tennessee (14)
12. Florida State (13)
13. Baylor (16)
14. Miami (15)
15. Nebraska (20)
16. Ole Miss (23)
17. Michigan State (8)
18. Utah (24)
19. San Diego State (22)
20. Arkansas (17)
21. TCU (NR)
22. Texas (21)
23. Florida (19)
24. Boise State (NR)
25. Georgia (12)

Georgia being ranked still really is special.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
If you go down that road then why is Ole Miss ranked?

They have two losses not just one, and they beat an overrated UGA team.

Ganhyun

You wont find a realistic GA fan saying we dont have issues.

The announcers were making a case to rank Ole Miss during the game talking about how they were the best 1-2 team in the country at the time since their only losses were to #1 Bama and a great FSU team.

Honestly I feel like there are 2-4 good teams this year and a bunch of good on certain day teams.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Coaches Poll

1.Bama
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Louisville
5. Michigan
6. Stanford
7. Houston
8. Wisconsin
9. Washington
10. A&M
11. Tenn
12. FSU
13. Baylor
14. Miami
15. Nebraska
16. Mich State
17. Ole Miss
18. Utah
19. TCU
20. UGA
21. Gata
22. Arkansas
23. UNC
24. San Diego State
25. Texas

Ap top 25 out, too

2. Ohio State (2)
3. Louisville (3)
4. Michigan (4)
5. Clemson (5)
6. Houston (6)
7. Stanford (7)
8. Wisconsin (11)
9. Texas A&M (10)
10. Wisconsin (9)
11. Tennessee (14)
12. Florida State (13)
13. Baylor (16)
14. Miami (15)
15. Nebraska (20)
16. Ole Miss (23)
17. Michigan State (8)
18. Utah (24)
19. San Diego State (22)
20. Arkansas (17)
21. TCU (NR)
22. Texas (21)
23. Florida (19)
24. Boise State (NR)
25. Georgia (12)

this does nothing to assuage my fear of trap games

Rutgers only two good players are out for the year. We may score 90 on them this ween

Uhh our RBs are actually pretty good.

If Ash gets his head out of his ASS and decides to move on from Laviano RU can show more than a pulse against OSU.

If RU even had a mediocre QB last week RU easily beats Iowa.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
SDSU might be my mini-bandwagon team for the season. Riding a 13 game winning streak and look like one of the only decent teams in the awful MWC. Would be neat to see them win out and extend their winning streak.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Guess we can add another name to the list of Coaches that got Saban'd, which now is probably the entire SEC.

If it happens, Nick Saban, King of the "Part Time Coaching Stops", will be the longest Tenured SEC coach.

squicken

I wonder if they told him to fire Cameron and he wouldn't do. Crazy. Les' greatest sin is that he isn't Nick Saban, though it seems he's slipped a little

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
It is comical how many SEC school fan bases and ADs expect their team to be at 10 wins every year. Listen, fellas, there is Alabama, and there is everyone else. Weather your down years long enough, and you can have a few up years. If you go about switching coaches every time the storm comes, you won't ever live to see morning.

Mrbob

Firing Les sounds good in theory but who do you replace him with? There is no Paul Chryst waiting in the wings to get picked up.

Lonestar

Ross Dellenger ?@RossDellenger 32s32 seconds ago

BREAKING: Multiple sources confirm to The Advocate that #LSU has fired football coach Les Miles and offensive coordinator Cam Cameron.

Thats the alert

tebunker

Banned
It is comical how many SEC school fan bases and ADs expect their team to be at 10 wins every year. Listen, fellas, there is Alabama, and there is everyone else. Weather your down years long enough, and you can have a few up years. If you go about switching coaches every time the storm comes, you won't ever live to see morning.

Problem is they all got spoiled from the ten year disappearance of Bama from 97 to 2007.

Thing is I think Saban has built Bama now to be a program that survives him. It won't be as dominant but he has built in to place a mentality and an ethos that you can't just coast on your reputation. It will probably last a solid 4-8 years after he retires.

I feel bad for the corndogs. Kinda. I mean they remember what it was like to be at the top not to long ago, they aren't like the ADD riddled admins at fAU, but at the same time they definitely didn't help Les like they should.

jjasper

This should go real well for LSU.......
Probably more likely to go back to the preSaban shitshow that place was than get better.

I am surprised it already happened. I don't even know what to say but something has to change. This team has been hard to watch but yes we are spoiled from the Saban days and the championship. Those days are long gone. But we should be able to win games that we certainly aren't winning these days.

Lonestar

Will be sad not to defeat Miles in November.

So, how much longer till Alabama hires Miles to sort some paper in the mail room?

590027577.gif

giphy.gif

Did see Les' last open fingers clap right at the end of the game yesterday.

RyanW

While it's pretty clear it needed to happen, Miles is still one of the best coaches LSU has had(highest winning % of any LSU head coach). Sad it had to be like this but we can't keep playing like this.

Problem is they all got spoiled from the ten year disappearance of Bama from 97 to 2007.

Thing is I think Saban has built Bama now to be a program that survives him. It won't be as dominant but he has built in to place a mentality and an ethos that you can't just coast on your reputation. It will probably last a solid 4-8 years after he retires.

I feel bad for the corndogs. Kinda. I mean they remember what it was like to be at the top not to long ago, they aren't like the ADD riddled admins at fAU, but at the same time they definitely didn't help Les like they should.

See: Solich, Frank

DominoKid

I usually don't agree w/ firing 10 win coaches yearly. But Les can't coach for shit lmao. LSU games are a weekly clinic of "how not to coach but still win because of your ungodly talent"

I don't feel bad for him.

bachikarn

This should go real well for LSU.......
Probably more likely to go back to the preSaban shitshow that place was than get better.

If they can get Tom Herman, it will be a good move. I seriously doubt Jimbo would leave FSU for them.

Lousianna has a lot of good kids, but more importantly, they are very loyal to the state and go to LSU even when it makes no sense. It is an appealing job for that reason, but I'm sure a lot of coaches won't have to be in a situation where they have to go through Saban every year to be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom