• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2015. Everyone's burned out and looking for an excuse to quit.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Loki was like the only good part of Thor 2

niiiiice
The Cap Cameo was the best part IMO.

After Age of Ultron, I dont care about Iron Man anymore... Its all Steve Rogers I want now in my live.

<--- No effect because of the events of AoU. I think Winter Soldier started this all.

tim1138

Despite having seen and enjoyed most of the Marvel slate, I'm really not all that interested in AoU and Ant-man may as well not even exist.

I should probably get around to checking this series out.

The first trade is in the bonus tier of the new Humble Book Bundle.

I'm getting it, even if a lot of it isn't that appealing. Will give most of them to my nephews since they both got iPad Minis for Christmas and have asked me for comics before. We usually end up reading some Marvel Adventures or Adventure Time stuff when I am babysitting.

What's the deal with Secret Wars #0?

Is it only available for free comic day?
Because it's questionable whether or not I'll be able to get to the comic store on Saturday.

Companies do this all the time.

Yeah pretty much this. I'm not trying to defend them here or anything just stating the current working climate.

If you work for a company like DC, or Marvel, or just about any place you're creating things, you're considered work for hire, and what you create is owned by the company you're doing work for hire for.

It's been that way for awhile now. I'm not trying to say its good or bad or anything just stating what it is.

*edit*

shit I didn't realize that was a post from like 20 hours ago sorry.

What's the deal with Secret Wars #0?

Is it only available for free comic day?
Because it's questionable whether or not I'll be able to get to the comic store on Saturday.

CMX will have them up in a week or two, I think.

I totally understand why this is the case, but I still hate it. I just want my All-New All-Different Avengers!

Messi, do you know if I can order FCBD books from the Big Bang or anywhere else in the Big Smoke? I don't even mind paying more than postage as long as it's not like normal cover price.

It's a shame the FCBD stuff won't be up day one on Comixology. I get they want people to go to shops but I work all day on Saturday and if I were to drop by the shop will be PACKED. I guess I'll be waiting.

not only am I going to a comic book store for FCBD, me and a friend are driving an hour to one

Man, I miss chatting with you guys about comics.
Comics reading will make its return to my life though. It's just a matter of time.

missed this, but yes. I always blamed lack of time but it was also a lack of desire to read them. now I really wanna read comics but now i really don't have time

Messi

CMX will have them up in a week or two, I think.

I totally understand why this is the case, but I still hate it. I just want my All-New All-Different Avengers!

Messi, do you know if I can order FCBD books from the Big Bang or anywhere else in the Big Smoke? I don't even mind paying more than postage as long as it's not like normal cover price.

Email the big bang they do postal orders I am sure they will sort you out. Their email is on the Facebook. Or message them on Facebook privately they will get back to you.

The Cap Cameo was the best part IMO.

After Age of Ultron, I dont care about Iron Man anymore... Its all Steve Rogers I want now in my live.

<--- No effect because of the events of AoU. I think Winter Soldier started this all.

AoU? Iron Man was over in Iron Man 3 for me.
Went from my favorite MCU character to near bottom.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
AoU? Iron Man was over in Iron Man 3 for me.
Went from my favorite MCU character to near bottom.
I had still a smile on my face on a couple of scenes. Robert Downey Jr. reall still has his scenes.
But most the time I was just "... And what is Steve doing?"

I am warming up for Civil War :D

For the New Avengers and Avngers finale, which issue am I supposed to read first? Or does that not matter for these last two issues?
XhdzDXm.png

Email the big bang they do postal orders I am sure they will sort you out. Their email is on the Facebook. Or message them on Facebook privately they will get back to you.

Cheers, will do.

I've had a nightmare with online orders recently. Amazon sent me the wrong mouse, and the PC parts company I'm getting my gear from took SIX DAYS to reply to an email for changing my case to one that was in stock. Thankfully, it's all sorted now. Proper mouse came today, and PC parts are at the "getting ready to ship" phase.

Also, HOW BOUT THAT BATMAN GUYS? The balls on Snyder and Capullo are immense. Can't wait for Divergence to see where it goes.

Are you tired of Harley too :(.

I'm having withdrawals

I don't know. Harley has been hit or miss lately. Certainly not as good as the Power Girl issues. I think I'm just tired of overly-large comic continuums. DC and Marvel have so much history, and I like the standalone books Image puts out. They're enjoyable stories that don't tie into anything.

with Convergence and Secret Wars it felt like Marvel gave me the go ahead to stop buying so many books. I'll probably add a few more Marvel books once the secret wars tie-ins i'm MU waiting end, i like the digital codes for my favorite titles. DC is done now for awhile though.

Let's all read less comics.

The new Justice League convinced me I can safely skip everything but Batman and the interesting post-convergence stuff, but at the same time A/NA convinced me that there's literally not a single SW book I can afford to miss.

Kind of a good news/bad news kinda situation I guess.

The new Justice League convinced me I can safely skip everything but Batman and the interesting post-convergence stuff, but at the same time A/NA convinced me that there's literally not a single SW book I can afford to miss.

I'm totally in for Darth Vader, but I'm waiting until after the Kenobi issue (when Immonen comes on as artist) to start the main series. I'm assuming I can just trade-wait the Leia mini at this point. I was going to do the same for the Lando book until I found out Maleev is doing the art. HHHHHNNNNNNGGGGGG

I'm totally in for Darth Vader, but I'm waiting until after the Kenobi issue (when Immonen comes on as artist) to start the main series. I'm assuming I can just trade-wait the Leia mini at this point. I was going to do the same for the Lando book until I found out Maleev is doing the art. HHHHHNNNNNNGGGGGG
God dammit

I haven't been all that impressed with Leia so far unfortunately. I'm planning on getting the trades for Star Wars and Vader because they've been great though.

I haven't been all that impressed with Leia so far unfortunately. I'm planning on getting the trades for Star Wars and Vader because I've enjoyed them so much.

I read a few issues of the main series, and the only problem I have with it is the same problem I have with most Original Trilogy comics....
THIS SHIT HAS ALREADY BEEN REHASHED 10,000 TIMES IN THE NOVELS AND OTHER COMICS

Darth Vader is fucking ace, though.

frye

Yeah pretty much this. I'm not trying to defend them here or anything just stating the current working climate.

If you work for a company like DC, or Marvel, or just about any place you're creating things, you're considered work for hire, and what you create is owned by the company you're doing work for hire for.

It's been that way for awhile now. I'm not trying to say its good or bad or anything just stating what it is.

*edit*

shit I didn't realize that was a post from like 20 hours ago sorry.

The point Conway is making is not about ownership. And honestly the point that Conway is making here is that it actually has not been that way for a while: that it is only recently that it has become that way. As he says in his longer piece, DC has a program in place where creators are rewarded when characters they created are used in other media. And under Paul Levitz, this program was very generous to Conway and others like him (Len Wein for example has talked about how Lucius Fox appearing on the Nolan Batmans has earned him a fair amount of money). After Levitz left, this program has become much more difficult, and in some cases impossible, for the original creators to take advantage of. That's where his ire lies.

Top Bottom