• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2013. "Read more comics"? Now that's a resolution I can keep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After checking the story trailer for Injustice: Gods among us , i decided to read about the comics and HOLY FUCKING SHIT :O.

That alone might get me interested in playing the game.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
After checking the story trailer for Injustice: Gods among us , i decided to read about the comics and HOLY FUCKING SHIT :O.

Yea I sort of picked up the comics not knowing anything and holy crap shit got real fast. Only Joker would have the balls to do this shit.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Avengers is the jam.

-Hyperion is so beasty (interesting that Thor nailed that dude, but Hyperion was flying higher and got the killing blow in.)
-I know Adam was talking about "The White Event" in his gibberish, but I wonder what the children were saying to Hyperion in this one?
-Loved the connection to New Avengers... here we go!
-Glad to be going through smaller rosters in these issues, especially love how in the classic Hickman infographic the main characters are highlighted in blue.
-Can't wait to learn more about Smasher and Captain Universe.

Quick question:
Captain America mentioned something about having a "SHIELD Perseus" in Australia. Do we know what this is from an earlier run of Avengers? Or is this new?

Hawkeye is still far and away the best comic out today. Brooklyn vs. New Jersey? Truly a story after my own heart.

Yea I sort of picked up the comics not knowing anything and holy crap shit got real fast. Only Joker would have the balls to do this shit.

Indeed.

Always thought he would be insane enough to possibly think about it, but actually doing it and in such a majorly fucked up way? goddamn.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Indeed.

Always thought he would be insane enough to possibly think about it, but actually doing it and in such a majorly fucked up way? goddamn.

It's interesting because you can see Harley having second thoughts when Superman mentions the baby, but not Joker! It's little moments like that which drive home how fucked up a character Joker really is. It also goes to show how amazing Batman is and how little everyone else is ready for a threat like Joker.

It's interesting because you can see Harley having second thoughts when Superman mentions the baby, but not Joker! It's little moments like that which drive home how fucked up a character Joker really is. It also goes to show how amazing Batman is and how little everyone else is ready for a threat like Joker.

I'm in a bit of Joker overload since i was recently playing Arkham Asylum and he was pretty crazy in that (while Batman is still cool as a fucking cucumber in that scenario lol).

As for the last line while i agree i can see the other side calling Batman the opposite and chastising him for allowing Joker to still roam "free" (ie not disposing him permanently).

I know thats not Batman's thing but sometimes you have to wonder especially given how the two can have a weird dynamic that authors will use (DKR for example).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm in a bit of Joker overload since i was recently playing Arkham Asylum and he was pretty crazy in that (while Batman is still cool as a fucking cucumber in that scenario lol).

As for the last line while i agree i can see the other side calling Batman the opposite and chastising him for allowing Joker to still roam "free" (ie not disposing him permanently).

I know thats not Batman's thing but sometimes you have to wonder especially given how the two can have a weird dynamic that authors will use (DKR for example).

I sort of blame the Gotham legal system for this one, throw his ass in a supermax. Throw him in that prison Luthor's in. Shit, it's an entire prison just for him I'm sure they've got an extra room in there for Joker. Just don't put him back in Arkham since he ALWAYS seems to escape. It's obviously story reasons, but still Gotham City DA's must be incompetent and what kind of morons serve on their juries?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I can't believe we've had to sit through what a dozen+ issues of this Third Army crap meanwhile this baller ass Throne of Atlantis crossover is wrapping up after 5 issues?! DC... C'mon man.

I can't believe we've had to sit through what a dozen+ issues of this Third Army crap meanwhile this baller ass Throne of Atlantis crossover is wrapping up after 5 issues?! DC... C'mon man.

Eh. There were plenty of continuing stories with Third Army just being a backdrop. Kyle and Ganthet bromancing for example.

I sort of blame the Gotham legal system for this one, throw his ass in a supermax. Throw him in that prison Luthor's in. Shit, it's an entire prison just for him I'm sure they've got an extra room in there for Joker. Just don't put him back in Arkham since he ALWAYS seems to escape. It's obviously story reasons, but still Gotham City DA's must be incompetent and what kind of morons serve on their juries?

Yep. Kingdom Come is the result of someone taking it to the logical extreme and just killing Joker.

Yea I wasn't expecting any of that

I guess im the only person who cares/is excited about Unwritten X Fables

I'll get it. I love Fables. Just got Fairest trade and vol. 15, 16, and 17. I need to catch up on Unwritten...

EdmondD

WHOA now THIS is a crossover:

unwrittenfables_02.jpg

The 2 best comics on the stands mashed up

Is this real? Please tell me this is real.

Aquaman was so awesome today. So great to see all these brahs in action and the actual twists and turns of the story. Rod Reis staying on as colonists really helps maintain the same vibe as his bro.

Onemic

Looks like I am officially comic gaf. Just finished reading One Trick Rip-Off(reading the Deep Cuts section now) and it was pretty good. Main thing I dug was the art style and the weird story helped keep me interested. Are any of Paul Pope's other comics good? (Batman: Year 100, 100%, Heavy Liquid)

Uncanny X-Force: Apocalypse Solution came in today, hope it'll be good.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Aquaman was so awesome today. So great to see all these brahs in action and the actual twists and turns of the story. Rod Reis staying on as colonists really helps maintain the same vibe as his bro.

I was like on suicide watch when I found out Ivan Reis was off Aquaman but this new dude is almost as good. His 2 page spreads are insane.

Is the Hawkman comic as shitty as I heard it was? Seeing him rage like a motherfucker in this makin me LOL and want to read that.

Holy shit dude I'm so jelly you get to read that for the first time.

LiQuid!

dZem236.jpg

Look at that fucking rageface!!! Hawkman doesn't even give a FUCK about your invading Atlantean army, he just wants to do MURDER!

frye

Looks like I am officially comic gaf. Just finished reading One Trick Rip-Off(reading the Deep Cuts section now) and it was pretty good. Main thing I dug was the art style and the weird story helped keep me interested. Are any of Paul Pope's other comics good? (Batman: Year 100, 100%, Heavy Liquid)

yesssssssss

Vyer

Aquaman was great. I actually didn't really get into Hawkguy, which makes me sad because I have loved it so far.

Necrovex

What is the consensus for the Fable series? I have a gigantic backlog of comics to read through (the second compendium of TWD and the first compendium of Darkness), but I am interested in this IP as well.

Onemic

Superior Spider-Man #2:

LOL I haven't laughed so much from a comic in a long time! The end bit was very touching as well.

To read Superior Spiderman I'm guessing you need to read Amazing Spiderman? Is there a TP or HC volume of the most recent issues of Amazing?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I spent several hours organizing longboxes and had an epiphany. I'm just going 100% digital and not worrying about it anymore. If I had a store close it would be different, but I have to drive 40 minutes in city traffic and pay 9.25% sales tax.

Bought the new Superman Family Adventures, Superman, Flash, and Talon, and feel like George Jetson reading them on my iPad.

Whoa Green Lantern # 16 was really good imo. Baz is a good GL and while I'm a bit lost as to what is happening, I'm liking what I'm reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom