• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2013. Celebrate liberty with the ultimate patriotic superhero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

snorggy

started reading immortal iron fist. It's hard to believe the art is done by the same guy that does Hawkguy. except bandaged rand... he looks exactly like bandaged hawkguy.

Wool

Is the Samurai Jack comic just picking up where the show left off? I watched it all the time but I don't really remember the order of things or anything.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Is the Samurai Jack comic just picking up where the show left off? I watched it all the time but I don't really remember the order of things or anything.

There's not really much continuity. The show picked up a couple recurring characters, but that's about it.

But yes, the comics are supposed to start after the last episode, for what that's worth.

They never killed Aku, man. Shit burns me up inside

tumblr_lyk6lfxLw81ros4yoo1_500.gif

So I read the most recent issue of Ultimate Comics: The Ultimates. I hadn't read this series since issue 8 but it seems like it has gone of the deep end.

NEO0MJ

-Second, I have not received anything from anyone on a potential "Bullhorn" segment in months. And, unless someone speaks up now, I'm just going to retire the concept from the OT until someone comes up with a better one. The idea of honoring Bandit's way of doing the OTs while still doing my own was a nice one, but it doesn't seem to have taken off.

Leave it, at least for next month. I'm sure most were jut too shy to express their opinions. I'll try to write something for august.

frye

No one. I'm not sure why Marvel even bothered buying the character. Spawn sold 16k issues last month. People stopped caring 10 years ago.

I like the idea that it's a ridiculous marvel x gaiman revenge plot against todd mcfarlane for marvelman dickery.

What about Youngblood, is that still a thing that exists

It came back with that Extreme relaunch with Prophet, Bloodstrike, and Glory, but Liefeld still did the art for some reason. No idea if it's going on still, 'cause then Liefeld decided to take over Bloodstrike as well

Messi

Keeping up my trend of reading and talking about stuff you have read years ago/talked about to death. I started reading Y the last man. Its good, I think. I read half of the first volume.

Oh and I finished the first volume of Wonder Woman. Seriously no fucking idea what was going on in that book. The art is great but I just cant understand it. the whole story. I am never good at linking relationships in books so this is pretty hard for me. can someone explain the first volume to me in spoiler text just the basic plot lol

Keeping up my trend of reading and talking about stuff you have read years ago/talked about to death. I started reading Y the last man. Its good, I think. I read half of the first volume.

I love that series. So much so that I bought the deluxe hardcovers. ALL OF THEM.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
No gaps on my HD+

Rucka's first two arcs were enjoyable, the rest didn't do much for me.

I have the first issue from the 700 free #1s thing. I really hated it.
I bought Old Man Logan. It's Millar being Millar, but since it's not really in continuity I don't mind.

TheFallen

Speaking of vintage comic characters...

What did everyone think of the Rocketeer/Spirit crossover?

It sort of felt like Waid was phoning it in. I just wish these two characters were given the same kind of treatment some of the other pulp-heroes are getting from other publishers. Give me a world that matters, something I'm going to remember in years to come. With that said, it was still fun.

Gals and guys, three things before I head out:

-First, the last day of the month of July falls on a Wednesday, which as you all know is New Comics Day. Sooooo... when do you want me to post the August OT? That Thursday, and everyone moves their discussion of their 7/31 pickups into the August thread? Or wait until Monday the 5th to post it, and everyone starts off clean, talking about August books they're looking forward to?

-Second, I have not received anything from anyone on a potential "Bullhorn" segment in months. And, unless someone speaks up now, I'm just going to retire the concept from the OT until someone comes up with a better one. The idea of honoring Bandit's way of doing the OTs while still doing my own was a nice one, but it doesn't seem to have taken off.

-Third, another gentle reminder: I AM NOT MAKING THE SEPTEMBER THREAD. I've got firm plans around Labor Day, so I'll be taking a break and will resume making the OT in October.

Dude are you sure you want to miss September?

We're talking Spidey 2099, X-Men Battle of the Atom, the fallout of the first issue of Infinity, Forever Evil and Villains month.

How about a X-Men: Battle of the Atom OT? I really liked the Schism thread.

pa22word

Holy shit, I just read Batman #17 (2011), and good loooooord this is amazing. I really liked the court of owls arc and all, but jesus this arc has takes a shit on it from a mountain with this comic. That build up to when Joker unveils dinner was just out of this world good, and then the delivery itself...

Man, if this comic keeps up I'll probably have find some way to get it delivered to my house in order to have a hard copy of this stuff (I live like 70+ miles away from the nearest comic shop so that's out of the question). I looked into a subscription from DC themselves, but I'm not sure how it works. It says I get 12 issues, but I'm not sure how it handles that. Like does that include the annuals and the little one off sub-issues (like 23.1/2/3)? Thanks for any replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom