• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Hell yeah
Here's a compilation of pages and panels from the current volume of Champions. This is the kind of Waid you'd get on the post-Secret Empire, "we swear he isn't a nazi anymore, now let the country heal" story arc of Captain America. Do not, even for a moment, think that you wouldn't, because it will hurt that much longer when you will.

Samnee can't salvage that, because it cannot be a straightforward action book. Not in that context and not in these times.
oh my god lmaooooo

someone stop Mark Waid

GAMEPROFF

Banned
What a luck that Mark Waid doesnt need to write and bait teenies in Cap and he recently prooved with Captain America: White that he pretty much knows how to write the character.

Is anyone here still reading Archie? Did he not kill anyone in the event he said would kill someone and remove them from Archie's world forever?

I'm still reading. As for the Over the Edge "event"
it's still playing out but Betty got in a car wreck because of Archie and Reggie.

ElNarez

Banned
What a luck that Mark Waid doesnt need to write and bait teenies in Cap and he recently prooved with Captain America: White that he pretty much knows how to write the character.

Again: the whole purpose of the rumored 6-issue Waid/Samnee arc is to get a buffer between Secret Empire and the hypothetical Coates Cap run. And the whole point of that buffer is gonna be to bait teenies, because you have to get the teenies back. However neatly Spencer puts the nazi Cap genie back in the bottle, it will not be neat enough, and it's gonna be up to Waid to sort that shit out. And I do not trust him with that one bit.

Sandfox

Waid had a Cap run in the past and Samnee has done a good job co-writing with him in the past so we'll see assuming the book is real. I wouldn't expect the book to deal with similar issues to Champions though.

Is anyone here still reading Archie? Did he not kill anyone in the event he said would kill someone and remove them from Archie's world forever?
Waid and the marketing never actually said themselves that a character would die.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It was indeed Loeb, but Waid had also a run, which I didnt read but i think the overall conses was that it was pretty good -

Again: the whole purpose of the rumored 6-issue Waid/Samnee arc is to get a buffer between Secret Empire and the hypothetical Coates Cap run. And the whole point of that buffer is gonna be to bait teenies, because you have to get the teenies back. However neatly Spencer puts the nazi Cap genie back in the bottle, it will not be neat enough, and it's gonna be up to Waid to sort that shit out. And I do not trust him with that one bit.

Yeah, but maybe it will be good. Daredevil was also good and this was not only the sole doing of Samnee.

tim1138

I remember hearing she hurt her hand or something. A big shame but at least her covers are just as great. She's so good.

She broke her non drawing wrist in Italy and only got it out of a cast/sling in the past few months. She tripped on a curb :(

But apparently she has other problems in her drawing hand that means she can't do that much drawing for interiors. I'd love to see her work slowly and do one of the DC premier books that are coming. Have her do a Harley one.

She should pull a Howard Porter and learn to draw with her other hand, how hard can it be? ;D

Ross61

Some new Metal images:
DD0pmevVoAE8-PQ.jpg

I got a look at the Giant Days hardcover today at the bookstore. I dunno, it's really not that big. And it looks like the comic itself is printed in the same size as the floppies. Not quite as bad as what went on with the Avatar Library Editions that Dark Horse did, but I was hoping for something bigger.

For reference, this is what happened with the Avatar Library Editions from Dark Horse. The books were the usual Dark Horse Library size (9"x12" ), but the comic itself was still printed in the same size as it was in the original (6"x9") volumes.

what the fuck is that Daken outfit

Oh my god. Daken *always* looks incredibly stupid (i always picture him shouting Papa Roach lyrics at a Family Values Tour concert with his new buddy Adam-X the X-Treme), but this particular take is super-extra stupid. "Well, his tattoo is his defining character trait... need a costume that shows it of..." Eurgh.... like that hairstyle isn't signal enough?

Mr President I heard a rumor...

Haha perfect. Do we get two series followed by years of empty promises then?

In all seriousness, I have no idea how the book would transfer into a live action show but sure, I'd watch it. Love the book, glad series three genuinely is happening now.

Daken has had the shirtless look since his introduction. It's hardly new.

Right. But if there ever was a time to update a characters look, this big line-wide event thing would be a decent time. New haircuit, new... something. You can't make the tattoo go away even though it's hilariousy dated, but maybe you don't need to design your entire costume around it. Just slapping Wolvie's old pants on him is the laziest choice. Heck, give him the Finn Balor "tall-collared motorcycle jacket over no shirt" thing. It still shows off the tattoo and would fit the character well enough.

I don't even understand why people like Daken in the first place. Is he edgy?

Honestly, I remember my "who the fuck is that guy?" moment when he first ended up in one of the books I was reading.

WicDiv #29 - I still love the series, but I'm also anxious for it to end.

Still need to read the new issue. I'm starting to cool on the series, honestly. It was great at the beginning, but it feels like it's starting to drag a bit. They probably could have ended it at the end of the last arc.

That is just old Wolverine costume tho.

Exactly. The less anything reminds us of Daken, the better.

El Topo

Still need to read the new issue. I'm starting to cool on the series, honestly. It was great at the beginning, but it feels like it's starting to drag a bit. They probably could have ended it at the end of the last arc.

It's weird. I can really appreciate what he's doing - his detailed explanations on why he writes the comic this way are pretty interesting - but I'm not enjoying it as much anymore. I think the first two volumes had a tightness and explosiveness that the series deliberately gave up and I fear it was for worse.

Top Bottom