• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Messi

I love both Tamakis. What is that book like?

I love it, its a character study on what trauma does to someone like Jen. Don't expect much hulk time in the first volume though. Its about he really struggling to cope post coma while going back to be a lawyer. I also loved the lawyer case in the first volume. Give it a go. Love the art.

Probably not for the reason you think. My bet is Banner is coming back.

Thats exactly why. Its not a guess. Just name that book The Incredible Hulk and leave this one Hulk. I hate the new logo vs the old.

Thats exactly why. Its not a guess. Just name that book The Incredible Hulk and leave this one Hulk. I hate the new logo vs the old.

You have to admit that Banner is the more popular character between the two, so it's no wonder Marvel is doing this. They don't want to confuse people. Anymore than they already are, anyhow.

Messi

You have to admit that Banner is the more popular character between the two, so it's no wonder Marvel is doing this. They don't want to confuse people. Anymore than they already are, anyhow.

Do you expect me to argue that Jen is more popular than Bruce Banner. I just don't think they need to put the She back there.

Malyse

Superman feels like an indictment of the DCEU. It's all about hope and not responding with lethal force.

Also the
kryptonian/human hybrid > pure kryptonians
is straight outta DBZ.

Ross61

Superman feels like an indictment of the DCEU. It's all about hope and not responding with lethal force.

Also the
is straight outta DBZ.
Didn't he charge at Eradicator without a single thought even though he was his ally before? And he was damn sure not using non-lethal force when he thought Batman was doing something to Jon.

Malyse

Didn't he charge at Eradicator without a single thought even though he was his ally before? And he was damn sure not using non-lethal force when he thought Batman was doing something to Jon.

He was pulling his punches with Batman and Eradicator is a robot that he had history with. He didn't try to kill the squid.

Man, I never should have dropped this. I find that while I read less DC than Marvel, I tend to enjoy the DC books a lot more.

Ross61

He was pulling his punches with Batman and Eradicator is a robot that he had history with. He didn't try to kill the squid.

Man, I never should have dropped this. I find that while I read less DC than Marvel, I tend to enjoy the DC books a lot more.
Nothing in his history with Eradicator would've made him instantly attack his since they were allies. And we can't say he was pulling punches since it really wasn't a fight.

I love it, its a character study on what trauma does to someone like Jen. Don't expect much hulk time in the first volume though. Its about he really struggling to cope post coma while going back to be a lawyer. I also loved the lawyer case in the first volume. Give it a go. Love the art.

The interesting part is that they renamed Totally Awesome to Incredible but it's still Amadeus. Also, guess this didn't hold:
“The title She-Hulk evokes light-hearted stories about a Jennifer Walters who is at peace with herself and in full control of her powers,” says Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso. “This isn’t that book. On the other hand, the title Hulk implies all of the baggage that comes with that comic’s 50+ year history—the ongoing battle with the monster within—and that’s why it’s more appropriate for this series. Jen went through major trauma in Civil War II, and Mariko and Nico’s story will deal with the fallout of that trauma—the anxiety and anger, sometimes self-destructive, that comes along with it. If there is light at the end of the tunnel, Jen is going to have to search hard for it, and she’s going to have to battle with some pretty big monsters—including the one within—to find herself again.”

Hey guys, I wrote an article on why people should be reading New Super-Man and why I think it's the book that most delivers on the promises of Rebirth. If you guys feel like checking it out or giving some feedback it'd be appreciated.

Make a thread or I will. More must know the glory of Kenan and friends.

If you feel it's worth it or necessary, but I'd feel weird as too much self promotion. Also first attempt at writing something like this, just felt love needed to be spread for the book. I definitely agree more need to know how good the book is. Was shocked at how low the sales had gotten for it.

If you feel it's worth it or necessary, but I'd feel weird as too much self promotion. Also first attempt at writing something like this, just felt love needed to be spread for the book. I definitely agree more need to know how good the book is. Was shocked at how low the sales had gotten for it.
We've had threads proclaim the love for Deathstroke, Superman, Gwenpool etc. Another would be fine. :)

SGM reveal today.

VanWinkle

Finished the Action Comics Rebirth Deluxe Edition. LOVED it. I don't know if it was a case of lowered expectations due to a lot of you guys not liking it or what, but I thought it was fantastic.

Hey guys, I wrote an article on why people should be reading New Super-Man and why I think it's the book that most delivers on the promises of Rebirth. If you guys feel like checking it out or giving some feedback it'd be appreciated.

I caught up and resubbed to it a few days ago. It's still great, just wish the original artist was still on the book.

Hmmm that Black Hammer rumour, how to feel!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07/07/jeff-lemire-and-dean-ormstons-black-hammer-to-spread-its-wings-for-san-diego/

We’re hearing that Dark Horse has plans to expand the world of Black Hammer. Just as Hellboy has spun off into BPRD, Abe Sapien and more, so Black Hammer is going to expand its reach into new spinoff titles. Well, with a world of suprheroes to explore, there are many possibilities inherent in that.Expect an official announcement ahead of SDCC.

Also the
is straight outta DBZ.

It is, but it's pretty well established. Pre-Rebirth Superboy was eventually supposed to be stronger than Superman due to his nature.

Stopped at Midtown during the rain due to their 20% off flash sale over today and tomorrow. Bought the new Batwoman by Rucka collection and the two volumes of Li'l Gotham.

PSA: Kamandi Omnibus is 52% off on Amazon UK!

Stopped at Midtown during the rain due to their 20% off flash sale over today and tomorrow. Bought the new Batwoman by Rucka collection and the two volumes of Li'l Gotham.

PSA: Kamandi Omnibus is 52% off on Amazon UK!

I thought that was cancelled in the catalog to be re-solicited at a later time? Amazon US doesn't even have the listing anymore.

Vic_Viper

How is Black Hammer? I havent heard much until recently about the series. Thinking about what else to pick up from IST this week to get my free shipping but only need like 5$ more. Worth picking up the first trade blind?

Was thinking about picking up the Squirrel Girl OHCs in the B&N Buy 2 Get 1 free sale. I can't even think of a third Marvel OHC I want to get to round out the order...

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
How is Black Hammer? I havent heard much until recently about the series. Thinking about what else to pick up from IST this week to get my free shipping but only need like 5$ more. Worth picking up the first trade blind?

It's amazing. Sucks I'm going to have to drop it. Fucking assholes can never leave well enough alone.

This will officially put Lemire on the list. Not much of a loss there though since he doesn't put out much worth reading anyway.

Aizo

Banned

Sounds much more interesting to me than Hulk time. That's what I'd want from Tamaki.

Vic_Viper

It's amazing. Sucks I'm going to have to drop it. Fucking assholes can never leave well enough alone.

This will officially put Lemire on the list. Not much of a loss there though since he doesn't put out much worth reading anyway.

Is that sarcasm lol>?

I really like his Bloodshot, even though I dont read much Valiant. Plus his Thanos and Old Man Logan are some of Marvels rare quality books recently. Ive also heard his Green Arrow run was great but I havent read it yet. Now that hes leaving Marvel though Im not sure he can ever go back again lol.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Is that sarcasm lol>?

I really like his Bloodshot, even though I dont read much Valiant. Plus his Thanos and Old Man Logan are some of Marvels rare quality books recently. Ive also heard his Green Arrow run was great but I havent read it yet. Now that hes leaving Marvel though Im not sure he can ever go back again lol.

I wouldn't know about any of those because those are titles I wouldn't read regardless of who the writer is.

As for his small press stuff I really don't like his art style or his taste in collaborators outside of Ormston.

Yea, it's great. Just reading volume 1 shot it to the top of my pile, really great writing, art coupled with a great premise.

Also, I understand how Brian feels about indie books changing hands creatively etc so I'll leave that alone but Imo Lemire writes a ton of great stuff. Descender is easily one of my favourite books at the moment, Black Hammer of course. Sweet Tooth is easily one of the modern era Vertigo greats, plus his OGN work is really thought provoking. Excellent writer all around. Not really sure about the Black Hammer news and how I feel, will all depend on execution but I wouldn't put Lemire under the bus for it.

I'm 110% sure you will have to read none of the work that spins off from this.

Also, yeah, his Valiant stuff, Essex County, etc. Lemire has done a shitload of work worth reading and will probably continue to do so.

Messi

I'm 110% sure you will have to read none of the work that spins off from this.

Also, yeah, his Valiant stuff, Essex County, etc. Lemire has done a shitload of work worth reading and will probably continue to do so.

Marvel books too which people never mention. How Moon Knight was crazy good.

Marvel books too which people never mention. How Moon Knight was crazy good.

I didn't mean to exclude them; they were mentioned and I personally love what he's done. I said Valiant stuff because even though Bloodshot's what he's mostly attributed to, he's also written some one-shots and The Valiant.

Plus, he has a bunch of other fantastic creator-owned stuff at Vertigo and Top Shelf.

Just curious, anyone know if there is a GAF thread/community on comics creation? I'd be interested to know if there's anyone here working on their own stuff as I'd love to see their work. Thanks!

Just curious, anyone know if there is a GAF thread/community on comics creation? I'd be interested to know if there's anyone here working on their own stuff as I'd love to see their work. Thanks!

Dunno if there's a thread, but a couple of people have worked on stuff:
my name is ed (Rage Against the Jackal)
WordAssassin (Bee and Puppycat)
FigBoy79 (Gamma Gals)

Bish is also working on a comic called Savage Empire

Top Bottom