• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.
~MY LIST~
BOOM!:
BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA #1
REVELATIONS #6/6

DC COMICS:
ACTOIN COMICS #32
BATMAN '66 MEETS THE GREEN HORNET #1
BATMAN ETERNAL #9
GREEN ARROW #32
WAKE #9

IMAGE:
DREAM POLICE #2 (maybe)
NAILBITER #2

MARVEL:
AMAZING X-MEN #8
BLACK WIDOW #7
IRON FIST #3
MOON KNIGHT #4
ORIGINAL SIN #3
PUNISHER #6

VALIANT:
RAI #2

phoenixyz

Disagree. I actually enjoyed the Nobody Arc. Yeah, the brief one after that was a little lackluster, but not enough to ruin the experience.

But opinions.
It was not my intention to imply that what I said is fact. Of course it's also an opinion. Personally I just didn't enjoy the first few issues of Batman&Robin and then dropped it. I only picked it up again after
Robin's death
and since then it's been constantly strong imo.

It was not my intention to imply that what I said is fact. Of course it's also an opinion. Personally I just didn't enjoy the first few issues of Batman&Robin and then dropped it. I only picked it up again after
Robin's death
and since then it's been constantly strong imo.

Forgive me! I didn't mean to imply you were stating fact. I was pointing out we had differing opinions to be considered. <3

phoenixyz

Forgive me! I didn't mean to imply you were stating fact. I was pointing out we had differing opinions to be considered. <3

Never-forgiven.gif

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I plan to read both Batman and Batman and Robin when they're released in some form of oversized hardcover, whether it's deluxe editions or omnibuses or whatever (I know, I'll probably be waiting decades, knowing DC), but I'm probably most excited to read B&R. I just can't get enough of Bruce and Damian (I'd prefer Dick and Damian, but Bruce and Damian is a close second). The Batman & ______ issues after Damian went also seem really cool.
Now just hurry up on my oversized hardcovers, DC...

So who's buying Big Damn Sin City? I haven't read the series in years, so I'll definitely pick it up for 50% off at IST.

I've been so looking forward to this ever since it was announced. I'm definitely gonna place my IST order the day it's released. I love Miller but I haven't read Sin City yet, so I'm super excited.
I have a feeling it'll look nice next to Colossal Conan on my shelf, too. Haha
I still can't believe what a deal Big Damn Sin City is. It's 1300 pages and Absolute edition-sized, all for $100 MSRP. Omnibuses of that size that aren't Absolute-sized cost $125-$150 and DC's Absolute editions are $100 for a 400 page story. Any way you look at it, that's crazy good value.
The other amazing thing is that while Colossal Conan was 1200 pages, it was $150 MSRP (which is still pretty great value), but Sin City is 100 pages more (in the same giant format) for $50 less. Dark Horse is too good to us.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So who's buying Big Damn Sin City? I haven't read the series in years, so I'll definitely pick it up for 50% off at IST.

Preordered mine months ago. Will be my first insight in Sin City.

I have a feeling it'll look nice next to Colossal Conan on my shelf, too. Haha
I still can't believe what a deal Big Damn Sin City is. It's 1300 pages and Absolute edition-sized, all for $100 MSRP. Omnibuses of that size that aren't Absolute-sized cost $125-$150 and DC's Absolute editions are $100 for a 400 page story. Any way you look at it, that's crazy good value.

How tall are Absolute Editon-sized books? Compared to Marvel Omnibuses?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
How tall are Absolute Editon-sized books? Compared to Marvel Omnibuses?

Omnibuses/deluxe editions/oversized hardcovers are just over 11" tall and Absolute Editions are about 12.5" tall. Also proportionally wider, obviously.

I fully support any new Grant Morrison ongoing. Would it be too much to ask for him to team up with Chris Burnham on it too?

tim1138

I fully support any new Grant Morrison ongoing. Would it be too much to ask for him to team up with Chris Burnham on it too?

Burnham drawing the Flash would be amazing. He also seems to be Morrison's main collaborator at this point, so I could see it happening.

For JLU, issue 0 is the first part of the story arc but it is really bad and not indicative of how fun issue 1 is.

Yeah, I agree. United seems like it'll be good, I'm gonna stick with it. The main Justice League book hasn't been doing it for me since maybe Throne of Atlantis. I might give the Lex arc one more issue and then drop.

Finished up Avengers Arena and I feel like I just binge watched a TV show. It was a solid read, I didn't even know most of these heroes and the series did a pretty good job presenting them. The only problem I had with it was some of the kids personalities clashed too hard and some became bland.

Spoilers:

-Cammi was my favorite, I want to read more of her.

-Red Raven's death was lame and kind of obvious.

-I was spoiled on Nico's death and resurrection so that didn't have much impact.

-Darkhawk's amulet getting passed around was pretty fun.

-Some of the deaths had little to no impact ie poor Juston

Good read

My favourite book of Marvel Now. Undercover hasn't been as good but I'm really interested in where it's going. Kev Walker is one of my current fav artists.

Uncanny Avengers is a better event book than Marvel's actual event books.

So much truth. This is why I'm looking forward to Axis.

well the first arc of amazing xmen is okay if you like sugary sweet hugfests, but the new writers taking it over are the 2 worst writers in comics history.

Aw, I liked the first arc. The last issue with the Amazing Friends was good too. I'm probably done with it now though.

Do it, DC.

Mindwipe

I would happily buy Morrison's Flash book, but I wonder if you could actually do what he says in full continuity where the fact the science is such bollocks is very well established.

Is Pee Gee in any non world finest book?

Currently, no. She was in the Batman/Superman 4 issue crossover and she is going to be in the upcoming Earth 2: World's End weekly starting in October.

If you haven't read it, you might try reading Worlds' Finest #0 as a standalone, though. It's a flashback to Karen and Helena as Supergirl / Robin on Earth 2. Or go back and get Generation Lost #1-25. She is a major part of that. Or the older JSA stuff,

My list for the week:
Batman Eternal #9
Green Arrow #32
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #34
Amazing X-Men #8
Moon Knight #4
Original Sin #3

Pretty short week so I might also pick up Tiny Titans because I loved the previous run. Also getting my Bloodspell HC through the post tomorrow, can't wait for that.

Messi

Currently, no. She was in the Batman/Superman 4 issue crossover and she is going to be in the upcoming Earth 2: World's End weekly starting in October.

If you haven't read it, you might try reading Worlds' Finest #0 as a standalone, though. It's a flashback to Karen and Helena as Supergirl / Robin on Earth 2. Or go back and get Generation Lost #1-25. She is a major part of that. Or the older JSA stuff,

I wonder why she isn't in the regular universe

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Burnham drawing the Flash would be amazing. He also seems to be Morrison's main collaborator at this point, so I could see it happening.

Morrison and Burnham on Flash? Morrison and Burnham doing the Rogues? Morrison already writes an excellent Mirror Master, so I'd be infinitely interested in all of this actually happening.

I wonder why she isn't in the regular universe

Because she has traditionally been a rather weird character. Originally she was Supergirl. Then she was a Supergirl from a world that didn't exist anymore. Then she was an Atlantean. Then she was Kryptonian again. Aside from that she really hasn't had that many definitive runs. As to why she hasn't been in much of the New 52? I don't know. She and Helena were shunted into this weird pocket to do their own thing and never really interacted with much else, outside of Helena and Damian.

phoenixyz

All-my-Marvel-books-in-one-week-List:

Batman Eternal #9
Magneto #5
The Punisher #6
Moon Knight #4

Also one step closer to The Wake collected edition.

ReAxion

Heavy Marvel week:

BLACK WIDOW #7
LOKI AGENT OF ASGARD #5
MAGNETO #5
MILES MORALES ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #2
MOON KNIGHT #4
ORIGINAL SIN #3
SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN #12

Messi

Because she has traditionally been a rather weird character. Originally she was Supergirl. Then she was a Supergirl from a world that didn't exist anymore. Then she was an Atlantean. Then she was Kryptonian again. Aside from that she really hasn't had that many definitive runs. As to why she hasn't been in much of the New 52? I don't know. She and Helena were shunted into this weird pocket to do their own thing and never really interacted with much else, outside of Helena and Damian.

I forgot that she was in Suicide Squad for a bit. The earth 2 version.

description says it collects the first three trades, that was through issue 18. Amazon might be wrong in saying it is 1-24.

Yeah it must be wrong.

So rereading Original Sin so far, I'm really curious to find out who the "mysterious boss" character is
the guy who set Black Panther on several tracks.
Are there any theories floating around?

Digging in the Flash mythos, he could do some amazing stuff. I always feel Waid doesn't get nearly enough credit for all he did in that regard (at least compared to Johns). Yes, please !

Right...so. Up on Uncanny Avengers through the end of Ragnarok Now.

I need to just sit here for awhile and think about all that.

Then I need to get started on Planet X right away, because
DOOM 2099.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom