• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2014. Longshot and Domino are hogging all the four-leaf clovers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I guess it hinges on whether or not
Liz
is a red herring or the reveal. I think regardless the person under the mask is
irrelevant and likely to just be a puppet, such as the body of Norman Osborn
. It also explains how and why the Goblin King was able to
assume control over the Spider Slayers
. I was under the impression though that Dan Slott had said the reveal would not be until the final issue. Obviously if that's not the case then everything I suggested in support applies to
Liz
. There might be another clue in the newly announced on-going Spider-Man 2099 series, as
Miguel is mentioned as having to deal with both Tiberius Stone and Liz Allen
. The question still remains though, why did
Spider-Man 2099's spider-sense alert him to Normie
? This is my first time reading Spider-Man though and also my first time reading the work of Dan Slott, so I don't know how much trust to put in his word.

Slott is a pure troll. Don't trust him, just ignore him whenever he starts talking about specific plot points. General stuff is fine, but take anything specific he says with a grain of salt.

On that note it could still be
Liz
, this wasn't exactly a proper reveal and for all the shit Slott gets he does lay out a fair number of breadcrumbs when it comes to future plot points.

As far as your theory goes, how does
a 7-9 year old
pull all of this off? An adult pulling it off will need a lot of help, it would be impossible for a kid to do it.

If it's not
Liz
, then
Harry
would be the next safe bet. Though there are no breadcrumbs leading to him, he does make more sense than a
kid who isn't even 10

Wouldn't one more day be Mary Jane's secret? I forget.

Who the hell knows anymore.

Slott is a pure troll. Don't trust him, just ignore him whenever he starts talking about specific plot points. General stuff is fine, but take anything specific he says with a grain of salt.

On that note it could still be
Liz
, this wasn't exactly a proper reveal and for all the shit Slott gets he does lay out a fair number of breadcrumbs when it comes to future plot points.

As far as your theory goes, how does
a 7-9 year old
pull all of this off? An adult pulling it off will need a lot of help, it would be impossible for a kid to do it.

If it's not
Liz
, then
Harry
would be the next safe bet. Though there are no breadcrumbs leading to him, he does make more sense than a
kid who isn't even 10

Who the hell knows anymore.

See I'm not familiar enough with Slott as a writer to recogise the trolling. I typically take a writer's word at face value.

I totally see your point about the absurdity of
Normie
being the Goblin King on those terms. I don't know enough about the character's background to make that judgement I guess. Definitely see it from your perspective and I'm more inclined to agree with your guess.

zeeaykay

I haven't. I'll check them out. Thanks.

Sweet man, if you liked Black Hole and Asterios Poly you'll love those three. Those are probably my top five "modern" graphic novels. Blankets is one of my favorite things ever, but I also read it at a time when it connected with me on a very deep level. I try and read it every winter.

There's even a soundtrack for Blankets which I'm also quite fond of and is a great companion when reading the novel. You can listen to it HERE for free.

zeeaykay

Daytripper Deluxe Edition is next month, Gabriel Ba and Fabio Moon goodness :D

I can't wait to snag that. I gifted my copy to a friend after reading it once and thinking she'd love it, and now I want my own! Definitely seems like a book that would grow with time or reading it at different points in your life.

Read the first two issues of Fantastic 4. Really enjoyed them. My only knowledge of the characters is from pop culture and the movie. Think I will add this to the pull.

Read the first two issues of Fantastic 4. Really enjoyed them. My only knowledge of the characters is from pop culture and the movie. Think I will add this to the pull.

I am coming from the same place and thoroughly enjoyed both issues as well. I think the new look costumes are a stand out. Hoping the quality continues.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I can't wait to snag that. I gifted my copy to a friend after reading it once and thinking she'd love it, and now I want my own! Definitely seems like a book that would grow with time or reading it at different points in your life.

Sir, that is a great guilt-free way to double dip. I'm going to spread that MoonBa goodness to a friend and make room on my shelf for the superior hardcover.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
so I just read justice league dark
and now I'm pissed because apparently Constantine wasn't Constantine..... what a lame cop out

Also just read hawkeye #18 and as a fan of of the 1973 the long goodbye film I got a kick out of the references throughout

So has anyone in here read Indestructible Hulk? (I am too lazy to read through the thread and find out)

I'll admit, I thought it sounded dumb from the brief description I was given and was set to hate it like the recent Guardians run... but I actually really enjoyed it. Banner being manipulative and having his own agenda... it brought me back to the Merged Hulk era (even though there were very definite differences... like no Merged Hulk. Yet.). It really was about time the writers remembered that Banner can be an interesting character as well. Honestly, I would not be upset if they decided to adapt parts of this story to the MCU.

That's my highest ever praise.

Toa TAK

Banned
We will not spend one more day talking about that story, Toa TAK

I won't say, maybe in one more day

Undoing that arc would consume whatever any Spidey writers had planned. Whoever eventually undoes it is going to have their whole run be about that, unless they end with it. Then the next guy's run will be all about that.

lol

I guess I should read that arc? Wasn't it just a giant reset button?

Ultimate Spider-Man #200 Preview

One more to go!

BjyC6OnIEAAeroW.jpg

Awesomeness sir,, I'm gonna buy #1 so I can get it signed by Stegman @ C2E2. (I have #17-#30). I have really enjoyed SSM a lot, it is the first Spider-man book I've gotten into(really the only one so far).

Dan Slott and Ramon Perez have a Spider-Man: Year One kinda story coming soon, it's gonna be like Spider-Man/Human Torch: I'm With Stupid, I believe. There's a brand new bad guy who took inspiration from Spider-Man called Clash, and its supposed to have a simple Spider-Man-influenced design, something Steve Ditko could have reasonably came up with back in the day.

53343cf859ee7.jpg

I say he looks like a cross between Spider-Man, classic Electro(BRING BACK THE DITKO MASK), and Spellbinder from Batman Beyond.
Is this that brah that got bitten by the Spider that bit Peter Parker?

So has anyone in here read Indestructible Hulk? (I am too lazy to read through the thread and find out)

I'll admit, I thought it sounded dumb from the brief description I was given and was set to hate it like the recent Guardians run... but I actually really enjoyed it. Banner being manipulative and having his own agenda... it brought me back to the Merged Hulk era (even though there were very definite differences... like no Merged Hulk. Yet.). It really was about time the writers remembered that Banner can be an interesting character as well. Honestly, I would not be upset if they decided to adapt parts of this story to the MCU.

That's my highest ever praise.

I read it. It was rough watching Marvel lose faith in the book month to month by putting wacker artists on, but I thought it was a really solid story. Looking forward to the new series.

BODIES, A NEW VERTIGO SERIES

DC has announced at its Retailer Roadshow in Seattle a new summer mystery mini-series from Vertigo with four detectives, four time periods, four dead bodies — and four artists.

Set in London, the new eight-issue comic Bodies begins in July and follows a centuries-spanning murder mystery — set in 1890, 1940, 2014 and 2050.

Written by Si Spencer (Hellblazer: City of Demons, The Vinyl Underground), each issue of the comic is divided into six-page chapters, each drawn by one of four artists: Dean Ormston, Phil Winslade, Meghan Hetrick and Tula Lotay.

http://www.newsarama.com/20699-dc-a...legged-centuries-spanning-murder-mystery.html

The setting intrigues me a lot. Day one buy for me.

So Deathstrom Action Figure is supposed to be released next week. Where the hell are Ultraman, Power Ring and Super Woman. They were supposed to be out mid February. Death Storm was announced two months after those brahs. And I like how the Earth 3 brah with the most screen time, Sea King, didn't get one....

Why are statues so expensive? Some are so cool but there's no way I could handle spending that much on one. It's like they save the best poses and stuff for those two. I was looking at cable statues and they're all like $250-$300 except this one is $500 but it's the best outfit and by far the best pose for him. Why do they do this ;.;

Why are statues so expensive? Some are so cool but there's no way I could handle spending that much on one. It's like they save the best poses and stuff for those two. I was looking at cable statues and they're all like $250-$300 except this one is $500 but it's the best outfit and by far the best pose for him. Why do they do this ;.;
Yeah, I don't go that deep. Though I really want those J Scott Campbell MJ and Gwen Statue's. i know Cheska goes that deep. Freezaursu does to. They about that life.

Yeah, I don't go that deep. Though I really want those J Scott Campbell MJ and Gwen Statue's. i know Cheska goes that deep. Freezaursu does to. They about that life.

That life is crazy. :( I think because he's become my favorite character and reading so much of him lately I would crack in the $250-$300 for that but $500? That's way too much money. :( I can't even find action figures of him really currently either which also makes it frustrating. I just wanted something for my desk at work. :(

Edit: I like the Gwen one but dat price. :(

tim1138

So Deathstrom Action Figure is supposed to be released next week. Where the hell are Ultraman, Power Ring and Super Woman. They were supposed to be out mid February. Death Storm was announced two months after those brahs. And I like how the Earth 3 brah with the most screen time, Sea King, didn't get one....

Forever delayed, just like the actual series!

Messi

I want those statues more than anything. They are incredible. I can't believe Cheska bought the sideshow Catwoman. Envy.

I'll just stick to buying my funko pops :(. Anyone else buy these?

arkon

I want those statues more than anything. They are incredible. I can't believe Cheska bought the sideshow Catwoman. Envy.

I'll just stick to buying my funko pops :(. Anyone else buy these?

If you didn't waste your money on those Catwoman (or any other series) issues that you detest but still buy in the hopes they get better, maybe you'd be able to afford them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom