• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2014. Longshot and Domino are hogging all the four-leaf clovers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want those statues more than anything. They are incredible. I can't believe Cheska bought the sideshow Catwoman. Envy.

I'll just stick to buying my funko pops :(. Anyone else buy these?

I got a superman one from a "Loot Crate" (random goodies shipped in a cool box monthly). I bought a batman, robin and a (dark knight)joker one too.

Messi

Sounds like between Cheska and yourself, ONE of you is a TRUE Catwoman fan. ;)

Hey she can have Catwoman. I just can't justify that price. I'm currently trying to convince myself to get this

603259043134.JPG

Because let's be honest. Harley > Catwoman

Brah I work at Walmart. Maybe when I become comics superstar. Those J Scott Campbell statues and WWE title belts would make a great care package.

I think Cheska is a ghostwriter for Catwoman. Thats how she affords it.

That can't be possible Cheskas posts are readable and coherent.

MG310

I have a casual 125 dollar limit on statues/figures. Luckily DC has a pretty good range of things in that range.

Also I cut off my Play Arts buying until I can find them on a deep sale. Those things are too damn fragile for the 90 dollars they want. I went through 3 Dark Knight Returns Batmen from Amazon before I gave up because the same arm plus shoulder socket kept snapping off. Have had great luck with all of the Arkham female figures at least.

Oh wow, I love the sound of this. That interview has me very intrigued. Thanks for mentioning this, I'll definitely be picking it up
in a couple of years when the trade comes out

"Gee, this trade doesn't read that great. Started really strong, but it's almost like it had to be cut short for some reason. Oh, well."

In other news, another Walking Dead Comixology sale? I have like an inadvertent full run now I guess.

In my quest to branch out and try some Marvel. I bought the first 2 issues of X-Force. Have not read them, any good?

The new X-Force? They don't look very good.

I feel like that's a pretty bad point of entry for "Some Marvel".

Aside from the obvious greats (Hawkguy, Daredevil), some worthy reads:
Secret Avengers
Avengers AI
the first All New X-Men trade

I read it. It was rough watching Marvel lose faith in the book month to month by putting wacker artists on, but I thought it was a really solid story. Looking forward to the new series.

Validation!

I was pleasantly surprised myself, though I'm a little ticked that they're starting up with another issue #1 instead of just, I dunno, continuing with the story? It's not like they're changing the writer or anything.

It just seems kinda pointless.

The new X-Force? They don't look very good.

I feel like that's a pretty bad point of entry for "Some Marvel".

Aside from the obvious greats (Hawkguy, Daredevil), some worthy reads:
Secret Avengers
Avengers AI
the first All New X-Men trade

Tried Hawkguy, didn't do it for me.
Have not tried Daredevil but don't want to get into something so many issues in.
Secret Avengers sounds cool but I flipped through it twice at the shop and hate the art.

Right now my Marvel pull is:

Superior/Amazing Spider-Man
Moon Knight
Ms. Marvel
Messi giving me code for Captain Marvel if it has one.
Fantastic 4

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Eldren

"Gee, this trade doesn't read that great. Started really strong, but it's almost like it had to be cut short for some reason. Oh, well."

I don't want to be the reason a book gets cancelled :( maybe I should buy it digitally to alleviate my trade-waiting guilt. I haven't bought a physical novel in ages because I read on my tablet almost exclusively so maybe it's time I took the plunge and started buying single issues of comics. Is the Nexus 7 any good for comics? Let me download a free issue and see how I like it.

Tried Hawkguy, didn't do it for me.
Have not tried Daredevil but don't want to get into something so many issues in.
Secret Avengers sounds cool but I flipped through it twice at the shop and hate the art.

Right now my Marvel pull is:

Superior/Amazing Spider-Man
Moon Knight
Ms. Marvel
Messi giving me code for Captain Marvel if it has one.
Fantastic 4

The "new" Daredevil #1 is totally understandable without previous issues.

I'm gonna go back to the shop on the way home from work and get Daredevil and Secret Avengers and try them out.

I have had my first month of my wife and I not smoking and we saved over $200 from this time last year.

dan2026

Transformers Dark Cybertron Finale was great.

Everything I wanted in a Transformers comic.

Looks like the
Decepticons
need a new leader.

What'd he say his name was?
Galvatron: GALVATRON!

I appreciate Notos art on Black Widow but my mind just imagines what she would look like with Tony Daniel drawing her and I think it would be perfect.

one of these days i'm gonna have to read Superman/WW to see if Tony Daniel has actually improved or I just have massively differing tastes with the people who enjoy it

Messi

I appreciate Notos art on Black Widow but my mind just imagines what she would look like with Tony Daniel drawing her and I think it would be perfect.

Notos art on Black Widow is perfect . You should wash your mouth out with soap for implying someone else would be better. For shame Korupt.

Blacklist him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom