• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord | State of Play Reveal Trailer

The only thing that allowed me to go to sleep last night was knowing The Finals was made by 75 people and Firewalk Studio has 150.

It's possible that they have more than one team working on GAAS. I just can't live in a world where 150 people spent 6 years working on Overwatch DEI edition.

Updated the graph for you

8rWw5GY.png

faOTjNp.png

GHG

I see Operation Meme is in full effect, warrior.

Bleeding Edge isn’t even a shooter. Again, ignorance ❤️

Both are pvp GAAS hero games, if you can't see why the parallels have been brought up in this thread then you are blind, particularly from a character design and artstyle point of view.

But it's cute that you still defend it to this day.

No, I'm sorry but Bleeding Edge is worse, both are so bad but BE is the worst.

Shit is shit. I'd say this is worse considering it's now 2024 and we've had so many games of this type fail spectacularly.

Both are pvp GAAS hero games, if you can't see why the parallels have been brought up in this thread then you are blind, particularly from a character design and artstyle point of view.

But it's cute that you still defend it to this day.

Oh I know why you brought it up, gotta get your warrior on. If I knew years ago correcting you on your FUD would burn a passion in your heart I uh… well I still would have done it 😆

And what am I defending here? You made a claim that I would love this game if it was an Xbox game when I have shit on numerous Xbox games.

Again, there’s no need for you to play warrior here. No one cares 👍

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
This didn't really do anything for me, it just looks like another run of the mill hero shooter. I guess if it's good, it's good. But from the gameplay I've seen it's really hard to tell.

splattered

Finally watched the trailer... doesn't look amazing but not as bad as everyone seems to make it sound. Probably will not play it but I'm sure it'll find a playerbase.

GHG

You made a claim that I would love this game if it was an Xbox game when I have shit on numerous Xbox games.

Not really.

Finally watched the trailer... doesn't look amazing but not as bad as everyone seems to make it sound. Probably will not play it but I'm sure it'll find a playerbase.

It's the most obvious DOA game we've seen in a long time. It doesn't even have the superhero edge to it that usually saves games of this calibre for a short while at least.

Last edited:
That's not what I said. Try again.

that’s literally what you said.

lol I see you have edited this post now. You’re so eager to be a warrior you can’t even keep your posts straight.

I’m putting you out of our misery now, won’t be replying in this thread anymore. I’ll end saying that yeah, there are definitely similarities between these two games here but fortunately we’ve seen gameplay of Concord and it’s horrendous.

🫡

I'm convinced these types of games lately are just some suits in a board room meeting typing Popular Online Shooter Gen Z into some AI software. This is literally every corny fucking cliche of the past handful of years in one.
Oh yea for sure. I came up with a conspiracy that these game devs aren't making games for the players anymore and instead are making them for the share holders so that just incase a shareholder's kid or relative puts the game on a TV in front of them they can see exactly what they all discussed in the board room meeting.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Updated the graph for you

8rWw5GY.png

faOTjNp.png
Don't you think this is a little too soon? Where's the decency? We're all family here at the end of the day.

c6a808b3-0e27-4e4c-ad0c-2909c0801d92_text.gif

This looks so terrible. None of the characters look appealing and the abilities and effects all look awful. Actually I take that back, one looked like it had a smoke screen it could see through. That’s cool I guess.

I'm now of the mind that you should only hire Roblox kids to create your next multiplayer game. This has Steve Buschemi How do you do Fellow Kids meme written all over it. To be inspired by Overwatch...in 2018. I can not fathom that stupidity.

And what's crazy is that Sony actually advertised a direct competitor to this with Marvel Rivals, like 10 minutes later. That also looks like ass but for those that might be interested in this type of game, or just Marvel in general... I mean lol, wtf are you doing Sony?
I don't see Marvel Rivals doing much better but it's going to take that audience that's just desperate enough to play a new hero shooter for a few months or people that just want to play as one of their favorite Disney's Marvel characters for a bit.

Killjoy-NL

Now that I've seen the entire section during State of Play, I'm actually curious about this game. Especially with the persistent deployables. Could add a lot of depth to the gameplay.

Definitely gonna check out the Open Beta.

NickFire

They spend so much energy collecting data on their audience. But what the hell do they actually do with that data? Does anyone bother looking at it? Or does some intern pretend to review it while moderating some other gaming forum?

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Just watching 30 seconds is all I needed and it echos what I said

This game feels 5 years too late to the Overwatch party

Like others have said the gameplay actually doesn't look bad, its just past its time and then they were worried about shit like this
So Firewalk studios was founded in 2017 and this is their first project… it all makes sense why Concord looks like it’s chasing trends from 7 years ago that have since become tiresome and cliche.

I wonder how many years this game got delayed.

kaizenkko

At least we can expect Sony taking lessons for their mistakes. One year ago Naughty Dog, Insomniac and Firesprite was developing GAAS, now they are focus on single player games.

Really soon we will see others studios focusing only on single player games. But yeah, they have lost a lot of time.

BbMajor7th

All this stuff is even funnier to me when you consider all this shit is ultimately about killing people and violence and guns.
A band of outlaws and misfits; mercenaries for hire. They never spit, swear, drink, do drugs, or have sex; they're gun-toting hard-bitten guns-for-hire, except they're not obnoxious or intimidating, they've never shivved someone in prison and they absolutely would never abuse any person based on (what western media in 2024 consider) their 'protected characteristics'.

Killjoy-NL

sGG2aDt.png

Meanwhile at the studio that managed to break into modern day GaaS understands.

Making a diverse game aimed at everyone (except white dudes) becomes a game for no one (including white dudes)
Ironically, this game doesn't seem to be for everyone, going by the reception.

GHG

Last edited:
Dude, put your ambassador hat on.

jack griffo nick GIF by Nickelodeon

Man I just spent 5 minutes trying to one up that post but even I have a bare minimum level of self respect. Gotta throw in the towel here i'm afriad

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: GHG

Jaybe

Gold Member
I actually thought the gameplay looked good and that tracks since it’s a lot of ex-Bungie at the studio. That they are making cinematics a weekly thing is disappointing based on the initial one. Wish companies would just save their money. Unfortunately the pronouns on characters makes this a no-buy. I don’t want to spend money on blatantly DEI-laced product.

I actually thought the gameplay looked good and that tracks since it’s a lot of ex-Bungie at the studio. That they are making cinematics a weekly thing is disappointing based on the initial one. Wish companies would just save their money. Unfortunately the pronouns on characters makes this a no-buy. I don’t want to spend money on blatantly DEI-laced product.

You know we're fucked when even the live studios are trying to make movies

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
They spend so much energy collecting data on their audience. But what the hell do they actually do with that data? Does anyone bother looking at it? Or does some intern pretend to review it while moderating some other gaming forum?
Oh yeah they look at the data alright.

“Our stats show that the audience for competitive online shooters is 80% male, and they prefer to play as strong alpha male characters, silent badass lone wolf types, or sexually attractive females.”

“Well that just means we must not be doing enough to enforce diversity and inclusivity! We need to make every effort to draw in female and queer nonbinary gamers and to punish the problematic chud audience”

Top Bottom