• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Mory Dunz

"Hey Link, see you in Smash Bros. sometime soon!"

jbtIMHgS97TsZ1.jpg

Sonic: the blue blur, the fastest thing alive... but can he outrun the Cucco?

j7wXIrLsjaBwV.jpg

Something about that Link stare...

joOknRWIh6apB.jpg

Even though it's HD, this doesn't look as pleasing for me asSkyward Sword does. It just looks so bland. And yes, I have played SS recently on an HD tv.

3D World has a lock 60 fps, so it trumps SS!

I wish Nintendo didn't cheap out on hardware, EAD would annihalate the competition on equal hardware.

I don't think he being serious with his first statement, judging by the "cheap out on hardware" comment. I think it was a nod to 60fps or bust. But who knows.

I'll probably never play Second Son, but it looks really nice.

Dead

well not really...yet
I think the most graphically impressive moment of all of Infamous for me was Fetch's Neon tagging, that shit was ludicrous.

MavFan619

Banned
I think the most graphically impressive moment of all of Infamous for me was Fetch's Neon tagging, that shit was ludicrous.
My favorite graphical spot of the whole game is, incoming story/character/location spoiler
Eugene's dominion, the lighting from the monitors just looks amazing to me.
Absorbing neon also never gets old to me.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but since it's a console screenshot thread, I can no longer preview screenshots on my PS4.

It used to be that if I tried to cycle through with L1/R1 it would mess up and give me a gray screen after 3 or 4 screens, forcing me to back out and try again. Now though, I can't preview any. It starts the "blow up the picture" animation, freezes on that for a second, then throws up a gray screen every time.

Any suggestions? I thought it might have to do with how many screenshots I have for a particular game, maybe having too many to cache or something but it doesn't seem to matter. Videos works fine.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but since it's a console screenshot thread, I can no longer preview screenshots on my PS4.

It used to be that if I tried to cycle through with L1/R1 it would mess up and give me a gray screen after 3 or 4 screens, forcing me to back out and try again. Now though, I can't preview any. It starts the "blow up the picture" animation, freezes on that then throws up a gray screen every time.

Any suggestions? I thought it might have to do with how many screenshots I have for a particular game, maybe having too many to cache or something but it doesn't seem to matter. Videos works fine.

Exact same thing happened to me. I noticed that if you hit X on the screenshot to view the details (File size, date taken, etc) then back out and then select preview on it with the options button, it will display. Cycling was broken as well. Then I let it sit for a bit, and all of a sudden it worked. Then i tried again later and it was broken again, some would load and some wouldn't. Was totally random. I even went back to other games that I KNOW i had previewed screenshots from before, and they weren't working.

So I went through a bunch of my other games and just started deleting screenshots and videos, and now everything is working OK again. Not sure what the cause was.....so I guess I didn't really answer your question :(

Exact same thing happened to me. I noticed that if you hit X on the screenshot to view the details (File size, date taken, etc) then back out and then select preview on it with the options button, it will display. Cycling was broken as well. Then I let it sit for a bit, and all of a sudden it worked. Then i tried again later and it was broken again, some would load and some wouldn't. Was totally random. I even went back to other games that I KNOW i had previewed screenshots from before, and they weren't working.

So I went through a bunch of my other games and just started deleting screenshots and videos, and now everything is working OK again. Not sure what the cause was.....so I guess I didn't really answer your question :(

That actually worked it seems, thanks. It's back to at least allowing me to view some screenshots before messing up and going gray during cycling. Still a big improvement over not being able to view any. I tried that before when it would only mess up cycling and it didn't seem to help with that problem. Really weird issue.

That actually worked it seems, thanks. It's back to at least allowing me to view some screenshots before messing up and going gray during cycling. Still a big improvement over not being able to view any. I tried that before when it would only mess up cycling and it didn't seem to help with that problem. Really weird issue.

My guess is maybe there was something weird with caching large amounts of them or something....it seemed like when I let it sit at the screenshot list for 10 minutes then start scrolling through them I had better luck. Though I have taken quite a few more since cleaning them up, and I'm pretty sure I now have as much or more as I did originally and they are still working. Hopefully there's a FW update that fixes this.

Vire

I love popping in this thread just to see new Infamous screens. I've beaten it twice now and I'm still amazed by the visuals.

terrier

Infamous looks amazing, and being an open world game makes it even more impressive, sometimes people seem to forget that.

I also think Ryse looks really good, it obviously has lower resolution and framerate , but it is a really good looking game, reminds me a lot of God of War.

Those are the games to sell new consoles graphics wise. KZ is awesome too, but for some reason looks less stellar

Timu

Anyone got Dynasty Warriors 8 on PS4 and fancy taking some shots? I've gotta wait for the EU release next week and wanna see how many dudes they're throwing on screen at once now.
If I had the game I would take screens, also it would be my 1st Dynasty Warriors ever if I do play it.=O

I'm not into sports games and therefore I don't follow the development in them, but damn, that looks lifelike! Amazingly detailed face!

Yep, they apparently used some 3D face scanning tech this year and just with the overall resolution and image quality, the game can look stunning. It's why I keep saying 2K14 should be up there with Killzone and inFamous when listing the best looking next gen games.

Here's the guy I linked in the first pic.

13454399324_859cbb81d0_z_d.jpg
spurskawhi.jpg

Yep, they apparently used some 3D face scanning tech this year and just with the overall resolution and image quality, the game can look stunning. It's why I keep saying 2K14 should be up there with Killzone and inFamous when listing the best looking next gen games.

spurskawhi.jpg

Absolutely, it's amazing that you can see each facial hair and the pores in the skin. I sometimes wonder why fighting games don't have the same level of detail, considering they only have 2-4 people on screen and the sports games have much more.

muteant

the main problem i had with NBA 2K14 on PS4 is that the framerate would dip horribly whenever the camera got close in on replays, cutaways, etc. whereas during real-time gameplay it was a smooth 60fps.

I sometimes wonder why fighting games don't have the same level of detail, considering they only have 2-4 people on screen and the sports games have much more.

I've been saying the same thing for years. To me, fighting games are lazy and should be looking much, much better than they do.

And as for the frame rate drops in replays, I've never really noticed that. Normally I'd say it was because (as 2K have done in the whole series) the replays loaded in higher quality models but as far as I can tell, the models in replays are the exact same one's in gameplay.

stryke

spurskawhi.jpg

I initially thought he kinda looked dead in the eyes, but seeing the RL pic made it understandable.

tensuke

Also, dear SP, give us a no HUD option!!!

Agreed! I was able to play a bit without a HUD due to a bug at this part and it was sublime. Took a bit to get used to it aiming-wise, but it was so cool. The whole feel of the game became more cinematic™.

Here's a few screens:
BjzzROZIUAADfxV.jpg:orig

BjzzXxlIMAAxAqM.jpg:orig

BjzzJYGIAAAyvGy.jpg:orig

I have a high end PC and a Wii U right now. But damn, is amazing what devs can accomplish with a fixed hardware like the PS4, Infamous looks really really amazing (I envy), RYSE looks good, but not the level of Infamous. And is only the begining. I am going to buy a PS4, more soon than planned.

dr guildo

Infamous is more consistent than Killzone I think but Killzone at it's peak is crazy impressive. It's too close to call and a total apples to oranges comparison as well.

This shot is crazy blurry. I don't know why but Ryse has never impressed me visually.

Exactly the same for me, Its blurriness is way too strong for me to be impressed. And I don't think the 900p rez being the only reason of this because BF4 on PS4 (900p too) doesn't look as blurry, maybe the AA Crytek used is the cause.

Gameplay shots, just cropped out the hud and edited the crosshair ;) In the first pic, I'm right behind the girl but rotated the camera to hide me :)

The second pic is cool, I love the realtime effects when draining the neon signs.

And the third pic, just shooting what looked to be a stationary stand of flyers but shooting it sends the flyers all over the place.

Lots of little things in this game that are really nice to see. The pedestrians yelling out your name, stopping to take snaps of you with their phone and seeing their flash go off, people will walk up to enemies you've subdued and give them a little kick to see if they are alive, when it's raining the people not only have umbrellas but they aren't just suddenly stuck to them because when they run they sometimes drop them and the umbrellas left on the street still have rain effects and reflections.

Such a quality game that you can't experience (as the poster earlier suggested he'd do) through just looking at stills.

edit: holy crap, I just imdb'd the voice actor for Delsin... he has been a tonne of people! Joel in The Last of Us, Ocelot in the upcoming Metal Gear and Harvey Dent in the new Batman (among many others). I want his job!

13467122593_4d8b1fb495_o_d.jpg

13467361424_233268da0f_o_d.jpg

13467096823_b9bdb8af57_o_d.jpg

Top Bottom