• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

D-e-f-

Banned
EA3r96H.jpg

NnaoYv5.jpg

mnzPYik.jpg

what on earth is wrong with your brightness settings?!

tkscz

They (especially the first one) kinda look offscreen.

No real need to use a capture card for Wii U shots though, is there?

It's how I make my GIFs. Sometimes I'll use it to take the screen just so I don't have to stop while recording. I started using a new TV to capture from and the brightness settings IMMEDIATELY disagreed with each other.

Here is what a screen looked like prior to the new TV.
Xi3TKSL.jpg

It's how I make my GIFs. Sometimes I'll use it to take the screen just so I don't have to stop while recording. I started using a new TV to capture from and the brightness settings IMMEDIATELY disagreed with each other.

Here is what a screen looked like prior to the new TV.
Xi3TKSL.jpg

Oh right, you're the GIF guy. Carry on then sir!

jsip

Banned
I took these with the PS4 so there is some compression since the PS4 saves screenshots as .jpgs (I did extract these using the PS App method though so no added FB/Twitter compression).

How do we do this?

BF4's motion blur makes some lights look like lightsabers when moving. At first I thought my monitor broke and I was getting severe ghosting but its just MB.
From FB (re-up):

Pyrokai

Please, please, please forgive me if this has been asked...but how are you guys taking Wii U screenshots? I only know how to take pictures and post them to Miiverse....

Dereck

db2fad2c_20131204160635.png

c9e21bde_20131204165545.png

85cbb94b_20131204170459.png

1.Connect 1st HDMI cable from PS3 to the input of the splitter.
2. Connect another hdmi cable to one of the outputs of the splitter to the Roxio's input.
3. Connect another hdmi cable from the Roxio's output to your TV/monitor.
I'm getting "signal protected" in the software.

Actually, what's happening is that the splitter seems to be working, but it only works for a few seconds and then it goes back to signal protected. I've checked all of my connections and it's randomly popping in and out.

Timu

I'm getting "signal protected" in the software. Actually, what's happening is that the splitter seems to be working, but it only works for a few seconds and then it goes back to signal protected. I've checked all of my connections and it's randomly popping in and out.
You're using the Roxio right? Ok I think the Roxio does that for some reason, doesn't affect my Avermedia though.

jsip

Banned
Sorry to interrupt the beauty, but what's this PS App method for cleaner shots people are mentioning?
Curious, myself. FB does give better shots than Twitter but I went from 308k on the console to I think 188k on my BF shot. Twitter would have compressed to about 80k lol.

Trying a few videos now on FB. Made a dummy account i can keep public. Used gtk-recordmydesktop in linux to record the stream uncompressed since pulling directly from FB only gave me the SD version. Exporting now in kdenlive to try a YT upload. FB videos look terrible.

Timu

Man poor Forza. Eeesh
When your actually playing it thankfully it doesn't look that bad.
That motion blur hides the flaws. In screens I managed to capture it perfectly, it's when you're not moving fast you'll notice the problems more.

What's with all the jaggies in the Forza shots? Is there no anti-aliasing in the game or something?
There's no AA at all, making it have some of the most jaggies on X1. Fences and trees are affected the worst.

JP

Some good stuff here on all three formats!!

It's a shame about the compression when using the built in software on the PS4 and Xbox though, does anybody know if it's technically possible for Sony/Microsoft to improve the quality moving forwards or are we going to be stuck with what we have available?

Timu

Some good stuff here on all three formats!!

It's a shame about the compression when using the built in software on the PS4 and Xbox though, does anybody know if it's technically possible for Sony/Microsoft to improve the quality moving forwards or are we going to be stuck with what we have available?
X1 doesn't have a screenshot feature so there's no compression to be had, you need a capture card like me and my screens are uncompressed. Since the PS4 most likely encodes it like they do with videos the chances aren't high either.

phanphare

Banned
Please, please, please forgive me if this has been asked...but how are you guys taking Wii U screenshots? I only know how to take pictures and post them to Miiverse....

when you have a good shot press the home button, open the browser, then go to an image hosting site like abload.de or minus and upload it. then you can copy the link to insert into posts or whatever

Hilti92

It's funny to see that there's no Madden and NBA Live screens in this thread. Good job EA!
Edit: I guess there are a few.. Not many though.

jsip

Banned
X1 doesn't have a screenshot feature so there's no compression to be had, you need a capture card like me and my screens are uncompressed. Since the PS4 most likely encodes it like they do with videos the chances aren't high either.
Eh. I think MS will add one and Sony will increase the quality. They aren't that bad but the feature is meant to share moments and nothing more. I think for sharing to social media is fine but I would like a direct-option, too.

Time will tell.

Timu

Eh. I think MS will add one and Sony will increase the quality. They aren't that bad but the feature is meant to share moments and nothing more. I think for sharing to social media is fine but I would like a direct-option, too.

Time will tell.
I want zero compression artifacts before even thinking about using what MS would come up with and what Sony has now lol. Heck they need to add PNG as an option because I never use JPGs anymore.=p

Surprised at the lack of Ryse in this thread.
I actually bought the game for 50 bucks so I'll have screens soon but Amazon needs to hurry up with my order, they said it will come by Monday but at the rate they're going it may be Tuesday-Wednesday, hopefully Monday. Also some people probably have Ryse but not a capture card.

Forza 5 doesn't look very good.
Blame the jaggies!!! It's not too bad in motion:
c9e21bde_20131204165545.png

Cubed

Are those beds made out of clay?

It's obvious that in the future every mattress is a memory foam mattress. I'm not even joking here.

In regards to Forza 5, it actually looks pretty good in some shots, but those jaggies, man...

Having a PS4, I'm dying for DriveClub. I really need a non-arcade next gen racer.

You need 2 accounts. On your PS4 message the other account a screenshot. Log into the PS App on your mobile with the account the message was sent to and check the message/s. Save the screens to your phone and export from there or transfer them to your PC to upload. Screens are far less compressed!

^ For those asking about the PS App extraction method.

Binabik15

Now that I finally played PS4 and I could see for myself what difference screens on my pc monitor and live gamplay on my tv makes I can't fucking WAIT to play KZ:SF once my bundle comes from Amazon. The screens look much better than BF4 and that already looks great, if a bit soft.

Top Bottom