• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Oneself

You guys should know that there is a 100% PS4-freezing bug when you try to look at / share screenshots of any game taken after many screenshots of COD Ghost. (You can see this happening every time when files icons & thumbnails of COD Ghost won't appear as fast as the other games.
So, if you are trying to see screenshots and/or share them but you PS4 keeps freezing & giving you an error message; just delete your COD Ghost screenshots and everything will be fine.

WiiU_screenshot_TV_01061.jpg

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Awesome KZ shots.

How do I use the Playstation App to get the photos?
You need 2 accounts. Take screenshots - > send them to the account on your phone - > extract them to PC. You can do the same thing with a Vita.

okay so i dont know whats going on with the game... but if you move ever so slightly while taking the screen shot... it will remove almost all jaggies... i dont know if its motion blur smoothing things out or some kind of motion AA going on... but here look:
Yeah, that's temporal multisampling AA (Edit: beaten by a mile)

Timu

I should be getting Ryse tomorrow if Amazon is on time, I want to see if this game really does have the best AA on consoles.

@ Reign_Of_Rain

Are you using the Game Capture HD of Elgato?

You mind telling me if you use "best" quality setting with 1080p capturing and , if that is the case, is that running without hick ups on your computer (specs? cpu?)

I'm doing a little personal research on that.

Yeah using best with 1080P through Elgato. Running smooth on my end.

Not too sure on how to list my computer specs but it's an Intel i5-3330 CPU @3.00GHz. idk anything else about it lol sorry

This is my first melee kill in my first MP match of KZ:SF
ibuJvPflHd2kWP.png

ibmgUwqNgmjRut.png

iY1YGyoyFbl0g.png

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yeah that's a great explanation about AA as well, hope to see more TMAA in games.

According to DF they're calling their solution TSSAA and there is a higher quality variant that was too performance intensive for SF but I hope they can optimize that down the line for PS4 games. Should work really well.

Timu

According to DF they're calling their solution TSSAA and there is a higher quality variant that was too performance intensive for SF but I hope they can optimize that down the line for PS4 games. Should work really well.
Temporal Super Sampling Anti Aliasing? Man consoles are getting better at AA each gen.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Temporal Super Sampling Anti Aliasing? Man consoles are getting better at AA each gen.

I'm excited about it since it means that all of Sony's first parties already have a good post process solution to work with and can continue to build on it starting from early on in the gen. If they eventually release it to third parties then it could become very common on PS4.

KKRT00

I'm excited about it since it means that all of Sony's first parties already have a good post process solution to work with and can continue to build on it starting from early on in the gen. If they eventually release it to third parties then it could become very common on PS4.

Both platforms should have same AA solutions in multiplatform titles at the end of the day.

I would really like to have SMAA T2x as a bare minimum on consoles.

Timu

That'll be awesome, death to jaggies!

Yikes. That looks less than stellar doesn't it?

Tail lights look all funked and painted on, and the spoiler doesn't look like it's part of the car.
Yeah the game could use some graphical improvements, not too bad in motion though.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Both platforms should have same AA solutions in multiplatform titles at the end of the day.

I would really like to have SMAA T2x as a bare minimum on consoles.

SMAA T2x would be completely acceptable. As long as FXAA sees the end of it's days, I'll be happy.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
ZombiU

Despite being packed with heavy filters (CA hell), having a less than sharp picture (to put it kindly) i still like the look a lot, i guess it does help that this game is hella fun.

ZombiU is one of the few games where I think the filters work in its favour. The aesthetic is supposed to be that of a b-grade European zombie movie, like something shot on a cheapo cam reel, knocked about and damaged. A grindhouse movie. The end result, in the case of ZombiU, is an bleak, grungy aesthetic that really fits the dreary post apocalyptic premise.

Plus it helps hide the game's technical and asset limitations.

GoDLiKe

if you told me those are 360 pics I would have believed you.

NFS+KZSF looks amazing from the last page. I need to spend more time at home :'(
Yeah I'm not sure what's going on in these screenshots. I have the game and it looks much better than this.

Timu

It's honestly shameful and embarrassing they actually released this game. It reflects incredibly poorly on the Xbone in general and looks like a fucking iOS game.
Yeah, but it's a fun game, could use better AA as well like pretty much nearly all X1 exclusives so far.

Timu

SMAA T2x would be completely acceptable. As long as FXAA sees the end of it's days, I'll be happy.
X1 exclusives needs it badly, all the games I take screens of have lots of jaggies, and yet the one game that doesn't have lots of jaggies is coming soon. I mean Crimson Dragon needs it the most!

izdXkL6GAHAE4.png

It's why I don't take much screenshots of the game.

Top Bottom