• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

I'm glad I wasn't the only one impressed by the look of this room. Impressive action shot. The PS4 share button is too slow for combat shots, unfortunately.

I've been talking about this room ever since I first encountered it; glad someone with a capture cardwas able to do it justice. Definitely a wow this is next gen showcase .

sammelito

ih6SvUofBDYDK.jpg

ibc89Z6YmKlEav.jpg

onilink88

Can we have a rule that bans gamepad screens added to the OP? Like, seriously, what is the point? Now that we can take 720p screens, taking sub-native resolution shots is a fucking waste.

Frolow

Banned
Can we have a rule that bans gamepad screens added to the OP? Like, seriously, what is the point? Now that we can take 720p screens, taking sub-native resolution shots is a fucking waste.

Why? I don't see all that many people taking Gamepad shots. And regardless, there's occasionally Gamepad-exclusive features that someone may want to capture.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

they aren't gamepad screens. Miiverse screenshots are only 480p. On the down side... yeah, it's 480p. However (even though I don't have any screens in here) I love posting screens to Miiverse, and the thought of first posting the screen to Miiverse, THEN opening up the web browser to post the screen again for GAF seems like a pain.

If only Nintendo would change Miiverse to native resolution shots :(

edit - and yeah, whentf is NA getting War Thunder? Game looks gorgeous.... gahhh...

onilink88

Why? I don't see all that many people taking Gamepad shots. And regardless, there's occasionally Gamepad-exclusive features that someone may want to capture.

Exceptions could be made in the case that a game is doing something interesting, like, I dunno, rendering a second viewpoint on the pad. But UI-related stuff? Does anybody really care about that? I just don't see the reason for posting 480p shots over 720p ones. :/

T.O.P

Banned
Timu would you mind getting some screenshots from the chapter 6/7 of Ryse?

I had my jaw dropping a few times there, especially a couple of places that i don't want to spoil

Timu

Timu would you mind getting some screenshots from the chapter 6/7 of Ryse?

I had my jaw dropping a few times there, especially a couple of places that i don't want to spoil
I still need to get to Chapter 3 I think, lol, going to take some days but I'll have pics of every chapter so it'll come, hopefully this week.

Angelcurio

Gold Member
more KZ:SF - sorry bout the facebook img compression

1410933_737653049595423_336078928_o.jpg

859909_737652809595447_1043574733_o.jpg
That level looked amazing. I had to stop playing a couple of times just to stare at the rocks. That level made me finally realize that this generation lasted too long, so watching high resolution textures in walls and boulders really made me feel like we were finally in a new generation.

Regarding gamepad shots. I will ignore the 3 pics per post only once to show how the gamepad works in ZombiU, splitting it into several posts is more confusing i think.

This is the normal view
[url=http://abload.de/image.php?img=wiiu_screenshot_tv_01i3u2w.jpg][/URL]

This is what you see on the gamepad
[url=http://abload.de/image.php?img=wiiu_screenshot_gamep5nkfp.jpg][/URL]

In the lower right corner thats actually a button you press on the touchpad, it will send out a ping. It's a motion tracker as seen in the Aliens movie. This can be nerve wracking when all of a sudden red lights appear and it gives off a high pitched sound.
Also every icon displayed functions as a button, top left flashlight on/off, top right weapons. You can rearange them if you like, put your weapons to the left etc. The button to the left midscreen is for posting messages in the gameworld i think, haven't figured that out yet i admit.

You can use the gamepad for scanning the environment, your TV will show something like this
[url=http://abload.de/image.php?img=wiiu_screenshot_tv_013yus2.jpg][/URL]

And your gamepad this
[url=http://abload.de/image.php?img=wiiu_screenshot_gamepa5u1z.jpg][/URL]

Then of course you can manage your inventory and extras on the Gamepad while the game doesn't pause and you have to be wary of Zombis
[url=http://abload.de/image.php?img=wiiu_screenshot_gamep5skpr.jpg][/URL]
[url=http://abload.de/image.php?img=wiiu_screenshot_gamepyxj9u.jpg][/URL]

There is much more and unfortunately you can't make screenshots of the manual of the game because it seems to be an external app, they put some effort into it.
That's it, sorry for 6 pics in one post!

spoonman

Banned
This is why I love capture cards...dat quality.=O

You can't get that kind of quality through the internal PS4 capture?

As beautiful as Killzone is I'd love to see more examples, like the NBA 2k14, or even more Wii U Super Mario 3D Land levels.

Is there an active thread for GTA V HD screens? I'm only been able to find the RockStar screenie threads on Gaf.

Gestault

I find it entertaining that aesthetically, the best representation of Sony hardware is now futuristic science-fiction, and the best of Microsoft hardware is semi-historical/mythological. Traaade plaaaces.

Timu

I just got to the forest level in Ryse...holy crap.o_O
I find it entertaining that aesthetically, the best representation of Sony hardware is now futuristic science-fiction, and the best of Microsoft hardware is semi-historical/mythological. Traaade plaaaces.
Holy crap you're right.

Melchiah

That's a good observation, which never occurred to me. As a sci-fi fan, I hope that's an omen of things to come. ;)

VanWinkle

Does KZ:SF multiplayer have dynamic resolution or something? Whenever I move even slightly, the game gets SIGNIFICANTLY more blurry than when at a standstill.

Izayoi

Banned
Does KZ:SF multiplayer have dynamic resolution or something? Whenever I move even slightly, the game gets SIGNIFICANTLY more blurry than when at a standstill.
TXAA. I wouldn't say that it's significant (much better than regular FXAA, closer to SMAA in quality), but it's certainly noticeable if you're paying attention. The downside of using a post-process AA solution, unfortunately.

RGVNOE

This is what you see on the gamepad
[url=http://abload.de/image.php?img=wiiu_screenshot_gamep5nkfp.jpg][/URL]

In the lower right corner thats actually a button you press on the touchpad, it will send out a ping. It's a motion tracker as seen in the Aliens movie. This can be nerve wracking when all of a sudden red lights appear and it gives off a high pitched sound.
Also every icon displayed functions as a button, top left flashlight on/off, top right weapons. You can rearange them if you like, put your weapons to the left etc. The button to the left midscreen is for posting messages in the gameworld i think, haven't figured that out yet i admit.

I haven't played it in a little bit, but if I remember correctly it lets you know who from your friend's list died recently and where.

By the way you screenshot url's are huge

Top Bottom